Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
138 registered members (anotherscott, Amedeus, augustm, AZ_Astro, AdrianR, ARpiano, 37 invisible), 1,435 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2676987 - 09/22/17 11:46 AM Oceanwave Breathing  
Daniel Tkach Offline
Daniel Tkach  Offline

Buenos Aires, Argentina
New one:
https://soundcloud.com/danieltkach/oceanwave-breathing

As usual I'm not fully satisfied with the interpretation, feel free to ask for the sheet music or make arrangements to it.

I hope this one makes sense lol Enjoy.

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2677041 - 09/22/17 04:27 PM Re: Oceanwave Breathing [Re: Daniel Tkach]  
JoelW Offline
5000 Post Club Member
JoelW  Offline
5000 Post Club Member

USA
BEATIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2677043 - 09/22/17 05:07 PM Re: Oceanwave Breathing [Re: Daniel Tkach]  
Daniel Tkach Offline
Daniel Tkach  Offline

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Thank you JoelW!

#2681510 - 10/12/17 10:03 AM Re: Oceanwave Breathing [Re: Daniel Tkach]  
benyamind Offline
benyamind  Offline

Hey man, listened to the piece. The orchestration is excellent. I also like the piano sound, very nice on the ear, a rich tone.

If you look at the top layer, the main melody so to say, it's mostly executed by using chords. I would like to see a variation of it where you don't do the harp-like chords over the top but keep it more singular. Less is more in a sense. It's beautiful but by not utilizing it too much you keep it interesting.

For the rest I don't have much to add. It's all logical and the feel is nicely portrayed.

#2681535 - 10/12/17 11:49 AM Re: Oceanwave Breathing [Re: Daniel Tkach]  
Daniel Tkach Offline
Daniel Tkach  Offline

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hi Benyamind, thank you man!

The piano is an electric Kawai CN37, the sound supposedly is the Shigeru Kawai, with almost default settings. I increased the mechanic sound of the dampers leaving the keys, for a louder "whooosh" I love that lol I recorded directly on the piano as mp3.

You know I had written a part where the melody was single notes (as a repeat of "A"), but I did not include that in the end. I agree with you, it would be interesting to make a version like this or at least in a repeat.

I'm glad you liked it, and that this makes sense to someone else.

#2681629 - 10/12/17 08:20 PM Re: Oceanwave Breathing [Re: Daniel Tkach]  
benyamind Offline
benyamind  Offline

Yeah I think if the occurrence of the chord-leading over the top was a bit less, it would give a certain balance to the whole thing.

Yeah it makes sense man, I feel like the places you take the listener are unexpected, but in a good way. I wouldn't doubt it. In my opinion something becomes logical if the 'right' resolutions happen when needed. I feel like you do that. Even though the piece might seem complicated, utilizing the right resolutions gives a sense of structure.

Well it's a good piano for sure. Normally I find pianos to have a too dominant mid frequency, I always mess around with it when I'm mixing. But this sound is crisp, rich and not edgy. Definitely a good one.

Edit: I'm limited to a simple midi-keyboard; would you be interested in executing a relatively simple piece I wrote, with this piano? I'm making an orchestral album and I'm just trying to expand my options. Feel free to think about it.

Last edited by benyamind; 10/12/17 08:27 PM.
#2683994 - 10/22/17 12:52 AM Re: Oceanwave Breathing [Re: Daniel Tkach]  
Elysia.S Offline
Elysia.S  Offline

Canada
Beautiful !! I really enjoyed the journey. I am on the 3rd repeat because I like the story that this piece created in my imagination.

#2684463 - 10/23/17 03:25 PM Re: Oceanwave Breathing [Re: Elysia.S]  
Daniel Tkach Offline
Daniel Tkach  Offline

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by benyamind

Edit: I'm limited to a simple midi-keyboard; would you be interested in executing a relatively simple piece I wrote, with this piano? I'm making an orchestral album and I'm just trying to expand my options. Feel free to think about it.

Hey! I hadn't seen this, probably the edit? Sure I am interested, send me what you got and I'll do my best.

Originally Posted by Elysia.S
Beautiful !! I really enjoyed the journey. I am on the 3rd repeat because I like the story that this piece created in my imagination.

Wow! Thank you Elysia. So I'm glad I wrote it, I wasn't going to, like many others. The first thought that came to me when I accidentally played the first three notes "too simple, not worth continuing". These are thoughts that come from society, from what would others think, from fears, from places we should not pay attention to. Our deepest self wouldn't say bad things about itself, why would we torture ourselves, it makes no sense.

Curious about your stories. And also if you have some other stories which were not turned into music yet...

#2684489 - 10/23/17 05:07 PM Re: Oceanwave Breathing [Re: Daniel Tkach]  
benyamind Offline
benyamind  Offline

Cool, I'm sending you a private message with details!

#2684806 - 10/24/17 10:49 PM Re: Oceanwave Breathing [Re: Daniel Tkach]  
Elysia.S Offline
Elysia.S  Offline

Canada
Originally Posted by Daniel Tkach
Originally Posted by benyamind

Hey! I hadn't seen this, probably the edit? Sure I am interested, send me what you got and I'll do my best.

Originally Posted by Elysia.S

Wow! Thank you Elysia. So I'm glad I wrote it, I wasn't going to, like many others. The first thought that came to me when I accidentally played the first three notes "too simple, not worth continuing". These are thoughts that come from society, from what would others think, from fears, from places we should not pay attention to. Our deepest self wouldn't say bad things about itself, why would we torture ourselves, it makes no sense.

Curious about your stories. And also if you have some other stories which were not turned into music yet...

I am glad that your piece got past the first three notes! I think that it is really difficult to complete a work, let alone have other people listen to it. Composition can be quite personal on a few levels because we are opening feelings and talent to others, I think that this is where a lot of fear comes from. Do you share your compositions a lot?
As for my stories, I have quite a few. I suffer from OIS (overactive imagination syndrome). I don't write anything down wether it be a story or a melody but I am working on that problem.

#2685429 - 10/27/17 03:19 PM Re: Oceanwave Breathing [Re: Daniel Tkach]  
Daniel Tkach Offline
Daniel Tkach  Offline

Buenos Aires, Argentina
I agree, at least for me composing does not come super easily. Sometimes ideas are there but it's hard to get them out, and mostly they are just not there so I don't worry about that now, and I write when stuff flows and I feel I must write. I think there's already so much beautiful music, no need to go crazy I'm not adding to that lol

I share them now just here and then with a few friends I care about, and of course first of all the person I wrote it for, my beloved wife. First few times some years ago it was super weird sharing them, but as I got better and better feedback I'm usually eager to share most stuff.

I would use that "syndrome", definitely, I would call it "talent" haha Sometimes I suffer from the opposite, and that's quite boring, it's peaceful yeah, but my mind feels like living in a small town in the middle of nowhere, you know all people, you know all cars, you know all trees lol If you don't mind send me some of your imaginations, and if they inspire me music I'll write it, and this way we turn that "suffering" into a "talent".

#2685958 - 10/30/17 12:37 PM Re: Oceanwave Breathing [Re: Daniel Tkach]  
Elysia.S Offline
Elysia.S  Offline

Canada
I can certainly try to share my imaginations. I will pm you if i have something i am brave enough to share.

Moderated by  Piano World 

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Certificates from Top Conservatories
by S'il Vous Plait. 12/12/17 02:05 PM
Amplifying synth through piano speakers?
by Paalrammer. 12/12/17 01:20 PM
Looking for some information, please!
by Mark Davis. 12/12/17 12:42 PM
The fun of correcting unisons
by Beemer. 12/12/17 11:23 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics183,242
Posts2,678,734
Members89,267
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission