Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!


SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
119 registered members (adamjh, anamnesis, Albert Brighten, AlanB, ando, 30 invisible), 1,952 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2654719 - 06/18/17 11:13 PM Keith Snell piano grade level  
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 164
pianofan1017 Online content
Full Member
pianofan1017  Online Content
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 164
Not sure if anyone is using Keith Snell method grade level repertoire out there? My teacher has started me on level 7 repertoire book and she wants me to learn all the pieces from that book. Just curious to see if anyone out there using this and how good is this? I searched online and looks like this has a total of ten levels and how difficult is the level 10?


In Progress:
1.Debussy Arabasque1
2. Czerny 740 no 3
3. Mozart Sonata K330 1st Movement
4. Bach Prelude and Fugue in C Major
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2654720 - 06/18/17 11:29 PM Re: Keith Snell piano grade level [Re: pianofan1017]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
Australia
I used book levels four and five, I thought it was a great series and might have continued if I hadn't started the exam route. I liked the books themselves, thought they were nicely edited. The books I used seemed to me to roughly equivalent to ABRSM grades.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2654777 - 06/19/17 08:47 AM Re: Keith Snell piano grade level [Re: pianofan1017]  
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 164
pianofan1017 Online content
Full Member
pianofan1017  Online Content
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 164
Thanks earlofmar for the comments. I am also doing ABRSM exam. The only thing is ABRSM only have up to grade 8 and this series have 10 levels. So I am not sure how to match it up. I am planning on to take the ABRSM grade 8 in a year or two. Which grade in Keith Snell I should be playing to prepare for that?


In Progress:
1.Debussy Arabasque1
2. Czerny 740 no 3
3. Mozart Sonata K330 1st Movement
4. Bach Prelude and Fugue in C Major
#2654780 - 06/19/17 08:54 AM Re: Keith Snell piano grade level [Re: pianofan1017]  
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 177
cmb13 Online content
Full Member
cmb13  Online Content
Full Member

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 177
Boca Raton, FL
This one goes up to eleven! crazy


Boston 118 PE
(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
#2654888 - 06/19/17 04:14 PM Re: Keith Snell piano grade level [Re: pianofan1017]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,082
Australia
Originally Posted by pianofan1017
Thanks earlofmar for the comments. I am also doing ABRSM exam. The only thing is ABRSM only have up to grade 8 and this series have 10 levels. So I am not sure how to match it up. I am planning on to take the ABRSM grade 8 in a year or two. Which grade in Keith Snell I should be playing to prepare for that?


Far be it from me to be advising someone doing grade eight. I would be using something like this to check the content match what you should be attempting.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2654931 - 06/19/17 07:26 PM Re: Keith Snell piano grade level [Re: pianofan1017]  
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 987
Qazsedcft Online content
500 Post Club Member
Qazsedcft  Online Content
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 987
Toronto, Canada
I had a look at the table of contents of Keith Snell Piano Repertoire level 7 and it looks like the pieces are about grade 6 ABRSM (e.g. Bach Inventions, Beethoven op. 49/2, Chopin op. 28/20).

The level 10 looks like grade 8 (e.g. WTC P&F, Mozart K 330, Fantaisie-Impromptu, Claire de lune).


[Linked Image][Linked Image]
#2654960 - 06/19/17 09:14 PM Re: Keith Snell piano grade level [Re: pianofan1017]  
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 164
pianofan1017 Online content
Full Member
pianofan1017  Online Content
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 164
Thanks Qazsedcft. I will take a look at level 10.


In Progress:
1.Debussy Arabasque1
2. Czerny 740 no 3
3. Mozart Sonata K330 1st Movement
4. Bach Prelude and Fugue in C Major

Moderated by  BB Player, casinitaly 

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.


Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas


(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A Specific C2 Question
by Kindgrind. 06/25/17 09:00 PM
First Public Appearence
by Qazsedcft. 06/25/17 07:43 PM
For Gould geeks.....
by bennevis. 06/25/17 04:56 PM
What pieces to play next?
by Erin Xu. 06/25/17 03:44 PM
Six Emperors
by BruceD. 06/25/17 02:12 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics180,452
Posts2,639,017
Members88,184
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Check It Out!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers


 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |


copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0