2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (brennbaer, accordeur, antune, Colin Miles, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, 10 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
OP Offline
S
I was wondering. I really like my CA-97 but maybe an upgrade could be significantly better. Do you think 2018 we will see the following model of the series?

K
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
K
Hahaha. Two threads deleted. on China music fares, which are around 12th October they should be shown. That's my assumption only, of course. At lest all signs on sky and earth are pointing on that wink

R
R
Originally Posted by kapelli
Hahaha. Two threads deleted. on China music fares, which are around 12th October they should be shown. That's my assumption only, of course. At lest all signs on sky and earth are pointing on that wink

That's weird. Why are threads being deleted?

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
To my knowledge no new models will be released in the next few days.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by R111

That's weird. Why are threads being deleted?

Yes. Why?! It would appear threads can be deleted at the request of a manufacturer perhaps. In which case I find that totally unacceptable.

J
J
I would imagine this site is indexed really fast by Google due to the fact it updates frequently. Any mentions of new products would get quick to the top of search rankings. The original thread about the topic might have had accidentally leaked information, noting the links etc. were taken down. Not the best way to go about it, but I wouldn't blame the admins if there was a DMCA takedown notice (or a friendlier request) to comply for just a couple days.

Last edited by jokke; 09/27/17 04:10 PM. Reason: clarified the "leaked info" sentence
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Well, my friendly piano dealer already "leaked" info about a third new model simply by telling me he can't order its predecessor anymore (which is already sold out, so I couldn't play test it). Of course complying with rules of this forum, I won't go into further details (name, price, action).

Yamaha P-515
K
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
K
Model numbers are:
CA18
CA78
CA98

Same GF2 action, new speaker system, new (or old but better) sound technology using Onkyo DDIRC modules. Touchscreen instead of panel with buttons. Of course, everything will be model depending.

I only wonder whether the look is more modern.

And have big expectations about new sound module.

We cant let few people here too keep our mouth silent.

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
I wonder what action they put in the CA18...

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Why all the fuss over what pianos are coming soon?
Why all the speculation?

Is there really any mystery about the new models?
-- Will they have 88 keys?
-- Will they sound like pianos?
-- Will they come equipped with the usual fantasy marketing terminology?
-- Will they have improved linear harmoneal syntho-resonant orchestral emulation (with the look of real wood)?

I'll tune my radio to my favorite station, WGAF.
Or maybe just wait until they arrive and try them out.

U
U
There are newer models very soon;

Specs of CA48(successor of CA17) is still unknown, but it is not difficult to figure out what they will give us.
E.g. it will still use RM3 key action.

And they look like CN37.

Last edited by USSOWT; 09/27/17 11:55 PM.

Kawai CA67/Ivory 2 Grand Piano
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G

One thought for the mods, since the other topics were closed:

I haven't been paying very close attention to these threads, and I probably wouldn't even notice if they get deleted. But when a thread is nuked, how will anyone know not to create a replacement, or what the reason for the nuke was? Does it make more sense to hide the offending content, post a note that says why the thread is being closed, and then lock it? At least that way someone independently asking the same question or stumbling across the same information wouldn't inadvertently be violating the terms just because they didn't know a previous thread on the subject was deleted.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
J
J
Check for other active threads in the "Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards" forum smile

Kawai KDP-90
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Thanks. I just got caught up on the threads and I didn't realize what an s-show it had all become. I feel sorry for the mods (it's a thankless job for sure) and I'm not in it to stir the pot.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
Why all the speculation?

-- Will they have improved linear harmoneal syntho-resonant orchestral emulation (with the look of real wood)?

Do not pretend you are not excited about the prospect of that sweet harmoneal syntho-resonant orchestral emulation!

New models coming out is one of life's pure joys. Every once in a (long) while there is a significant step forward like triple sensors or super long keys. Or there's a price innovation: pretty good pianos at sub $1000 prices.

This is an odd time for the release of a new piano, but I'm very hopeful. I have a daughter who wants piano lessons and I'm looking forward to harmonic imaging super-hyper-XL-pro 2. Or at least, a newfangled piano action to drive my software pianos.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by gvfarns
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
Why all the speculation?

Do not pretend you are not excited about the prospect of that sweet harmoneal syntho-resonant orchestral emulation!

New models coming out is one of life's pure joys. Every once in a (long) while there is a significant step forward like triple sensors or super long keys. Or there's a price innovation: pretty good pianos at sub $1000 prices.

This is an odd time for the release of a new piano, but I'm very hopeful. I have a daughter who wants piano lessons and I'm looking forward to harmonic imaging super-hyper-XL-pro 2. Or at least, a newfangled piano action to drive my software pianos.

I understand Kawai is about to introduce some kind of crazy new technology that involves a big wooden and steel box with a bunch of wires inside. And pieces of felt come up and hit the wires to make piano sounds almost as good as what you get from a digital piano. I read on some secret spec sheet my friend downloaded that it's going to be called an "acoustical" piano or something like that.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by David Farley
I understand Kawai is about to introduce some kind of crazy new technology that involves a big wooden and steel box with a bunch of wires inside. And pieces of felt come up and hit the wires to make piano sounds almost as good as what you get from a digital piano. I read on some secret spec sheet my friend downloaded that it's going to be called an "acoustical" piano or something like that.

It'll never catch on.

A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by EssBrace

It'll never catch on.

Sounds bulky - will it fit in my car?

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by ando
Originally Posted by EssBrace

It'll never catch on.

Sounds bulky - will it fit in my car?

I'm doubtful. All depends where they put the pitch bend/mod wheels I guess.

G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
I went to the Kawai place today and played a bunch of digitals. I asked about the CA97 and CA67 and they said they are out of stock at the moment. What they said was that there was a supply problem in Indonesia and they are on backorder everywhere. To me that sounds like a white lie to cover up the fact that they have been discontinued and a replacement is about to be announced. But they could be telling the plain truth. What do I know?

Anyway, that GF and GF2 action (I couldn't tell the difference between them as I went back and forth between them) really is a significant advancement over RM3 and very much worth it based on my experience today. This suggests that an old CA65 or something would be a very good deal. However I also find the SK-EX voice that is the new default to be much more pleasing than the EX that Kawai has been using (in various levels of fidelity) for years. For me, it was good enough for regular use and for my kids to practice on, so I bought a CS11. The incremental cost of the CS11 over the CA65, for example, is very large, but it looks really, really nice and has much better speakers. I fully expect that a replacement will come out soon, but I don't expect a lot of buyer's remorse when that does happen.

Last edited by gvfarns; 09/30/17 08:51 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission