2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
38 members (benkeys, Burkhard, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, 3 invisible), 1,336 guests, and 279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
7000 Post Club Member
P.S. It seems to not be related to Kawai only results. No Google results are returned for Pianoworld at all. False Kawai conspiracy alarm on my side wink Changing the thread name as well.

When searching for various digital piano related stuff on Google I used to get many Pianoworld results as top results. Well, not anymore! If i search for whatever with Kawai in it, even exact thread names such as my own “Kawai ES9 wishlist” or even targeting Pianoworld domain like “ES9 site:.pianoworld.com” and I get only one result which is not what I’m looking for.

What’s going on? Is my Google wrong? Is Pianoworld wrong? Is this intentional after those leaks. If so, I find it wrong because it’s the forum that will not get attention. If owners are OK with people redirected to other websites.

Last edited by CyberGene; 12/30/17 10:46 AM.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
G
G
Looks like zero pianoworld posts are being returned by Google, not just ones with Kawai in them, no idea why though. They are still being returned by Bing, so that's a good half dozen people that will still be able to find them. smile

7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
7000 Post Club Member
Indeed, it's not limited to Kawai only, just checked it. I guess then they have disabled/messed the Google bot.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Also noticed this from other searches, that I didn't find what I knew was there, just from reading the forums regularly and quite thoroughly.

You can try something like this on Google, or other search engines:

Kawai site:forum.pianoworld.com

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Strange things happening on Google these days. I suspect that once unsurpassed search engine is now politically and financially very biased indeed . . . . . Bing is increasingly my first choice.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
By the way, if they messed up the Google bot, that's not the first thing in PW that has stopped working. Before, numbered lists used to work, but not any more, see the below thread.

https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre...habetical-lists-not-working-anymore.html

I never got a response about it, though I can understand this is a free website, and one can't expect the owners of Piano World to be standby 24/7 to answer questions.

Is there any way to contact the owners/developers, for example Frank? Facebook? I follow Piano World's Facebook page, and maybe it's monitored more often, than the forums.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by peterws
Strange things happening on Google these days. I suspect that once unsurpassed search engine is now MORE politically and financially very biased indeed . . . .

Too big and too powerful. Search results went from innovative & excellent to mediocre & biased. No one has much of a say today as Google continues knocking off of traditional media verticals with some very dirty tactics.

Google has become the General Motors of 1980. . .

P
P
Agree about Google. Awful company.

Their search results are increasingly biased, and considerably worse then they were a few years back.

The amount of results that will be pulled from many years ago, or not include smaller sites that don't pay them is now legion,

They are also an awful company to deal with as a business. Hands down the worst customer service of any big company. Impossible to get hold of anyone and high-handed when they deal with you.

An alternative that does list results from piano world, and not track you to the nth degree, is duck duck go

https://duckduckgo.com

7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
7000 Post Club Member
DuckDuckGo is great, I used it in the past and not sure why I switched back to Google but would definitely revert to it now. And it can be selected as a search engine on iPhone which is even better.

D
D
Not be found by google is VERY dangerous for the survival of pianoworld (dependent on a lot of pagiews and the resulting ad revenue). Maybe it has to do with the not so user friendly „mobile version“.

Lets hope for the best

Daniel

KAWAI CS11 (sold KAWAI CA 97), KAWAI GX2 acoustic grand piano (sold SCHIMMEL acoustic upright)

Unobtanium Supporter until Jun 020 2020
3000 Post Club Member

Unobtanium Supporter until Jun 020 2020
3000 Post Club Member
When everyone was turning to Google, I stuck with a search site called dogpile.com -- very effective and run with a sense of humor. Eventually I began using Google as though it were the only option. Funny how that works out sometimes.

This situation is a good reminder that we still have choices! It appears that dogpile is still in business.

Last edited by ClsscLib; 12/30/17 03:24 PM.

[Linked Image]

"Don't let the devil fool you -
Here comes a dove;
Nothing cures like time and love."

-- Laura Nyro
E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
I use Google more out of habit. But it definetely awful (to not use the "s" word). In the past (long long ago) the first hits were spot on. Nowadays most of them direct to commercial sites, often times not even close related to the search. Time for a habit change.

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
This is exactly what I found just now when I experimented. Piano World doesn't appear anywhere near the top of Google searches. It didn't use to be like that. Often, I've used Google rather than PWs own search facility to find PW info and threads. Sometimes it worked better. Something critical has happened to the algorithm which affects searches, or PW has opted out of something, perhaps. Worrying!

Last edited by toddy; 12/30/17 05:36 PM.

Roland HP 302 / Samson Graphite 49 / Akai EWI

Reaper / Native Instruments K9 ult / ESQL MOR2 Symph Orchestra & Choirs / Lucato & Parravicini , trumpets & saxes / Garritan CFX lite / Production Voices C7 & Steinway D compact

Focusrite Saffire 24 / W7, i7 4770, 16GB / MXL V67g / Yamaha HS7s / HD598
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
If I search for "recitals pianoworld" I get the recital index as first hit

Normally I dont use google however because of privacy concerns. I recommend to use other engines like duckduckgo or ixquick

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
F
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
F
Google runs as a black box so nobody really knows how their rankings and decisions are made.

But perhaps they are downgrading all forums since I've recently noticed that another forum that I frequent (for people in the movie theatre business) has mostly disappeared from google searches as well. Searching for a recent thread usually works but searching for a thread that's more than a few months old -- if I didn't know it existed I would think it had been deleted.

Bing can still find that stuff, though. Sadly, it's starting to look like Bing is providing better answers for searches than Google.

If you're a zombie and you know it, bite your friend!
We got both kinds of music: Country and Western!
Casio Celviano AP-650
D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by FrankCox
Google runs as a black box so nobody really knows how their rankings and decisions are made.

But perhaps they are downgrading all forums since I've recently noticed that another forum that I frequent (for people in the movie theatre business) has mostly disappeared from google searches as well. Searching for a recent thread usually works but searching for a thread that's more than a few months old -- if I didn't know it existed I would think it had been deleted.

Bing can still find that stuff, though. Sadly, it's starting to look like Bing is providing better answers for searches than Google.

Verified!

Think it's time to post about this on social media lol, bit of negative press for Google Search.

Instruments......Kawai MP7SE.............................................(Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000)
Software..........Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand...............K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
Piano stool.......K&M 14093 Piano stool
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
Yes, bing (which I've just tested for the first time) turned out a far more credible list in answer to a few 'typical PW' type questions I experimented with. The tables appear to have turned.

Roland HP 302 / Samson Graphite 49 / Akai EWI

Reaper / Native Instruments K9 ult / ESQL MOR2 Symph Orchestra & Choirs / Lucato & Parravicini , trumpets & saxes / Garritan CFX lite / Production Voices C7 & Steinway D compact

Focusrite Saffire 24 / W7, i7 4770, 16GB / MXL V67g / Yamaha HS7s / HD598
A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A
Google used to let you specify that you wanted to search discussion forums, which was a great way to find people's opinions about things instead of ads for them, but they eliminated that some time back.

D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by anotherscott
Google used to let you specify that you wanted to search discussion forums, which was a great way to find people's opinions about things instead of ads for them, but they eliminated that some time back.

Yes, it's almost as if Google would prefer people to get consumer advice from people who pay them money for adverts than from independent consumers who have actual product experience.

Instruments......Kawai MP7SE.............................................(Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000)
Software..........Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand...............K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
Piano stool.......K&M 14093 Piano stool
O
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
O
While everyone is speculating I will throw this into the anecdotal pot. Maybe this is where their budget is focused as they certainly don't use it to properly upgrade the software but I frequent an animation software forum and using Google to search that forum is as productive as can be. 2D animation software is a relatively small piece of pie although this is touted as the industry leader. Keep in mind "the industry" does not include the major studios using proprietary software like Disney and Pixar. It is mostly television. I would rather they value search engine recognition less than fixing and upgrading the software. As it is all that is happening is people are able to find posts about how undernourished the software is.

I suspect this drop off of pianoworld is due to something else and probably has to do with the coding in the forum software itself. I had a domain and after I managed to get top level search positioning I dropped off within days when I changed some text in the code. This was several years back and the way things work online is constantly changing. Used to be more dependent on content and keywords. Now the number of unique people using specific words like "pianoworld" in their searches are making a substantial difference. There is no substitute for true volume of interest.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission