2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
53 members (Aylin, Barly, brdwyguy, bcalvanese, accordeur, 36251, Bostonmoores, 20/20 Vision, Adam Reynolds, 1200s, 5 invisible), 1,335 guests, and 320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 44 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 43 44
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Removed by whom? My video is on my Facebook page. I only provided a link to that.

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X | Roland RD 2000 | Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
HSFlik #2643070 05/13/17 03:40 PM
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by HSFlik

If you go into MENU \ SYSTEM .... INFO, what version are you seeing?

Mine is 1.02 (0045)

H
H
It's the same as yours - 1.02 (0045).

Instruments: Roland RD-2000 + Roland A-49
Software: REAPER and MuseScore
D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Rhodie73
........ I had to return my Roland FP90 because of the same noises that Dave Horne mentioned about his RD2000. I also said to myself maybe it's just me, but I went to my local SamAsh and sat down at a new just put on the floor RD2000 and was able to reproduce the same clicky noise when playing fast passages of classical and jazz improvisation. So I can't pull the trigger on the Roland until this little production glitch is nonexistent.

Oh no , not again ! You've been through the ringer with these keyboards ! First the NP3 and now this !

My CP4 is fine at 3 years old , although I haven't taken it out as much as other keyboards in the past simply because I'm playing gigs on acoustic piano more often. So obviously it has less playing hours on it. I actually play it more at home accompanying my vocals with headphones (30-60 minutes a day ) then playing it out on gigs.

In general I haven't heard many complaints on the CP4, in spite of being frequently criticized for inferior build quality. But I do stand by my observation that quality control on all of these keyboards is down compared to say 7-10 years ago . And initial production runs do indeed have flaws and then down the road, you tend to hear less about any problems.

M
M
I was unaware anyone had linked my video, The removal was only because Sweetwater replaced the original keyboard and I therefore no longer have the issue. I don't wish to cast Roland in a bad light, nor this keyboard, but the fact that they never responded directly to me was a bit offputting, especially when Nord responded to me in two days via email. Still, apologies for removing anything that you had a link to in the room, that was not intentional .

Nord Electro 5D, Roland RD-2000, Lots of plugins, MacBook Pro 2016 TouchBar, Focusrite Clarett 8Pre, Grace Design M920, QSC K 12s, Focal CMS 65s.
R
R
Originally Posted by Dave Ferris
Originally Posted by Rhodie73
........ I had to return my Roland FP90 because of the same noises that Dave Horne mentioned about his RD2000. I also said to myself maybe it's just me, but I went to my local SamAsh and sat down at a new just put on the floor RD2000 and was able to reproduce the same clicky noise when playing fast passages of classical and jazz improvisation. So I can't pull the trigger on the Roland until this little production glitch is nonexistent.

Oh no , not again ! You've been through the ringer with these keyboards ! First the NP3 and now this !

My CP4 is fine at 3 years old , although I haven't taken it out as much as other keyboards in the past simply because I'm playing gigs on acoustic piano more often. So obviously it has less playing hours on it. I actually play it more at home accompanying my vocals with headphones (30-60 minutes a day ) then playing it out on gigs.

In general I haven't heard many complaints on the CP4, in spite of being frequently criticized for inferior build quality. But I do stand by my observation that quality control on all of these keyboards is down compared to say 7-10 years ago . And initial production runs do indeed have flaws and then down the road, you tend to hear less about any problems.

Yes Dave I have been! Tired of it too lol! However I've had the one CP4 that I've kept for almost a year and really no keybed issues or quality control issues. My band mates forced me to keep it because not only did it sound good but I play better on it than the other DP's I've had, simply because I know I can beat on it hard and not worry about keybed issues later. That's one thing I have to say about the CP4, when I play it I concentrate on the music and not the build of the instrument! Yes Dave I too feel that quality control has gone down a bit from the last decade. I do hope Roland tightens their QC. I remember years ago when they still made their top keyboards in Japan and never any issues, except when they started the whole synthetic ivory keybeds. I remember long threads about that and I was affected by it with my old RD700GX.

Rhodes MkII Stage 73, Yamaha CP4, Yamaha Reface CP + DX
P
P
I wanted to try out the cp4 when I was at Guitar Center but there were none in stock so I bought the Roland Rd 2000 and am really enjoying it , also still enjoying the MP 11.I watched the Scott Tibbs video and was wondering if anybody knows how to get the spacious piano sound he gets out of the Rd 2000, Ive tried but can,t figure it out. Thanks Mike.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by pianomike
I wanted to try out the cp4 when I was at Guitar Center but there were none in stock so I bought the Roland Rd 2000 and am really enjoying it , also still enjoying the MP 11.I watched the Scott Tibbs video and was wondering if anybody knows how to get the spacious piano sound he gets out of the Rd 2000, Ive tried but can,t figure it out. Thanks Mike.

Mike, since I am having issues with the action on my RD 2000, I'm curious if you can reproduce the same issues I have.

I posted a link to my Facebook page where I show how to easily reproduce those issues.

P
P
Just wanted to get off the 666 number.

P
P
I ,ll give it a try Dave but so far I haven,t noticed any clicking.

P
P
Well I did the glissendos don,t know how to spell it and also held down the c and e and tapped down on the right side of the d and did it to neumerous other keys and did not here any clicking . It sounds to me like it might be too much grease on the post or too little. It might work it self out by itself.

P
P
Dave, I just saw the video, do they have bushings on the post that the keys go down on, it sounds like it htiting up against the post, or they drilled out the holes to much, my rd 700 gx had post in it so I'm guessing these do to.

R
R
Incase anybody wondered, YES, the famous Roland "Jazz Scat" sound has made it into the RD-2000!! Ha! The key reason to purchase any Roland wink ... One of the most hilarious tacky sounds in the world, but I love it haha. Every other keyboard that has a 'scat' sound, just can't seem to pull it off like this. It's always fun to have a little jam on!

Last edited by RolandRD2000; 05/13/17 11:51 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by RolandRD2000
Incase anybody wondered, YES, the famous Roland "Jazz Scat" sound has made it into the RD-2000!! Ha! The key reason to purchase any Roland wink ... One of the most hilarious tacky sounds in the world, but I love it haha. Every other keyboard that has a 'scat' sound, just can't seem to pull it off like this. It's always fun to have a little jam on!

Thats definately how you play that sound....

I enjoyed your performance...

R
R

We'll forget about all the keybed clicks and clacks, I'm sold!!! I'm taking my wife to SamAsh today for Mother's Day to buy me a Roland RD2000!!! Just kidding lol. But man that is surely the way to make that sound entertaining. Nice playing bro!

Last edited by Rhodie73; 05/14/17 08:06 AM.

Rhodes MkII Stage 73, Yamaha CP4, Yamaha Reface CP + DX
T
T

That was great; thanks!

N
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
N
Incase anybody wondered, YES, the famous Roland "Jazz Scat" sound has made it into the RD-2000!! Ha! The key reason to purchase any Roland wink ...]
+100 Very well for study the swing feel!

R
R
Thank you everyone for the kind words! smile Haha yeah, unfortunately the hilarious jazz scat sound doesn't cancel out the bugs and issues we may be finding!!

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Nicely played James!

Where did the percussion come from, may I asked?

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
R
R
Thanks Kawai James! smile

I just manually played that in over the top of what I recorded, using an addictive drums plug-in as the sound source! So I didn't actually get any of that groove to play over when recording the scat annoyingly!

I'm noticing an interesting bug people, when changing custom programs, some of the LED encoders aren't going to where they should be. For example, if I set the Reverb send to 20, the LED light is showing it at full 127 (even though it's sounding where it should be) and I'm having to move the LED encoder to get it to 'reset' to the position it should be at... therefore completely defeating the purposes of having lights around the knobs!!

Page 34 of 44 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission