2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (20/20 Vision, clothearednincompo, Colin Miles, bcalvanese, booms, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 9 invisible), 1,941 guests, and 259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
U
U
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Thank you, however I would prefer to read the customer's comments directly.

Can you post the URL, please?

Kind regards,
James
x

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5482109556...=1&client_version=8.9.0&sfc=copy

Here you go...

Kawai CA67/Ivory 2 Grand Piano
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Thank you!

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
K
K

I just read through the whole review.

CA 28 is already available in China. I'll need to wait til late January 2018 to try CA 48 and CA 78 in my local dealer.

I'm in the market for a new DP to replace my old CA 93. Since I already have an acoustic piano and will be using it most of the time, I don't need top end DP model (just want at least a little better than my CA 93 in terms of action/touch and headphone sound). I'll be using headphone on the DP all the time. I'll need to try out and see if CA 48 can fit my need.

U
U
Originally Posted by Kenny Cheng

I just read through the whole review.

CA 28 is already available in China. I'll need to wait til late January 2018 to try CA 48 and CA 78 in my local dealer.

I'm in the market for a new DP to replace my old CA 93. Since I already have an acoustic piano and will be using it most of the time, I don't need top end DP model (just want at least a little better than my CA 93 in terms of action/touch and headphone sound). I'll be using headphone on the DP all the time. I'll need to try out and see if CA 48 can fit my need.

perhaps wait a bit longer since Roland and Casio will release their new models too?

That reviewer didn't have 525 anymore and it is not a side-by-side comparison: He has a new girlfriend, found she was not like his ex ( in his memory), so there are full of complaints at the moment, it may take a while for him to appreciate his new girl I suppose.

K
K
I’ll wait to see what other new DPs will be announced in NAMM.

James,

Is CA 67 going to be discontinued.

Or CA 67 with discounted price will still be available for few years?

O
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
O
I’ll wait to see what other new DPs will be announced in NAMM.

James,

Is CA 67 going to be discontinued.

Or CA 67 with discounted price will still be available for few years?

I think it doesn't make a lot of business sense to keep CA67 with discounted price in the market with CA78 concurrently. Based on this and the previous history, it is very likely that CA67 will be discontinued.

Osho

Last edited by Osho; 12/21/17 02:23 PM.

Mason & Hamlin BB
Kawai Novus NV10 + VST + Genelec 8050B monitors.
Current VST favorites (in the order of preference): Pianoteq 7/VSL Synchron Concert D//Garritan CFX/Embertone Walker D Full

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Not sure, it fills the void between CA 48 and CA 78 quite nicely.
In Germany there is a 1000€ gap between the two and CA 67 sits squarely in the middle of that, price and spec wise.

Last edited by Granyala; 12/21/17 04:48 PM.

The backbone of modern industrial society is, and for the foreseeable future will be, the use of electrical Power.
VPC 1 -> Pianoteq 7 Std | Garritan CFX / Pearl Alto Flute 201
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
I expect that is temporary and the CA78 price will drop closer to the CA67 price in the future.
Also, further discounting the CA67 would eat into the CA48 sales.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I guess we will know when sellers like Thomann drop it from their inventory.

Find it strange though, the CA 17 and old MP 7 got mean discounts and vanished extremely quickly, yet the CA 67 is sold as if nothing happened.
Thomann didn't even go down with the 67s price, it's still at 2.4K.

The backbone of modern industrial society is, and for the foreseeable future will be, the use of electrical Power.
B
B
Perhaps there's just a reasonable number of CA67s around that they'd rather shift at the higher price if they can. I recall when I was trying to obtain one in spring 2016 there was a bit of a shortage across the UK at least, maybe they over produced in response!

A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
It has been a bit strange with CA67 sales here in the UK since I kept an eye out on them to see if there were any bargains to be had at any point, but they never came, or I may have missed some.

There were some very good deals on the Ca17 by a few sellers brand new for around GBP 1100 not long ago. A few other sellers I spotted were pushing brand new ( not ex display ) CA97 models for GBP 1999, while still selling the CA67 for more ( scratches head ).

The price for the CA67 solidly remained at around the GBP 2050 - 2100 mark. Since the release of Ca78/98 it seems there are still plenty CA67 to come by at the standard price. I recall one shop said" last one" a few months ago, that same dealer later on showed 1 in stock as normal.

I guess it is a popular model so they will not reduce it if kawai dealers feel they'll sell them off eventually, but seeing a CA97 at one time for less from the same dealer seems a bit nuts to me.

Selftaught since June 2014.
Books: Barratt classic piano course bk 1,2,3. Humphries Piano handbook, various...
Kawai CA78, Casio AP450 & software pianos.
[Linked Image] 12x ABF recitals.
My struggles: https://soundcloud.com/alexander-borro
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
The dealer in my country for instance can't procure any more CA67s, so it's possible that Thomann still has stock and they're confident they're going to sell it at this price.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Granyala
I think that is the point of artificial product segmentation. After all, the goal of the company is to make you spend as much money as possible.

On competitor's products? Currently the CLP-645 is on sale at roughly the same price point as the CA17/CA48 (2000 €). Something I can still afford, unlike the CA78, which is far beyond reach.

Last edited by JoeT; 12/24/17 10:12 AM.

Yamaha P-515
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by JoeT
Originally Posted by Granyala
I think that is the point of artificial product segmentation. After all, the goal of the company is to make you spend as much money as possible.

On competitor's products? Currently the CLP-645 is on sale at roughly the same price point as the CA17/CA48 (2000 €). Something I can still afford, unlike the CA78, which is far beyond reach.

645 competes with CN37/CA-48.

CA-78 is definitely more high end than a 645. Personally, I heard the 645 and wasn't impressed at all.

G
G
Hi guys! My name is Michael and I've been working and living in China for the last 12 years. Playing the piano has always been my passion and I try to keep myself up to date about the latest developments about pianos.

Recently, I stumbled onto some posts here in China about the new CA-28 that just got released into the Chinese market. Previously, in terms of Kawai digital pianos with wooden key actions, there was the CA-15 and CA-30 (which is almost similar in specs with the CA-15 but with an additional wooden soundboard like with the CA-95 and 97). BTW, the CA-17 was never released in the Chinese market however.

Currently, the CA-15 has been officially discontinued with the CA-28 and like the CA-48 and recent Kawai digitals, it comes with the new Shigeru Kawai EX sound samples.

However, unlike the CA-48, the keyboard on the CA-28 is being advertised as the "Grand Feel Standard with Let Off" action.

I've searched on Google and Baidu and couldn't get any specific details if this is the "Grand Feel Compact" or just another relabeling of the first generation "Grand Feel" action.

Anyway, feel free to take a look at the link below where they have unboxing pictures along with a closeup of the keyboard action.

Link to CA-28 post in Chinese

Price at the moment is about 10,000 RMB which converts to about $1,500 USD.

I was thinking about getting the VPC-1 for a long time but it's not sold here and the import tax is very expensive.

Other than that, I might just fork out some cash to buy a used Kawai US-50 which are going for about $3,000 in the used piano market in China.

Peace everybody!

Last edited by Michael X.; 12/27/17 04:46 AM.
K
K
Originally Posted by Michael X.
Hi guys! My name is Michael and I've been working and living in China for the last 12 years. Playing the piano has always been my passion and I try to keep myself up to date about the latest developments about pianos.

Recently, I stumbled onto some posts here in China about the new CA-28 that just got released into the Chinese market. Previously, in terms of Kawai digital pianos with wooden key actions, there was the CA-15 and CA-30 (which is almost similar in specs with the CA-15 but with an additional wooden soundboard like with the CA-95 and 97). BTW, the CA-17 was never released in the Chinese market however.

Currently, the CA-15 has been officially discontinued with the CA-28 and like the CA-48 and recent Kawai digitals, it comes with the new Shigeru Kawai EX sound samples.

However, unlike the CA-48, the keyboard on the CA-28 is being advertised as the "Grand Feel Standard with Let Off" action.

I've searched on Google and Baidu and couldn't get any specific details if this is the "Grand Feel Compact" or just another relabeling of the first generation "Grand Feel" action.

Anyway, feel free to take a look at the link below where they have unboxing pictures along with a closeup of the keyboard action.

I was thinking about getting the VPC-1 for a long time but it's not sold here and the import tax is very expensive.

Other than that, I might just fork out some cash to buy a used Kawai US-50 which are going for about $3.000 in the used piano market in China.

Peace everybody!

It seems CA 28 in China is cheaper than CA 48 elsewhere.

I asked my local dealer and they told me the price is about $2,200 USD

It will not be in display until late Jan, 2018.

U
U
Originally Posted by Michael X.

Other than that, I might just fork out some cash to buy a used Kawai US-50 which are going for about $3.000 in the used piano market in China.

Peace everybody!

It seems CA 28 in China is cheaper than CA 48 elsewhere.

I asked my local dealer and they told me the price is about $2,200 USD

It will not be in display until late Jan, 2018.

It is highly possible this CA28 is made in China instead of Indonesia.

J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
We'll - maybe if you open up the thing there is a way to create a DIY line-in for a technical person, who knows.
Would solve the main 'problem' with this model me guess , but warranty void of course ;-)

OP Offline
A quick overview video of the CA48, courtesy of Kawai America's Sean O'Shea at NAMM, courtesy of Kraft Music:

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
E
E
I want to buy either the CA67 or the CA48 and was wondering which keybed was better for learning and improving my piano technique. The price difference is about 90 dollars (Ca67: 2660, Ca48:2570). I read somewhere the CA67 also has bluetooth connectivity but I haven't found anything backing up this claim.
Although bluetooth would be nice my main concern is the keybed. Is the GF compact better than the GF2 keybed?

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission