Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
133 registered members (Amirhsol, AnthonyPaulO, Animisha, ando, 7uturu, Alex C, agraffe, alexk3954, Arty Movie, anotherscott, 36 invisible), 1,298 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: BruceD] #2672582
09/03/17 05:41 PM
09/03/17 05:41 PM
New York City
pianoloverus Online content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
pianoloverus  Online Content

New York City
Originally Posted by BruceD

What I am critical of are those beginning or intermediate students who feel they need to use YouTube to find out "how a piece sounds" because they can't figure it out from the score, or don't want to take the time to do so.

What purpose is served by such YouTube sites as IUPianoPed and enclosed CD's in scores but to show students "how" a piece should sound? Doesn't that deprive them of some of the experience of learning?
Yes, but one could argue that the student's lessons do the same except for the learning of the notes(which may also require correction is some cases) and that listening to recordings is not really different from listening to a teacher's comments.

Have you heard some incredibly terrible amateur YT performances? I certainly have although my guess is that the posters thought their playing was quite good. My first thought is often that I wish they had listened to a good pro performance to get a better idea of what the piece sounds like. Many pianists are not so capable of learning everything from the score unless they have good ability and have had good training. Of course, one could argue that if they had followed your preferred approach a lot more they might be more capable of doing so.

It's possible that one can compare learning a piano score to learning math. When i first started teaching math the big rage was "discovery learning" where students were encouraged to figure out an awful lot by themselves aided by teacher questioning. This approach returned recently to some extent in an teaching system developed at Exeter or some other prestigious boarding school. The original discovery approach of the 70's was mostly disbanded, at least in the pretty extreme form of that time. I don't know if the much more recent Exeter approach, which carried the discovery method to an extreme(students are given problem sets every day and expected to figure out new ideas almost completely by themselves) has been at all successful, but I do know that it was tried at a prestigious NYC school but abandoned after a couple of years.

I'm definitely not completely opposed to your thinking. Going back to teaching math again, it's almost a given that very few students, even the best ones learn or are capable of learning from the math text book. And I think part of the reason for this is that they have usually never been forced to do this. The students and their parents expect the teacher to explain everything first.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 09/03/17 05:50 PM.
Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items
Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: pianoloverus] #2672601
09/03/17 06:48 PM
09/03/17 06:48 PM
B
bennevis Offline
bennevis  Offline
B

Originally Posted by pianoloverus
Going back to teaching math again, it's almost a given that very few students, even the best ones learn or are capable of learning from the math text book. And I think part of the reason for this is that they have usually never been forced to do this. The students and their parents expect the teacher to explain everything first.

Using math as an analogy to reading music is quite false. You can't just read a complex maths equation and understand what it's all about, nor can you just find the solution to a math problem unless you've solved other similar problems. How many advanced mathematicians, even today, understand Andrew Wiles's proof to Fermat's Last Theorem?

But you can read a music score (very slowly if necessary) and play all the right notes, follow the phrasing, expression marks etc. Just like reading a book that's at your reading level. You won't necessarily understand all the nuances in it, especially if it's not your native language and of course, the better your language skills and the more familiar you are with it, the more you'll understand all its subtext. Many of the books - including those written for kids - that I read in my teens were like that for me. (I learnt English when I was ten). I could understand the main story, with the help of my dictionary, but the nuances escaped me. But every book I read improved my reading ability further, and improved my ability to comprehend the nuances in the text which no dictionary could have helped me with........

"I don't play accurately - anyone can play accurately - but I play with wonderful expression. As far as the piano is concerned, sentiment is my forte. I keep science for Life."
Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: bennevis] #2672603
09/03/17 07:14 PM
09/03/17 07:14 PM
New York City

New York City
Originally Posted by bennevis
Going back to teaching math again, it's almost a given that very few students, even the best ones learn or are capable of learning from the math text book. And I think part of the reason for this is that they have usually never been forced to do this. The students and their parents expect the teacher to explain everything first.

Using math as an analogy to reading music is quite false. You can't just read a complex maths equation and understand what it's all about, nor can you just find the solution to a math problem unless you've solved other similar problems.
You don't sound very familiar with math texts.

Math texts offer detailed explanations and examples at every stage so a really good student who was experienced and trained in reading math texts could figure out most of it by himself. But very few students can do this even at the best schools in the U.S. So I think my analogy of learning to read a score and read a math book have many similarities.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 09/03/17 07:17 PM.
Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: pianoloverus] #2672604
09/03/17 07:29 PM
09/03/17 07:29 PM
B
bennevis Offline
bennevis  Offline
B

[/quote] You don't sound very familiar with math texts.

Math texts offer detailed explanations and examples at every stage so a really good student who was experienced and trained in reading math texts could figure out most of it by himself. But very few students can do this even at the best schools in the U.S. So i think my analogy, I think learning to read a score and read a math book have many similarities.

A math text still requires the student to figure things out. (No, since you ask, I've never used such texts in math - I only ever studied math with teachers).

A music score just requires the student to be able to read music. If he can read music, he can then play it (assuming he has the skills), but he might not get all its nuances, because nobody can except the composer. But the more musical he is, and the experienced he is, the more deeply he can delve into it.

"I don't play accurately - anyone can play accurately - but I play with wonderful expression. As far as the piano is concerned, sentiment is my forte. I keep science for Life."
Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: johnbarnesiii] #2672607
09/03/17 08:17 PM
09/03/17 08:17 PM
New York City

New York City
One could just as easily claim that as long as one can read and understand whatever language a math text is written in, that's all that's required to learn it.

And if a composition is complex enough compared to the level of a particular student, trying to read the music or learn to play it could be as difficult as reading a math text. For example, I think many pretty advanced pianists would have difficulty figuring out the rhythm complexities of this transcription of a Bill Evans performance because the transcriber tries to notate every nuance of Evans' rubato.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4vumyjk0X8

Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: pianoloverus] #2672609
09/03/17 08:38 PM
09/03/17 08:38 PM
B
bennevis Offline
bennevis  Offline
B

One could just as easily claim that as long as one can read and understand whatever language a math text is written in, that's all that's required to learn it.

Math is puzzle-solving. You can read E = mc2. Anyone can, but not everyone can understand the implications of it.

Reading classical music is note-reading - not puzzle-solving. BTW, we're talking notated classical music here, aren't we? If I improvise, I challenge any transcriber to write down exactly what I play.

Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: johnbarnesiii] #2672620
09/03/17 09:15 PM
09/03/17 09:15 PM
New York
M
Medved1 Offline

Medved1  Offline

M

New York
Can I come at this question from the point of view of both an amateur mathematician and an amateur piano player?

Math - I took a bunch of math in college, but didn't major in it. My job wasn't a lot of math when I started, nor a lot of programming. But as the years went by, I have needed more and more of both. What I found was that when you had a reason to learn it, you would dig in - with text books, websites, whatever - to figure it out. The solution is part of what other folks have done in the past, but "there is no right answer" - because you're solving problems that haven't been solved before.

For me, music is the same - I have a reason to want to learn - what are the notes, how does it sound at tempo (even if I may not soon, if ever, get to that tempo), what are the underlying structures. There are tons of people who can play if faster or better than me, but I'm looking for a solution that works for a piano player like me, with my experience (or lack thereof).

Listening to someone else (who is far more advanced) is part of the learning process, but not the whole.

For example.

I'm working on what, for me, are some huge stretch pieces - Beethoven Bagatelles op 126 and Hayden Sonata in C minor (H:XV1:20/ WU 33 - not sure how to read that, but that's what printed) - I sight read through them with my teacher standing by for handholding, then later found them on Spotify / Youtube - and found a number of performances that were far more technically adept than I can ever hope to be, but I thought were missing something by taking it at a super fast tempo. I guess I'm sort of talking my own book here, but seriously, I thought I would like to listen to a technical wizard take it a little more slowly.

Today I had a lesson dedicated to the Hayden Sonata, which I have been trying to learn both thoroughly and with freedom - and I knew I was taking some liberties with the tempo in order to bring out what I love about the music, which is the sort of "gypsy fantasia" nature of it, My teacher said he had been listening to various performances since we last met, and he hadn't really loved any of them because they were too fixed with the tempo - rushing the candenza-like parts ( which occur every 6 measures or so - Hayden seems to have been indulging himself!) in order to keep up with the more conventional parts of the music.

Long story short, the message for me was to not copy the tempos, but try to work on the utter relaxation that a technically advanced performer can, and does - you can hear it through out the professional recordings - , bring to the grace notes and ornaments.

Not sure whether this proves anything, but I thought I would offer it as part of the mix of a discussion of whether listening to someone else do the thing is a help or a hindrance.

Mason & Hamlin A ('97)
Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: Medved1] #2672643
09/03/17 11:53 PM
09/03/17 11:53 PM
Oakland
B
BDB Offline
BDB  Offline
B

Oakland
If you want to learn to read music well, you need to learn the notation until you understand it as well as you read your native language. Even then, you have to read it carefully, as you would have if you read "Haydn" instead of "Hayden." smile

Semipro Tech
Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: johnbarnesiii] #2672649
09/04/17 12:45 AM
09/04/17 12:45 AM
R
RmntcPianoLvr Offline
RmntcPianoLvr  Offline
R

I get new music from all over the place honestly.

Firstly, I will often times look for new music around my difficulty level, whether I want to start a new piece, or I'm just bored. So when I am scrolling through catalogues of works on Henle's page, I will usually look up performances of a piece that is around my level of difficulty. If I like it, I put it on my list of works I want to learn later. Otherwise, I just skip it and try another one.

The other way I find new music is through YouTube. When I listen, I tend to listen to those videos with the scrolling sheet music as the music is being played. That way, on the recommended section on YouTube, there will be more similar videos by the same pianist or the same composer. Through that, I will find new music, and again if it interests me, I put it on my list of works I would like to play in the future. Of course, I have to consult the Henle website first, to make sure it's actually playable for my current technical level (which, sad to say, isn't the case most of the time, especially with Chopin haha).

So far, my list has got about 20 pieces on it, most of which I can't actually afford to try to play, because I will simply fail unless I get better first. However, I have a long life ahead of me, and so far I have been making steady progress learning different compositions by different composers (Ex. Beethoven Sonatas, Mozart Sonatas, Chopin Waltzes, Brahms Waltzes, etc.). So I think I will indeed be able to play those pieces one day in due time, given that I don't ever give up my passion for striving to be the very best I can be. Hopefully, you feel the same way!

Last edited by AviChak; 09/04/17 12:46 AM.
Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: pianoloverus] #2672651
09/04/17 01:02 AM
09/04/17 01:02 AM
California
P
phantomFive Offline
3000 Post Club Member
phantomFive  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
P

California
It's possible that one can compare learning a piano score to learning math. When i first started teaching math the big rage was "discovery learning" where students were encouraged to figure out an awful lot by themselves aided by teacher questioning. This approach returned recently to some extent in an teaching system developed at Exeter or some other prestigious boarding school. The original discovery approach of the 70's was mostly disbanded, at least in the pretty extreme form of that time. I don't know if the much more recent Exeter approach, which carried the discovery method to an extreme(students are given problem sets every day and expected to figure out new ideas almost completely by themselves)

This reminds me that Anton Rubenstein, the illustrious piano teacher, would never play for his students. He wanted them to develop their own individuality and interpretations. He was superb at teaching his students technique, and getting a nice tone out of them.

And yet, though the goal is good, something was lost. By not being able to "stand on the shoulders of giants" who came before them, they were not able to build on the interpretations of the past, and their interpretations were not quite so brilliant as they could have been.

I'm curious, are they eventually able to read math? Or do you just not try to teach them?

Poetry is rhythm
Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: BruceD] #2672659
09/04/17 03:52 AM
09/04/17 03:52 AM
Italy
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
casinitaly  Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Italy
Originally Posted by BruceD
Originally Posted by casinitaly
A great number of the Music for Millions pieces, Vol 17 and Vol 27 in particular, and MANY MANY other books - are recorded on Youtube by the University of Iowa.

IUPianoPed is their channel and Jason Sifford is actually a member here on PW smile

https://www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed/playlists

To me - and I know others may strongly disagree - this type of "service" to the piano-playing public is really a cop-out, just as are some of the current RCM (Toronto) books of examination pieces which include a CD performance of the music. I just as strongly decry teachers who play entire pieces for their students so that the students "learn how the pieces should sound."

Regards,

Well, I think there's some value to these recordings. I don't always agree with every aspect of the performances but they can be helpful. Not everyone can look at a score and get a feel for how it should sound- it takes a fair amount of training to get to that point.

Until you're there, I don't see the harm.

My teacher had sometimes played pieces for me. More in the past than recently, and again, I don't see the harm.

Surely it's about balance?
The student needs to learn how to get the idea of how pieces sound, but it doesn't have to always be a struggle. There are times when it's better to give help than to leave someone hanging or making mistakes that could become ingrained and then very hard to correct.

[Linked Image]

Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: bennevis] #2672700
09/04/17 09:58 AM
09/04/17 09:58 AM
New York City

New York City
Reading classical music is note-reading - not puzzle-solving. BTW, we're talking notated classical music here, aren't we? If I improvise, I challenge any transcriber to write down exactly what I play.
But that's exactly what the transcriber did for many recordings by Bill Evans and why his transcriptions are so complex rhythmically.

This kind of difficulty is not limited to jazz transcriptions. I'm sure there are many contemporary classical works whose complexities are great enough that they are like puzzle solving for all those except perhaps contemporary music specialists. So just because one understands musical notation it doesn't mean scores cannot be puzzle like.

My analogy between students reading math texts and pianists reading scores seems fine to me. In the same way that most students need a teacher's explanation to understand a math text many students(possibly excepting the most talented and best trained) need a teacher's explanation or a recording to understand a musical score.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 09/04/17 10:56 AM.
Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: johnbarnesiii] #2672709
09/04/17 10:29 AM
09/04/17 10:29 AM
Toronto
H
hoasjoe Offline
hoasjoe  Offline
H

Toronto
For any piece of Classical music (given that the composer died at least 50 years ago): www.imslp.org
(the site for International Music Score Library Project). All the composers from A - Z of bygone is listed and most works can be downloaded for free (royalty-free).

For more recent Pop tunes there is a music store in my area that has instruments on 1 side and many books of recent Pop singers. A lot of pieces can be found online through www.sheetmusicplus.com in different keys for downloading.

Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: pianoloverus] #2672719
09/04/17 11:03 AM
09/04/17 11:03 AM
B
bennevis Offline
bennevis  Offline
B

But that's exactly what the transcriber did for many Bill Evans performances and why his transcriptions are so complex rhythmically.

This kind of difficulty is not limited to jazz transcriptions. I'm sure there are many contemporary classical works whose complexities are great enough that they are like puzzle solving for all those except perhaps contemporary music specialists. So just because one understands musical notation it doesn't mean scores cannot be puzzle like.

My analogy between students reading math texts and pianists reading scores seems fine to me.

So, reading English is also a puzzle, according to your definition. It was apparently a puzzle for me because I had to use a dictionary regularly for the first few years?

Why would any near-beginner want to look at complex contemporary works where the composer frequently devises his own form of notation? Or someone's jazz transcription? I think we're straying way off point here.

BTW, if I wanted to play jazz, I wouldn't use someone's transcription. I'd play from a lead sheet and by ear.

Why are we discussing jazz transcriptions here anyway? This is about classical.

Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: bennevis] #2672723
09/04/17 11:09 AM
09/04/17 11:09 AM
New York City

New York City
Why would any near-beginner want to look at complex contemporary works where the composer frequently devises his own form of notation? Or someone's jazz transcription?

Why are we discussing jazz transcriptions here anyway? This is about classical.

1. I didn't say anything about a near beginner or a special notation devised by a composer.

2. As I previously explained, my jazz example was to show how a score could be puzzle like even if one can read music. And the same goes for a classical score. And the same for a math text.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 09/04/17 11:42 AM.
Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: johnbarnesiii] #2672760
09/04/17 01:10 PM
09/04/17 01:10 PM
New York
M
Medved1 Offline

Medved1  Offline

M

New York
This discussion brings together a lot of my life, as I am the product of the Exeter math system, mentioned above, admittedly from way back when, but my 11th grade math teacher was Anja Greer, who played a huge role in bringing the system to its current form.

There was and is a lot of "figure it out" going on, and while there are things that the school could do better, one thing they do really well is train you how to figure things out by putting you in front of a lot of things that need figuring out. It carries over - I'm thinking of some recent conversations with classmates who have had a rougher road than others, and one thing they said was "No matter how tough it gets, I know I can figure something out". Words to live by.

To the question - "do you just not try to teach them" - not that extreme. You get plenty of guidance while you're trying to figure things out - but the balance is skewed toward you rather than the teacher. You try it yourself, and then you come in with questions. Some of your questions will be answered by the teacher, but as many as possible will be answered by your classmates, and you may have something to offer that will help your classmates move forward.

Reminds me a lot of what goes on here - we have advanced players and the teachers who take the time to answer questions, and we have beginners and intermediates who also have a lot to offer since they really understand the challenges of their particular level, and the solutions to the problems that work for them.

Regardless of the word we use - is it a puzzle, is it a reading challenge - I think one thing that keeps us going is the urge to figure things out. And the original question of "where do you find new music" is a perfect chance for a lot of different solutions to come out. So, thank you to the OP for the question and to the answers of composers and sources, which I am going to use with gratitude.

Mason & Hamlin A ('97)
Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: RmntcPianoLvr] #2672764
09/04/17 01:24 PM
09/04/17 01:24 PM
J
johnbarnesiii Offline OP
johnbarnesiii  Offline OP
J

Originally Posted by AviChak
I get new music from all over the place honestly.

Firstly, I will often times look for new music around my difficulty level, whether I want to start a new piece, or I'm just bored. So when I am scrolling through catalogues of works on Henle's page, I will usually look up performances of a piece that is around my level of difficulty. If I like it, I put it on my list of works I want to learn later. Otherwise, I just skip it and try another one.

The other way I find new music is through YouTube. When I listen, I tend to listen to those videos with the scrolling sheet music as the music is being played. That way, on the recommended section on YouTube, there will be more similar videos by the same pianist or the same composer. Through that, I will find new music, and again if it interests me, I put it on my list of works I would like to play in the future. Of course, I have to consult the Henle website first, to make sure it's actually playable for my current technical level (which, sad to say, isn't the case most of the time, especially with Chopin haha).

So far, my list has got about 20 pieces on it, most of which I can't actually afford to try to play, because I will simply fail unless I get better first. However, I have a long life ahead of me, and so far I have been making steady progress learning different compositions by different composers (Ex. Beethoven Sonatas, Mozart Sonatas, Chopin Waltzes, Brahms Waltzes, etc.). So I think I will indeed be able to play those pieces one day in due time, given that I don't ever give up my passion for striving to be the very best I can be. Hopefully, you feel the same way!

Thank you this helps and seems to be a good process. I had started doing similar things, like looking in the table of contents of piano sheet music books, Googling the titles and searching for audio or video of the pieces, listening to little snippets of them to see if they perk my ears and if so add to a list of pieces I want to learn. Henle is a good resource, thanks for sharing.

Last edited by johnbarnesiii; 09/04/17 01:40 PM.
Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: Medved1] #2672765
09/04/17 01:38 PM
09/04/17 01:38 PM
J
johnbarnesiii Offline OP
johnbarnesiii  Offline OP
J

Originally Posted by Medved1
And the original question of "where do you find new music" is a perfect chance for a lot of different solutions to come out. So, thank you to the OP for the question and to the answers of composers and sources, which I am going to use with gratitude.

Thank you, I have found these answers very helpful too. People on these forums can be very resourceful and I'm learning a lot, and now thanks to you guys I have more places to search around for inspiration and new pieces to learn.

Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: johnbarnesiii] #2672769
09/04/17 01:47 PM
09/04/17 01:47 PM
Florida
dogperson Offline
Silver Subscriber
dogperson  Offline
Silver Subscriber

Florida
One source for 'grading' of music is pianosyllabus.com, which shows grading levels given by various testing groups (RCM, etc). Note that pianosyllabus grades scores HIGHER, generally, than Henle. (for example a 10 in pianosyllabus might be a 7-8 in Henle) . You can search by title, grade, composer. It does seem more comprehensive for the lower grade levels than Henle does, as Henle only obviously scores what it publishes. For example, Henle only lists Grade 1 with Composers of Bach, Mozart, Schumann and Turk

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
" I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho
Re: Where to find new pieces to learn? [Re: BDB] #2672779
09/04/17 02:57 PM
09/04/17 02:57 PM
New York
M
Medved1 Offline

Medved1  Offline

M

New York
Originally Posted by BDB
If you want to learn to read music well, you need to learn the notation until you understand it as well as you read your native language. Even then, you have to read it carefully, as you would have if you read "Haydn" instead of "Hayden." smile

oops! (no wonder I was having a hard time looking it up under pianosylabus.com.............)

Mason & Hamlin A ('97)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brendan, Kreisler 

Shop Our Online Store!
Shop Our Store Online
Shop PianoSupplies.com

Did you know Piano World has an online store, and that it's loaded with goodies pianists and music lovers want?
Check it out and place your order.

Special Purchase!
Keyboard and Roses Piano Bench Cushion Keyboard & Roses 14"x30" piano bench cushions Regularly sold for $79 to $100, now only $39. (while supplies last)

(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Octaves -- How to strengthen #5
by CebuKid. 03/23/19 12:18 PM
Chikering rebuilder
by pianoloverus. 03/23/19 10:08 AM
Who has gone to NAMM show?
by Jitin. 03/23/19 09:54 AM
Vienna album
by Sibylle. 03/23/19 05:04 AM
What's Hot!!
PIANO TEACHERS Please read this!
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics191,068
Posts2,809,866
Members92,847
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Sweetwater

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission