2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
36 members (bwv543, Cominut, Colin Miles, Andre Fadel, BWV846, Animisha, alexcomoda, Calavera, 10 invisible), 1,197 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
J van E Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I am looking for the original score of Carefree stroll from Kohler. Problem: my method book doesn't say from with original book it comes or what the original (German) title is. I am having a hard time finding ANY score for that matter because no additional information is given. I also have the idea beginner's book often have altered pieces which can be fine but I'd like to play the original.

Does anyone here have a tip on you to search for originals? Like Carefree stroll from Kohler? I can't find any info about it at all. I'd like to find the originals for ALL the pieces I am learning so any tip would be appreciated. wink

E
E
IMSLP has several works by Köhler, I don't know if it is in there somewhere, but it is worth a try.

E
E
http://imslp.org/wiki/Category:Köhler,_Louis

J
J van E Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yes, thanks, but I found that one already, I should have mentioned that, sorry. The problem is that I have no clue what the original title is or from which book it comes so I'd have to download everything just to find this one piece. But maybe I should. wink

B
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
B
You might be able to narrow down your search by translating the title into German.

Maybe sorgfältig Spaziergang? wink

If music be the food of love, play on!
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I never looked at the Köhler section before on IMSLP. There is some really interesting stuff in there.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by David Farley
I never looked at the Köhler section before on IMSLP. There is some really interesting stuff in there.

Well, I took a "carefree stroll" through the Köhler section to see if I could find it. No luck. I suspect it's either a one-off or something that Köhler himself did not name but had that title slapped on later. Good luck.

E
E
Carefree Stroll in German would be "Sorgenfreier Spaziergang"... I just took another look at the IMSLP stuff and I think that it might actually be impossible to find this piece, unless someone wants to collect all of Köhler's works.... Opus numbers up to 300 seem a bit much to search for just the one little piece! Although I must admit I share J van E's curiosity.

E
E
BTW, there are tons of little pieces that appear in piano collections where I'd say it is impossible to find any original version. W.F. Bach's Allegro in A comes to mind, which I have in 3 different versions, one of which attributed to Hässler. Or the Notebook for Wolfgang, pieces from which appear in many piano methods (at least in Germany) and which to my knowledge is a fake by the original "editor".

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
I am hampered somewhat by vague memory, but, I once became very interested in a beginner piece, by Kohler, I think. As I usually do, I set out to research more of his compositions in the hope of finding more that I liked. Somewhere along the way, I came upon information suggesting that my piece was part of a collection named "Flower Basket", or something like that. However, I was never able to come up with that collection, or any parts thereof, anywhere.

If the piece you need is within that collection, I wish you luck in finding it. And, would appreciate a report of where you found it, if you are successful.

Again, my memory of this is vague. The "Flower Basket" collection might be by some other composer that crossed my desk along the way, but, I think it was Kohler.

Good luck!

Ralph

Kawai VPC1
Garritan CFX
Pianist since April, 2015
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
I am hampered somewhat by vague memory, but, I once became very interested in a beginner piece, by Kohler, I think. As I usually do, I set out to research more of his compositions in the hope of finding more that I liked. Somewhere along the way, I came upon information suggesting that my piece was part of a collection named "Flower Basket", or something like that. However, I was never able to come up with that collection, or any parts thereof, anywhere.

If the piece you need is within that collection, I wish you luck in finding it. And, would appreciate a report of where you found it, if you are successful.

Again, my memory of this is vague. The "Flower Basket" collection might be by some other composer that crossed my desk along the way, but, I think it was Kohler.

Good luck!

Ralph

Kawai VPC1
Garritan CFX
Pianist since April, 2015

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission