Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
69 registered members (anotherscott, Apoptosis, Bill Bremmer RPT, Chewbacca, Almaviva, Bambers, 18 invisible), 1,743 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2691119 - 36 minutes ago Any honest, ethical, dealers out there - NOT Sweetwater.  
Pologuy Online content
Pologuy  Online Content

Milwaukee, WI
Anyone deal with any honest, ethical, dealers when buying your digital keyboards, pianos, etc.

I contacted Sweetwater asking for a price on some keyboards and was told in their sales pitch that one of the reasons to buy from Sweetwater over the competition was because my purchase had "free shipping" - and stating:

“I want to make sure I can give you a quote for the correct items.”; “what's your zip code so I can calculate the shipping on my end.”

“We use your zip code to calculate how much shipping is going to cost us when we quote.”

"in order for us to know what kind of price we can get you, we need to know how much it is going to cost us, so we usually ask for an address or zip code so we can calculate.”

It is plain to see, Sweetwater conceals the shipping costs in its quoted prices – shipping is not “free”.

Sweetwater's website also states:

“Remember that if your order was shipped for free under our free shipping promo, the cost of outbound shipping will be deducted from your return credit”

“If you return your purchase, then the cost of shipping will be deducted from any refund or credit.”

Which means that the shipping is not free – it is included in the price.

As one poster stated in another forum he was upset that he was charged for shipping and called Sweetwater and spoke with management and was told - if his salesman would have given him the "free shipping", the salesman would have made that cost up in the product price quote - and Sweetwater refused to give him a refund on his shipping cost.

That is NOT "free shipping"

Sweetwater conceals the price of shipping in their price quotes and states that shipping is "free"

I contacted Sweetwater and spoke with both upper-management and the owner/president - and was basically told too bad.

Sweetwater makes a lot of money concealing the shipping costs in their price quotes - all the while telling the consumer that they are getting "free shipping"

Anyone deal with any honest, ethical, dealers that don't have to lie to you in order to try to convince you that they are "saving" you money?

Looking to purchase: Kawai MP11(SE), or Kawai VPC1(2), or Kawai Novus NV10, or something Yamaha...
Current: Yamaha Synthesizer
Previous: Kawai CP205, Kawai CP207, Yamaha Synthesizers
(ad) ROLAND

Click Here

#2691121 - 27 minutes ago Re: Any honest, ethical, dealers out there - NOT Sweetwater. [Re: Pologuy]  
MacMacMac Offline
5000 Post Club Member
MacMacMac  Offline
5000 Post Club Member

North Carolina
Why the rant?
Why are you surprised?

Nothing is free.
Nothing.
Nothing.
Nothing.
Not ever.

#2691122 - 19 minutes ago Re: Any honest, ethical, dealers out there - NOT Sweetwater. [Re: MacMacMac]  
Pologuy Online content
Pologuy  Online Content

Milwaukee, WI
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
Why the rant?
Why are you surprised?

Nothing is free.
Nothing.
Nothing.
Nothing.
Not ever.

Oh, I agree! smile

Why do some dealers (a minority - not all of them are "bad") think that they can just lie to you in order to try to convince you to purchase your merchandise from them instead of the competition?

All this does is force other retailers (if they want to stay in business) to "play the game" and lie also.

It sadly either forces the honest, ethical dealers to make a choice - either join the dishonest dealers and survive - or go out of business.

It's nice to find honest, ethical dealers out there to support - another reason to support your local dealers!

Looking to purchase: Kawai MP11(SE), or Kawai VPC1(2), or Kawai Novus NV10, or something Yamaha...
Current: Yamaha Synthesizer
Previous: Kawai CP205, Kawai CP207, Yamaha Synthesizers
#2691124 - 7 minutes ago Re: Any honest, ethical, dealers out there - NOT Sweetwater. [Re: Pologuy]  
TheodorN Online content
2000 Post Club Member
TheodorN  Online Content
2000 Post Club Member

Sweden
I agree with MacMacMac, sort of. Though I'd also like to know what kind of shipping policy the other big names have, like Kraft Music, or Musician's Friend, if we're talking about the United States.

It's obviously very misleading, when Sweetwater says they decide the offering price from how far they have to ship the instrument. Then the transport is hardly free. It would be more honest to have a fixed price, and free shipping costs for states within a certain range from their warehouse(s).

I'm pretty sure, that if other dealers offer free shipping, they just raise the final price, to cover potential shipping costs. That way, the customers living in the city where the dealer has a warehouse, pay the shipping costs for the customers living further away. As MacMacMac puts it, nothing is free. It's just a question of who pays the bill.

About outbound shipping, maybe that's more understandable. If both inbound and outbound shipping were free, more customers would just order a piano, see how they like it, and just send it back if they don't.

May I ask, are there no local dealers near you, or are they too expensive? I would prefer to order from some store close by, and not have to worry about shipping costs. Besides, it's better to get more personal service, when you can just drop in and discuss the matter with a salesman, if something goes wrong.

Last edited by TheodorN; 2 minutes ago.

My YouTube channel

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX. Production Grand 2 Gold, Estate Grand, Studio Grand LE. NI Giant. Galaxy II Blüthner Baby Grand. AcousticSamples C7. AK Studio Grand. Sampletekk Black.
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2691125 - 5 minutes ago Re: Any honest, ethical, dealers out there - NOT Sweetwater. [Re: Pologuy]  
newer player Online content
newer player  Online Content

I've seen that free shipping but return fees from a few online music retailers. It bothered too and I pulled gear from the "shopping cart."

Moderated by  Piano World 

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Experience with Redbird, Concertpianos, and “Maestro”?
by Duke of Dunning. 11/21/17 06:26 PM
Fujan tuning lever lost
by Toni Goldener. 11/21/17 03:16 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,876
Posts2,673,389
Members89,168
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission