2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Cheeto717, 12 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
S
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
Well, I got a decent recording, but when I went to turn on the video camera I must have accidentally hit the zoom slider. So, it's a close up of some dirt and oil near the voice panel, haha. I think I'm just going to extract the audio and call it done, or at least submit it for now. I'll try for a better video again later.

You mean we can't at least look at your dirt and oil to the accompaniment of your piece? Oh, come on! 😊

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by SMA55
Well, I got a decent recording, but when I went to turn on the video camera I must have accidentally hit the zoom slider. So, it's a close up of some dirt and oil near the voice panel, haha. I think I'm just going to extract the audio and call it done, or at least submit it for now. I'll try for a better video again later.

You mean we can't at least look at your dirt and oil to the accompaniment of your piece? Oh, come on! 😊

I'll see if I can pull of another video, but I submitted the audio tonight to get it into the queue. My RCM Exam is in 3 weeks and I do want to make sure I'm working on that. I've been practicing the recital piece a lot lately, because I'll play it next month at the school's recital.

At my lesson today I had to play the RCM pieces for my teacher, no music. She held it in her hand while I played. There are a couple of things to work on smile

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Mumble mumble... I can't decide on my submission. I did new videos today, the sound is better but my playing... not really! All three pieces have mistakes or hesitations, and the tempo is pretty similar to older recordings. Baroque or Romantic? Bach, Schumann or Fuchs?

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Although I said wasn't going to do it today, I made another video and I didn't hit the zoom. I flubbed the one trill, but I'll blame that on the oil on the keyboard. And there is one hesitation near the end - that's because I looked out the window .. yea, right smile. I may try another video later this week. For now, I'll leave the audio the the recital submission and link to the video after the submission period is over. 6 weeks till the recital, but I feel pretty good about it.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Done!

The difference between dreams and reality is action.

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
I'm in too!

Hmm. I need to update my siggy - I've missed adding in the last few recitals!

Last edited by casinitaly; 05/08/17 01:59 PM.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
For now, I'll leave the audio the the recital submission and link to the video after the submission period is over. 6 weeks till the recital, but I feel pretty good about it.

You can add the link to your video at any time prior to the deadline without losing your place in the queue... it's only if you upload a new mp3 file that you get bumped. (And once I close the recital, you can't add any links.)

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Monica K.
For now, I'll leave the audio the the recital submission and link to the video after the submission period is over. 6 weeks till the recital, but I feel pretty good about it.

You can add the link to your video at any time prior to the deadline without losing your place in the queue... it's only if you upload a new mp3 file that you get bumped. (And once I close the recital, you can't add any links.)

Ahh, ok, thanks Monica. That's good to know smile

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
And I'm in smile The not-so-famous Romantic composer won.

M
M
I don't have anything new ready frown I guess I could submit an old piece which I haven't submitted before.

August Förster 190
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Done, washed my hands of it, darn you Satie with not having bar lines and your concept of free time and giving me a hard time.

I am done with it ... for now laugh but as Arnie would say, IIII'll be back !

Selftaught since June 2014.
Books: Barratt classic piano course bk 1,2,3. Humphries Piano handbook, various...
Kawai CA78, Casio AP450 & software pianos.
[Linked Image] 12x ABF recitals.
My struggles: https://soundcloud.com/alexander-borro
D
D
Just submitted my piece. My first time participating in an online recital--I only joined the forum recently. What a great idea!

L
L
I was wondering if only polished (or at least completed) pieces are acceptable?
I started on a piece just 2 days before the recital announcement.. Probably 28th April, making it about 13 days so far. The submission date is fast approaching and I'm not very sure if I'll be able to bring it up to a satisfactory level (tempo goes north of 300 bpm) in such a constricted time, considering that it's the most difficult piece of my life, so far.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by luckiest_charm
I started on a piece just 2 days before the recital announcement.. Probably 28th April, making it about 13 days so far. The submission date is fast approaching and I'm not very sure if I'll be able to bring it up to a satisfactory level (tempo goes north of 300 bpm) in such a constricted time, considering that it's the most difficult piece of my life, so far.

None of my submissions have been exactly "polished"! The quarterly recitals are intended to be a snapshot of where you are in your piano journey - so go for it. You will receive lots of encouraging and supportive comments if you participate.

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Sam S

None of my submissions have been exactly "polished"! The quarterly recitals are intended to be a snapshot of where you are in your piano journey - so go for it. You will receive lots of encouraging and supportive comments if you participate.

Sam

There are no hard rules for the recitals. You can submit whatever you like. As long as you put your heart an soul into it I always say to myself and do the best you can with whatever circumstances you are in people appreciate that. There are players here at all sorts of levels and stages of their development submitting pieces, some with teachers, some self taught, some playing mere months, some for decades. It's all fun. smile

Everyone here has always been very supportive to all players at whatever level in the recitals and it's fun to be part of. If you can play something approaching north of 300 bpm I think you have nothing to fear ... bring it ... I am sure most would love to hear it!
I've never even seen a score yet with that sort of speed, and probably just as well, I'd fall over in a heap laugh

Selftaught since June 2014.
Books: Barratt classic piano course bk 1,2,3. Humphries Piano handbook, various...
Kawai CA78, Casio AP450 & software pianos.
[Linked Image] 12x ABF recitals.
My struggles: https://soundcloud.com/alexander-borro
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
This is a pre-recital for me so that people can tell me what I need to fix before the one on June 18th, which I'll be more focused on after 5/28 (Exam Date) smile

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

L
L
Well its the minute waltz. Technically the suitable tempo is close to 300 give or take a little. Or ~90 = bar.

I'll be sure to post a recording of wherever I happen to be at the last submission date. grin

This is a pre-recital for me so that people can tell me what I need to fix before the one on June 18th, which I'll be more focused on after 5/28 (Exam Date) smile

Which recital is that, then? (June 18) . . .I must've blinked or something . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Moonsh1ne
I don't have anything new ready frown I guess I could submit an old piece which I haven't submitted before.

That's what I did Moonsh1ne! I only have so many pieces worth recording.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

I agree with what was said - i.e. it doesn't need to be polished - BUT I would suggest submitting something that you've already worked on for a while and "digested". It makes everything easier. It allows to work on interpretation and expression and receive more useful feedback, maybe.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission