Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
111 registered members (Amedeus, ajames, anamnesis, Almaviva, Agent88, 25 invisible), 1,850 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2642686 - 05/12/17 12:37 PM Problems with New Forums? Report It Here!  
Piano World Offline
Piano World  Offline

Parsonsfield, ME (orig. Nahant...
As I expected with such a major upgrade we are experiencing some issues with the new version of the forums.

We will work on getting them all fixed, but first we have to know about them.

PLEASE READ FIRST, THEN USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT PROBLEMS
We Need Details! If you are reporting a problem, please include which browser you are using (and version if possible), along with the operating system of your computer (ex: Browser: Firefox 53.0.2 (32-bit), or Chrome, Windows 10, or Mac OS 10.?,) or if you are accessing via a mobile device, what the device is and what operating system (Android, PC, Mac, etc.). The more details we have the better because some issues may be specific to the device and system you are accessing the forum with.

PROCEDURE:
1.) Check to see if someone has already reported the same problem. If it has been reported, but you are using a different browser and/or operating system feel free to add your report, including those details.

2.)Details are important (see We Need Details! above). It helps us to know exactly what you were doing and what you were using to access the forums.
3.) Screen shots. If you are reporting that something doesn't look right, a screen shot/capture would be helpful if possible.
4.) If you just want to make a comment about a new feature, or the changes made to an old feature please use a separate thread.

I have posted the reports I've already received.

- Frank B.
Founder / Owner / Host
www.PianoWorld.com
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Facebook.com/PianoWorldDotCom
ProRecord.info
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
www.youtube.com/PianoWorldDotCom
www.linkedin.com/in/pianoworld
My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190 w/ ProRecord, Yamaha P-80, Estey 1895 Pump Organ, Harpsichord (kit), Clavichord (kit), Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880
-------------------------
It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!
Invite everyone you know to join our piano forums!

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2642690 - 05/12/17 12:44 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
Piano World Offline
Piano World  Offline

Reported Issues:

• HI, since you implemented your new forum format, I see you have deleted the 'INDEX" button, and now have a "HOP TO" button. This HOP TO button does not work. It doesn't work on my Android phone or my Windows computer. The :INDEX button was much easier to use. Can it be brought back? Thanks. DonZon.
  • "mark all posts as read" doesn't seem to be working
  • I am unable to register with your piano forum. After inserting my age verification and pressing continue nothing whatsoever appears on the next page. Thank you.
  • the horizontal lines / shading between the forums (that separated them in the list) have disappeared as have the horizontal lines
  • I did notice that we used to have a "back to forum index" link at the bottom of each page when you're inside a thread, this seems to have disappeared. It was useful

#2642696 - 05/12/17 12:51 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
Piano World Offline
Piano World  Offline

New forum not displaying correctly on mobile phone(s)...
I’m on an iPhone 6S, but is on all phones, also Samsung phones. The site zooms in when you open it on a phone, but you still have to scroll to the left and right to see the text.

You can see it in the attachment.

[Linked Image]

#2642972 - 05/13/17 08:40 AM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
Beemer Online content
1000 Post Club Member
Beemer  Online Content
1000 Post Club Member

Scotland
On my LG G4 android phone and using Google browser I tried selecting "desktop site" which works but when deselecting desktop mode, Pianoworld forums still have to use scroll bars to read text. However if two finger zoom is used to bring all visible there is then no requirement to use scrolling. This works with portrait and landscape mode.

Ian

Last edited by Beemer; 05/13/17 08:41 AM.

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
#2643038 - 05/13/17 01:04 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
luckiest_charm Offline
luckiest_charm  Offline

. I just noticed that not only I'm unable to send anyone a private message, I can't open anyone's profile either. Every single username on the forums has a javascript:void(0); redirect to it, which as it says, redirects to a blank page upon clicking, instead of the corresponding profile page.

#2643069 - 05/13/17 02:39 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: luckiest_charm]  
Piano World Offline
Piano World  Offline

Originally Posted by luckiest_charm
. I just noticed that not only I'm unable to send anyone a private message, I can't open anyone's profile either. Every single username on the forums has a javascript:void(0); redirect to it, which as it says, redirects to a blank page upon clicking, instead of the corresponding profile page.

Odd, because when I click a user name I get a drop down menu with Send Private Message being one of the choices.
What browser and O/S are you using luckiest charm?

- Frank B.
Founder / Owner / Host
www.PianoWorld.com
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
ProRecord.info
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190 w/ ProRecord, Yamaha P-80, Estey 1895 Pump Organ, Harpsichord (kit), Clavichord (kit), Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880

#2643074 - 05/13/17 02:51 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
dogperson Offline
2000 Post Club Member
dogperson  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Florida
Originally Posted by Piano World
Originally Posted by luckiest_charm

Odd, because when I click a user name I get a drop down menu with Send Private Message being one of the choices.

On my iPhone, I am able to send a private message but I do not see the complete user profile for any user

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
" I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho
#2643077 - 05/13/17 03:11 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
luckiest_charm Offline
luckiest_charm  Offline

It seems to have gotten fixed automatically. The drop down menu shows up as it should, however the address bar which shows up while hovering on a link in Chrome still shows the same javascript:void(0). Not that it bothers me, just thought it might be of some use.

Here's a screenshot - https://s13.postimg.org/tek1bzj8n/Snap_Crab_No_Name_2017-5-14_1-38-18_No-00.png
Notice the error right above the start button, while the mouse is hovering over dogperson's username. Clicking on it would now work as intended though.

I'm on Chrome, Windows 10 professional.. 64 bit.
However, the issue was there prior to the forum upgrade as well, both on my PC and on my OnePlus 3. So I don't think this upgrade has anything to do with it. Looks like others are having variations of it as well.

#2643087 - 05/13/17 03:31 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
prout Offline
3000 Post Club Member
prout  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Southwestern Ontario
Can't find three image links in photo gallery to copy to another forum. I can copy the URL but then I only get the link preceded and followed by [/img]...[img] which is active.

iPad 10.3.1

#2643240 - 05/14/17 08:24 AM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
bSharp(C)yclist Offline
500 Post Club Member
bSharp(C)yclist  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Orange County, California
New forum not displaying correctly on mobile phone(s)...
I’m on an iPhone 6S, but is on all phones, also Samsung phones. The site zooms in when you open it on a phone, but you still have to scroll to the left and right to see the text.

You can see it in the attachment.

[Linked Image]

I noticed this on my mobile phone as well, LG V10. Is it because of the banner at the top saying "Welcome to the Piano World ...", causing us to have to scroll right or left?

Currently Working On
RCM 4 Pieces
Nuvole Bianche - Einaudi
Sound of Silence - Viktoriya Yermolyeva arrangement
Random stuff
---------------------------
SoundCloud
[Linked Image]
#2643299 - 05/14/17 11:22 AM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
prout Offline
3000 Post Club Member
prout  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Southwestern Ontario
The Top link is often, but not always, missing from the threads.

iPad 10.3.1

#2643318 - 05/14/17 12:29 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
wouter79 Offline
4000 Post Club Member
wouter79  Offline
4000 Post Club Member

It's great that https is finally working!

But there is a small issue

Not sure if this was reported already but there seems something wrong with the security

If I go to

https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics

I get

Safari can't verify the identity of the website "forum.pianoworld.com"

Digging a bit deeper gives
"The certificate is not valid (host name mismatch)

With Tor I get

Your connection is not secure

The owner of forum.pianoworld.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Tor Browser has not connected to this website.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
#2643319 - 05/14/17 12:31 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
wouter79 Offline
4000 Post Club Member
wouter79  Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Antoher issue with https:

If I go to https://recitals.pianoworld.com/

I get a completely different site than

http://recitals.pianoworld.com/

#2643320 - 05/14/17 12:33 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
wouter79 Offline
4000 Post Club Member
wouter79  Offline
4000 Post Club Member

And another issue

When I try to log in with Tor browser I get

Your IP address is currently listed in the Stop Forum Spam database as a known spammer/spambot, and as such your account cannot be registered. To proceed you'll need to request a removal to clear yourself from their database.

Can this be fixed?

#2643347 - 05/14/17 02:02 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
Stubbie Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Stubbie  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Midwest USA
Column width using 'Default' or 'coffee' is narrower than with all the other options (at least on my laptop). This may be so by design, but I prefer the slightly wider column present on the other options, but I like the coffee color option the best. Can the column width be increased on the coffee option?

[Linked Image]
#2643356 - 05/14/17 02:29 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: wouter79]  
Piano World Offline
Piano World  Offline

Originally Posted by wouter79
Antoher issue with https:

If I go to https://recitals.pianoworld.com/

I get a completely different site than

http://recitals.pianoworld.com/

Hi Wouter,
We aren't ready to set up the forums or recital pages for https: yet, I first have to go back in and set EVERY image to point to https, a task that will take some time.
The primary Piano World site (not the forums or recitals) should work ok as I tried to assign everything with the new version to be secure.

I am curious about the spam message though, we are not on any spam lists that I know of.
Or are you saying our site claims your IP is on our list? That's possible if it's looking at a general IP (used to happen to people with AOL). Can you get me the exact IP?

Thanks,
Best,
Frank B. / Piano World

Last edited by Piano World; 05/14/17 03:19 PM. Reason: Updated

- Frank B.
Founder / Owner / Host
www.PianoWorld.com
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
ProRecord.info
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
My Keyboards:

#2643357 - 05/14/17 02:30 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Stubbie]  
Piano World Offline
Piano World  Offline

Originally Posted by Stubbie
Column width using 'Default' or 'coffee' is narrower than with all the other options (at least on my laptop). This may be so by design, but I prefer the slightly wider column present on the other options, but I like the coffee color option the best. Can the column width be increased on the coffee option?

Hi Stubbie,
Exactly which columns? Can you grab a screen shot for me?

Best,
Frank B.
Piano World

- Frank B.
Founder / Owner / Host
www.PianoWorld.com
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
ProRecord.info
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
My Keyboards:

#2643369 - 05/14/17 03:05 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
prout Offline
3000 Post Club Member
prout  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Southwestern Ontario
Top link appears if logged on. Does not appear if not logged on.

#2643400 - 05/14/17 04:51 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
Almaviva Online content
1000 Post Club Member
Almaviva  Online Content
1000 Post Club Member

Richmond, Virginia
I am using an HP PC with Windows 10. I also use an HP PC with Windows XP at work. I am experiencing the same problem on both computers.

I refer you to the recent Piano Forum thread "Rebuilt Blüthner Patent grand (not mine)", created by Joe80. A number of bloggers have replied to this thread with video clips that they have posted. Not all of the video clips work now. One clicks on the video clip, and one gets the message "An error occurred. Please try again later".

SOME of the video clips are working after the update, but they were ALL working fine before the update.

#2643431 - 05/14/17 07:03 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
BDB Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
BDB  Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Oakland
I am not able to change my time zone in the Preferences. I am using Safari in MacOS 10.12.4. If I try to set it, it does not stick.

Semipro Tech
#2644263 - 05/17/17 04:06 AM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
dogperson Offline
2000 Post Club Member
dogperson  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Florida
Using Google Chrome and Windows 10, the 'Forum Help' does not display the answers

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
#2644318 - 05/17/17 08:53 AM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Almaviva]  
Piano World Offline
Piano World  Offline

Originally Posted by Almaviva
I am using an HP PC with Windows 10. I also use an HP PC with Windows XP at work. I am experiencing the same problem on both computers.

I refer you to the recent Piano Forum thread "Rebuilt Blüthner Patent grand (not mine)", created by Joe80. A number of bloggers have replied to this thread with video clips that they have posted. Not all of the video clips work now. One clicks on the video clip, and one gets the message "An error occurred. Please try again later".

SOME of the video clips are working after the update, but they were ALL working fine before the update.

Almaviva,
I'm not seeing any problems with the videos, can you point me to specific ones that aren't working for you?

Best,
Frank B.

- Frank B.
Founder / Owner / Host
www.PianoWorld.com
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
ProRecord.info
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
My Keyboards:

#2644320 - 05/17/17 08:58 AM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: dogperson]  
Piano World Offline
Piano World  Offline

Originally Posted by dogperson
Using Google Chrome and Windows 10, the 'Forum Help' does not display the answers

dogperson,
What happens when you click the Forum Help link?
Do you get the list of questions, but can't get them to expand with the answers, or do you not get the list to begin with?

BTW, I tried it with Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome, using Windows 10.
It worked on all of them for me.

Best,
Frank B.

- Frank B.
Founder / Owner / Host
www.PianoWorld.com
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
ProRecord.info
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
My Keyboards:

#2644450 - 05/17/17 03:34 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
dogperson Offline
2000 Post Club Member
dogperson  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Florida
Originally Posted by dogperson

dogperson,
What happens when you click the Forum Help link?
Do you get the list of questions, but can't get them to expand with the answers, or do you not get the list to begin with?

BTW, I tried it with Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome, using Windows 10.
It worked on all of them for me.

Best,
Frank B.

I get the list of questions, but cannot get them to expand to display the answers. FWIW: I have a touch screen

#2644451 - 05/17/17 03:36 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Almaviva]  
David-G Online content
1000 Post Club Member
David-G  Online Content
1000 Post Club Member

London
Originally Posted by Almaviva

I get the same problem. The video clip of Benjamin Grosvenor works. The others don't. Same error message as Almaviva got.

I am using Windows 8.1 with Chrome.

#2644487 - 05/17/17 05:08 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
Almaviva Online content
1000 Post Club Member
Almaviva  Online Content
1000 Post Club Member

Richmond, Virginia
Frank, the post numbers are 2641366 and 2641375, both of which were posted by "Miguel Rey" on May 8, 2017. The video clips included in these posts worked fine before the update; now they don't.

Last edited by Almaviva; 05/17/17 09:15 PM.
#2644944 - 05/18/17 10:19 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: prout]  
wolfgangmeister Offline
wolfgangmeister  Offline

CT
Define:
Agree with prout. Just uploaded two pictures to the Photo Gallery, but when using Safari on my Mac AND Internet Explorer or MS Edge on Windows 10, I no longer see the links to the three image options for thumbnail, medium, large. I can copy the link to the gallery html site, but I can no longer determine what the links are to each of the two uploaded .jpg images in the gallery. Never had this problem before...

Investigate:
From Image Manager, I can see a very tiny 8519 and 8520 next to the uploaded figures, but I'd be darned if I remember the standard syntax associated with accessing these links as thumbnails, medium or large.

Verify:
Ahhh... I found an old text "cheat file" with the syntax on my computer. When I use this syntax, with the image numbers displayed in the new Image Manager, I get the two photos to appear in my PW post!
Here is the syntax:
[Linked Image]

Ensure:
Two New Mason & Hamlin Semi-Concert Grand 7'0" Model BBs #93999 and #94000 undergoing final quality inspection at the Haverhill, MA Piano Factory on Tuesday, May 16, 2017.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Jason Solomonides
Mason & Hamlin 7' BB 93623
Yamaha 6'1" C3 (w/WNG) D3010008
My Piano Recordings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7aJcfJZZvg&list=PLkP65I5BsNirTcv-nAHm4BXXsCbB_EbAJ
Mason & Hamlin Artist
#2645148 - 05/19/17 11:59 AM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
JKG71 Offline
JKG71  Offline

CA
I can't seem to stop the emails. I receive emails for every post. I checked to receive emails for PM that is when it started. It has been several days since I have checked no in all boxes related to email and still receiving endless emails.

#2645152 - 05/19/17 12:10 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
Piano World Offline
Piano World  Offline

Sounds like you checked "follow" in a thread if they are coming from a specific thread.
Look for Thread Options near the top of the thread, click it and choose "unfollow"

- Frank B.
Founder / Owner / Host
www.PianoWorld.com
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
ProRecord.info
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
My Keyboards:

#2645159 - 05/19/17 12:47 PM Re: Problems with New Forums? Report It Here! [Re: Piano World]  
JKG71 Offline
JKG71  Offline

CA
Sorry, but that's not it some of them are asking to follow so I thought maybe It was the user but not that either. I think I am receiving every post.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
cheaper pianos actually sound good
by Dave Horne. 11/21/17 09:38 AM
Piano benches - Stagg, Hercules , etc.
by Dave Ferris. 11/21/17 06:48 AM
Arthritis and Action Adjustments?
by harpsichorder. 11/21/17 05:59 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,869
Posts2,673,304
Members89,166
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission