Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
What's Hot!!
Mr. PianoWorld - the full interview
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
110 registered members (anotherscott, Alex873, AnnInMiami, almo82, cardguy2.0, belcanto2, Bass3645789, 27 invisible), 1,646 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Roland HP605 vs CASIO GP300 vs new Yamaha CLP675 #2650256
06/04/17 06:44 AM
06/04/17 06:44 AM
M
mb24 Offline OP
mb24  Offline OP
M

Hi to everyone!

Just looking for a good digital piano. Confused with the choice, can anyone help me please?
The price should be about 2500 euros, those ones are my favourite:
Casio celviano GP300
Roland HP605
The New Yamaha CLP675
Maybe another option ? Maybe KAWAI CA67?
I’ve been playing on CASIO, something tells me that it is not for me. The design as well is quiet ugly for me.
Roland seems great, supernatural system and sounds fantastic. Also it has Bluetooth (could be useful).
And then, there is the new YAMAHA CLP675, totally innovative, wood keys and powerful speakers (Bluetooth conection as well).

I’d like to hear your opinions, I know it’s personal, but it’s still important.

Thanks a lot !

Max

Last edited by mb24; 06/04/17 06:46 AM.
(ad) ROLAND

Click Here

Re: Roland HP605 vs CASIO GP300 vs new Yamaha CLP675 [Re: mb24] #2650358
06/04/17 01:43 PM
06/04/17 01:43 PM
oscar1 Offline
oscar1  Offline

GP is too new for casio, better wait for the refresh. I have feeling it was partially build to show off, not necessary for the substance. The GP400 seems better than 300... but still it is first gen.
Both HP and yamaha seems great choice - so it depends on the price. The 675 looks great on paper. There is hardly any downside of buying Roland or Yamaha so go with the budget/feel.

Casio PX-860, PX-150, Casio XW-P1, Roland jd-xi
Re: Roland HP605 vs CASIO GP300 vs new Yamaha CLP675 [Re: mb24] #2650443
06/04/17 05:23 PM
06/04/17 05:23 PM
United States
Rosewood17 Offline
Silver Subscriber
Rosewood17  Offline
Silver Subscriber

United States
Might want to check out the Roland LX-17. I haven't seen one in person but some people have said that they really like the sound of the eight acoustic projection speakers.

Roland LX-7
Started lessons in April, 2017
In progress: Alfred's Adult All-In-One Course: Lesson-Theory-Technic: Level 2 | Fundamentals of Piano Theory - Level 2 | Hanon: The Virtuoso Pianist in 60 Exercises
Re: Roland HP605 vs CASIO GP300 vs new Yamaha CLP675 [Re: mb24] #2650742
06/05/17 10:49 AM
06/05/17 10:49 AM
Germany
C
Canonbury Offline
Canonbury  Offline
C

Germany
Hi all,

I have a similar decision to make to replace my living room piano, a Casio AP 620. What bothers me about my piano in particular? Over the years it became more and more obvious to me, that the decay of the piano sound is unnaturally short. This gives a thin overall sound of my playing. As I sing with my playing pop/rock, I hardly ever play on headphones.
Therefore I had a test play session just a week ago. These were my impressions:

Roland HP 605: the typical Roland sound, what more can you say. Detailed, round and pleasant. The speaker system is good, but only second in my comparison. The user interface was the best to me, easier and more intuitive than the panels on the left side, simply because there are more physical buttons. The keybord is fine to me, also the sound system. Downsides: the other three piano voices do shade the different sound colours (1 bright, 1 soft, 1 mellow) However they seem to have all same dynamic characters, as if they share all the same basic tone, just with a few attributes set differently. Also: the other voices including the electric piano voices (which I do use to about 15%) seem outdated to me. That I did not expect in a Roland.

Casio celviano GP300: the keyboard is good to me. The three different piano sounds were all disappointing to me because of the sample quality. This and the inferior sound system gave a muffled sound. And the greatest disappointment: the decay is as bad as on my Casio AP 620, which is 8 years old.

Kawai CA67/CA97: actually this was just a comparison. I did not want any of them, because I have the ES8, which I play in our basement and like very much. But I want a variation in sound/playability for the living room. Anyway: the keyboard is great, the sound engine is well known from the ES8 and obviously fine to me. However, the sound system did not reflect the dynamic of the EX piano very well, as if there was a high filter. It sounded a bit flat overall. Plus, the sound system of the CA67 is weak in the bass sounds.

Yamaha CLP 575: turning on the machine, it pleased me right away. The keyboard was fine for me, not overwhelming, but fine. The CFX grand sound is highly dynamic from soft to metallic aggressive. The Bösendorfer sound however was a disappointment to me. Maybe with some tweaking I could get out more of it, but I would have expected a more sovereing overall quality of this sound. The user interface is okay for me, but not more, so tweaking is not so much fun. The speaker system is the best in my little contest from my point of view. And: the E piano sounds were all very enjoyable to me.

Yamaha CLP 675: was not available for test play. The vendor told me, that the Bösendorfer sound would be improved in the CLP 6** line. And the specs promise a further improvement of the keyboard and the speaker system plus bluetooth connection. Therefore I am curious to test play that in a few days. It will probably be my favourite, even thouth the CLP 575 is sold for about 500 EUR cheaper now.

P.S. you might have noticed: the keyboards were all fine to me. Maybe I am not overly picky with the keyboard, but my impression is the overall quality of keyboards has improved much.

Last edited by Canonbury; 06/05/17 10:56 AM.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Casio Celviano AP620 - to be replaced soon
Kawai ES8 & JBL LSR 305 speakers
(ad) SWEETWATER
Sweetwater - Lowest Prices on Gear
Re: Roland HP605 vs CASIO GP300 vs new Yamaha CLP675 [Re: mb24] #2651994
06/09/17 12:49 PM
06/09/17 12:49 PM
M
mb24 Offline OP
mb24  Offline OP
M

Hi to all and thank you for so detailed description of each one!

I need to make a decision this weekend and then buy it the next week, so unfortunately I have no time to test the Yamaha CLP675.
I guess, my decision is to get the Roland HP605. Its “supernatural system” sound is great. Of course I’d like to get the LX17 as well, but my budget is not enough.
Has anybody tested the Yamaha CLP675 to get some opinions and a comparison of that with the Roland HP605?
And Canonbury, how about your decision ? Which one is the best choice for you ?

Thanks to all !

Re: Roland HP605 vs CASIO GP300 vs new Yamaha CLP675 [Re: mb24] #2651999
06/09/17 01:02 PM
06/09/17 01:02 PM
J
jokke Offline
jokke  Offline
J

I would definitely consider the Kawai CA-67. I like the touch better than Roland and maybe also Casio, haven't tried the newest CLP6xx line so no comment there. I have the CS-11 myself and like it a lot, and the action is the same.

Re: Roland HP605 vs CASIO GP300 vs new Yamaha CLP675 [Re: mb24] #2652007
06/09/17 01:29 PM
06/09/17 01:29 PM
United States
Rosewood17 Offline
Silver Subscriber
Rosewood17  Offline
Silver Subscriber

United States

Originally Posted by mb24

I need to make a decision this weekend and then buy it the next week, so unfortunately I have no time to test the Yamaha CLP675.
I guess, my decision is to get the Roland HP605. Its “supernatural system” sound is great. Of course I’d like to get the LX17 as well, but my budget is not enough.

HP605 has the same sound engine and keyboard action as the LX-17. Also it has the same sound engine and keyboard action as the LX-7, which I have--and I can just share with you my experience with it which is that I am very happy with it. It just feels and sounds "right" to me. (Note: I might have been happy with other brands, too. But I am just sharing my experience with the one I am familiar with.)

Roland LX-7
Started lessons in April, 2017
In progress: Alfred's Adult All-In-One Course: Lesson-Theory-Technic: Level 2 | Fundamentals of Piano Theory - Level 2 | Hanon: The Virtuoso Pianist in 60 Exercises
Re: Roland HP605 vs CASIO GP300 vs new Yamaha CLP675 [Re: mb24] #2652009
06/09/17 01:32 PM
06/09/17 01:32 PM
Germany
C
Canonbury Offline
Canonbury  Offline
C

Germany
Originally Posted by mb24
Hi to all and thank you for so detailed description of each one!

Has anybody tested the Yamaha CLP675 to get some opinions and a comparison of that with the Roland HP605?
And Canonbury, how about your decision ? Which one is the best choice for you ?

Thanks to all !

My dealer told me, he will have the CLP685 and CLP675 in the showroom next week. Hope I can make it the next week or the week after to test them. I will let you know.

Re: Roland HP605 vs CASIO GP300 vs new Yamaha CLP675 [Re: mb24] #2653171
06/13/17 02:36 PM
06/13/17 02:36 PM
Germany
C
Canonbury Offline
Canonbury  Offline
C

Germany
Today I have tested the two new Yamahas CLP 685 and CLP 675. I went there with the intending a last test play before my decicion to buy a piano. And the decision was clear to me by 80 %, because the last time the CLP 575 was fine for me with just a few flaws and these flaws were supposed to be sorted out in the successor, the CLP 675.
So I sat down at the CLP 675 and started playing and ... actually I was surprised if not shocked by ... the action. The action was fine for me in the CLP 575, but this one was so much firmer. Then I compared it to the CLP 685, but that was practically the same to me (the counterweights do not do much difference to me). It just takes much more power in the fingers to strike a key than the action in the CLP 575/585. And not only that: it is firm in the beginning (first mm to push down), then becomes softer, whereas the action in the CLP 575/585 requires a more constant power to push a key the whole way down.
The vendor told me, I should put emphasis on the sound, and I would get used to any quality action. Actually I did get used to it after a while. But I will have to testplay again before buying.
What about the flaws in the CLP575 compared to the CLP675?
- Bösendorfer sound: has improved, there is more dynamic in it. Although to my ear it still takes some tweaking, e.g. I would always leave the virtual lid open.
- the user menu has slightly improved, at least the "Transpose" functionality is quicker to access now.
- the new sound system is very good, although the CLP575 sound system was good already. Unfortunately I could not compare it side-by-side to the CLP575
- the Bluetooth functionality is definitely a plus for me personally

By the way: the sound via headphones (binaural) is really really great. It's a pity I will hardly use it.
Also in my focus is the Roland HP605. However, the overall sound via speakers seems a bit thin compared to the Yamaha. Also the Yamaha CFX sound seems more dynamic and has more expression to me, the best sound for my purpose (rock, alternative rock plus singing)

My decision is not final yet. I am even thinking about a bargain CLP 575 or 585

Re: Roland HP605 vs CASIO GP300 vs new Yamaha CLP675 [Re: mb24] #2658592
07/03/17 11:59 AM
07/03/17 11:59 AM
M
MacGyver2 Offline
MacGyver2  Offline
M

Hi everyone,
I have a very similar question, so I though in continuing this thread.
I'm trying to decide between the roland hp603 and the Yamaha clp635. I know the hp603 has the same engine as the hp605, but the Yamaha clp635 has some lower specs wrt clp675.
Would you recommend me one over the other?
I'm a real beginner so I can't really appreciate the differences. I hope I can do as I progress so, I would like to make the right purchase.
I narrow the decision to this two as per my budget and availability in my local distributor.
I'll appreciate any comments.
Thanks

Moderated by  Piano World 

(ad)
Sweetwater - Keyboards
Sweetwater
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Problem with sound on Yamaha DGX-630?
by Sophiex. 11/17/18 06:34 PM
YAMAHA FC3 SUSTAIN PEDAL SQUEAKS
by MooganDavid. 11/17/18 06:28 PM
Purchased Baldwin R Grand. What to expect...
by Ecogirl2206. 11/17/18 06:08 PM
Great pianists who don't/didn't play Liszt
by pianoloverus. 11/17/18 05:54 PM
DP around $ 1000
by orangeman. 11/17/18 05:51 PM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Petrof
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics188,386
Posts2,762,025
Members91,513
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Please Support Our Advertisers
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Sweetwater

PianoTeq Petrof
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission