2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
61 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, 12 invisible), 1,968 guests, and 338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I'm half way through.
01. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Consolation No. 3
Wonderful. A soothing piece.

03. MarieJ - The Crane Dance
Thank you for demonstrating such a beautiful piece. No wonder ppl like Einaudi.

06. blackjack1777 - "Fur Elise" Bagatelle No. 25 in A minor (WoO 59, Bia 515)
A slight different version, loved your play and thx for the background info. Even though I'm not to the level to play this piece myself yet, i thought i would maybe use pedal more..

10. SwissMS/Doris - Qing Ge (Love Song) heard the original version many times before, first time to hear this version. It kept the main melody in it, also added many western piano styles. Indeed a good mixture of oriental and west. It seems to be a pretty demanding piece, you did well.

11. Jerzyk19 - What A Wonderful World I'm typically not fan of jazz. But I found your performance enjoyable

12. Peyton Higgison - Music For Meadows again music is great , and love the video too. I'm curious about the video. Did you take it with a drone or helicopter or something?

13. Monica K. - La Nascita Delle Cose Segrete yeah, very catchy melody. I'd imagine this is a rare style from the Einaudi collection? Well played.

14. Riddler (Ed) - I Hear a Rhapsody love the sound of your piano/pianoteq:)

19. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Sonatina F Major (Op. 168, No. 1, I) looks like a challenging piece. You did well.

20. briangmoore - Monday Thank you for introducing another very interesting piece from Einaudi. I really enjoyed it. I too got to know his work through this forum. Now start to practice his pieces.

21. Keselo - Morning Prayer (Op. 101 No. 2) Very relaxing piece!

22. Roger Ransom - Ebb Tide wow, loved the rolling waves . So impressive!....hope one day (many years from now), I can give it a try too...

24. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - ballade no.1 opus 23 g minor felt like listening to a concert. great job! heard some familiar pieces in it.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

This was very nice! Good pace and touch throughout. An excellent job!

02. MeganR - Sonatina in C Major Op 36 No 1

The speed seemed quite fine to me. You have delved pretty deep into this piece and have mastered it quite well. A terrific effort.

I like the interplay of the bass arpeggios and the melody on top. I want to say it sounded like classic Einaudi but I should add that there always seems to be something in each Einaudi piece that distinguishes it from others. I liked this piece quite well and you did a great job with it.

04. Ralph L. - Auld Lang Syne (piano+keyboard)

I am a purist, I’m afraid, and much prefer basic piano but if you enjoy playing it with the accompaniment, it’s all good! It does sound like you enjoyed putting it all together. Good job.

05. Whizbang (Chris) - Gladiolus Rag

I’m always impressed with people who have tackled a Joplin rag. You had excellent command of this one and I enjoyed just listening to the entire piece. Your play is delightful and charming. Great! A+ !

A great job on a classic Beethoven piece. It is quite evident that you have worked hard on this piece and that will help provide solid foundation for further progress with the piano. Super!

07. earlofmar - Invention No 3

Congratulations on tackling so many of the Inventions. Very challenging! You did a great job with this one.

08. wouter79 - Album for the Young (after Schumann), "Italian song" Op. 39, No. 15

As I listened I was wondering how long you have worked on this piece. You were able to maintain a steady pace and your fingers were quick… Good job bringing out the melody.

09. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Etude Op. 45 No. 15, "Warrior's Song"

Very dramatic! I think I have heard it before and I really like the piece. You did a great job with it, playing with authority and accuracy. Fine effort.

10. SwissMS/Doris - Qing Ge (Love Song)

I was pulled in right away by this piece and your playing. What a nice composition by Chu - with an unmistakable oriental flavor. Very beautiful and elegant. Super job and wonderful introduction to a new composer!

Kawai KG-5. Korg SP-250. Software pianos: Garritan CFX, Ivory II, Ivory Am D, Ravenscroft, Galaxy Vintage D, Alicia's Keys, et al.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Alexander Borro

49 UnderConstruction Debussy - Arabesque 1

Great stuff, considering the circumstances and all to squeeze this one in for us to hear in minutes. Congrats on your new instrument, the Feurich sounds great, good choice.

Thank you Alexander! Its the first time recording the Feurich, and I was surprised at how well it recorded and the complex overtones were picked up (with the volume turned up!). smile

Still deciding whether I am playing for fun or playing to improve... leaning towards fun :-)
2017 Feurich 218
Originally Posted by Monica K.

49. UnderConstruction - Debussy - Arabesque 1: I love the flowing, gentle nature of this piece. Very impressive performance! Glad you got it submitted in time for the recital. thumb And your piano sounds great.

Thank you for the encouraging comments Monica, and for organising these recitals! Have to admit, I was rather skeptical of these Chinese made Feurichs, but I am very pleased with how it sounds in the room!

Still deciding whether I am playing for fun or playing to improve... leaning towards fun :-)
2017 Feurich 218
Originally Posted by Lotus in Blue

49. Under Construction - Debussy - Arabesque I - Last minute or not, this is so lovely. I love those quiet pianissmi that you played. Intimate and dreamy. I am a huge Debussy fan and you did not disappoint.

Thanks Lotus. Really glad you liked it. Funny you mentioned about the pianissimo, my thoughts when I relistened to the recording was that I really couldn't hear much difference in volume throughout the piece (maybe my playing, but I blame it on the compression of the recording). Glad that came through to you though. smile

2017 Feurich 218
35. mel_lem/Melanie - Invention No. 8 in F Major, BWV 779: You play this with such joy that I imagine you smiling broadly at the piano as you recorded it. Even more, you make it sound like Bach is *easy*, and I know darn well that it’s not! laugh

Thank you, Monica. I struggled for 2 weeks before I can play it smoothly at a moderate tempo. I got tempted thinking it could be easy to learn too when I first listened to it, and the score looked easy enough. I WAS SO WRONG!! I am happy I can finally play it without stumbling much, now I have to work on improving it and continue to torture myself by learning another invention. laugh

40 Pieces Challenge 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022
Kawai CA-59 & Kawai ND-21

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by h8dk97
Thank you :-) I never heard Dinnerstein before, just had a listen now and must say it's not my cup of tea, matter of taste of course. A. Schiff is my favourite for Bach inventions.

Dinnerstein is a bit extreme, and many dislike her style, but I think she made Bach more approachable to people who wouldn't get close to him. Personally, I need to hear a melody line and follow it, even if it's divided between the hands. Bach was actually a great melodist. Then once a piece is learned you can tone it down a bit, go back to a more metronomic approach. I find it easier that way.

By the way, my edition (Busoni) has E and F natural for the long LH trill.

What a great recital! Really enjoyed everyone's pieces, but my apologies that I won't be able to comment on every one of them due to my schedule. But here are some initial thoughts.

Brings back memories Shepherd! smile So glad you chose this piece. Even though I had just played it to death myself (no pun intended), I still love the serenity of this piece. Liszt was truly a genius and so is the performer and love the new piano.

Really like the way you played it overall, my initial few weeks with the piece had much more rubato in it, until my teacher asked me to take it out. Personally, I still like the rubatos and the way you did them was great to my ears! Only because I studied this piece just recently, I can give you some detailed comments, most are interpretive and probably a matter of personal taste, so take them with a grain of salt.
- The first three low D-flats in the beginning of the piece, when I was learning this, I found what worked well for me interpretative was that the third one was softer than the first two.
- First few notes of the right hand (Bb - C - Db - F) - small cresendo would add to the flow
- Bar 16 - ascending "scale" with the messo-staccatos, try to change the pedal just before each of the new notes starting from the G. Its a lot of pedal work, but it gives the resonance as well as preventing the notes from "mushing" into each other. For me, a similar thing on Bar 45 also works.

If I had a dollar for every time I slipped up on those quasi-cadenzas with all those double notes!! Anyway, really glad to hear your interpretation of this, enjoyed it thoroughly.

Nicely done Megan! Enjoyed it, heard the first movement many times before, but not the others! Thanks for sharing. smile
A small suggesetion, at about 1:05, where you had a few (I think 8) repeated notes, and everywhere else where they also happen, it always helps to add some variety by adding some cresendo on those repeated notes.

I can certainly tell that you enjoyed the later movements!

Great performance, your rag time performances never disappoint. Having listened to lots of pianos recently, I really like the brilliance of the treble of your piano, works nicely with Joplin!

Bach messes with my brain! I end up just relying completely on muscle memory (which I know is so bad). Nicely done though. smile

Have known this piece since I was a child, very interesting to hear it reinvented! Thank you for sharing your rendition of it!

12. Peyton Higgison - Music For Meadows
Don't know if its the light at the time of the day, almost looks like Australia with the red soil. Always enjoy your music Peyton. Thanks!

13. Monica K. - La Nascita Delle Cose Segrete
Thank you for sharing a very soothing piece of music, sounded like the Tofu and Bok-choy had a calming effect. smile

18. Lotus in Blue (Laura) - Sonatina in G: I. Moderato
Welcome back to the piano Laura. Being a returning adult myself, I also remember what got me to realise I really enjoyed playing the piano was picking up a simple piece and figuring out that I could learn it relatively well in about 30 minutes, and it actually sounded somewhat like music. Coincidentally, I also had a CLP 535, it was good to get some finger strength back. I enjoyed your piece, nicely played.

20. briangmoore - Monday
Yep, definitely sounds like Mondays to me!

22. Roger Ransom - Ebb Tide
Great job on this piece and the waves. Whatever you are, really glad you submitted this, thoroughly enjoyed it. Playing from a lead sheet would be a very long term goal for me, I'll get to it one day! I imagine it must be incredibly liberating to be able to do this.

23. sinophilia - River City Blues
Really enjoyed this piece! I couldn't detect any struggle with the jumps at all. Very smooth, like chocolate.

24. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - ballade no.1 opus 23 g minor
Wow Paul! Amazing stuff, I hope one day my teacher will let me play this, but I suspect it might be a while away. Ik kijk er naar uit om het eindproduct te beluisteren.

2017 Feurich 218
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks to everyone who played in this recital... and several "review comments . 1rst section-

01. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Consolation No. 3 Excellent, and a challenging piece beautifully played. Rhetorical and shallow question but I would think that it would take quite a time to learn. I really didn’t hear any note mistakes and if there were with timing - they were perceived as rubato.

02. MeganR - Sonatina in C Major Op 36 No 1 Exact playing and timing , you are really gaining a high skill level . The playing was even and exact.

03. MarieJ - The Crane Dance This is really a moving and evoked a strong sense of sadness (in me ) in spite of the context in which it was written…, maybe the reverb added to the effect . Could it be the composer’s intent? - you played it very well, a listening experience. I have an academic interest in how music effects emotion, especially when it is strong-ly felt.

04. Ralph L. - Auld Lang Syne (piano+keyboard) Way cool good playing e.g. a whole band sound and this was creative .…. Did you port the midi through the keyboard? That would make it easier to just play the keyboard with the ported midi playing while you play it on the keyboard .. .

05. Whizbang (Chris) - Gladiolus Rag Impressive playing … wow! You know it seems to me that this would work well with some kind of chorused improv jazz piano in a speak easy playing at the same time .

06. blackjack1777 - "Fur Elise" Bagatelle No. 25 in A minor (WoO 59, Bia 515) Don’t know why this is , really, THE classic… (maybe cuz every instrument has this as a lesson somewhere along the course.) good playing.

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
06. blackjack1777 - "Fur Elise" Bagatelle No. 25 in A minor (WoO 59, Bia 515) ‘Fur Elise’ performances often sound stilted (possibly because this is a favourite that so many want to learn early) but not your rendition. I appreciated the feeling you put into this; you obviously loved the piece and it shows.

07. earlofmar - Invention No 3 Your hard work and persistence paid off! I’m not qualified to offer technical feedback on anything classical, but I *can* offer my congratulations!

08. wouter79 - Album for the Young (after Schumann), "Italian song" Op. 39, No. 15 Lovely! I found myself wishing for more - thank you!

09. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Etude Op. 45 No. 15, "Warrior's Song" The Galaxy D seemed just made for those fabulous big chords. Terrific!

10. SwissMS/Doris - Qing Ge (Love Song) That was such a gentle piece - and yet it showed off the range of your magnificent Bosendorfer so well. Beautifully played.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
I'm on a business trip, so I won't have a lot of time to listen and comment till the weekend, but I can't stay away for long. I just enjoy these recitals so much!

01. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Consolation No. 3 Oh my, just beautiful! So expressive and finely emotional.

03. MarieJ - The Crane Dance This piece is so evocative, it brings me to the wetlands to watch the birds come together. Lovely playing.

04. Ralph L. - Auld Lang Syne (piano+keyboard) This is great, really enjoyed! Your experiment was a complete success.

05. Whizbang (Chris) - Gladiolus Rag This was super duper, I am becoming a Joplin fan mostly because of these recitals. I loved the tempo and your deft touch in playing this piece.

06. blackjack1777 - "Fur Elise" Bagatelle No. 25 in A minor (WoO 59, Bia 515) Great job with this classic piece, really enjoyed the heart you put into it, wonderful dynamics.

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
Originally Posted by SMA55
Very nice playing, Megan! I really enjoyed your performance of this sonatina. By the way, I visited your homepage—I had no idea you were such a wonderful photographer. Beautiful pictures! What an eye you have!

Thank you for visiting my pics! I am fortunate to live in a beautiful place that inspires me always. smile

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]
S
S
08. wouter79 - Album for the Young (after Schumann), "Italian song" Op. 39, No. 15
You played that very nicely! I quite enjoyed it. And your piano sounds lovely!

I wasn’t previously familiar with this piece, but I very much enjoyed it. And you played it expertly. Well done!

Ah, I see you bit the bullet and removed the plastic film from the music desk of your beautiful Bosie since the last recital. 😊 Regarding your current performance, you play the piece very nicely, Doris. The piece is indeed a fusion of Western and Chinese styles. And I very much liked its sense of resolution at the end.

11. Jerzyk19 - What A Wonderful World
Oh, my! What a wonderful arrangement! And you played it so beautifully and evenly. Really great job.

12. Peyton Higgison - Music For Meadows
I very much liked this composition and your performance of it, Peyton. And I really liked your production of the video, especially at that point where you superimpose the video of your playing of the piano over the drone video footage of the bales of hay in the field. I must say that seeing all of those bales of hay like that, from above in the vastness of the field, accompanied by your melancholic composition, filled me with a sense of loneliness. I wonder what you yourself feel when you view and listen to this. Outstanding work, Peyton!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

31. AZ_Astro - Pastorale from the Petit Trianon Suite This is a very sweet piece and you played it well! I like how you subdued the right hand chords to let the left hand sing.

32. Sam S - Prelude and Fugue in c minor from book 1 of the WTC Your restored harpsichord is beautiful. This P&F sounds perfect on this instrument. I can imagine that playing the piece on a harpsichord is far more challenging, but you did a beautiful job. Your playing just gets better and better!

33. Alexander Borro - In Church Op. 39 No. 24 You gave this piece a nice, reverent feeling. Good job voicing the chords!

34. JoBert - Bagatelle (Opus 119, No. 1) I love this Bagatelle! I learned it last year. I really like your gentle approach to it, with a light touch and lovely phrasing. Very well played!

35. mel_lem/Melanie - Invention No. 8 in F Major, BWV 779 Beautifully played! I love your balance of the voices. This is one of my favorite inventions as well. You play it at a snappy tempo with very good articulation.

36. Moo smile - Songs without words op 30 no 1 Lovely balance between the hands with a well projected melody over the busy accompaniment. I like the gentle rubato you give the piece, while allowing the piece to always be moving forward.

37. SandTiger - Avenue D This is a very nice composition with a haunting melody. You play it with very nice expression.

38. PikaPianist - Melody in Ab Major This is a gorgeous piece and you play it beautifully. I love how the melody floats seamlessly between the hands, with the accompaniment remaining in the background. This is indeed a gem!

39. lvojnovic - Prelude 1913 You have captured the impressionism in this piece very well, with good rubato, allowing the etherial feel to come through. Well played.

40. Michiyo-Fir (Jade) - 12 Variations on Ah! Vous dirai-je Maman K.265 Beautiful articulation! Your runs and Alberti Bass were crisp and even. This kind of piece is so transparent, but your playing sounded pretty much error free. Really nice job.

S
S
Originally Posted by MarieJ

01. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Consolation No. 3 (I *always* attempt to record a piece without errors, but I usually find that the more I try, the more errors I make - invariably in a different place.) Shepherd, that was just lovely - such sensitive playing on your magnificent Steingraeber.

Thank you, Marie. I think part of what makes mistakes on recordings seem so much more serious—unlike in live performances—is that the errors are there for all to listen to in perpetuity. That is a daunting thought, eh? So I’ve just had to accept that I’m an imperfect pianist and always will be. That seemed to make recording sessions a bit easier—and certainly shorter—once I accepted that.

Originally Posted by Keselo

I’d never heard this piece before, but I think it’s gorgeous the way you played it. I like how the right hand sings so clearly. Absolutely stellar performance, bravo!

Thank you so much!

Originally Posted by SwissMS

01. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Consolation No. 3 I adore this piece, and have learned it several times in the past. I love your gentle rendition of it. Your melody is well projected, and I like the continuous flow with subtle rubato. Wonderful job! You have inspired me to try to work it back into my repertoire!

Thank you, Doris. if you do revisit this piece, I hope you’ll decide to record and submit it for one of our recitals. I’d love to hear this performed on your Bosie 214VC.

As an aside, when I went shopping for my Steingraeber, the dealer I purchased it from was also a Bosendorfer dealer, and he had my piano and the 214VC in the showroom right next to each other. I spent a lot of time playing both, but I wound up choosing the Steingraeber for its darker tone. However, let me tell you, it was not an easy decision; the 214VC is an incredibly fine piano, and you are so lucky to own it!

01. SMA55 – Consolation No. 3: When I think of Liszt, I tend to think of fast and furious, but this piece is sooooo dreamy and beautiful. You do a great job of keeping the tempo unhurried and drawing the melody out with emotion. And your piano sounds awesome!

Thanks, Monica! I know exactly what you mean, regarding typical Liszt pieces. I myself think some of his busier pieces are indulgent and flamboyant, and I find them to be off-putting. But I’ve since discovered that there are other more lyrical pieces that he composed, too. And it is within the realm of these more lyrical pieces that I’ve come to appreciate him for the genius he was.

Originally Posted by Alexander Borro
b]01 SMA55[/b] Consolation No. 3
A wonderful start, really enjoyed this, something I'd love to learn in future, What a wonderful tone out of the Steingraeber, great recording/sound, a wonderful instrument and playing.

Thank you so much, Alexander.

Originally Posted by peterws
1 SMA55 Shepherd Abrams
Lovely rendition of a lovely tune. I picture a warm fire amongst close family in a long bygone age where some common sense still existed . . .smoking rooms prevailed and you could be deliciously self opinionated . . .every day!

Ah, you sound like a nostalgic, Peter. We apparently share that. And yes, whatever DID become of the common sense to which you refer? Thank you for listening and sharing your thoughts.

Originally Posted by Riddler
Beautiful performance, of a beautiful piece, on a beautiful piano! The left-hand work was very impressive - I wish I had that kind of control! Well done.

Thank you for your kind words, Ed. It’s interesting that you mention control, because that’s something of which I often find myself being envious, when I watch other pianists perform.

Originally Posted by Ralph L.

Wonderful. A soothing piece.

Glad you liked it, Ralph!

Originally Posted by AZ_Astro
This was very nice! Good pace and touch throughout. An excellent job!

Thank you for listening and for your kind comments.

Originally Posted by UnderConstruction

Brings back memories Shepherd! smile So glad you chose this piece. Even though I had just played it to death myself (no pun intended), I still love the serenity of this piece. Liszt was truly a genius and so is the performer and love the new piano.

Really like the way you played it overall, my initial few weeks with the piece had much more rubato in it, until my teacher asked me to take it out. Personally, I still like the rubatos and the way you did them was great to my ears! Only because I studied this piece just recently, I can give you some detailed comments, most are interpretive and probably a matter of personal taste, so take them with a grain of salt.
- The first three low D-flats in the beginning of the piece, when I was learning this, I found what worked well for me interpretative was that the third one was softer than the first two.
- First few notes of the right hand (Bb - C - Db - F) - small cresendo would add to the flow
- Bar 16 - ascending "scale" with the messo-staccatos, try to change the pedal just before each of the new notes starting from the G. Its a lot of pedal work, but it gives the resonance as well as preventing the notes from "mushing" into each other. For me, a similar thing on Bar 45 also works.

If I had a dollar for every time I slipped up on those quasi-cadenzas with all those double notes!! Anyway, really glad to hear your interpretation of this, enjoyed it thoroughly.

Yes, I remember your submission of this piece for the last recital, and I remember my telling you that I was in the process of learning it, too. Thank you for listening and for taking the time out to critique it. The fact is that I agree with all of your suggestions. And regarding your last one—concerning pedaling during those ascending notes in measures 16 and 45—I’ve gone back and forth on this, in terms of what I think sounds good. But I still haven’t arrived at what I think sounds ideal. So this piece still needs some work. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by piano_primo_1

01. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Consolation No. 3 Excellent, and a challenging piece beautifully played. Rhetorical and shallow question but I would think that it would take quite a time to learn. I really didn’t hear any note mistakes and if there were with timing - they were perceived as rubato.

Thank you for listening and for your kind comments. Yes, this piece is challenging to get just right, and I’m still working on it. The biggest obstacles in learning it are the polyrhythms between the left and right hands. These change from one point to the next in the piece, and if you’re playing this piece from memory, you just have to remember how the left and right hands interplay with these.

Originally Posted by MeganR

01. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Consolation No. 3 Oh my, just beautiful! So expressive and finely emotional.

Thank you, Megan! Glad you liked it.

What a fine recital with a wide range of styles, levels and composers! I really enjoyed listening to each piece, but I am only capable to comment on some of them. Here goes:

01. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Consolation No. 3 I really admire your constant light touch on the left hand that gives the whole piece a dreamy tone. And your piano sounds so great! This is truly a treat to my soul, thank you!

02. MeganR - Sonatina in C Major Op 36 No 1 You picked a very relaxed pace for all the movements, and you kept to the same pace throughout, with nicely controlled dynamics. I enjoyed listening to this. Good job!

04. Ralph L. - Auld Lang Syne (piano+keyboard) What a fun idea to present your piece with drums and strings! Very different. Very refreshing. smile

05. Whizbang (Chris) - Gladiolus Rag This is the first time I heard this rag. Very nice playing, the syncopations are expertly articulated, with clean octaves run. This tempo allows me to catch all the little details of Joplin's creativity. I like this a lot!

06. blackjack1777 - "Fur Elise" Bagatelle No. 25 in A minor (WoO 59, Bia 515) I like the stormy section a lot, very dramatic and emotional. Nice job!

07. earlofmar - Invention No 3 I have never heard this invention before. I can imagine how difficult it is, especially when thrills are involved. I am avoiding thrills for as long as it can be. LOL. Thank you for introducing this piece to me. You played it very well, both voices are clean and nicely balanced.

08. wouter79 - Album for the Young (after Schumann), "Italian song" Op. 39, No. 15 I want to dance to your piece. Nice job on keeping a constant left hand bom-cha-cha pattern. Bravo!

09. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Etude Op. 45 No. 15, "Warrior's Song" Perfect execution on all the big chords and octaves! Big contrast on the dynamics in different section, and it adds to the dramatic effects of the composition. Very well played!

10. SwissMS/Doris - Qing Ge (Love Song) I am very familiar with this song. To hear it with such different reharmonization, it is very 'ears' opening because the original is very "bright" and straightforward, while this arrangement gives it a lot more complexity, in terms of musicality and in regards to love stories.

13. Monica K. - La Nascita Delle Cose Segrete I am not familiar with Einaudi's works, yet. Thank you for submitting this, and introducing this to us. This is a very catchy piece, but it still retain that very trance-like quality of Einaudi's compositions. This might be the first ever Einaudi piece that I will learn. smile

15. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Danny Boy / Londonderry Air Your intro is simple and it moves smoothly into the piece. Your playing is very soulful and expressive with nice rubato throughout, though you chose to play it with simple harmony. This actually remind me of Bill Evan's version, which is my favorite arrangement of Danny Boy.

Second batch to come.

40 Pieces Challenge 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022
Kawai CA-59 & Kawai ND-21
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

41. peterws - Novelette 1 in C It sounds like you have had quite a journey with this piece, but the result is delightful. It is quite an interesting piece, full of positive energy. Wonderful playing as always!

42. Schin L - Nocturne op.9 no.2 I do love this piece! It is interesting that it brought you back to piano. It sounds like you have a great start on it, and have captured the essence of it. I like the way you phrased the runs.

43. joangolfing - March BVW Anhang 122 Nice Bach! I like your balance between the voices and solid rhythm.

44. Richard (zrtf90) - Asturias (Leyenda) I love the energy that you give this piece. It does sound quite Andalusian. The Moorish and the Flamenco influences are clear. I love your crisp clear articulation in the fast sections. Beautiful playing and balance.

45. Kalos Piano - The Clear Stream You have very nice steady rhythm and lots of energy in this piece. I can see the stream rippling along!

46. Fouyaut - Fugue op. 35 no.2 This is a side of Mendelssohn that is new to me. This is a lovely fugue, and you played it very well. I can tell it is special to you!

47. Ralphiano (Ralph) - La Poupee (The Doll) It sounds like you have made a good recovery from your injuries. You played this very well. I like the energy that you gave the piece.

48. Piano_Primo - Chopin Nocturne Op. 9 No. 1 in B flat minor.Shortened Version, 2. Bach Choral BWV 514 I adore this challenging nocturne. You have great expression in your playing, and have a really great start on it. The Bach was an interesting contrast, especially with the strings. I like the pensive feel that you created in it.

49. UnderConstruction - Debussy - Arabesque 1 I love this piece. It is my favorite Debussy. You have captured the ethereal nature of the piece very well. I like how your pace the piece, giving it a gentle, relaxing feel.

S
S
Thanks Pianist685. Yes, I know it is a big risk to play this song.. but it is the only one I have ready. I myself have listened and (unwisely) compared to so many professional recordings. I learned a lot though, and next time will develop better repertoire. Thanks for your feedback!!!

Monika K, thank you!! Yes, I am learning so much from joining this community and the recital. Without it I would never have thought to record myself, and I would lose so many valuable lessons.

SwissMS, thanks very much! Those runs were HARD! Haha!

---

Oh, so beautifully played.. I love how much emotion is in it.. I could listen to this all day! And only two takes! Wow!!!

You play beautifully, and I can definitely feel the cheerfulness in this piece. Thanks for sharing!

I don't know much of Einaudi's work, but this is really pretty! You definitely have conveyed the gentle emotions on this piece.

04. Ralph L. - Auld Lang Syne (piano+keyboard)
Wow, you have a whole production going! I love it, so relaxing and beautiful. I like the little solo break in the ending smile

I'm so used to hearing loud and fast as a train ragtime tempos.. yours was a pleasant surprise! Ragtime is so difficult for me and I always enjoy them played well. Great job!

A beautiful rendition of Fur Elise! Thanks for the backstory too, it was fascinating to read.

Bach is very difficult for me, but you played very well. I'm sorry your exam didn't go as well, but at the end of the day the song is yours to keep forever.

A happy cheerful piece! How interesting that Tchaikovsky wrote this in the middle of a pretty bad year for him. Maybe he wasn't too upset about it, seeing how happy this piece was.

This is certainly an angry song. Sounds really good to get tension out! You played it very well, maybe next time if a cat knocks over a vase or something you can make another recording.

What a lovely song, I really enjoy it! I didn't know there was Asian/Western fusion piano sheet music out there. Now I have to try some.

P
P
01. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Consolation No. 3 Sounds lovely, especially on that Steingraeber! Hard to hear mistakes unless you know what to look for, so don't be worried about little slips! Good emotional playing.

02. MeganR - Sonatina in C Major Op 36 No 1 Happy and cheerful! I love this piece. You will get the tempo closer to where you want it with further practice, it sounded nice and clean on the recording as you played it. Good job.

03. MarieJ - The Crane Dance Beautiful description, I can see it in my head as you play. Graceful like a crane. Lovely.

04. Ralph L. - Auld Lang Syne (piano+keyboard) Well done on your own arrangement, very creative. A nice rendition of a classic.

05. Whizbang (Chris) - Gladiolus Rag I love Scott Joplin! It's always a lot of fun and from the way you play I can tell you're enjoying it. Very clean. Good job.

06. blackjack1777 - "Fur Elise" Bagatelle No. 25 in A minor (WoO 59, Bia 515) It's so hard to play a well known piece like this one well, but you did a good job. You have a good understanding of the piece. I liked it.

07. earlofmar - Invention No 3 Well done on some lovely Bach! Good luck with your exam, you played this one nicely.

08. wouter79 - Album for the Young (after Schumann), "Italian song" Op. 39, No. 15 Great little piece! I haven't heard this before, I really loved hearing it. Good playing.

09. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Etude Op. 45 No. 15, "Warrior's Song" Sounds like a warrior! Good job conveying that aggressive warlike sound! Well done.

10. SwissMS/Doris - Qing Ge (Love Song) Never heard this before, sounds lovely. Thanks for the background info, and your nice playing.

11. Jerzyk19 - What A Wonderful World Nicely done! Sounds jazzy to me. I like the emotion in your playing.

12. Peyton Higgison - Music For Meadows What a nice picture this paints. Good composition, keep it up.

I'll give some more comments later, got to go now. Good job everyone.

H
H

30. h8dk97 - Invention# 4: Trills kick my butt every time. Fortunately Einaudi doesn’t use much of them. laugh You do an admirable job on yours, especially the ones that last a measure or more. Nicely played!

Thank you Monica. Now that I changed the fingering for the final RH ornament to 2&3 it sounds much better I think, wish I did it before the submission. I haven't tried any Einaudi but I'm sure it presents plenty of its own challenges.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission