2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
47 members (Carey, Dalem01, Cheeeeee, danno858, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, 8 invisible), 2,051 guests, and 320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Online Content
When I am looking at a particular thread and then click to go back to the main forum the thread is on my computer freezes for about 20 seconds. This could be a problem with my computer but I don't have this problem on other sites. The problem started MAYBE 3-4 days ago although I'm not sure whether it was right after the most recent changes were made to the PW site..I'm using Firefox with Windows 7.

HELP!! smile

Last edited by pianoloverus; 05/18/17 04:47 PM.
OP Online Content
I just tried using Internet Explorer and an even worse problem occurred. If I sign in and click "Keep me logged in", I immediately lose my logged in status when I go back to the forum?!?!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by pianoloverus
I just tried using Internet Explorer and an even worse problem occurred. If I sign in and click "Keep me logged in", I immediately lose my logged in status when I go back to the forum?!?!

I've had this problem from day 1. I just never click that box. It makes no difference; I stay logged in anyway.

SRF
OP Online Content
Originally Posted by SiFi

I've had this problem from day 1. I just never click that box. It makes no difference; I stay logged in anyway.
Yes, this seems to work although it means there is still a glitch in the log in procedure.
I also found that in Internet Explorer the 20 second freeze does not seem to occur.

Hopefully, the freezing problem with Firefox and Windows 7 can be fixed(assuming it's a PW problem and not a problem with my computer). If this is a general problem, I thing it would affect thousands of users.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 05/18/17 06:26 PM.
T
T
I think the general performance of the new redesign is not good. It's significantly slower. I also feel the "freeze" when I'm refreshing a page.

--------------------------
Bach WTC 1 #7
Brahms Op 76 #1, Op 118 #5
Debussy Suite Bergamasque
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I'm not having any of the above problems with Chrome, but I've lost the "Hop To" function so I have to back arrow to return to the Pianist's Corner page.

Best regards,

Deborah
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by gooddog
I'm not having any of the above problems with Chrome, but I've lost the "Hop To" function so I have to back arrow to return to the Pianist's Corner page.

You can also scroll to the top of the page and use the breadcrumbs to take you back. But that's also a bit of a pain. I have no idea what would have prompted them to remove that very useful feature! confused

SRF
D
D
I'm having a different problem. The adds on each side of the page have gotten bigger leaving the text of the actual forum in the middle narrow, scrunched up and irritating to read.

Music does not have to be understood;
It has to be listened to.
- Hermann Scherchen.
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member

Delete your IE history including browser stored passwords. Next time you log in PianoWorld tick the remember me again and it should stick.

I don't use IE and use Chrome and Firefox and they do work the way I have described.

Ian

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by D. S. F.
I'm having a different problem. The adds on each side of the page have gotten bigger leaving the text of the actual forum in the middle narrow, scrunched up and irritating to read.

I used an adblocker to remove those a long time ago, but they are now gone from my phone without any trickery on my part. There used to be some buttons at the bottom of the page I used for navigation that are gone now. For me, browser freezing just seems to happen, particularly with Firefox. I chock some of that up to my refusal to upgrade from Vista because it happens across the board particularly when videos are involved.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Damon
I chock some of that up to my refusal to upgrade from Vista because it happens across the board particularly when videos are involved.

Dude, Vista?? As John would say, "You cannot be serious!"

SRF
OP Online Content
Another problem seems to have started occurring when I use Internet Explorer and Windows 7. When I try and post a comment the computer freezes and I have to refresh the screen to finish posting. I don't think this occurred before today.

D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D
Turned off the ad-blocker and still have to go back to the top of the page to move on, very annoying! Now there's a tweet button and a like button (facebook I assume). I don't know why anyone would use these on this site.

Last edited by Damon; 05/21/17 10:53 AM. Reason: As soon as I posted this, the sidebar ads disappeared
D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by SiFi
I chock some of that up to my refusal to upgrade from Vista because it happens across the board particularly when videos are involved.

Dude, Vista?? As John would say, "You cannot be serious!"

I would still be using my Atari if it was fast enough to render the graphics.

E
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
E
Same problem wits as others reported with Firefox. I have to scroll and scroll to see the top seven or so forums, and feel slowed down once I open a topic. I've been avoiding PW since it has become so laborious. I'm using my Android phone right now...a much better if tinier option. Hope the interface with Firefox can be adjusted.

Working on: Schumann, Faschingsschwank aus Wien Op. 26; Mozart Piano Sonata No. 10 in C major, K. 330; Grieg, 25 Norwegian Folk Songs and Dances, 0p. 17 (selections)
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Turned off the ad-blocker and still have to go back to the top of the page to move on, very annoying! Now there's a tweet button and a like button (facebook I assume). I don't know why anyone would use these on this site.

Those Tweet and Like functions are also very sloppily rendered. Most of us may be amateur pianists, but some of us are IT professionals and I would suspect that none of us is particularly impressed by the performance of the design/development team that implemented these upgrades! (Now I have to click on Use Full Editor and reposition the cursor so I can add an icon.) frown frown. frown

Last edited by SiFi; 05/23/17 08:06 AM.

SRF
E
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
E
How do I edit the typo in my post? I think there used to be an Edit button.

Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Originally Posted by ElaineAllegro
How do I edit the typo in my post? I think there used to be an Edit button.

There still is an "Edit" button and, as before, it is only available for a limited time after a post has been made. Once that time has elapsed, the edit function is no longer available.

Next time you post, you'll see the "Edit" button; it will be the first of those along the bottom of the post.

I just added this sentence by using the "Edit" button.

Regards,

Last edited by BruceD; 05/25/17 01:07 AM. Reason: To prove to EA that editing of a post is possible.

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission