2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Barry_Braksick, danno858, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, 12 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 185 of 190 1 2 183 184 185 186 187 189 190
B
B
https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre...ult-piano-course-book-2.html#Post2693246

This is a good song to learn timing and is sort of a leap song. Once you get this one it opens the door. Stay with it but don't let it consume you.

Birdgolf
[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks Birdolf. That answers my question. I’m looking forward to it and getting there one step at a time.

Alesis Coda Pro
PianoVideoLessons.com Currently unit 4
Faber All In One -Level 2
Grateful Dead fan since 1987
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Long time no see! It looks like I last posted in July. As I stated in my post today in the 40 piece challenge, I haven't been playing much. Lots of distractions. Some unavoidable, and some freely chosen. I'm back, playing Christmas music, but I'm about to leave for my son's home to celebrate Christmas week, with no access to a piano. Hope to get back on track in January. At this rate, I will never finish Book 2, and may even have to review some of the later material in Book 1 and all the Book 2 pieces again before moving on to new stuff.

I'm glad the thread is still going strong, and that some familiar names are still working hard.

Merry Christmas everyone!

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
B
B
Hi mom3gram , one of my goals is to get through ALFRED's BK 2 before June. I started in June 2016 (but I took a diversion and completed BK 1 during that time). Any who, I watched the fellow on "Let's Play Piano Method" and he recommended people go through their method books several times. Good to hear from you. Birdgolf

Birdgolf
[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Getting through Book 2 is way in the future for me. I end up having to backtrack from time to time, so yes, I've gone through Book 1 totally twice, and I am going back to a few of the pieces that I liked right now, as well as some of the pieces from the Pop Songbook and Greatest Hits.. I just don't seem to retain what I learn for very long anymore. It's all good though, I am still enjoying myself.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
B
B
This thread is sinking to the bottom fast. Trying to get it to stay on page one. Help ! Help ! Help ! What's going on in your ALFRED's journey ?

Birdgolf
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Birdgolf
This thread is sinking to the bottom fast. Trying to get it to stay on page one. Help ! Help ! Help ! What's going on in your ALFRED's journey ?

I've just started book 1. I'm using it as a refresher course since I'm returning to piano for the first time in a dozen-odd years. Really looking forward to joining everyone here in book 2. Reading about your progress and which pieces everyone enjoys/struggles with is really motivating!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Looks like it's just you and me, Birdgolf. And I'm not making a lot of progress. I finished up "Beauty and the Beast" from Greatest Hits 1, and I'm doing some remedial work getting "Amazing Grace" back up to speed, but I haven't opened Book 2 yet this year. I think I was at Village Dance, Brahm's Lullaby, and Lonesome Road last time I looked. I'm trying to bring a few old favorites back before tackling anything new. I loose so much if I stop practicing regularly for a few months. Glad you are not letting our thread fall back too much.
And where is Blackjack?

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I still do pieces from the book from time to time. I just recently learned Black Forest Polka, and playing around with Loch Lomond. I work primarily with other books though.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

D
D
I finished Hava Nagila today. My teacher assigned me Olympic Procession next.

Last edited by David51; 01/08/18 06:58 PM.

Started lessons August 2014 at age 63 - taught by son using Skype.
Kawai CN34 digital piano + 8" monitor spkrs
Pianoteq 5 (D4 and Model B), Ravenscroft 275, Synthogy Ivory II American Concert D, Garritan cfx concert grand
"Alfred's Adult All-In-One Course" Book 2
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hahahaha! After my post earlier today, I decided to open to the next piece in Book 2 and see what I can do with it. The next piece is Circus March. Hahaha! I spent about a half hour on the first two measures, before I finally heard something that I recognized. And I'm not even sure that I can duplicate it tomorrow without a lot of trial and error again. LOL! This one is going to take a while.

bSharp and David, and BirdGolf too, you are all ahead of me in the book. Did you have any trouble with Circus March? Is this going to be another "Blow the Man Down"? Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Ahh, Circus March - I remember that. It's not that hard, maybe even easier then BTMD. The new thing is the chromatic scale for the right hand. Just practice that hand alone at first. You can easily add in the left hand staccato chords later. They just happen for the first beat of most the measures. Check out tinymozarts on YouTube. I'm sure she has this recorded, if you want to get an idea of what it sounds like.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

B
B
Originally Posted by mom3gram
Hahahaha! After my post earlier today, I decided to open to the next piece in Book 2 and see what I can do with it. The next piece is Circus March. Hahaha! I spent about a half hour on the first two measures, before I finally heard something that I recognized. And I'm not even sure that I can duplicate it tomorrow without a lot of trial and error again. LOL! This one is going to take a while.

bSharp and David, and BirdGolf too, you are all ahead of me in the book. Did you have any trouble with Circus March? Is this going to be another "Blow the Man Down"? Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

Lately. when learning a new piece, I try to play the melody along with Margo vd Broek on YTube. She goes extremely slooow ! I noticed she has Circus March. Let us know what you think. Birdgolf

Birdgolf
[Linked Image]

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in a while I got distracted by the holidays and just couldn't get myself over to the computer so I haven't been posting at all for a couple months but I have continued working piano....but not in Alfred's so I need to make some time for it!!

I've been working on a lot of technique and scales for my grade 4 exam. I did finish off a Bach Polonaise and I'll post the link below for those that are interested. I'll try to get back to Alfred's after my exams. Glad to see a lot of old screen names posting in here BirdGolf, mom3gram, bsharp it's good to see your updates.

Bach Polonaise G minor

Hope everyone has a great week and talk to you soon!

Half way through Alfred's Adult All in One - Level 2

https://soundcloud.com/blackjack1777/
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Sound like you've been working hard. Good luck with your exam, Blackjack.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
It looks like my latest post about Circus March disappeared. Not sure why, but it happens occasionally. Perhaps I am not hitting "post" when I'm done. So, I've made a lot of progress, and you were all right - not as difficult as it seemed. I got it to sound good enough to count it for the 40 Piece Club. I've got daily practice list of some really easy new pieces, a couple of re-learns of favorites that I've let deteriorate, and new pieces from Book 2 and Greatest Hits.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Just bumping this thread up to page 1 so we can find it. Plugging along with new, easy 40 Piece Club pieces, and a few old favorites that I want to retain as repertoire. I haven't actually started anything new from Book 2 yet.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
B
B
Hello, bsharp,blackjack,mom3gram, good to hear from yall.
I have been working in Alfred's on songs: FASCINATION, DEEP RIVER, and just started LOCH LOMOND.
L.L. is in a new major scale for me i.e. Eb Major. For the 40 Club I've also took an interest in
some of M.Muir's Jazz, Rags, and Blues.(The First three songs in Book 1.) It is good to read
about the progress everyone is making. Cheers, Birdgolf

Birdgolf
[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Nice pieces, Birdgolf. Fascination was my favorite "song" when I was in 8th grade. I think it was a vocal and violin piece and a very popular hit at the time. Last year I attempted to skip ahead and play in from the AIO book, and I didn't think it was very hard, but I didn't stick with it long enough to actually play it very well. I am looking forward to getting to it for real this time.

I looked at the Jazz, Rags and Blues book last year also, but it looked like it was still a bit beyond me. But I bought the Alfred Basic Library Jazz, Rags and Blues 1B (also by Mier), and it was pretty easy, so maybe I will try the one you have next. I'm not really crazy about Blues, but I love Ragtime.

mom3gram

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by mom3gram
Nice pieces, Birdgolf. Fascination was my favorite "song" when I was in 8th grade. I think it was a vocal and violin piece and a very popular hit at the time. Last year I attempted to skip ahead and play in from the AIO book, and I didn't think it was very hard, but I didn't stick with it long enough to actually play it very well. I am looking forward to getting to it for real this time.

I looked at the Jazz, Rags and Blues book last year also, but it looked like it was still a bit beyond me. But I bought the Alfred Basic Library Jazz, Rags and Blues 1B (also by Mier), and it was pretty easy, so maybe I will try the one you have next. I'm not really crazy about Blues, but I love Ragtime.

I love ragtime. But for the life of me I cant play it. What page are you on Mom3Gram? I think I will go dig out my book and join you all.

Yamaha P115 Keyboard
A very old outta tune Baby Grand
A stack of piano music that I cant play !!!
Page 185 of 190 1 2 183 184 185 186 187 189 190

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission