2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
52 members (Bill McKaig,RPT, butchkoch, ABull, 1957, aphexdisklavier, bilb, 24000rpm, Animisha, 8 invisible), 475 guests, and 407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Originally Posted by JayGVan
....I knuckled under to the wishes of my wife for a cleaner look ..., and got myself a nice white, full stand and triple pedal FP-90.

Brought it home today, and played it for an hour. Some tweaks to make in the piano designer, but so far, very happy.

I'm happy for you Jay, but please tell me that you got this in addition to your RD-2000 and not in place of it.

Keys: Yamaha GC2, Casio Privia PX-3, Roland RD800, Alesis VI61, Pianoteq 6.0
My motto: Play and Let Play!
F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Well...when it finally came time, I knuckled under to the wishes of my wife for a cleaner look without all the cables and external speakers, and got myself a nice white, full stand and triple pedal FP-90.

Brought it home today, and played it for an hour. Some tweaks to make in the piano designer, but so far, very happy.

Jay

Each time I read things like this, I thank God in Heaven that I have a girlfriend who is completely and totally oblivious to stuff like this. "Make sure there isn't a cable tangle" (which I would, anyway, because I hate cable tangles) would be the most she'd say. And if there isn't a stand for the RD-2000, I'd have built one. Wait... for the MP7, I did. And it has cable guides. Actually, it's in *her* appartment, speakers and all. I think she'd cry if I swapped it for an ES110. LOL.

Wonder what tweaks you're going to make in Piano designer. The A-C keys above middle C do require some tweaking in the LX-17 (too "electric piano"-like), as well as some in the lower end (too much sound pressure coming from the piano; you can actually FEEL the sound pressing in your ears... hard to describe.)

Last edited by Falsch; 09/26/17 09:24 PM.

Kawai Novus NV-10 | Pianoteq 7 (Kremsegg 1 & 2, Ruckers Harpsichord, KIVIR)
Intel NUC i3-6100U, 8GB, SSD | iPad Pro 12.9 2018 | forScore
T
T
Well...when it finally came time, I knuckled under to the wishes of my wife for a cleaner look without all the cables and external speakers, and got myself a nice white, full stand and triple pedal FP-90.

Jay

Striking twist, indeed. Welcome to the FP-90 club.
Please do join the conversation on the new thread I opened about the FP-90; I guess you must have the answers to all issues asked there!

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
TripleSharp ... I'm sorry to inform you but you don't exist.

Yamaha AvantGrand N3 | Roland RD 2000 | Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
T
T
Originally Posted by Dave Horne
TripleSharp ... I'm sorry to inform you but you don't exist.

What do you mean by that now?

T
T
Dave Horne... I invited JayGVan in a polite and fun way, to request help with FP90 questions.
Have I offended you in some way?

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TripleSharp
Dave Horne... I invited JayGVan in a polite and fun way, to request help with FP90 questions.

Nope, just having some fun with your name ... I've never encountered a triple sharp in my entire musical life. You're the first.

Yamaha AvantGrand N3 | Roland RD 2000 | Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
Thanks Dave - because of your silly comment I've learnt about the existence of the mere double sharp. ;^)

Greg.

T
T
Originally Posted by Dave Horne

Nope, just having some fun with your name ... I've never encountered a triple sharp in my entire musical life. You're the first.

Originally Posted by sullivang
Thanks Dave - because of your silly comment I've learnt about the existence of the mere double sharp. ;^)

Greg.

Normally, I would have just reported your posts instead of wasting my time posting this, but you two have been weirdly entertaining.

Horne, I advise you not to try to make fun of others' names when you have so much potential with your family name.

Just for the information: (sullivang, this is your lucky day, you are learning yet another thing)
Occasionally, although rare, when a pitch like g double sharp is approached from a minor second below, that approaching pitch is notated as f triple sharp (using one sharp sign near one double sharp sign) according to notational conventions.
This is a little bit advanced music knowledge, of course. There is a much cited paper about this, which I had also cited as one of the references in one of my publications.

Don't make fun of your entire musical lives.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E

Normally, I would have just reported your posts instead of wasting my time posting this, but you two have been weirdly entertaining.

Horne, I advise you not to try to make fun of others' names when you have so much potential with your family name.

It was a light hearted thing. I think you've over-reacted a little bit.

T
T
Originally Posted by EssBrace

It was a light hearted thing. I think you've over-reacted a little bit.

I didn't perceive it that way, but thank you for your kindness and your good intentions.

JayGVan Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by petes1
....I knuckled under to the wishes of my wife for a cleaner look ..., and got myself a nice white, full stand and triple pedal FP-90.

I'm happy for you Jay, but please tell me that you got this in addition to your RD-2000 and not in place of it.

In addition? I wish. The budget (and wifely wishes) meant that only one was coming home. And well....Happy wife, happy life....

I have no qualms about the decision, as both are fantastic instruments. Would I have preferred the RD? Maybe....But the FP will serve me very well. Plus I can use the Piano Designer App to teach my 4 year old step-son some things. He is fascinated by every keyboard instrument he comes across, and I would like to foster that and encourage it.

I will be tweaking the Piano Designer a tad, as there's a few weird standing waves in my apartment, and the wood floors exacerbate it's response to a few of the resonances...There are a few notes that would benefit from a tweak to the Character parameter, and a few that need to come down in terms of Note Volume. But spent another hour on it last night happily jamming away.

Jay

Formerly in the business. Now just a piano fan.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
RD-2000 looks like a very nice instrument if money's no object, but the RD-800 is still available on Thomann and the price difference is pretty huge. Seems like a better value proposition currently.

Kawai CA95 / Steinberg UR22 / Sony MDR-7506 / Pianoteq Stage + Grotrian, Bluethner / Galaxy Vintage D / CFX Lite
In the loft: Roland FP3 / Tannoy Reveal Active / K&M 18810
JayGVan Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by lolatu
RD-2000 looks like a very nice instrument if money's no object, but the RD-800 is still available on Thomann and the price difference is pretty huge. Seems like a better value proposition currently.

Being Canadian, Thomann isn't the wisest option. But having maintained strong ties to my former employer, the RD-2000 wasn't outside of my means at all.

Just in terms of working with the minimalist decor of the house, keeping my wife happy, and wanting to teach my step-son some things on the piano, I knew the FP-90 was the better choice. The built in speakers are really quite a joy. And the connectivity to Piano Partner 2 for some accompaniments, well, that keeps me entertained. Playing classical music to an 8 beat at 160bpm is good exercise for the hands!

Looking forward to working with my step-son using the flashcards and simple songs.

As much as the RD-2000 would have satisfied the gear geek in me, the FP-90 was a more practical, and no less capable, instrument for me.

Jay

Formerly in the business. Now just a piano fan.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Built in speaker or external steron peakers
by Jojovan - 04/18/21 07:09 AM
Heintzman at the White House?
by Retsacnal - 04/18/21 12:43 AM
Yamaha p45 vs YDP 144 vs Roland rp102
by Shortshoppy - 04/17/21 11:48 PM
Action Regulation on 1982 Steinway B
by Harpuia - 04/17/21 11:34 PM
Estonia pianos though the years?
by PeterV73 - 04/17/21 10:09 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics206,370
Posts3,083,696
Members101,224
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission