2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
58 members (Carey, Damyan, aMused, brendon, 36251, David B, Craig Hair, 17 invisible), 494 guests, and 415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Yamaha U3 or Albert Weber AW-131: which one do you recommend
Amirhsol #2668626 08/16/17 08:57 PM
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
Do I remember correctly that Feurichs are contract built by Hailun?

Amir,

Congratulations on the decision. May the piano make you happy for many years.

Kurt

**********************************************************************************************************
Co-owner (by marriage) and part time customer service rep at an electronic musical equipment repair shop.
KurtZ #2668640 08/16/17 10:17 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks, Kurt, for your kind words.
You're right re the way Feurich pianos are produced.

Best,
Amir

Can't accommodate an acoustic, but that doesn't mean my love of great digitals is a bit less fervent.
-- Piano Lover Forever
Amirhsol #2669259 08/19/17 02:00 PM
J
J
Congrats Amir. I've never tried the big Feurich, but the smaller one (122 ?) seemed like a nice piano at it's price point, and I tried a Hailun built big upright under another brand (Venables and Son here in the UK), and for the money it was superb. I have no doubt you'll be delighted with your choice

Jason74 #2669360 08/20/17 04:24 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by Jason74
Congrats Amir. I've never tried the big Feurich, but the smaller one (122 ?) seemed like a nice piano at it's price point, and I tried a Hailun built big upright under another brand (Venables and Son here in the UK), and for the money it was superb. I have no doubt you'll be delighted with your choice

Thanks, Jason74.
I haven't yet purchased the Feurich piano as I'm trying to use some insulation solutions first to make the room as sound-proof as possible. I've found a solution in the form of the following -- this is the image: http://www.stihvac.com/image/product_new_2014_06/3.jpg
Do you think if I install this on the walls of my room, on the window and the roof, I'll have a perfectly sound-proof room suitable for practicing at any time of day/night?

Cheers,
Amir

Can't accommodate an acoustic, but that doesn't mean my love of great digitals is a bit less fervent.
-- Piano Lover Forever
Amirhsol #2669364 08/20/17 06:03 AM
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Perfectly soundproof? Certainly not.

Currently working towards "Twinkle twinkle little star"
PhilipInChina #2669374 08/20/17 07:27 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by PhilipInChina
Perfectly soundproof? Certainly not.

So can it be titled moderately/reasonably sound-proof, suitable for practicing during the so-called odd hours of the day?

-- Piano Lover Forever
Amirhsol #2669865 08/22/17 05:16 PM
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
No. Perfectly soundproofed almost doesn't exist. As someone who has built 4 "soundproof" rooms, I'll tell you right now that correct usage and an understanding of how sound transmits between spaces is more important that any one "magic" material. The one you showed looks to be standard PU foam pyramids bonded to mass loaded vinyl. The foam has NO soundproofing use. It reduces mid and high frequency echo in the room. The mass loaded vinyl, if applied EVERYWHERE and in the correct manner, and ignoring any other design problems in the room will get you about 6-9 db of noise reduction. Noticeable but not massive reduction.

In a space that has to function as a living environment, getting significant sound reduction is neither easy or cheap. Hollow walls, shared HVAC ducts, and the giant sound holes that are windows and doors will always be a problem and difficult to correct if you don't own the property. If you really need to reduce sound, you should get a consultation with an architect or builder who has actually worked on noise reduction in spaces. They should see the room and create a priority list of what can and can't be treated. Failing this, it's really easy to spend a thousand dollars on product you found on the internet but only get about $100 worth of sound reduction.

Kurt

**********************************************************************************************************
Co-owner (by marriage) and part time customer service rep at an electronic musical equipment repair shop.
KurtZ #2669930 08/23/17 02:38 AM
A
OP Offline
A
All valid points, Kurt.
This has become one of the major dilemmas I've faced over the past couple of years -- and I've been through a good number of dilemmas and ordeals! On the one hand, I want this acoustic Feurich, but I don't want to give up my precious late-night and early-morning practice hours by my switch to an acoustic. The same can be said about holidays when I can spend more time at home and do want to squeeze as much as I can from my extra time. Sadly the "silent" option isn't available for Feurich pianos here. On the other, I do know that the switch to an acoustic is good for my technique given its superior touch and tone.
This has effectively stalled me for now. The ideal situation would be to keep my current digital and add an acoustic, but I don't have room for that. Neither can I add a small stage digital to an acoustic, so I have to live with one piano at the moment.

Cheers,
Amir

-- Piano Lover Forever
Amirhsol #2669975 08/23/17 06:44 AM
A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Amirhsol
All valid points, Kurt.
This has become one of the major dilemmas I've faced over the past couple of years -- and I've been through a good number of dilemmas and ordeals! On the one hand, I want this acoustic Feurich, but I don't want to give up my precious late-night and early-morning practice hours by my switch to an acoustic. The same can be said about holidays when I can spend more time at home and do want to squeeze as much as I can from my extra time. Sadly the "silent" option isn't available for Feurich pianos here. On the other, I do know that the switch to an acoustic is good for my technique given its superior touch and tone.
This has effectively stalled me for now. The ideal situation would be to keep my current digital and add an acoustic, but I don't have room for that. Neither can I add a small stage digital to an acoustic, so I have to live with one piano at the moment.

Cheers,
Amir

Look for a piano that has a digital system within it - this lets you play silently through headphones at night. Yamaha and Kawai both make them. I don't know about Feurich Weber etc. It seems like that's your only solution to your problem.

Amirhsol #2669986 08/23/17 08:06 AM
H
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
H
Amir, would the Feurich dealer be able to order the piano you like with the silent system installed ? extra cost would of course be involved, and maybe a delay both in terms of your budgeting and having the order filled, which probably involves transporting the right piano to your dealer. before my dear spouse communicated her life long dream to have a grand piano to me, considered getting a nice upright with such a system myself -- ironically it would have been a Pleyel, from one of the last years they existed as a manufacturer (unknown to me at the time of course). be patient, some obstacles dissolve as time passes.

huaidongxi #2670090 08/23/17 03:11 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by huaidongxi
Amir, would the Feurich dealer be able to order the piano you like with the silent system installed ? extra cost would of course be involved, and maybe a delay both in terms of your budgeting and having the order filled, which probably involves transporting the right piano to your dealer. before my dear spouse communicated her life long dream to have a grand piano to me, considered getting a nice upright with such a system myself -- ironically it would have been a Pleyel, from one of the last years they existed as a manufacturer (unknown to me at the time of course). be patient, some obstacles dissolve as time passes.

Thanks, huaidongxi. Honestly I haven't asked the dealer about the possibility of importing the Silent system upon customers' requests. But he told me if a customer wants a piano which requires importing, that'll take several months in order for that piano to reach here, and it'll end up being a more expensive piano. I assume the very same can apply to the Silent option.
Guess I should go ahead and order the Feurich 133, non-silent option immediately so as to acclimate others to the new situation ASAP <smile>! Seriously, thanks for the wise piece of advice you provided.

Best,
Amir

-- Piano Lover Forever
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
(ad) SWEETWATER Cyber Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Music Notation Question
by aMused - 12/02/20 09:45 AM
Inspection ethics
by bobrunyan - 12/02/20 09:45 AM
DIY Audio In
by Skyscrapersax - 12/02/20 05:04 AM
My opinion of builtin speakers vs monitors
by meghdad - 12/02/20 02:48 AM
Is it worth upgrading my FP-10 to RP501 or RP102?
by dcbluepiano - 12/02/20 02:12 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics203,201
Posts3,029,585
Members99,449
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission