2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
36 members (Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, 5 invisible), 1,131 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Wouter79

Tempo of OP15 5 is 168 quavers per minute, which really rocks. Now, I don't know why his stuff seems so fast, considering the title of this one, but maybe kids are excitable even when contented . . .but I guess a light touch is advisable under the circumstances.
Nothing what you did sounded wrong to me. I played it faster, but wasn't over happy at that speed.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
K
K
My first batch of comments to a wonderful collection of pieces:

01. PawelS - Moonlight Sonata Op.27 No.2 Mov.1
Beautifully mysterious atmosphere. I think playing it slower suits the content. Beautifully expressive, and a great start to the Recital.

02. earlofmar - Consolation No 1
Thoughtful, deliberate, an attractive piece. I wasn’t really aware of the pedal noise. Well done.

03. MarieJ - Leo
Unusual beginning with trilling notes – then an interesting minor sequence leading to the more characteristic Einaudi flow. I like the expressive pause between different sections and repetition of sequences. This was well played.

04. CarlosCC - Divenire
I never thought I’d be saying this but I think I’m getting to like this composer. This piece has the characteristic flowing of what I now term classic Einaudi, with a final build-up then abrupt break-off that is entirely fitting and coherent. It sounds to me like it could be the background music to a passionate silent film. Confidently and evenly played.

05. SwissMS/Doris - Willy Wagglestick's Walkabout
This is great – lilting, uplifting, and lots of fun. I can tell you enjoyed playing it, Doris. Well done.

06. wouter79 - Gluckes genug, Kinderszenen, Op. 15, No. 5
There’s a lot going on here. I particularly like the way we’re thrown straight into the melody, and the separate LH and RH melodies shine through beautifully. Well played.

07. AZ_Astro - When Rivers Flowed on Mars
Beautifully, evenly played in both LH and RH melodies. Mysterious, secretive and over too quickly!

08. Peyton - Music For Tunnels
I don’t know how you do it! Simple, repetitive, most inventive. I liked the discordant notes in the section 2 minutes into the video coinciding with entering the tunnel, then the echo effects 3 minutes along with the sludge, mud and water visuals. The keyboard fading in and out was perfectly done.

09. Monica K. - Ships of Troy
A slow, deliberate lead into a flowing tempo – and then Michael Hanna reminded me a little of Einaudi. The decisive change of mood half-way through and then a move back to the earlier theme clearly denotes this piece is telling a story, as you describe in your notes on the four themes. Evocatively played.

10. Riddler (Ed) - I Rembember Clifford
I love your style, and your arrangement. Very well played, Ed - it sounds effortless although I know it wasn’t!

11. JustinDAggie - Rondo Alla Turca
Competent playing – you keep the tempo going through all the different intricate sections. I felt almost exhausted by the end! Bravo.

12. J Soo - Intermezzo (from Faschingsschwank aus Wien, op. 26)
… and passionate intensity is what you’ve achieved! Simple accompaniment or not, the LH’s juxtaposition with the RH brings out brilliantly the various pieces of melody. Gorgeously played.

13. peterws - Lost elevator
I haven’t heard your previous elevator music, so don’t know the significance of “Lost Elevator” (?) This is lovely, Peter! I love the alternate statements between lower and upper registers, they have real energy and work so well, and the t(h)rills and ornaments are a delight. Well done!

14. h8dk97 - Bach's Invention# 13
Intricate and well controlled – I can hardly believe you’ve only been playing 17 months! Congratulations.

15. Richard (zrtf90) - Intermezzo, Op. 117/1
Beautiful, well played, and interesting to read your notes about the inspiration behind this piece.

16. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 30, No. 6)
Gorgeous piece, so beautifully played, wonderfully expressive.

17. xyzzyFL (Susan) - Shangri-La
Wistful melody which you play very well, Susan. Thank you for sharing this piece.

18. Chris Beecham - Merry Farmer
A nostalgic trip back to my childhood! Thank you! Competently played.

19. Tubbie0075 - Prelude pour Louis & 5 Pieces
These were charming! Before I saw your notes, I made my own: Prelude: a pleasing repeating melody; 1) an uncomplicated tune suitable for a small child’s ear; 2) one for jumping about – a child could dance to this, or play Jack-in-the-Box; 3) one for slow movement, maybe gliding around the room; 4) simple melody, again suitable for a small child; 5) this one tells a story – like a nursery rhyme. I would have thought these are just right for a one- year old. What a generous uncle!

20. ajames - Bach short prelude in Cmin BWV 934
I think you need to be very disciplined and controlled to play Bach, as the pace is often relentless and hard to keep going. I’m sure I would keep forgetting where I was in the piece – so can fully understand about the brain damage! You did very well here.

14 h8dk97

Lovely work for the time. these are involved and you've done so well; everything's going for you. Nice!

15 Richard

Brahm's'll do nicely tonight instead of Schu. Wonderfully expressive and peaceful; good to listen to this thoughtfully played on your piano. Look forward to hearing SChu though . . .its one of the few that I've maintained!

16 JoBert

Very popular and with good reason. Many have played this so well on these recitals. It bobs along in charming fadhionm. you play lovely stuff, man!

17 xyzzy

You are playing such wonderful expressive jazz, it has come with the passing of time. often the only good thing that does . . .ha ha .This is your time, and it sounds excellent. The 660 is a good 'un.

18 Chris beecham

Schumman has a lot of support here, it seems. Great work with hoth hands kept busy.The future looks good.

Gotta go. Wonderful. better each year . . .

"[Linked Image]"
S
S
A few more...

Very nice! A beautiful mood piece, played quite skillfully.

08. Peyton - Music For Tunnels Interesting! Clearly composed in the minimalist tradition. And the video was a little bit dark and creepy to me at times. Good work!

I enjoyed this piece--and especially your playing! And your piano sounds lovely, too! Also your lunch sounds like it was yummy (from your description). ☺️

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

10. Riddler (Ed) - I Remember Clifford: I think it’s a great idea to revisit a piece you’ve submitted more. This version is so polished, and you play with such confidence. I really liked how that run at the beginning just flew off your fingers. smile

11. JustinDAggie - Rondo Alla Turca: I’m not a big classical fan, but you’re right: Who *doesn’t* like this piece? I’m in awe at how you keep your articulation so even and distinct despite what has to be a blistering tempo.

12. J Soo - Intermezzo (from Faschingsschwank aus Wien, op. 26): I’m trying to imagine what the sheet music looks like for this, and I’m guessing very intimidating! You do a great job of voicing the melody above all those arpeggios. Congratulations on a piece well played!

13. peterws - Lost elevator: I’ve really enjoyed all your “elevator” compositions; the melodies have a lilting jauntiness--or a jaunty lilt laugh --that appeals to me. I look forward to hearing where your muse takes you next...

14. h8dk97 - Bach's Invention# 13: I say it every recital: I’m in awe of people who can play Bach, and I like how you play this one–it has more of a melodic than many of the other inventions.

15. Richard (zrtf90) - Intermezzo, Op. 117/1: I enjoyed reading about the background of this piece in your comments. Your playing captures well the sadness and despair felt by the woman, along with the lullaby elements of soothing.

16. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 30, No. 6): As I noted earlier, I’m not very familiar with classical music, but if I ever tackle the canon, this would be one of pieces I’d be most interested in learning. I love the dynamics of your playing; you capture especially well the quiet, almost mysterious sections. And your trill at 1:34 gave me goosebumps.

17. xyzzyFL (Susan) - Shangri-La: Congratulations on your AB Forum recital debut!! This piece would fit right at home played in some hotel lobby or cocktail lounge... your playing sounded so confident and relaxes. I really enjoyed this. smile

18. Chris Beecham - Merry Farmer: Okay, so now you’ve got that melody stuck in my head. laugh Very good job of keeping the rhythm steady–and those waltz patterns in the left hand are a lot harder to play smoothly than they appear.

19. Tubbie0075 - Prelude pour Louis & 5 Pieces: Well, I think you win the Best of Show award just for the story of how you came to compose these pieces... what a thoughtful, wonderful gift for your sister and nephew. I enjoyed all these pieces; the only thing I can think of as to why you may not have gotten a response yet is that maybe they’re a bit too hard for your brother in law? These seem maybe a little more challenging than Grade 1 in my opinion.

20. ajames - Bach short prelude in Cmin BWV 934: You also win the Bach Red Badge of Courage award... You do a great job of keeping the tempo even despite juggling the multiple voices.

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
12. J Soo - Intermezzo (from Faschingsschwank aus Wien, op. 26) Mr C would have been proud. That was brilliant.

13. peterws - Lost elevator Loved it, ‘Ad lib’ and all. thumb Encore!

14. h8dk97 - Bach's Invention# 13 Very delicately played Bach. Nice work, particularly since you’ve been playing for such a short time.

15. Richard (zrtf90) - Intermezzo, Op. 117/1 I’m not familiar with this piece. It was so beautifully played - thank you!

16. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 30, No. 6) Wow - we’re really being spoiled - one fabulous piece after another. Perfection! (Can I borrow just a few of your stunning trills, please?) laugh

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I'm not really qualified to give feedback, but I've listened to all of them now and I'll just give a big thumbs up to everyone. There were no mistakes! Thanks for making my first year at Piano World enjoyable, looks like I registered a year ago today.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

S
S
And a few more...While I did jump ahead a few to hear #16 (Venetian Gondola Song, one of my favorites), I haven't forgotten to listen to numbers 13-15. They'll be next!

Wow! I'm very impressed, with both your arrangement and your performance! Mmm, mmm, mmmm.

You mentioned that you aren’t entirely satisfied with your execution of this piece. But I don't know why, because I think you did a darned good job. I myself have been reluctant to undertake this piece, as—like you—I am all too aware of how it will expose my technical weaknesses (as all Mozart seems to do). Well done!

12. J Soo - Intermezzo (from Faschingsschwank aus Wien, op. 26)
You said that you were aiming for “passionate intensity” in this piece, by playing it up to tempo. Mission accomplished! I’m impressed with your skill, as I know this is not an easy piece. I enjoyed your playing. Congratulations!

16. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 30, No. 6) One of Mendelssohn's charming gems. You played it very well--expressively and evocatively. I enjoyed it a whole lot!

19 Tubbie 0075

No tech feedback. But your songs were exemplary for their intended purpose.

20 ajames

Good Bach with not a little bite. I liked this, it chugged along in mandatory fashion (relentless, like a train) and was a great listen. well done!

21 Piano2138

A most pleasant piece! Rather sad feel to it; I liked the Pavanne part that followed. Very good work and will help you greatly for future. Like, a springboard.

22 dynamobt

TYhis is reslly nice. Now Schu does such nice stuff; splendid job and great recording!

23 Forrest halford

I've neither studued nor played Brahms. Good isn't it? This is enjoyable and well handled. Sounds really good.

24 Newbert

Good work man. Nice ringing sound here with plenty of authority in your playing.

25 SMA55

LOvely pro sound here Thought it was a gondola song at first . . .Loads of expression here, super job!

26 Kalos piano

Nicely played and delivered. You have a good touch for this sort of music. Well done!

27 Greener

Always good to hear each other's set ups. This flowed well and sounds hard . . . .lots of atmosphere from this . All good!

28 Ganddalf

Most intricate work here. Always good to listen to you and that nice shiny piano . . . it is shiny, isn't it? I have to talk drivel at times. My technical brain cells aren't legendary . . .

29 marybee

More brahms! This is lovely and melodic, and played with such expression. Just lovely . . .

30 CRP

This was fine. Could hear your pedal clunking in fine style . . ! Don't ever worry about mistakes. You'll soon learn how to disguise 'em . . . .steady as she goes!

Gotta go meself now . . . have fun guys!

Last edited by peterws; 02/17/17 12:21 PM.

"[Linked Image]"
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
01. PawelS - Moonlight Sonata Op.27 No.2 Mov.1
Loved it! Wonderful playing of one of the greatest compositions ever! Wish I could play it. Nice setting, too.

05. SwissMS/Doris - Willy Wagglestick's Walkabout
Doris, what a surprise to hear you playing boogie woogie! Got me tapping my foot. Good job.

What a delightful piece. It has a feeling of mystery. You played it very well.

08. Peyton - Music For Tunnels
Peyton, another composition that calls up an experience of something strange, mysterious. You should write for movies! Well done.

Monica, quite an enjoyable piece; in fact, that melody in the middle section has become an ear worm for me already - running constantly in my mind. Nicely done.

Justin, what a challenging piece, very demanding in terms of technique, hand independence, etc. That was some terrific playing, very enjoyable and impressive.

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
My next batch:

18. Chris Beecham - Merry Farmer One of those catchy tunes that is a real earworm. I'm going to be hearing this in my head all day now! Great job!

19. Tubbie0075 - Prelude pour Louis & 5 Pieces These are delightful! I would be thrilled if you wrote them for my kid. The first one should be cootchy-cootchy-coo!

20. ajames - Bach short prelude in Cmin BWV 934 Deceptively difficult, isn't it? You did a great job with it!

21. Piano2138 - Lost This is great for just 10 months experience. Keep it up!

22. dynamobt/Marilyn - Kreisleriana - Sehr Langsam (#4) I can identify with being obsessed with a piece. I have several that I would give a lot if I could play - and not the usual suspects either. This sounds wonderful - very expressive. I would say you are well on your way to satisfying your obsession.

23. Forrest Halford - Brahms Intermezzo, Op. 117, #2 Nice sensitive touch. Wonderful control throughout - loved it!

25. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Nocturne in Bb Minor Very impressive playing - I would be very happy with this!

27. Greener/Jeff - Db Nocturne You've made wonderful progress on this - I think its a good exercise to revisit old pieces that were abandoned because they were too difficult at the time. Very sensitive playing...

28. Ganddalf - "Sommerfugl" (Butterfly, Op.43 no.1) You make this sound effortless!

29. MaryBee - Intermezzo Op. 117 No. 1 You achieve some wonderful results with dynamics and phrasing - loved it!

36. Moonsh1ne - Waltz in A Minor, Op. Posthumous Very smooth - you have the waltz rhythm propelling it forward - great job!

38. carlos88 - Our Town, III. The Resting-place on the Hill Did not know these were arranged for piano - I'll have to look them up. Very expansive!

39. sinophilia - A Curious Story - Op. 15 no. 2 Very nicely done - loved it!

40. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Minuet in G 116 BWV Love this piece whenever I hear it. Wonderfully done, even though you were sick. Hope you are feeling better!

41. Zoot64 - La Lutine Love the articulation - very bright and crisp!

44. UnderConstruction - Nocturne Op9 No2 Better a slow tempo that you can handle well than one that is to fast that leads to a train wreck - been there, done that! Well done!

45. briangmoore - Scarlatti Sonata in D minor K32 Nice ornaments! I think you captured the baroque feel of it very well.

46. PikaPianist - Sonata in A minor (Wq49/1), 3rd mvmt That is fast - but you ripped it off very convincingly - outstanding!

47. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Sonatina in C (Op. 36, No. 1, II - Andante) This is wonderful for only playing a little over a year - great job!

48. lvojnovic - BWV 939 Little prelude in C major I love this one! Nicely done!

50. blackjack1777 - Waltz A Minor Op. Posthumous You did the waltz rhythm very well with the short 2&3. Excellent job!

51. Patbreaker - Prelude in c minor Love the dark feeling of this, and yet it moves forward so insistently - as if we were rushing to disaster. Well done!

That's all the classical - hopefully I can get to the rest soon.

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
C
CRP Offline
C
second batch

31. Sam S - Sonata K380 Very nice rendition, I think this will sound great at your recital with some additional work!

33. Kris Shendo - Jacob's Theme nice and well played, I definitely enjoyed it!

34. that'sRich - Night in May didn't know this piece, one can definitely hear the impressionist influences. I liked your rendition, although sometimes there were "unexpected pauses" and portions that seemed more staccato than they should be.

35. jazztpt - Time For Bed I enjoyed listening to your piece

36. Moonsh1ne - Waltz in A Minor, Op. Posthumous flawless and very nice light touch

37. lyricmudra - Monday beautiful and emotional!

38. carlos88 - Our Town, III. The Resting-place on the Hill I liked to steadiness of the sound, very "calm-inspiring"

39. sinophilia - A Curious Story - Op. 15 no. 2 I am not familiar with the piece, but timing seemed a bit odd

40. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Minuet in G 116 BWV there may be a few mistakes here and there, but I liked your effort very much!

41. Zoot64 - La Lutine very clean, no noticeable flaws, extremely pleasant!

42. Mike White Yamaha G3 & p-80 - Stormy Weather very nice, sounds very natural and effortless

43. Piano Primo 1 - "Inspiration" -Love Theme very nice!

44. UnderConstruction - Nocturne Op9 No2 I am not a Chopin fan, but the the piece was still very pleasing.

45. briangmoore - Scarlatti Sonata in D minor K32 I feel like the extra ornaments are breaking up the piece a bit

46. PikaPianist - Sonata in A minor (Wq49/1), 3rd mvmt wow, amazing. you do not mention your experience, but this was an impressive piece!

47. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Sonatina in C (Op. 36, No. 1, II - Andante) seemed flawless to me, and very enjoyable!

48. lvojnovic - BWV 939 Little prelude in C major very nice and clean!

49. Montuno - Solitude piece is unknown to me, does not sound all that difficult, but it is played with a very very nice and expressive touch!

50. blackjack1777 - Waltz A Minor Op. Posthumous I liked the RH very much, while the LH sounded a bit "uncertain", especially the final beat of each measure...

51. Patbreaker - Prelude in c minor hard to evaluate without knowing your experience level, but it was not bad overall.

Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Wow such great comments! I am learning Moonlight Sonata myself and will have to reread ZRTF90's a few times this week! It's a little above my level but after about a month I pretty much have it down and I'm just working out some tricky spots such as bar 57 and also the various subtleties.

I just learned of this recital earlier this week and did not have time to prepare or submit anything but might the next time around.

Great job pianists!

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Wow, wonderful job, and so inspiring. Impressed with the newbies ..beautiful playing.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
10. Riddler- Wow Ed, you just keep getting better. That opening run is like glass; smooth and crystal clear.

11. Justin- Yea! fast fun and lively. I really enjoyed listening.

12. JSoo- As a Schumann fan I'm not sure how I've missed this. Wonderfully played!

J
J
6 wouter79 - That really was quite impressive. I think you made it sound easier than it probably is. If you make the baseline a little lighter and softer would that bring out the happier mood you are trying to achieve?

7 az astro - I love that piece. It's really so beautiful.

8 peyton - that was a really cool video. I have to say that during the first half I accidentally had another youtube video accidentally open in another tab with someone playing a simple sounding nocturne of some sort on solo piano. The overlap was simply amazing - it was like there was someone playing chopin on the other side of the tunnel but it was being distorted.

Adult Beginner Since 2012
Steinway L, Casio Privia

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxmK-PCS4k9WTLV1oRSJ7g
30. CRP - Comptine d'un autre ete - L'apres midi
This is very good for how long you are playing, congrats on a good job!

29. MaryBee - Intermezzo Op. 117 No. 1
Very nice, I especially like the ending, your resolution is emotionally very satisfying.

28. Ganddalf - "Sommerfugl" (Butterfly, Op.43 no.1)
You really make the butterfly flap its wings. smile

27. Greener/Jeff - Db Nocturne
I can only imagine how hard it must be to play this beautiful nocturne. That is some impressive work you did there. I notice you have a tendency to speed up when things get tricky. Just take it easy there (yeah, I know, easier said than done), I think that will help you in those spots.

26. kalospiano - Sakura (Cherry Blossoms)
That was very fascinating listening.

25. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Nocturne in Bb Minor
Wow, just wow! You left me speechless.
One thing: when I tried to open the youtube link, it asked me to log into Google. Is that on purpose?

24. Newbert - Daydreaming
After listening to you I feel like I want to do some improvisation myself. Really sounds like a lot of fun!

23. Forrest Halford - Brahms Intermezzo, Op. 117, #2
Exquisite playing, excellent video, exciting entry to the recital.

22. dynamobt/Marilyn - Kreisleriana - Sehr Langsam (#4)
Very solid performance. And extra impressive with your one take approach.

21. Piano2138 - Lost
Great effort, and I am sure you have learned a lot and will be even better in the next recital.

I get brain damage from just thinking about playing this. You did well very well.

Casio Privia PX-150 - Pianoteq
Working on Classical Piano Method (Hans-Günter Heumann)

My Music
Originally Posted by Peyton
As a Schumann fan I'm not sure how I've missed this. Wonderfully played!

Thanks much! I think Op. 26 isn't as well known as some of his other suites. The second movement, Romanze, is a wistful little gem, which would not have been out of place in the Kinderszenen.

Really nice arrangement with lots of variety and a strong overall shape and flow. Great sound, too. Well done!

I dare say everyone who has played Bach can relate to your joke about brain damage. wink A good clean recording to show off your nice clean playing and phrasing. I bought the music for the little preludes and fugues last year and you've inspired me to spend more time with it.

Well done catching and conveying the atmosphere of this. This music, more textural than melodic, presents interesting choices for what to emphasize, and you make good choices. At times the middle voices could be a bit quieter, though. Tricky to do, I know.

40. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Minuet in G 116 BWV

Charming indeed! You bring out the phrasing very musically, and also do a fine job articulating the shape of the phrases.

50. blackjack1777 - Waltz A Minor Op. Posthumous

Your clean articulation and pedaling create a light and transparent texture which suits this music well. It is perhaps a bit too articulated, though, in that some natural phrases get chopped up. Good use of dynamics to provide contrast, shape, and flow.

I left the piano for a while, but it never left me
S
S
Originally Posted by Montuno

Wow, just wow! You left me speechless.
One thing: when I tried to open the youtube link, it asked me to log into Google. Is that on purpose?

Thanks for listening and for the kind comments! Regarding the youtube link, I suppose I must have done something wrong if it's asking for you to sign into Google first. That was definitely not my intention. As far as I know, I had simply uploaded my video to youtube. If anyone knows what I might have done wrong, please let me know for the future!

K
K
Next few...
21. Piano2138 - Lost
There was a real plaintive atmosphere in ‘Lost’ and I liked the way you played it. The second piece was enjoyable too, well done.

22. dynamobt/Marilyn - Kreisleriana - Sehr Langsam (#4)
This sounds complicated but you tackled it with aplomb. Congratulations on a difficult piece well played, Marilyn.

23. Forrest Halford - Brahms Intermezzo, Op. 117, #2
This was exquisite playing, Forrest. Wonderful how you kept up this standard for the whole piece, and such a good video too. Brilliant. And I didn’t hear even one car!

24. Newbert - Daydreaming
Well, I heard no hesitations in the RH – I thought it flowed well. You’re on target to achieving your goal! Well played.

Lovely, I enjoyed this very much. The slight echo effect sounds like you were playing in a large hall. Very well done.

26. kalospiano - Sakura (Cherry Blossoms)
An unusual piece, confidently/competently played. I noted the harp-like quality of the harpsichord sound you were aiming for - very apposite for a traditional Japanese song. It worked well.

27. Greener/Jeff - Db Nocturne
A complicated piece, Jeff – which you tackled with bravery and enthusiasm. Well played.

28. Ganddalf - "Sommerfugl" (Butterfly, Op.43 no.1)
What shortcomings? Beautiful – I’ve always loved this piece, and you emulate the flitting butterfly so well. I could listen to this all day.

29. MaryBee - Intermezzo Op. 117 No. 1
This is lovely, Mary. Very expressive, delightful listening.

Despite the few mistakes you mention, overall this is a fine performance of a striking piece of music. Well done.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission