2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (brdwyguy, accordeur, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, bcalvanese, 6 invisible), 1,896 guests, and 276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Lafi Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi guys smile Just learned this.. hope you like it and suggestions for improvement are welcomed :))

https://youtu.be/Vr3_FTjLGZo

T
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
T
Hi, Lafi! Yes, I definitely liked it -- you seem to relate most closely to the brilliance of this Etude, and that aspect you brought out in spades. And I thought you negotiated the treacherous chromatic passages in the middle section very convincingly. My only observation is that I think there are opportunities to shape the left-hand melodic line with more precision -- that, I believe, would make the piece less "Etude-y" in character and more musical. And for me, the genius of the Chopin Etudes resides in the fact that they work so well musically, apart from their mission to provide sophisticated technical challenges. In that sense, I think you've "got" the right- hand arpeggiation challenges pretty well worked out -- now the trick is to subordinate all that to the more "important" line in the left hand. But, really good stuff right now -- thanks for sharing it!

L
Lafi Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks for the comment Tim! smile I will work on that and i'll record the etude again on the Bechstein when i go back home late october :)) Can't wait hehe laugh
Best wishes!

K
K
Great technique and interpretation.

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022
Excellent playing as always !!

A bit sad to see that the Schimmel is being neglected from a maintenance standpoint (broken strings).

Look forward to hearing this etude on your Bechstein !!

Mason and Hamlin BB - 91640
Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
Korg SP-100 Stage Piano
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/pianophilo
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
I couldn't help but smile with you at the end of this Etude; you brought it off so (apparently) effortlessly and with considerable panache. The technique is clean and clear; too bad the piano is bad in the upper register, particularly that top D!

A little more dynamic shading within sections might be called for, but I still enjoyed this immensely.

Thank you for sharing.

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by BruceD
I couldn't help but smile with you at the end of this Etude

Me too. The smile made up for all the lousy treble notes on the piano. I love this etude. Any chance we could get a take of you performing it on a decent, recently tuned instrument? That would be a wonderful thing! You play it so well.

SRF
L
Lafi Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks for the comments guys! I am really happy that you liked it so much :)) I will definetly record it again on my Bechstein at home when I go back in something like 3 weeks smile Hopefully I will.play it better with more dynamics and melodic lines in the left hand smile I am even thinking of investing into some audio recording equipment as well smile

As for the Schimmel .. yes it is very strange they keep in this condition.. they say it is a money problem and they will tune it next year.. anyway can't do anything about it smile

Best wishes!

J
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Yes, great interpretation. The piano actually sounds quite "up to it", except the top end unisons, which must have taken great bravery on your part to endure! Nothing pedantic about this interpretation, which is always a problem with those much-played Op. 10 etudes!! No, this interpretation is completely alive.

Ditto the minor technical observations mentioned above. It's all there, technically... ALL THERE.

As with all difficult rep, a well-regulated instrument makes a huge difference. In this instance, the technique is certainly strong enough that I can't detect anything amiss in the piano's "regulation" department (let-off, drop, etc.). Only the pianist will ever know, so to speak.

L
Lafi Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by johnlewisgrant
Yes, great interpretation. The piano actually sounds quite "up to it", except the top end unisons, which must have taken great bravery on your part to endure! Nothing pedantic about this interpretation, which is always a problem with those much-played Op. 10 etudes!! No, this interpretation is completely alive.

Ditto the minor technical observations mentioned above. It's all there, technically... ALL THERE.

As with all difficult rep, a well-regulated instrument makes a huge difference. In this instance, the technique is certainly strong enough that I can't detect anything amiss in the piano's "regulation" department (let-off, drop, etc.). Only the pianist will ever know, so to speak.

Thank you very much!! I really appreciate it :))

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission