Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
What's Hot!!
PIANO TEACHERS Please read this!
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

Who's Online Now
62 registered members (AZNpiano, AntOnYou8, cathryn999, Brahms4, Animisha, CadenzaVvi, ando, AnnInMiami, 17 invisible), 894 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2804596
01/21/19 05:36 AM
01/21/19 05:36 AM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium
How much I enjoyed "Go Big C", which comes after it seems like an invincible mountain. I mean in level 4b and beyond. I don't know what to do, continue wrestling in Marvel and maybe get a dislike of piano, or just stay in a lower level and play the songs that I like and can read. It is mainly the speed and the left hand that give a lot of problems. I manage the C scale fast in the right hand, but left "lame" hand not even slow...its going to chase me forever frown

One finds limits by PUSHING them.

Pianbo Marvel level 4B and everything I like smile
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2804598
01/21/19 06:04 AM
01/21/19 06:04 AM
Tyrone Slothrop Online content
Tyrone Slothrop  Online Content

Originally Posted by Sarah65
How much I enjoyed "Go Big C", which comes after it seems like an invincible mountain. I mean in level 4b and beyond. I don't know what to do, continue wrestling in Marvel and maybe get a dislike of piano, or just stay in a lower level and play the songs that I like and can read. It is mainly the speed and the left hand that give a lot of problems. I manage the C scale fast in the right hand, but left "lame" hand not even slow...its going to chase me forever frown

Well, this is a hobby and one needn't ever do what is painful for a hobby. That said, it is nice to grow. And sometimes, you can try a piece at your own pace and when you feel you can't improve it beyond a certain point, perhaps the best thing is to move on and come back to it later without fixating on the gold star or lack of it smile Hobby!

That said, you are pointing out your left hand here. It might be nice to work on improving your left hand. Take this super slowly as improvement can come gradually. It might be you move on and just work on this one for a few minutes every few days as almost just an exercise for improving your left hand.

across the stone, deathless piano performances
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2804614
01/21/19 07:16 AM
01/21/19 07:16 AM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
That said, you are pointing out your left hand here. It might be nice to work on improving your left hand. Take this super slowly as improvement can come gradually. It might be you move on and just work on this one for a few minutes every few days as almost just an exercise for improving your left hand.

The problem is that the last two fingers (4 and 5) are numb. The other fingers obviously have also more difficulty doing what they have to do. It's very difficult to hit a key if you don't feel where your finger is, usually the key next to the right key frown . It's a little bit better since the beginning, I can already play the 3 note chords fairly smoothly left, but totally OK it will never be again. It's especially in single notes, I "don't feel" where those fingers are. Too much trial and error...

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2804804
01/21/19 05:53 PM
01/21/19 05:53 PM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium
For whom Musescore wants to upgrade to 3 beware! In Musescore 3 It is impossible to remove tempo markers in Midi. Consequently, impossible to upload in Marvel. And also scores made in Musescore 2 opens with errors in version 3. You can retain both than you have no problems. Or don't download the new one, lots of bugs and glitches, see forum musescore.

Last edited by Sarah65; 01/21/19 05:53 PM.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2804811
01/21/19 06:33 PM
01/21/19 06:33 PM

The problem is that the last two fingers (4 and 5) are numb. The other fingers obviously have also more difficulty doing what they have to do. It's very difficult to hit a key if you don't feel where your finger is, usually the key next to the right key frown . It's a little bit better since the beginning, I can already play the 3 note chords fairly smoothly left, but totally OK it will never be again. It's especially in single notes, I "don't feel" where those fingers are. Too much trial and error...

Numb? As in nerve damage? Because I can understand that. I was in a near-fatal motorcycle accident 7 years ago and have permanent nerve damage in my right arm. It still tingles sometimes, but mostly I have been ignoring it. I'm sure it affects my piano negatively though.

For whom Musescore wants to upgrade to 3 beware! In Musescore 3 It is impossible to remove tempo markers in Midi. Consequently, impossible to upload in Marvel. And also scores made in Musescore 2 opens with errors in version 3. You can retain both than you have no problems. Or don't download the new one, lots of bugs and glitches, see forum musescore.

Can you open a ticket with PM on this? I think they will fix it. They fixed the last issue with Musescore, even though it took them some time. They recently fixed (or are fixing - they showed me some of their changes) a problem I mentioned in this thread that I had reported to PM associated with tempo in 2/2 cut-time. Clearly they are working on a new release of PM. If you raise this issue to them, they might have it fixed for the next PM release.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2804897
01/22/19 03:42 AM
01/22/19 03:42 AM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium

Can you open a ticket with PM on this? I think they will fix it. They fixed the last issue with Musescore, even though it took them some time. They recently fixed (or are fixing - they showed me some of their changes) a problem I mentioned in this thread that I had reported to PM associated with tempo in 2/2 cut-time. Clearly they are working on a new release of PM. If you raise this issue to them, they might have it fixed for the next PM release.

I don't think that PM can fix this because you can enter a tempo in "create exercise", if the MIDI has a different tempo, it doesn't work with the. Xml. If I have time I will give it a try, and report it.
I have identified another problem. In Prepare mode I have to press the keys very hard to register them as a played note, very annoying. They are also bothered with it, it's a "glitch"??? In the program. They are working on it.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2808377
01/29/19 08:37 PM
01/29/19 08:37 PM
Maryland
GidgetKeys Offline
GidgetKeys  Offline

Maryland
It's quiet here lately. I also liked the Go Big C piece in the Level 4a Method. I'm working on the next one now.

Anybody else watch Josh's FB live sessions? Last week he was working on Ed Sheeran's song Perfect, so I've been working on the easy version of that. I rather like it.

[Linked Image]

Alfred's Adult All-in-One, Book 1 ๐ŸŽน
Alfred's Greatest Hits Level 1 ๐ŸŽถ
๐ŸŽผ Piano Marvel 4a

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2808379
01/29/19 08:42 PM
01/29/19 08:42 PM

I don't think that PM can fix this because you can enter a tempo in "create exercise", if the MIDI has a different tempo, it doesn't work with the. Xml. If I have time I will give it a try, and report it.

I already mentioned to Sarah65, but thought I would just mention to other PM users. I discussed the Musescore 3.0 bug with their lead developer and they are looking at it.

Originally Posted by GidgetKeys
Anybody else watch Josh's FB live sessions? Last week he was working on Ed Sheeran's song Perfect, so I've been working on the easy version of that. I rather like it.

I didn't know they were using FB so actively. Do you know if these are being posted to Youtube?

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2808386
01/29/19 08:59 PM
01/29/19 08:59 PM
Maryland
GidgetKeys Offline
GidgetKeys  Offline

Maryland
I know that some of the live streams have been done through YouTube. It looks like eventually the videos are added. The "Perfect" video was #13 and the YouTube channel only has up to #12.

[Linked Image]

๐ŸŽผ Piano Marvel 4a

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2808552
01/30/19 08:59 AM
01/30/19 08:59 AM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium

I already mentioned to Sarah65, but thought I would just mention to other PM users. I discussed the Musescore 3.0 bug with their lead developer and they are looking at it.

I'm using my musescore 2.0 again, I understand everything and know how to use it, and no bugs. In 3.0 they moved a lot of things, don't like searching again smile

I didn't know they were using FB so actively. Do you know if these are being posted to Youtube?

I have seen the livestreem but not live (middle of the night here) https://www.facebook.com/PianoMarvel/
They make it look like it's easy, but for beginners it will be disappointing. Not everyone has the qualities like Josh to be able to do that.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: GidgetKeys] #2808554
01/30/19 09:05 AM
01/30/19 09:05 AM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium
It's quiet here lately. I also liked the Go Big C piece in the Level 4a Method. I'm working on the next one now.

Did you finish "What a saw" ??? I can get the left hand playing that thing, and I don't like how it sound so....no star wink

One more question, I have recently shared my favourite list with you, if I change something here, new song or delete one, ... will it change in your folder also?

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2810558
02/04/19 12:05 PM
02/04/19 12:05 PM
L
LarryK Online content
LarryK  Online Content
L

Hello,

I just started with Piano Marvel. I'm enjoying it so far and am motivated to get through the lessons and put trophies in my case. I know many will say to get a teacher but I'm already studying classical guitar and can only afford so many teachers. I pay for classical guitar lessons as well as ensemble coaching in a guitar quartet I play in. Perhaps I can find a teacher to work with once a month.

So, a simple question. Can Piano Marvel show you the current amount of time you've practice during the current day? I see the monthly goal, and the number of minutes accrued towards that goal, but I want to know how many practice minutes for each day. I thought I saw that somewhere but cannot seem to find it. Is it displayed when you bring up an exercises and not on the overview screen?

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: LarryK] #2810569
02/04/19 12:26 PM
02/04/19 12:26 PM
Maryland
GidgetKeys Offline
GidgetKeys  Offline

Maryland
Originally Posted by LarryK

So, a simple question. Can Piano Marvel show you the current amount of time you've practice during the current day? I see the monthly goal, and the number of minutes accrued towards that goal, but I want to know how many practice minutes for each day. I thought I saw that somewhere but cannot seem to find it. Is it displayed when you bring up an exercises and not on the overview screen?

Yes. Look for the Reports tab and it will show you the daily amounts for the last 7 days.

And welcome!

[Linked Image]

๐ŸŽผ Piano Marvel 4a

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: GidgetKeys] #2810725
02/04/19 06:05 PM
02/04/19 06:05 PM
L
LarryK Online content
LarryK  Online Content
L

Yes. Look for the Reports tab and it will show you the daily amounts for the last 7 days.

And welcome!

Thanks! Ok, that's good but I wish they would put the number of daily minutes on the Lessons tab because I spend all of my time in there every day.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: LarryK] #2811111
02/05/19 06:03 PM
02/05/19 06:03 PM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium
[quote=GidgetKeys][quote=LarryK]

Thanks! Ok, that's good but I wish they would put the number of daily minutes on the Lessons tab because I spend all of my time in there every day.

You can ask the Marvel team, always glad with feedback. tab support smile Or you can use a clock?

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2811266
02/06/19 07:00 AM
02/06/19 07:00 AM
T
TomInCinci Offline
TomInCinci  Offline
T

[quote=GidgetKeys][quote=LarryK]

You can ask the Marvel team, always glad with feedback. tab support smile Or you can use a clock?

Good luck with that. My experience has been that they will work on bugs but file my suggestions in the trash. On the other hand, I do commend them for leaving the basic interface the same rather than making me completely relearn it with every release, as is the current fashion.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: TomInCinci] #2811275
02/06/19 07:30 AM
02/06/19 07:30 AM
Wuustwezel Belgium
Sarah65 Offline OP
Sarah65  Offline OP

Wuustwezel Belgium
Originally Posted by TomInCinci

Good luck with that. My experience has been that they will work on bugs but file my suggestions in the trash. On the other hand, I do commend them for leaving the basic interface the same rather than making me completely relearn it with every release, as is the current fashion.

I think they are trying to answer and implement. So I asked last if it was possible to arrange the own songs that you upload alphabetically. And a few days later it was done. There is something very annoying that I have already reported a few times, in the prepare mode many notes are missed, although I'm sure I'm playing them, I just have to push harder on the keys, very annoying.
Anybody else with this problem?

I don't see much changing in the new release? Old <---> New Is big difference, I like the new interface more.

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Sarah65] #2811458
02/06/19 02:37 PM
02/06/19 02:37 PM
H
HvT Offline
HvT  Offline
H

I think they are trying to answer and implement. So I asked last if it was possible to arrange the own songs that you upload alphabetically. And a few days later it was done. There is something very annoying that I have already reported a few times, in the prepare mode many notes are missed, although I'm sure I'm playing them, I just have to push harder on the keys, very annoying.
Anybody else with this problem?

I don't see much changing in the new release? Old <---> New Is big difference, I like the new interface more.

Yes, I have the same problem, certain notes are not โ€œacceptedโ€ when in prepare mode unless I hit or rehit the note quite hard. Iโ€™ve reported this and got the answer (today) that they are working hard to fix this problem and that it hopefully will be fixed within a week or so.

//Hans

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: TomInCinci] #2811471
02/06/19 02:58 PM
02/06/19 02:58 PM

I talked with Josh about making some changes and he then showed me screenshots of the proposed change a few days later. They are definitely not filling suggestions in the trash!

Re: Other people do Piano Marvel? [Re: Tyrone Slothrop] #2811485
02/06/19 03:31 PM
02/06/19 03:31 PM
T
TomInCinci Offline
TomInCinci  Offline
T

I talked with Josh about making some changes and he then showed me screenshots of the proposed change a few days later. They are definitely not filling suggestions in the trash!

Must just be your innate charm. smile As for me, I've given up.

I went back to PM today after a 3 week absence. I had a couple of experiences that really soured me on the learning process. But I'm not really smart enough to give up so it's back to level 3 and the standard doubts about my remaining brain cells. I have to get myself a teacher this year.

Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  BB Player 

(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways
(ad)
Sweetwater - Keyboards
Sweetwater Keyboard Deals
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
New Topics - Multiple Forums
So... how do you clean the keyboard?
by JimB1. 02/20/19 09:36 PM
Double striking issue
by jsilva. 02/20/19 07:03 PM
Storing piano packaging
by KevinM. 02/20/19 06:59 PM
The Piano Tuner (Pianos Forever Film)
by cathryn999. 02/20/19 06:43 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics190,414
Posts2,797,786
Members92,534
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Please Support Our Advertisers
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Sweetwater

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission