2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, 12 invisible), 1,892 guests, and 260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
OP Offline
C
Hi, I am new to these forums, and have 2 of my kids learning piano. I had a question about the guild exams, and accidentally discovered this forum as I was looking up for information. If any teacher who does guild exams with their students can shed some light on the question I have below, appreciate it so much. Thanks in advance.

So, my daughter auditioned for the High school diploma in Social music at the National level for the the American College of musicians Guild auditions. She got a certificate, a pin and report card. The teacher took copies of the stub and report card, as well as a picture of my daughter. She said she has to send these back to the Texas office along with the original pre-approval card. But she did not tell me what this process is done for, in other words why they need it back.

So, I looked up on the pianoguild.com website for more information, and I just saw this note on the diploma approval form:
Note to Teacher:
Please attach this approved Program Card to the combination Report Card Certificate of your diploma candidate and deliver to the judge at the time of your auditions. Following auditions, you must return this Program Approval Card and copies of the inner Report Card and Stub to P.O Box 2215, Austin, Texas 78768-2215.

So, can someone please shed some light on why they need the copies of our report cards and the original pre-approval card sent back by the teacher? After it is sent, will the Guild office send any other certificate or document to us? If the teacher does not send these materials back to them for some reason, , is her diploma not valid? Our teacher also took a $30 check and did not explain why. I asked her once, but she did not explain, and I am very uncomfortable to ask her again.

My daughter is in junior year, and does not want to pursue piano classes now that she finished her diploma. So if we give her a notice we will quit in a month from now starting August, I am afraid she might not complete the procedure of sending these materials back tot he Guild office. This is also the reason I wanted to know why they need the original approval card. Our teacher has this card in her possession. She told me the guild office is closed and she won't send it till the second week of August.

Also, when I saw online, I saw that the High school diploma certificates had "High School Diploma in Social Music" clearly written on it. The certificate we got this year, has only 'National Member Preparatory Class, 2017, Section D ' written on it. Is this the Diploma certificate, or will they get another one later after the Guild office gets back the program pre-approval card?

I know these are a lot of questions, but I will really appreciate if someone can give me any information about this process. Thanks again!

P
P
I am not a teacher. But my teacher has her student taking the national guild high school diploma every year. It is normal that the students quit after they get the diploma and my teacher expect that. The time when the student take the exam to the time they actually receive the diploma certificate is about six months. My teacher will invite those student back to next recital and recognize them at the recital and she will say words to congratulate them and hand out their certificates. So far Year after year only one student has kept taking lesson after received the diploma. So, I don't think you should worry.

In Progress:
1.Debussy Arabasque1
2. Czerny 740 no 3
3. Mozart Sonata K330 1st Movement
4. Bach Prelude and Fugue in C Major

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission