I'm playing the second rhapsody at the moment so the music is quite well known to me now.
I have had a listen and parts of it sounded strange so I had a detailed listen to the piece. I have picked out some parts and tried to work out what is wrong.
- 10s - you are missing two triptes (second D GB) in right hand
- 1:10/1-13 - A-A chords are separated in last in left hand, sounds you playing them blocked
- 1:18: you are missing 3 A's in right hand
- 1:21: something is wrong with the right hand chords (i think you played A-D-E twice but the chords always change so it should be A-D-F shard, A-D-E)
- 1:24: its B C sharp E B (not B D B), also the middle part of the chord (C sharp E) so should be held as crotchets
- 2:26 & 2:28: you are missing the 3rd beat (F sharp, G, F sharp) both times
- 2:32: chords in right hand are in every beat of the bar (i think you missed the last one)
-2:37: you are missing some triplets here in right hand. (there are some quavers in right hand but sometimes you are doing quavers when there should be triplets)
- you are missing the triplets in the last beat throughout. there is an ostenuto throughtout and you are cutting it it so really take another look at this.
- 2:46 D-D-D in right hand (you just played one D i think)
-2:50 (A-A chord but the D-E-D triplet is missed)
- in this entire section you are missing all the triplets on the last beats of the bar until 3:15
- 3:49 : the 3rd beat in the left is and epic !! chord (not just a D)
- 4:43 : 3rd beat missing the D-E-D triplet
- 4:56: similar mistakes - the right hand chord changes every beat, you are playing sometimes repeatied chords which are wrong so check over this section
- 4:57: same prob as before (it is chord, E flat, D twice), you are just doing the E flat and doing a rest (so missing the D twice).
A couple of general suggestions.
At 58s - why 1-3 in right hand when you have semitones / tones (I am playing 1-2 is much easier and should help hand position).
octave chords : you fingers are in the same static when you play chord and you play 5-1 for all of them. suggestion - collect fingers when you play chords, so you reach into the keys and you can use this elastic energy to move. this can help with the passion and power, the marking of bramhs in my book is 'molto passionato'. my teacher said he was massive like a bear with huge hands so he was very powerful in real life also! also i quite like with quite octaves - e.g. white note octaves 1-5 and blacks octaves 1-4. i know this was a debated before but this technique is especially useful for fast octave passages.
I hope that helps. You seem to have play some of the really hard passages perfectly so I think the main trouble is you are not playing with the score, is there a reason why ?
I have been recording myself and you can have a listen to me if you click below. i make a thread before where some people gave me some tips so you can search for that also. sorry i cant play the other rhapsody at all as its too hard so someone else can help with that one.