2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
26 members (Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, JohnCW, Kawai James, Fried Chicken, 8 invisible), 1,255 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
BDB Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
B
One thing I am missing is the button to go to the index of the area that you have posted to. I realize that you can go up to the top of the page, and click on it (here it would be Piano Forum in this:
Piano World Home Page > Forums > Piano Forum > Problems with New Forums? Report It Here!), but the button at the bottom was easier to get to and to understand.

Semipro Tech
In addition to the problems I mentioned on May 17, when using Internet Explorer with Windows 7 I cannot post a comment by just using the "post reply" button. he page just freezes and I have to refresh the page to complete the posting.

"These included the forum freezing for around 20 seconds when using Firefox and Windows 7 when I go back to a forum after opening a thread on that forum."

The above problem seems to have been fixed. THANK YOU!

P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
It certainly has not been fixed.

It still occurs about 90% of the time on my iPad and my Windows 10 platforms. Very frustrating. It used to be caused by Java scripts. The problem disappeared when I disabled Java scripts. I'll try that and report back.

P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Disabling Java scripts fixes the problem. This is a very poor coding sequence.

Obviously you can't post anything if Java scripts are disabled. Very frustrating.

From an earlier post I made:
"These included the forum freezing for around 20 seconds when using Firefox and Windows 7 when I go back to a forum after opening a thread on that forum."

The above problem seems to have been fixed. THANK YOU!

Now I'm using my other computer with Windows 10 and Firefox and the above problem is still there. I'd guess a huge percentage of PW members use the same browser and version of Windows.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 06/02/17 01:00 PM.
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
The only problem I am having (using Google and Windows 10) is occasional lengthy delays in logging in. Whether it's the first screen (You are not logged in. Please log in) or the second screen where I am asked to log in with my user name and password.

This also happens on occasion when I want to move from one Forum to another or even one thread to another.

Occasionally, losing patience, I opt to quit the log-in screen, or wherever I am on the site, go back to my browser and start the process over again which (usually) gets me into the site almost instantaneously. But it's a little frustrating when I am already on the PW website, to have to restart the process when I can't make my next move.

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
I am finding the system terribly slow when accessing PMs. It takes forever to load the page and open the PMs.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Hard for me to pin down the issues because I'm not experiencing them on my Windows 10 system using Firefox.

I would suggest everyone make sure they have the latest iteration of your browser, which you should do anyway for security reasons.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and maintain a list of the issues to share with the developers.

- Frank B.

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

A
Bronze Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Piano World
Originally Posted by Almaviva
I am using an HP PC with Windows 10. I also use an HP PC with Windows XP at work. I am experiencing the same problem on both computers.

I refer you to the recent Piano Forum thread "Rebuilt Blüthner Patent grand (not mine)", created by Joe80. A number of bloggers have replied to this thread with video clips that they have posted. Not all of the video clips work now. One clicks on the video clip, and one gets the message "An error occurred. Please try again later".

SOME of the video clips are working after the update, but they were ALL working fine before the update.

Almaviva,
I'm not seeing any problems with the videos, can you point me to specific ones that aren't working for you?

Best,
Frank B.

Frank, the post numbers are 2641366 and 2641375, both of which were posted by "Miguel Rey" on May 8, 2017. The video clips included in these posts worked fine before the update; now they don't.

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
I am using an HP PC with Windows 10. I also use an HP PC with Windows XP at work. I am experiencing the same problem on both computers.

I refer you to the recent Piano Forum thread "Rebuilt Blüthner Patent grand (not mine)", created by Joe80. A number of bloggers have replied to this thread with video clips that they have posted. Not all of the video clips work now. One clicks on the video clip, and one gets the message "An error occurred. Please try again later".

SOME of the video clips are working after the update, but they were ALL working fine before the update.

Almaviva,
I'm not seeing any problems with the videos, can you point me to specific ones that aren't working for you?

Best,
Frank B.

Frank, the post numbers are 2641366 and 2641375, both of which were posted by "Miguel Rey" on May 8, 2017. The video clips included in these posts worked fine before the update; now they don't.

The issue is with videos that have extra code in their links. Some of them have additional parameters indicating what YouTube channel the video is on, and/or other data. Turns out allowing the extra code could present a security risk.
The new version of the forums won't display the videos if they have the extra code, they need to be just the basic YouTube link.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Slow loading of pages is common on both my iPad and my windows 10 computers running windows explorer 11xxx. This is fixed by disabling Java scripts.

It is not consistent, howevever, even with Java scripts enabled. Roughly 10% of the time the pages load nearly instantaneously.

iOS 10.3.2

windows 10 latest updates daily automated

Last edited by prout; 06/02/17 03:38 PM.
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by prout
Slow loading of pages is common on both my iPad and my windows 10 computers running windows explorer 11xxx. This is fixed by disabling Java scripts.

It is not consistent, however, even with Java scripts enabled. Roughly 10% of the time the pages load nearly instantaneously.

I've asked the IT guy from the place where we host Piano World to take a look, he's very good and he may discover a glitch somewhere, or a way to tweak some settings.
In the meantime, please keep posting in this thread if you are experiencing any problems. Remember it helps to provide the details, including which browser and what version, as well as which Operating System you are using.

Thanks,
Frank B.
Piano World

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
It is interesting that this same Java Script issue causing slow loading pages cropped up in February 2016 when the 'Language' select button was added. It was apparently fixed.

7000 Post Club Member

7000 Post Club Member
Hard for me to pin down the issues because I'm not experiencing them on my Windows 10 system using Firefox.

- Frank B.

I'm using Windows 10 and Firefox too! Weird..... and we just upgraded recently to fibre optic internet services.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

E
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
E
I'm using Windows 8 and Firefox browser on a 2 year old desktop PC. There are two major problems:

1. The width of the forum is much narrower than before, so there's a lot more scrolling. In "Forums," I used to be able to see everything down to Piano Teacher's Forum all at once; now I can see only Piano Forum (the top-listed forum); then I have to scroll to see ABF, PC, PTF, etc. I'm in the Coffee layout, as before.

2. After I go into a forum, click on a topic and read, I can't get back to the topic list, or even scroll down the page. My computer seems to hang up for a minute or more. It's like the days of dial-in modems! I never had any wait moving between topics in the old version of PW. (I see this was also reported by pianoloverus above.)

As per casinitaly, we also have fiber optic Internet services.

I don't experience either of these problems on my Samsung Android smartphone, but that's not my preferred way to access PW.

Thank you to Frank for the upgrades and the trouble-shooting effort.

This all makes me wonder why the site software had to be changed at all?
I see very little that's good and a whole lot that's bad.

I know Frank is not responsible for the BB software, so it's not his fault.
But I wonder just who produces this faulty software?

D
Platinum Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Platinum Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
D
iPad and Mac OS X with updated Firefox slow for me too.

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
This all makes me wonder why the site software had to be changed at all?
I see very little that's good and a whole lot that's bad.

I know Frank is not responsible for the BB software, so it's not his fault.
But I wonder just who produces this faulty software?

MacMacMac,
The changes were made for security reasons, and to make the forums more in compliance with the mandates from the W3C and the big search engines for compatibility with mobile devices. It was a major undertaking for them to make it so it handles the millions of posts that already exist, and they knew their would be issues. They (the developers) are hard at work on the next iteration, which we hope will address many of the issues with this one.

In the meantime I've learned it sometimes helps to try a different browser.

Patience grasshopper, we will get there.

Best,
Frank B.
Piano World

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

E
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
E
In the few days since my 6/2 post, things have improved considerably: the spacing of the central column (between the ads on either side) has gotten wider, much more like the view in the previous edition. There are fewer "hangups" using the Firefox browser. So, my thanks to Frank and the software team for whatever magic they used to make this work better.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission