2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (brennbaer, accordeur, antune, Colin Miles, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, 11 invisible), 1,823 guests, and 309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
PW Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
PW Gold Subscriber
S
Using Google Chrome and Windows 10, the 'Forum Help' does not display the answers

Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Almaviva
I am using an HP PC with Windows 10. I also use an HP PC with Windows XP at work. I am experiencing the same problem on both computers.

I refer you to the recent Piano Forum thread "Rebuilt Blüthner Patent grand (not mine)", created by Joe80. A number of bloggers have replied to this thread with video clips that they have posted. Not all of the video clips work now. One clicks on the video clip, and one gets the message "An error occurred. Please try again later".

SOME of the video clips are working after the update, but they were ALL working fine before the update.

Almaviva,
I'm not seeing any problems with the videos, can you point me to specific ones that aren't working for you?

Best,
Frank B.

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by dogperson
Using Google Chrome and Windows 10, the 'Forum Help' does not display the answers

dogperson,
What happens when you click the Forum Help link?
Do you get the list of questions, but can't get them to expand with the answers, or do you not get the list to begin with?

BTW, I tried it with Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome, using Windows 10.
It worked on all of them for me.

Best,
Frank B.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

S
PW Gold Subscriber
PW Gold Subscriber
S
Originally Posted by Piano World
Originally Posted by dogperson

dogperson,
What happens when you click the Forum Help link?
Do you get the list of questions, but can't get them to expand with the answers, or do you not get the list to begin with?

BTW, I tried it with Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome, using Windows 10.
It worked on all of them for me.

Best,
Frank B.

I get the list of questions, but cannot get them to expand to display the answers. FWIW: I have a touch screen

D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Almaviva
I am using an HP PC with Windows 10. I also use an HP PC with Windows XP at work. I am experiencing the same problem on both computers.

I refer you to the recent Piano Forum thread "Rebuilt Blüthner Patent grand (not mine)", created by Joe80. A number of bloggers have replied to this thread with video clips that they have posted. Not all of the video clips work now. One clicks on the video clip, and one gets the message "An error occurred. Please try again later".

SOME of the video clips are working after the update, but they were ALL working fine before the update.

I get the same problem. The video clip of Benjamin Grosvenor works. The others don't. Same error message as Almaviva got.

I am using Windows 8.1 with Chrome.

A
Bronze Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
A
Frank, the post numbers are 2641366 and 2641375, both of which were posted by "Miguel Rey" on May 8, 2017. The video clips included in these posts worked fine before the update; now they don't.

Last edited by Almaviva; 05/17/17 10:15 PM.
Define:
Agree with prout. Just uploaded two pictures to the Photo Gallery, but when using Safari on my Mac AND Internet Explorer or MS Edge on Windows 10, I no longer see the links to the three image options for thumbnail, medium, large. I can copy the link to the gallery html site, but I can no longer determine what the links are to each of the two uploaded .jpg images in the gallery. Never had this problem before...

Investigate:
From Image Manager, I can see a very tiny 8519 and 8520 next to the uploaded figures, but I'd be darned if I remember the standard syntax associated with accessing these links as thumbnails, medium or large.

Verify:
Ahhh... I found an old text "cheat file" with the syntax on my computer. When I use this syntax, with the image numbers displayed in the new Image Manager, I get the two photos to appear in my PW post!
Here is the syntax:
[Linked Image]

Ensure:
Two New Mason & Hamlin Semi-Concert Grand 7'0" Model BBs #93999 and #94000 undergoing final quality inspection at the Haverhill, MA Piano Factory on Tuesday, May 16, 2017.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Jason Solomonides
Mason & Hamlin 7' BB 93623
Yamaha 6'1" C3 (w/WNG) D3010008
My Piano Recordings:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkP65I5BsNipAaT6BbTL-A7ibPdOv0DEZ
Mason & Hamlin Artist
J
J
I can't seem to stop the emails. I receive emails for every post. I checked to receive emails for PM that is when it started. It has been several days since I have checked no in all boxes related to email and still receiving endless emails.

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Sounds like you checked "follow" in a thread if they are coming from a specific thread.
Look for Thread Options near the top of the thread, click it and choose "unfollow"

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

J
J
Sorry, but that's not it some of them are asking to follow so I thought maybe It was the user but not that either. I think I am receiving every post.

Online Content
Please see these threads for my problems and some replies:
https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre...roblem-with-the-pw-site.html#Post2644822
https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre...his-problem-with-the-pw-site.html#UNREAD

These included the forum freezing for around 20 seconds when using Firefox and Windows 7 when I go back to a forum after opening a thread on that forum. This is not a problem in Internet Explorer.

There is a problem when using Internet Explorer. The only way to stay logged in is to NOT select the "keep me logged in" choice. If you do select that choice you immediately lose the logged in status upon returning to the forum.

I didn't see this thread to report problems at first(and that's why I started my own thread) because I use the color scheme with a black background and white print. When using that color scheme the "permanent" threads at the top each forum just appear in white and the text can't be read.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 05/19/17 06:38 PM.
J
J
Edited in my stuff followed list all seems to be well now.
Thank you for a wonderful forum.

O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
The old forum was not working very well with my windows phone, so I expected a lot from the upgrade. Unfortunately it's now even worse. The scaling is off and posting is a nightmare because the pages keep jumping and flashing irregularly and the pointer refuses to go where I want it to go in the writing field.

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by outo
The old forum was not working very well with my windows phone, so I expected a lot from the upgrade. Unfortunately it's now even worse. The scaling is off and posting is a nightmare because the pages keep jumping and flashing irregularly and the pointer refuses to go where I want it to go in the writing field.

Hi outo,
It would help when reporting to include as many details as possible.
In this case, which OS (Android, iOS, etc.) and which version.

Some users are reporting marked improvement since the update, others are reporting issues.
I am reporting any issues to the developers of the software we license, but they need details.

Best,
Frank B. / Piano World

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Frank,
I am having problems with the forum keeping me logged in. I have cookies enabled.
If I log in and select "keep me logged in" then as soon as I go to a forum I am no longer logged in.
If I log in and do not select 'keep me logged in" then it keeps me logged in for this session, but does not remember me the next time I visit.

I'm wondering if this is related to my logging in on different computers and from different locations? I regularly use 3 different computers (home, laptop, office). Does your system remember users by IP address, and block remembering them if we change? Because I travel for a living, you know . . .

All of my computers use Windows 10 ver .1703 with the most recent Edge browser.

Don

Don Mannino RPT, MPA
O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by Piano World
Originally Posted by outo

Hi outo,
It would help when reporting to include as many details as possible.
In this case, which OS (Android, iOS, etc.) and which version.

Some users are reporting marked improvement since the update, others are reporting issues.
I am reporting any issues to the developers of the software we license, but they need details.

Best,
Frank B. / Piano World

Well, it's windows 8.1. I know I should get a better phone but I hate Android even more...

6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
The issue with the videos is with the ones that include the extra information about who's list it came from.

If the link is just a basic YouTube link like this one (the code looks like this: https://youtu.be/IL_IeQb65XU )

it should work fine (and yes that's me, at NAMM in 2010.

It's only when additional parameters are added that it has a problem.

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
I have been posting images on Piano World for a number of years following Frank's instructions in this thread

Posting images on PW

Why, now, am I not getting links to an image I am trying to post in the Photo Gallery? When I have selected an image in the "Image Manager" (and the indication is that I have done so, showing the number of images selected and the size of the image(s)). When I then click on "Done" (to indicate I have completed adding all the photos I want to add), the Photo Manager window disappears. There is no "Submit" button, which is next supposed to appear. With the "Submit" button, I should see a copy of the image with three links below it, small, medium and large among which I can choose to add an image directly into a post.

The image does appear in the Photo Gallery, but the expected three links are not there. If I open the image, I can get the link but it has an html. extension, and I can't post the image. I can insert the link in my post but I can't insert the image in my post, even though I am using the "Image Tag" button in the "Full Editor" screen.

Why is this happening? If I hadn't been posting images regularly, I might ask: "What am I doing wrong?" I'll ask anyway: "What am I doing wrong?"

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Hi Bruce,
You aren't doing anything wrong, the developers appear to have changed things, not necessarily for the best.

For now you can right click on the image and choose "Copy image location" , then click the image tag icon in your post menu , right click in the URL box and choose paste.

I've been letting the developers know that some of their changes seem like a step backwards, making things more difficult rather than less.

BTW, I used the above procedure to pull this image in.

[Linked Image]

- Frank B.
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:

Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Frank:

Many, many thanks for your very prompt reply to my query. You suggested solution works!

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission