2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (1200s, clothearednincompo, FredrikNilsen, busa, Doug M., 36251, Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, 6 invisible), 1,147 guests, and 257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E
OP Offline
E
Milestone Day!!! Finally figured out how to use some basic functions of Ableton Live 9 and hook it up with my Elektron Analog Rytm with Overbridge and my Electric Piano. I just love this song and made my own version of it. Always Love! VON LickyLicky$$$

Last edited by BB Player; 03/18/17 10:38 PM. Reason: Deleted derogatory reference
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
The main thing is to have fun.
And maybe one day you will be able to use both hands at the same time in coordination on the keyboard, and become a real keyboardist/pianist.

Will do some R&B for a while. Give the classical a break.
You can spend the rest of your life looking for music on a sheet of paper. You'll never find it, because it just ain't there. - Me Myself
E
OP Offline
E
ah okay so you mean like this laugh

S
S
And he learned how to play that on piano marvel!

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by Swain
And he learned how to play that on piano marvel!

He's doing alright then grin

It wasn't easy to tell from the "beat session" in the "studio".

Will do some R&B for a while. Give the classical a break.
You can spend the rest of your life looking for music on a sheet of paper. You'll never find it, because it just ain't there. - Me Myself
E
OP Offline
E
still love the good old piano marvel smile

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
thumb

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
S
S
Producing and performing are two different things. wink

E
OP Offline
E
This is true.. I bought the Ableton Live 9 for about 500$ last year and never used it and didnt have the patience to do any tutorials on it.. but since i figured out to use it for basic looping for the video it really motivates me to now spend time to really get to knw the software.. its quite amazing whats possible and really fun.

For some reason i still prefere hardware over software music gear and same goes for pianos.. a real piano will always be more appealing to me than an electric one.. just to feel the vibrations in the whole piano on a real one makes it soo much better.. unfortunately not for my neighbors though... frown So ill probably end up getting a hardware loop station even though i can do it with the ableton software now..

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Way cool , definte good beat. the eye stae in the video reminded me of Hermit's Hermits.

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Nice work EB ... sounds like someone's mama helped come up with the title.

Last edited by Rerun; 03/09/17 09:24 AM.

Rerun

"Seat of the pants piano player" DMD

[Linked Image]

S
S
"This is true.. I bought the Ableton Live 9 for about 500$ last year and never used it and didnt have the patience to do any tutorials on it.. but since i figured out to use it for basic looping for the video it really motivates me to now spend time to really get to knw the software.. its quite amazing whats possible and really fun. "

I use Sibelius to compose and FL Studio to produce....for both I did it the same way you are...It wasn't until I started messing around with them that I found the motivation to dive in further.

"For some reason i still prefere hardware over software music gear and same goes for pianos.. a real piano will always be more appealing to me than an electric one.. just to feel the vibrations in the whole piano on a real one makes it soo much better.. unfortunately not for my neighbors though... frown So ill probably end up getting a hardware loop station even though i can do it with the ableton software now.."

Everybody is different but I definitely prefer a real piano over a digital. When I started out producing, there really was not a lot you could do with computer software, so between the keyboards, sequencer, analog mixing console, outboard synths and effects, Fostec B16 multitrack, the gear really piled up...Now I use a few pieces of outboard gear...but I mostly work with software.

Do what works for you, but stick with it...you got talent both behind the keys and producing...can't wait to see what you come up with next smile

Last edited by Swain; 03/09/17 12:30 PM.
E
OP Offline
E
Thank You very much for your Reply, Swain. Well i think as soon as I dive deeper into Ableton Live 9 and get a good routine with it Im gonna love it.. and work mostly on this. Already lovin it..

Im kind of wondering what kind of Audio Interface to get.. so I can record external Intruments at the same time on differen Channels.. The Alesis 8 FX Soundboard mixes everything (8Channels) onboard and then sends the Mix to the Computer..

Id just need an Audio Interface with a lot of different channels I guess.. Any Reckommendations?

Was thinking about buying a sampler (maybe Oktatrack) or just a loopstation.. but I think now is the time to really dive into the Software.. and I already have the Elektron Analog Rytm to mess around with as a standalone hardware Instrument..

S
S
I prefer the Focusrite scarlett line of interfaces, but I also use an older Tascam FW-1082.

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission