2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
52 members (Chompoo, CountSmith, Carey, AJB, AndreaH, 80k, astrotoy, AprilE, 12 invisible), 3,728 guests, and 272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
B
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
B
Oh, I see now. When I saw the comment from Ralph L to me, I was assuming he was referring to Richard Clayderman, not to another forum member.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
S
S
Originally Posted by Sam S
Originally Posted by SMA55
Haha. Okay, it's obvious now that I misunderstood. My apologies. You see, there is a Richard here on the forum--zrtf90--who is an excellent pianist. And my assumption was that your were referring to him, thinking perhaps that he and Richard Clayderman are one and the same. I also wondered what Richard Clayderman was doing here on the Adult Beginners Forum, haha.

Has anybody ever seen Richard Clayderman and zrtf90 at the same time? just saying....

Sam

Yes, good point. There definitely could be a Clark Kent/Superman thing going on there.

S
S
17. dumka1 - Arabesque
Wow! That is some piano playing you did there! I am very impressed. I only wish your piano had been tuned and that you had recorded this with a close-mic technique, as this could have been a killer recording with that kind of tonal clarity. Wonderful work!

18. graceyang858 - Etude, Op.10 No.3 ( Theme )
Nice work. I think this may be your first recital with us. Welcome, and keep up the good work!

19. mel_lem (Melanie) - Wild Honeysuckle Rag
I enjoyed that! And you played it very well. In fact, I'd say you played it flawlessly. (I wonder what that would feel like if I could ever accomplish that.) :-)

20. niezapominajka90 /Lucy - Tango "Por Una Cabeza"
Wow, Lucy! That was very impressive. I love your technique. I'll hope to hear more recital submissions from you in the future.

21. Greener/Jeff - Solace
I enjoyed listening to this, Jeff. While I myself don't play ragtime, I definitely have an appreciation for some of the technical difficulties involved in playing it. I think you did a great job in meeting these challenges. Impressive!

D
D
Dear all, thanks for all the encouraging comments on my Arabesque submission. I've listened to the first 13 submissions so far and I'll give only some general feedback unless I know the piece well. It's only my second ABF recital but, again, I am so impressed by the high quality of playing and the variety of the repertoires. Everybody did a wonderful job. Both Chopin Nocturnes were fantastic--great job, SwissMS and SMA55 (and I was really enjoying your college love story, SMA55, until I realized you were joking :)). Ganddalf's performance inspired me to listen to Scriabin's preludes and perhaps try one of them in the future... I never play non-classical music, so it was very refreshing and enjoyable to listen to the songs/contemporary music performed by Peyton, Ralph L., Jerzyk19, and, of course, Monica K. (beautiful playing, and good luck with your surgery!!!). Thanks for introducing new composers, luckiest_charm and zsolpyW, very well done. zsolpyW, I was quite impressed with your performance, it sounded almost professional to me. Satie is always fun, well done, Marie J. Obviously, Romantic pieces, in addition to Chopin, were a pleasure to listen to--thanks, UnderConstruction and sinophilia. And, being a huge fan of Bach, I loved the Minuet by dancingfish. I thought for somebody who's been playing for such a short time, you did an excellent job: clean, crisp, rhythmical, with nice dynamics. Looking forward to listening to the rest (although work has been picking up...)

Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
09. Ralph L. - take a walk with me Very well played, liked the backing track also!

10. Jerzyk19 - Can't Help Falling In Love You played this piece beautifully, maybe I got a little misty there listening to it.

11. sinophilia - Traumerei op. 15 no. 7 One of my all time favorites, I loved your beautiful touch with it.

12. Monica K. - Happy Together I love this song! From way back when I was a little sprout listening to am radio! And well played.

13. zsolpyW - In the spiring brize This composer was also new to me, I really liked this piece. Your piano sounds great.

14. Riddler (Ed) - Night Dreamer Really enjoyed, great arrangement.

15. Moonsh1ne - Moonlight Sonata 1st Mvt (Op. 27 No.2) Sigh,such a beautiful piece.

16. cmb13 - Craig - Prelude 28.4 in E min Well done, another big sigh of delight from me at the beautiful final notes.

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]
D
D
17. dumka1 - Arabesque
Wow! That is some piano playing you did there! I am very impressed. I only wish your piano had been tuned and that you had recorded this with a close-mic technique, as this could have been a killer recording with that kind of tonal clarity. Wonderful work!

Thanks so much.I know I need to get better at recording. I'm not very technologically savvy (and a little lazy about figuring out technology), but I should probably get one of those Zoom devices. As for the piano, me and my two daughters are all playing piano, so it gets used quite a bit. The tuner will be coming in September... My dream is a baby grand, of course, but not sure we have room for it and it's quite an investment to get a really good instrument of that kind. Thanks again! I wish I could play the entire thing well consistently, but I'll be working on it...

Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
Oh, I see now. When I saw the comment from Ralph L to me, I was assuming he was referring to Richard Clayderman, not to another forum member.

Correct:)

Originally Posted by Sam S
Haha. Okay, it's obvious now that I misunderstood. My apologies. You see, there is a Richard here on the forum--zrtf90--who is an excellent pianist. And my assumption was that your were referring to him, thinking perhaps that he and Richard Clayderman are one and the same. I also wondered what Richard Clayderman was doing here on the Adult Beginners Forum, haha.

Has anybody ever seen Richard Clayderman and zrtf90 at the same time? just saying....

Sam

Yes, good point. There definitely could be a Clark Kent/Superman thing going on there.

LOL. We are having so much fun here.

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
next installment of comments:

26. my58vw / Amanda Swager - BWV Anh 114 and 115, Minuet in G Major and G Minor, Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach impressive - love the ornaments. But its faster than "usual". Is the minuet danced this fast? Slowing it down will take care of many of your slips and tempo fluctuations.

27. Piano_Primo - 2 Arias by JS Bach. - they are BWV 508 and 515. Nicely done - but are you using pedal? The harmonies sound like they are overlapping. In general, I would advise no pedal in Bach, or very little.

29. Moo smile - Sonata in C Major, 2nd Movement Sounds great - got to love Mozart...

30. Piano2138 - Aria Enlightening Thoughts of a Tobacco Smoker BWV 515 Very interesting - and enlightening! Thanks for playing this - never heard it before.

32. Alexander Borro - Morning prayer Op. 39 no 1. Excellent!

33. blackjack1777 - Sonatina in C Major (Op. 55 no. 1) Movement 1 Very well done. These things are too easy for kids but too difficult for adults. There is a lot involved in getting the style correct and you did a great job.

35. h8dk97 - Fantasia in D minor, K.397 I love this piece - always reminds me of an opera overture. Well done!

more to come...

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
17. dumka1 - Arabesque How much work you must have put into this! This is great, very impressed.

18. graceyang858 - Etude, Op.10 No.3 ( Theme ) Welcome to the recital, they are such fun. I really enjoyed listening to this piece, well done.

19. mel_lem (Melanie) - Wild Honeysuckle Rag Loved! Got my toe tapping, great mood, great playing.

20. niezapominajka90 /Lucy - Tango "Por Una Cabeza" Very dramatic, very romantic, really enjoyed

21. Greener/Jeff - Solace This was great, very nicely played.

22. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Op 168 N 1 Sonatina F major 1st Movement This is indeed charming, and I also agree that I didn't experience this as slow. One other thing: after I listened to this, I took my lunch break and found myself humming part of the melody, so success! smile

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]
B
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
B
A few more, bouncing around.

08. Peyton - The Poet Acts

I'm not familar with Glass. Not sure if I should be embarassed by that ;0 I'll have to listen to more of it. I enjoyed listening to your video! I think you did a great job with it.

16. cmb13 - Craig - Prelude 28.4 in E min

Very nice! I always enjoy listening to Chopin. Well done.

24. peterws - Another Simple Song

I always enjoy listening to your submissions, since they are original. When is your CD coming out? ;0

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

B
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
B
A few more ...

14. Riddler (Ed) - Night Dreamer

A relaxing piece. Well done. Maybe I'll learn jazz one day.

25. MeganR - March in E Flat Major BWV Anh 127

I think you did a great job with a difficult piece. Keep playing with you love.

26. my58vw / Amanda Swager - BWV Anh 114 and 115, Minuet in G Major and G Minor, Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach

Great job for only 4 months. Keep playing!

32. Alexander Borro - Morning prayer Op. 39 no 1.

Beautiful. Inspires me to go back and learn it ;0

33. blackjack1777 - Sonatina in C Major (Op. 55 no. 1) Movement 1

I'm not familar with this composer. As always, you're playing is very good. Not up on SoundCloud? I think I'll have to give this a try next year when I work through RCM 5.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
With quite a lot happening at home this week, I’m slow to get to this Recital. I’ve finally managed to start listening - and what a feast for the ears so far.

01. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Nocturne in Db Major Opus 27 No 2 Spellbindingly beautiful. The photos were an interesting accompaniment. Very special!

02. MarieJ - Gymnopedie No.3 A challenge (but now I’m off the hook for at least another 9 Recitals).

03. luckiest_charm - Krone A composer I’d never heard of before - and a very demanding piece. Nicely played - and congratulations on achieving so much in an amazingly short time.

04. UnderConstruction - Liszt - Consolation No. 3 A delicate and sensitive performance. I loved it.

05. dancingfish (Linda) - Minuet in G Major BWV Anh 116 Linda, I wish I’d sounded as confident as you do after a mere 8 months of self-teaching. Well done!

Last edited by MarieJ; 08/19/17 02:57 AM.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LXVI

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
A few more, bouncing around.

08. Peyton - The Poet Acts

I'm not familar with Glass. Not sure if I should be embarassed by that ;0

Definitely not!

I think that's one of the most interesting aspects of these recitals: being introduced to new composers and styles.
In every recital there's "new to me" surprise to enjoy.

Live and learn !

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
1000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
1000 Post Club Member
Where is Richard (zrtf90) by the way? He's not even in the recital. Holidays?

A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Listening to it now! smile

7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by sinophilia

I hope he's on holiday and having fun. He's such a regular, I am sorry he isn't in the program this time.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

B
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by casinitaly

Definitely not!

I think that's one of the most interesting aspects of these recitals: being introduced to new composers and styles.
In every recital there's "new to me" surprise to enjoy.

Live and learn !

Yes, I've certainly learned a lot by reading and listening to what can be found here. Lot's of great info, and sometimes bizarre info ;0

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

S
S
Originally Posted by casinitaly
Originally Posted by sinophilia

I hope he's on holiday and having fun. He's such a regular, I am sorry he isn't in the program this time.

It's my fear that, fueled and emboldened by a recent discussion we've had on this recital, he's now out there somewhere, impersonating Richard Clayderman.

B
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
B
Some more ...

05. dancingfish (Linda) - Minuet in G Major BWV Anh 116

Great job, nothing with trying something more challenging. Perhaps make some of the notes less staccato. Keep them detached though.

17. dumka1 - Arabesque

If you made mistakes, I wouldn't know. I can't possibly comment on such a long and challenging piece. I enjoyed listening though.

29. Moo smile - Sonata in C Major, 2nd Movement

Elegant, thumbs up on the video.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Learn to Burn!
by Dfrankjazz - 07/01/22 12:36 AM
Summer school in UK
by FarmGirl - 06/30/22 11:12 PM
Recommended tech in NYC?
by skern49 - 06/30/22 07:39 PM
UEFI / BIOS settings regarding CPU
by David Lai - 06/30/22 07:26 PM
When you play the real Rhodes...
by Rhodes74 - 06/30/22 06:23 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,754
Posts3,204,571
Members105,685
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission