Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
New in our online store...
Tea Light
Tea Light with Frosted Music Staff Candle Holder

-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
57 registered members (bennevis, Beemer, BachToTheFuture, augustm, 17 invisible), 941 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: hyena] #2684984
10/25/17 06:30 PM
10/25/17 06:30 PM
World Traveler
J
JazzyMac Offline
JazzyMac  Offline
J
World Traveler
I barely practice to be quite honest. My piano at home sometimes just sits there leering at me letting me know I'm "less than". I have zero idea how you all can do multiple days of practice, much less multiple days of HOURS of practice. No matter what I do, I do not improve, so I do not practice, so I do not improve. My faulty logic has me thinking that I'm sure my teacher will fire me soon.

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: JazzyMac] #2684986
10/25/17 06:42 PM
10/25/17 06:42 PM
W
Whizbang Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Whizbang  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by JazzyMac
I barely practice to be quite honest. My piano at home sometimes just sits there leering at me letting me know I'm "less than". I have zero idea how you all can do multiple days of practice, much less multiple days of HOURS of practice. No matter what I do, I do not improve, so I do not practice, so I do not improve. My faulty logic has me thinking that I'm sure my teacher will fire me soon.

Pianos are excellent at silently judging you from the corner.

Not practicing at all is of course a route to no improvement, but you don't need hours of practice or an hour of practice or even a half hour of practice to improve. Even just a little each day will eventually get you somewhere.

Whizbang [Linked Image]
amateur ragtime pianist
https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeschala
Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: hyena] #2684987
10/25/17 06:51 PM
10/25/17 06:51 PM
M
Moo :) Offline
Moo :)  Offline
M
I suppose my practise is not structured. I just play the 2 pieces I'm learning and randomly play others from books. I don't practice long periods of time and gave up scales and exercises long ago.

I would also suggest that my practice is dependent on mood. If I really get into a piece I can play for a long time, like 45 mins - 1 hour, but I tend to play 30 minutes. Sometimes I'm not in the mood and I don't play.

So there is no rule mate. I got better as been playing for a long time now. I tend to have to play pieces quite a long time probably cuz I don't practice as much as others but that is ok. Also if I am not in mood I often have gone without practice for 1 week. My teacher noticed (and I have) but I tend to miss it and go back to it.

If you are not pracitising it may be cuz you are not enjoying it or your mindset is wrong. I think mindset is most important in piano or learning.

Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: hyena] #2684996
10/25/17 07:38 PM
10/25/17 07:38 PM
H
huaidongxi Offline
500 Post Club Member
huaidongxi  Offline
500 Post Club Member
H
if some practitioners here have problems finding time for their pianos, two suggestions -- self impose a moratorium on watching the boob tube, and strict rationing of time spent recreationally on computers. safe and happy journeys to all.

(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: JazzyMac] #2685055
10/26/17 02:43 AM
10/26/17 02:43 AM
Canada
E
Elysia.S Offline
Elysia.S  Offline
E
Canada
Originally Posted by JazzyMac

I keep my piano lid closed so that it can't look at me like that.
A friend and I are both working on our GR.9, we have a competition of who can practice the most in a month, the loser at the end of the month buys coffee, this competition gets surprisingly intense. The competition helps with the drive to practice but aside from that, I have some pretty solid goals in place for myself and I LOVE the pieces I have chosen. If you are a goal type of person, have a big goal written on a piece of paper and post it above your piano. You can also practice with small goals that can be accomplished within that practice, for example "I will play the first line until I don't stumble on finger numbers" or "i will practice the crescendo until I am happy with it". Practice can be as exhilarating as a good workout when you have had fun and feel like you have moved forward, 10 minutes will turn into 60
If you are not improving in your practice, this is good reason for not wanting to practice. How do you learn best? structure your practice in a way that helps you improve, do not let yourself have an "empty" practice. If you are the type of person who gets overwhelmed, break your pieces down into smaller sections of practice and don't let yourself move past that section until it has improved. Point out to yourself what needs to improve, tempo, finger numbers, dynamic, etc. Don't practice with repetition in hopes that you get it right the next time, practice in repetition with focus on what needs to be improved

Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: huaidongxi] #2685057
10/26/17 02:49 AM
10/26/17 02:49 AM
Canada
keystring Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
keystring  Offline
Canada
Originally Posted by huaidongxi
if some practitioners here have problems finding time for their pianos, two suggestions -- self impose a moratorium on watching the boob tube, and strict rationing of time spent recreationally on computers. safe and happy journeys to all.

I didn't see anyone stating that they had either of these habits impeding them. Some, however, have small children, or other commitments. I freelance and had three extremely long, heavy days going into nights, and could only grab a few minutes of practice those days. We must also ensure a balanced life. If someone has a family, they cannot totally neglect spouse and children. They need exercise, fresh air, sufficient sleep. And these can end up getting neglected when pursuing music and is not healthy. I'm sorry, but your statement sounded somewhat dismissive.

Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: hyena] #2685095
10/26/17 09:07 AM
10/26/17 09:07 AM
World Traveler
J
JazzyMac Offline
JazzyMac  Offline
J
World Traveler
**Gently sets the can of kerosene back down**

Thanks team...I'll start again with baby steps and shorter measures. Of course my teacher has repeated this, but I have to know it all--NOW.

On good days I can get an average of 30 minutes two or three times a week.

Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: JazzyMac] #2685096
10/26/17 09:19 AM
10/26/17 09:19 AM
Twin cities MN US
pianosuzemn Offline
Silver Subscriber
pianosuzemn  Offline
Silver Subscriber
Twin cities MN US
I started piano lessons, telling my teacher that I planned to practice for 20-30 minutes several days a week. I find that setting a lower expectation for myself allows me to achieve it, and when I surpass it, I feel amazing. Currently I do SOMETHING almost every day, even if it's only for 5 minutes. Many days I practice about 30-45 minutes, and sometimes I do abut an hour. Sometimes I do just a tiny bit before work on a keyboard with headphones so I don't wake up the household, and another tiny bit before bed on the "real" piano. If you're me, then actually lowering your expectations will help!

Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: hyena] #2685115
10/26/17 10:42 AM
10/26/17 10:42 AM
Cambridge, MA, USA
A
Amedeus Offline
Amedeus  Offline
A
Cambridge, MA, USA
I try to do about 1 hour every day but sometime is hard because I had a long day at work. During the weekend I can go for 2-3 hours. I wish I could do more during the week though!

Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: hyena] #2685125
10/26/17 11:25 AM
10/26/17 11:25 AM
Canada
keystring Offline
keystring  Offline
Canada
In regards to time: I've made some radical changes over the years, and again recently. The first time I ever took lessons, I was told it was ideal to practice 3 hours a day, and I tried to do that, hovering between 1 - 3 hours. Notions of "effective practice" were unknown to me. This does have to factor in, because with effective practice, the amount of time actually needed (over days or weeks) to reach something is greatly reduced.

There is a principle that really focused practice can only be sustained for 15 minutes (or less) or so before the mind's wires start short circuiting and while you think you're still practising, you've largely checked out. I don't stop after 10 - 15 minutes, however - I simply change what I'm focusing on.

The new thing which works for some kinds of learning involves really short sessions. I'm weak on chords if they're not the predictable diatonic ones, and am working on a Debussy prelude as a stretch piece. Here I may play a chord or two chords, get the sense of it, walk to the kitchen, walk back, and see if I still have it, as one strategy. It's a 30 second activity, and if repeated throughout the day, works wonders. When my work load gets totally crazy, I may have "no time to practice" - doing just this in breaks, can move this part ahead, yet it's 5 minutes in a day.

How much time I spend in a day varies wildly but often comes to hours. We can also "practice" when not at piano, by working things out, listening to interpretations, beating out rhythms during a walk.
Originally Posted by pianosuzemn
Currently I do SOMETHING almost every day, even if it's only for 5 minutes.

I think this is important. I know that if I've gotten into a rut and not practised for a few days, the very fact of having done so can make you beat yourself up, feel like a failure or that you have "lost ground", which can lead to more not practising in a nasty circle. Those 5 minutes make a world of difference.

Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: keystring] #2685132
10/26/17 11:41 AM
10/26/17 11:41 AM
South Wales
C
Colin Miles Online content
Colin Miles  Online Content
C
South Wales
Originally Posted by keystring
There is a principle that really focused practice can only be sustained for 15 minutes (or less) or so before the mind's wires start short circuiting and while you think you're still practising, you've largely checked out.

Yes - I find that for best results really concentrated practice can be anything from 5 to 25 mins. So my overall daily practice consists of lots of 'small' time periods. A lot depends on the difficulty and length of the particular piece or part of piece that demands attention.

Roland LX7

South Wales, UK
Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: hyena] #2685214
10/26/17 06:03 PM
10/26/17 06:03 PM
N
nancyde Offline
Silver Subscriber
nancyde  Offline
Silver Subscriber
N
I am retired so I have more time to indulge my hobbies than many. I usually practice about 1 1/2 hours each day--I really get physically/mentally exhausted after about that much time. I am always pretty motivated because my teacher is fabulous and really extends herself to provide extra help. I know how lucky I am and want to learn as much as I can from her.

Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: hyena] #2685272
10/27/17 02:11 AM
10/27/17 02:11 AM
Italy
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
sinophilia  Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

Italy
My average daily practice time in the last 3 years has been exactly 75 minutes a day - I know because I log it. My goal is to reach 90 minutes per day, but I keep failing - just a few days off here and there and the average plummets.

By the way, I just passed the 2,000 hours mark, after about 5 years and a half. Not much, but enough to make me feel that I'm not a beginner anymore.

Diana & Wally - Yamaha W110BW
To create a beautiful sound, one must imagine it at first and then learn to produce fluid physical motions that breathe life into music. (Shirley Kirsten)
http://soundcloud.com/sinophilia - http://youtube.com/sinophilia
Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: hyena] #2685302
10/27/17 06:33 AM
10/27/17 06:33 AM
CA, USA
E
Epee Offline
Epee  Offline
E
CA, USA
Two hours per day, and three to four hours on weekends. My day starts at 3 AM. I can tell I'm making improvement, hence the inner drive to do more. I tried 3 hours during the week, but I'm just to physically tired by the end of the day. I look forward to retirement, so I can spend more time playing. I just pray that my health allows me to play to a very old age, because I can't think of anything else I would rather be doing. On a side note, my teacher is wonderful and very encouraging in her methods. God bless those piano teachers who inspire us to do better.

Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: hyena] #2685354
10/27/17 11:03 AM
10/27/17 11:03 AM
Union SC
monkeeys Offline
500 Post Club Member
monkeeys  Offline
500 Post Club Member
Union SC
You folks are doing a great job. I feel terrible as I’ve gotten so slack these past few weeks. Just a motivation\mind thing I guess.

Alesis Coda Pro
PianoVideoLessons.com Currently Unit 4
Alfred Adult Piano 1-ebook version
Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: hyena] #2743238
06/09/18 03:02 PM
06/09/18 03:02 PM
P
PianoStartsAt33 Offline
PianoStartsAt33  Offline
P
Since I've found my teacher, serious classical pianist, she convinced me that if I want play piano more or less normal (from professional's point of view) a have to learn all the staff: 36 scales (12 major, 12 harmonic minor, 12 melodic minor) in straight and contrary motion, arpegios and broken arpegios for each scale, 11 types of arpegios from each note, chords (triads and their inversion) for each key. Also I have to study theory, practice sightreading and do some solfege. And play etudes. And practice pieces a wanna play:) So, the questiion "how much practice do you need?" exists no more fo me. Because the answer is obvious: as much as possible.

"No succes of failure matters when it's about true vocation". Nicolás Gómez Dávila

YoutubeChannel
Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: PianoStartsAt33] #2743257
06/09/18 05:27 PM
06/09/18 05:27 PM
In the Ozarks of Missouri
NobleHouse Offline
500 Post Club Member
NobleHouse  Offline
500 Post Club Member
In the Ozarks of Missouri
Originally Posted by PianoStartsAt33
Since I've found my teacher, serious classical pianist, she convinced me that if I want play piano more or less normal (from professional's point of view) a have to learn all the staff: 36 scales (12 major, 12 harmonic minor, 12 melodic minor) in straight and contrary motion, arpegios and broken arpegios for each scale, 11 types of arpegios from each note, chords (triads and their inversion) for each key. Also I have to study theory, practice sightreading and do some solfege. And play etudes. And practice pieces a wanna play:) So, the questiion "how much practice do you need?" exists no more fo me. Because the answer is obvious: as much as possible.

Looks like you have found an excellent teacher!

Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: PianoStartsAt33] #2743277
06/09/18 06:44 PM
06/09/18 06:44 PM
Florida
cmb13 Offline
Silver Level
cmb13  Offline
Silver Level
Florida

Yes excellent teacher but that's going to take some time and serious commmittment. I'm pretty committed but don't think I could handle that quantity of scales. Can you elaborate on the 11 arpeggios please? I've got maj, min, maj7, dom7, min7, dim.... then what?

Boston 118 PE

Working On
Debussy - La fille aux cheveux de lin
Bach - Adagio 974
Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: hyena] #2743304
06/09/18 09:30 PM
06/09/18 09:30 PM
Quebec city, QC
Jouishy Offline
Jouishy  Offline
Quebec city, QC
Personally, it is between 1h30-3h/day, 5 days/week.

I play as long as I can stay focused, keeping some time for other hobbies and friends. This suits me well. smile

When I practice less, I feel like I'm not ready for my next lesson with my teacher. Sometime, I tell him I haven't practiced enough, on which he commented once "so you practiced less than your usual 8-hour a day?" (my teacher thinks I have too high expectations on myself regarding practice time).

My piano journey from day 1
Started piano on February 2016.
Pieces I plan to learn this summer :
- Mozart K545, 3rd mov
- Tina's theme from FF VI piano collections
Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: hyena] #2743343
06/10/18 03:40 AM
06/10/18 03:40 AM
Just outside London UK
akc42 Offline
akc42  Offline
Just outside London UK
I practice in chunks of 30 minutes to and hour, but several times a day, except when I work when I only have time for one chunk. I am semi retired so I work 3 days a month, normally Mondays and on those days I don't practice until the evening. Most other days I do a short stint just after I get up, and then come back to it late morning, early afternoon and then once or twice in the evening. Of course if I go out for the day, then I still normally have the morning and late evening slots but not those in the day.

When my teacher was coming fortnightly, I would often feel I was ready for her within a few days of the last lesson and then had to patiently wait for a week and a half only to find out I was nowhere near ready. Now she comes weekly and what I am doing is more complex, so I normally feel not quite ready for my next lesson when it arrives - all the more so as my lesson is early morning on a Tuesday and the day before has had the limited practice because of my working.

Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: cmb13] #2743345
06/10/18 04:18 AM
06/10/18 04:18 AM
Warsaw, Poland
Qazsedcft Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Qazsedcft  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by cmb13
Yes excellent teacher but that's going to take some time and serious commmittment. I'm pretty committed but don't think I could handle that quantity of scales. Can you elaborate on the 11 arpeggios please? I've got maj, min, maj7, dom7, min7, dim.... then what?

You could make many more than 11. There is half-diminished 7th, minor-major 7th, aumented major 7th, augmented 7th (which is not the same), diminished major 7th, then there are all the versions with "flat 5", and then all the 9th, 11th, 13th, and suspended chords. I think it's way excessive to actually practice all those. A good base is major, minor, dominant 7th in all keys and all inversions. Add to that the diminished 7th, which has only 3 distinct versions (i.e. you don't need to learn 12 keys) and you are set.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: Qazsedcft] #2743350
06/10/18 05:24 AM
06/10/18 05:24 AM
Auckland, New Zealand
T
Ted Online content
1000 Post Club Member
Ted  Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
T
Auckland, New Zealand
In the sense that the word "practice" implies the existence of something else which is "the real thing", I hardly do any practice at all except ten minutes morning and night on my silent Virgil Practice Clavier. Once at the piano I want the real thing, to create and record my own music through improvisation. Unless an improviser also learns and maintains a big repertoire of pieces, the only practice needed is maintenance of technique, for which I find the Clavier a wonderful tool.

The exception to this might be the conscious development of more or less rational processes of idea generation and transition, emotion and inspiration occurring far too seldom, at least with me, to be of any practical use. So sometimes I do sit down, without recording, and deliberately improvise while paying attention to these things. I suppose this is the nearest I come to "practising" music, as opposed to "practising" technique.

Total daily time for recording+technique+improvisation practice+small repertoire maintenance varies greatly but rarely exceeds an hour or two.

Last edited by Ted; 06/10/18 05:29 AM.

"We shall always love the music of the masters, but they are all dead and now it's our turn." - Llewelyn Jones, my piano teacher
Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: cmb13] #2743352
06/10/18 05:33 AM
06/10/18 05:33 AM
P
PianoStartsAt33 Offline
PianoStartsAt33  Offline
P

Yes excellent teacher but that's going to take some time and serious commmittment. I'm pretty committed but don't think I could handle that quantity of scales. Can you elaborate on the 11 arpeggios please? I've got maj, min, maj7, dom7, min7, dim.... then what?[/quote]

I'm not shure in correlation between russian and english terminology, so, here's the page with 11 types fron C.

[Linked Image]

"No succes of failure matters when it's about true vocation". Nicolás Gómez Dávila

YoutubeChannel
Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: PianoStartsAt33] #2743360
06/10/18 07:07 AM
06/10/18 07:07 AM
Warsaw, Poland
Qazsedcft Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Qazsedcft  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Warsaw, Poland
I'm not shure in correlation between russian and english terminology, so, here's the page with 11 types fron C.

Those are not 11 "types" of arpeggios but just 11 inversions of arpeggios from different tonalities that happen to have the note C in common and change as little as possible from one arpeggio to the next. It's a known exercise but it combines only 5 different types of arpeggios. It goes C major, C minor, Ab major, A minor, F major, F minor, C dominant 7th, Ab dominant 7th, C minor 7th, D dominant 7th, and C diminished 7th.

Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: hyena] #2743361
06/10/18 07:20 AM
06/10/18 07:20 AM
Auckland, New Zealand
T
Ted Online content
1000 Post Club Member
Ted  Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
T
Auckland, New Zealand
I am inclined to agree with Qazsedcft, that all this heap of stuff is unnecessary and musically a waste of consciousness. There are much better ways of simultaneously developing physical technique, intimacy with keyboard patterns and the creative faculty which are far more conducive to musical enjoyment.

Last edited by Ted; 06/10/18 07:20 AM.

"We shall always love the music of the masters, but they are all dead and now it's our turn." - Llewelyn Jones, my piano teacher
Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: Ted] #2743362
06/10/18 07:27 AM
06/10/18 07:27 AM
P
PianoStartsAt33 Offline
PianoStartsAt33  Offline
P
Originally Posted by Ted
I am inclined to agree with Qazsedcft, that all this heap of stuff is unnecessary and musically a waste of consciousness. There are much better ways of simultaneously developing physical technique, intimacy with keyboard patterns and the creative faculty which are far more conducive to musical enjoyment.

It can be so, I guess... I just follow my teachers recomendations. But it is pissible that she just belive firmly in those "old-school methods" and doesn't wanna search for something new in piano pedagogy. Can you give a couple of examples of such a ways?

YoutubeChannel
Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: Qazsedcft] #2743367
06/10/18 08:17 AM
06/10/18 08:17 AM
Florida
cmb13 Offline
Silver Level
cmb13  Offline
Silver Level
Florida
Originally Posted by Qazsedcft

Those are not 11 "types" of arpeggios but just 11 inversions of arpeggios from different tonalities that happen to have the note C in common and change as little as possible from one arpeggio to the next. It's a known exercise but it combines only 5 different types of arpeggios. It goes C major, C minor, Ab major, A minor, F major, F minor, C dominant 7th, Ab dominant 7th, C minor 7th, D dominant 7th, and C diminished 7th.

Thanks for figuring that out - I was looking at it thinking these aren't C arepeggios and then began to work out what each one was when I saw your post. It seems like a neat little exercise but to do it off all 12 notes - I just don't have the time for that. I'm already doing 4 octave arpeggios in maj and min and dim in all keys but haven't done the 7ths yet. Qazsedcft do you only do dom7 or also maj7 and min7....your above post suggested the former.

Boston 118 PE

Working On
Debussy - La fille aux cheveux de lin
Bach - Adagio 974
Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: hyena] #2743371
06/10/18 09:04 AM
06/10/18 09:04 AM
New York, NY
K
Kenji13 Offline
Kenji13  Offline
K
New York, NY
I used to practice 5 hours a day when I was at a conservatory. Physical practice is important, but also it is very effective to include a image training in your practice if you have enough piano experience to visualize playing the piano. It requires a lot of concentration but I helped me a lot!

Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: hyena] #2743394
06/10/18 10:44 AM
06/10/18 10:44 AM
South Wales
C
Colin Miles Online content
Colin Miles  Online Content
C
South Wales
Scales, as well as being 'necessary' for progress, are an excellent way to warm up at the start of each day/session. But you don't need to do them all. Maybe spend 15 mins - you can do a lot of scales and arpeggios in that time, and vary which ones you do.

Roland LX7

South Wales, UK
Re: How much time do you practice? [Re: cmb13] #2743415
06/10/18 12:01 PM
06/10/18 12:01 PM
Warsaw, Poland
Qazsedcft Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Qazsedcft  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by cmb13
Thanks for figuring that out - I was looking at it thinking these aren't C arepeggios and then began to work out what each one was when I saw your post. It seems like a neat little exercise but to do it off all 12 notes - I just don't have the time for that. I'm already doing 4 octave arpeggios in maj and min and dim in all keys but haven't done the 7ths yet. Qazsedcft do you only do dom7 or also maj7 and min7....your above post suggested the former.

I only do major, minor, dominant 7th, and diminished 7th in all keys and inversions. I'm pretty much following the RCM syllabus but doing the exercises in all keys instead of just the exam ones.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  BB Player 

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Skips Vs.Steps desperation
by Melodies. 06/25/18 12:52 AM
Which tool to polish pedals?
by mivaldes. 06/24/18 10:42 PM
Touchrail system?
by Radio.Octave. 06/24/18 09:47 PM
Can words be used to describe music?
by pianoloverus. 06/24/18 04:21 PM
electronic tuners
by oth47. 06/24/18 02:44 PM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Steingraeber
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics186,120
Posts2,727,182
Members90,446
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission