Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
Who's Online
129 registered (alexcawley, 36251, ajames, AdrianR, Almaviva, alwatson, 28 invisible), 1446 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#2625491 - 03/20/17 06:19 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
I am so sorry to be so late to the party!
We've have major internet connection issues and work has been extra hectic the past month, so it has taken me ages to have "me" time for sitting and listening.

Thank you to every one who took the time to listen to my piece and give me some feedback - I appreciate every word !

Here's my first batch and I hope to be back soon for more listening pleasure!
Thanks to Monica for getting us set up again!

01. PawelS - Moonlight Sonata Op.27 No.2 Mov.1
I don’t know if I would like this played much faster – the tempo seems to be just right to my ears! A truly lovely performance, and a gorgeous way to start of the recital!

02. earlofmar - Consolation No 1 I’ve been hearing folks talk about “Consolation” for ages – I never realized there were several! I really enjoyed listening to this “new to me” piece. Your new approach is definitely paying off well. I am feeling enticed to try it! Most enjoyable!

03. MarieJ - Leo you are firmly established in the Einaudi “club” by now Marie! Very nicely played. I really enjoyed it – I also liked the background imagery you created with your ideas of what he was trying to convey. You play with a very elegant delicacy. Brava!

04. CarlosCC - Divenire Carlos my friend, as always you are in your element here with Einaudi – an evocative and stirring performance – obrigada for the listening pleasure!

05. SwissMS/Doris - Willy Wagglestick's Walkabout Doris – That was simply delightful! I’ve been rocking along toe-tapping and smiling like crazy listening to (and watching) your performance. Loved it!

07. AZ_Astro - When Rivers Flowed on Mars I thik I first heard SwissMs playing this about 4 years ago - It is a really interesting piece and it’s not easy to get that base voice singing smoothly. I think you did a really great job of capturing the mysterious atmosphere of this piece. Well done!

08. Peyton - Music For Tunnels Really interesting Peyton – and the video was neat too. I always enjoy your compositions and this is no exception – I’m just glad I could experience the tunnel virtually rather than in person. I found the music really drew me in, I liked the pulse of it very much. Keep them coming!

09. Monica K. - Ships of Troy Your back ground story to this piece intrigued me even before I clicked on the play button! It was very easy to match the music to the poetry as I listened – this was a really captivating performance – thank you!

10. Riddler (Ed) - I Rembember Clifford When I saw the title of your piece I thought “ I’ve heard that in a recital before” – I didn’t realize til a moment later that I’d likely heard it from you. I like this rendition. It’s fun to see (hear) someone come back to a piece that they’ve really connected with. Very enjoyable.

11. JustinDAggie - Rondo Alla Turca Charming! You’re right – who doesn’t love this piece? – I know I do. It was fun to watch you playing – Thank you for this musical treat!

12. J Soo - Intermezzo (from Faschingsschwank aus Wien, op. 26) This is another “new to me” piece – just listening to it I can picture the score – and imagine how much focus you need to get through this so smoothly. It’s an interesting piece with a lot going on – at times it made me think of humming birds flitting about but then there were the heavier tones adding drama. Well done indeed!

13. peterws - Lost elevator Pretty lively for elevator music Peter! I enjoyed the sense of wander you created - up down around- searching for that elusive elevator. A lot of positive energy in this piece- really enjoyed it!

14. h8dk97 - Bach's Invention# 13I have yet to tackle an invention – but I love listening to them! This was delightful – true to the style of the period and charmingly played. Thank you!

15. Richard (zrtf90) - Intermezzo, Op. 117/1 We don’t get a lot of Brahms in the recitals – I wonder why? – I’m not familiar with this piece, but I very much enjoyed it. There’s very much the feel of a story going on, and a very touching one at that. The part at 3.30 was particularly stirring – evocative of the Scottish highlands, I have wonderful memories of Scotland from traveling with people I love dearly and see rarely. Your playing touched my heart.

16. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 30, No. 6) I love this piece. It is so easy to picture a silent film, black and white yet still capturing the light of the water as the setting sun bounces off each tiny wave. I’ve had the pleasure of being in a Venetian gondola a few times, and it was delightful to bask in the flowing “dondolo” (rocking) of your gondola. A perfectly pleasing performance. Just delightful.

17. xyzzyFL (Susan) - Shangri-La I would love to dance with my sweetie to this music. Soothing, romantic, - it feels like the perfect ending to a splendid evening. Charming.

18. Chris Beecham - Merry Farmer I have this collection, but have not tried this piece yet – it certainly is merry! Very nicely played indeed Chris – you really caught the flavour of the piece !

19. Tubbie0075 - Prelude pour Louis & 5 PiecesI can’t believe you didn’t get an immediate reply thanking you for these delightful pieces! They’re great. Simple and sweet, but not too sweet – cheerful, I liked all of them but the third one made me laugh – it was so playful.
I am sure that Louis will love these pieces, and appreciate that they were written with him in mind. Bravo indeed!

20. ajames - Bach short prelude in Cmin BWV 934 I know what you mean about Bach making you feel like you have brain damage. My head feels like it is going to explode when I start on a new Bach piece (and I haven’t tried inventions yet!). These are real mental workouts and your time and energy dedicated to studying this piece really paid off. Most enjoyable!

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2627064 - 03/26/17 07:34 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
and my second batch - what a great way to spend a Sunday!

21. Piano2138 - Lost Seemingly simple pieces are some of the trickiest, good work! I will look forward to hearing more of your Ravel piece as you progress - you've taken on a wonderful challenge with that piece!

22. dynamobt/Marilyn - Kreisleriana - Sehr Langsam (#4) I'm having my own romance with Schumman at the moment so I found myself listening to your piece with a different level of awareness and attention than I would have had a few months ago. I can understand why this piece caught your attention. I would say that you definitely had this within your grasp! Even without seeing the score I could picture in my mind's eye how you had to work to get that fullness of sound, bring out the voices and get the pedalling just so! That was a real pleasure to listen to - thank you for the treat!

23. Forrest Halford - Brahms Intermezzo, Op. 117, #2 wow. That was beautiful. I am not really familiar with much Brahms, but your performance (and Richard's) have drawn me in and make me wonder when I will be able to try some of his works. There was a wonderful soothing quality to your performance, both in the listening and watching - if the red dot made you a bit nervous you certainly did well at hiding that! This was an inspirational performance. Thank you!

24. Newbert - Daydreaming Good title for this piece - it's a floating away piece, relaxing and a bit hypnotic. Lovely flow - I think you have met the goals of the piece and more!

25. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Nocturne in Bb Minor One of my favourites from Chopin - I watched your video. You make it look (and sound) effortless - which of course means that you put a tremendous amount of effort into your preparation. It was a very great pleasure - thank you!

26. kalospiano - Sakura (Cherry Blossoms) Well played, it certainly felt like there was a story being told - and your choice of instrument seems to go well with the music, giving it extra character. I confess I was expecting a "cheerier" sounding piece - thinking of spring and pink blossoms, so I was a bit surprised - but it was nonetheless pleasant to hear! Nicely done!

27. Greener/Jeff - Db Nocturne Jeff, the extra time you've put in on this has really paid off! It flows from your fingers. It's a long piece and certainly not straight forward - congratulations on this new level of success with such a beautiful piece of music - I loved listening and watching you play.

28. Ganddalf - "Sommerfugl" (Butterfly, Op.43 no.1) I remember hearing this piece during our Greig recital but I don't think I've heard it elsewhere. Your fingers flying over the keys really did create the imagery of a butterfly flittering about a pretty garden . Wow! Delightful !

29. MaryBee - Intermezzo Op. 117 No. 1 More Brahms! I am so enjoying these Intermezzi. I liked the tenderness and even wisteful air to this one - it seemed there was a story, a conversation, several moods flowing through this piece - fascinating and most enjoyable! Complimenti MaryBee!

30. CRP - Comptine d'un autre ete - L'apres midi I first heard this piece here in the recitals and fell in love with it - I really enjoyed hearing it again. Yes, there were a few little flubs, but it was still great to hear. Nicely done!

31. Sam S - Sonata K380 Playing a sonata from memory! Congratulations on that for starters Sam, and secondly, congrats on playing it so prettily! There's obviously a lot going on here, and your attention to the detail and precision, change in dynamics - they are all splendid. This was a musical feast for the ears.

32. SandTiger - Fading Light I can hear a real development in the fluidity of your playing SandTiger. And you did create the sensation of evening falling - very nicely done!

33. Kris Shendo - Jacob's Theme I am beyond impressed that you put this together just from listening and then adding in more bits - I haven't seen the film but now I'm curious if only to hear the source of your inspiration. This is a jaunty little number and had my toes tapping - congratulations to you - especially given that this is a very different style from what you usually play! I really enjoyed it.

34. that'sRich - Night in May Thank you for the background story on this composer. I was reminded of Debussy - does that make sense? This is a really rich , eloquent piece full of interesting combinations of delicacy and drama - I really liked it.

35. jazztpt - Time For Bed More original compositions! This is lovely, it really does give the sense of winding down - but in a light, happy way. Charming, truly charming.

36. Moonsh1ne - Waltz in A Minor, Op. Posthumous Ah, I love this waltz! I think it was the first Chopin piece that I really connected with and every time I hear it I feel a special sense of delight! Thank you for bringing it to this recital.

37. lyricmudra - Monday I had no sense of you finding difficulties in switching from a classical style to this more modern style. - If anything I sense that your training helped you bring a richness and depth to this piece that is sometimes missing. Very well done indeed.

38. carlos88 - Our Town, III. The Resting-place on the Hill Wow. That's music with feeling and drama. (and a surprisingly good recording from a phone!) - Completely new to me music and I really enjoyed it.

39. sinophilia - A Curious Story - Op. 15 no. 2 Sinophilia, wow. Your confidence in playing this piece is obvious - and the result is delightful. It is definitely upbeat and your steady tempo through the complicated fingering is just great. Complimenti!

#2627422 - 03/27/17 12:48 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
dynamobt Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: NH
Thank you so much casinitaly for your kind words!

#2630918 - 04/07/17 08:51 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Kalos Piano Offline

and I guess I'm really the last one smile here's my final batch:

23. Forrest Halford - Brahms Intermezzo, Op. 117, #2
beautiful music, played masterfully. Dare I say, one of the best performances in the whole recital?

24. Newbert - Daydreaming
the piece itself is a little bit too pop for my tastes, but it was flawlessly played

25. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Nocturne in Bb Minor
wow! Really excellent! Plus, this is possibly my favorite nocturne. Congratulations!

27. Greener/Jeff - Db Nocturne
I'm not familiar with this piece but yours looks like some nice playing. Maybe there is some uncertainety in the part between 0:40 and 1:00? I might be wrong. That bit looks tough though!

28. Ganddalf - "Sommerfugl" (Butterfly, Op.43 no.1)
nicely done

29. MaryBee - Intermezzo Op. 117 No. 1
well played

30. CRP - Comptine d'un autre ete - L'apres midi
I think there's still quite some work to do on this. You've written that you can play short sections fine, and I would work even more on these short sections, very very slowly, caring to keep a steady tempo and to avoid mistakes. Once you manage to do this, I'd try playing the whole piece slightly faster and with more rubato. As a final step, you can try to tackle the long version of Comptine d'Une Autre Ete.

31. Sam S - Sonata K380
just a few minor flubs, that you made less noticeable by not stopping, exactly the way one should play. Very good work all in all.

32. SandTiger - Fading Light
nice little composition. I feel like it could use lighter pedalling in some parts.

33. Kris Shendo - Jacob's Theme
you memorised this just by ear? Wow, impressive. Very well done!

34. that'sRich - Night in May
never heard this piece before, quite interesting

35. jazztpt - Time For Bed
very nice composition, couldn't notice the "problematic part" you mentioned smile

36. Moonsh1ne - Waltz in A Minor, Op. Posthumous
beautiful waltz. Just some flubs here and there. I'm sure you'll make it perfect with a little bit more practice.

37. lyricmudra - Monday
very nice interpretation, good tempo & dynamics choices

38. carlos88 - Our Town, III. The Resting-place on the Hill
ehmmm I'm afraid I can't understand Copland much

39. sinophilia - A Curious Story - Op. 15 no. 2
nicely played

40. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Minuet in G 116 BWV
there are a few sections to isolate for more very slow practice and then it'll be perfect

41. Zoot64 - La Lutine
very well done

42. Mike White Yamaha G3 & p-80 - Stormy Weather
excellent performance

43. Piano Primo 1 - "Inspiration" -Love Theme
so melancholic... very nice

44. UnderConstruction - Nocturne Op9 No2
flawless

45. briangmoore - Scarlatti Sonata in D minor K32
I was astonished when I heard this the first time cos I though it reminded me the beginning of an old Italian pop song, "una rotonda sul mare", lol, maybe it's just in my head

46. PikaPianist - Sonata in A minor (Wq49/1), 3rd mvmt
wow, truly exceptional playing, one of my favorites from this recital. Also, thanks for making discover this piece, I don't know much about CPE Bach besides the Solfeggietto.

47. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Sonatina in C (Op. 36, No. 1, II - Andante)
it's good, the notes are all there, I just feel like some more work could be done on the expressivity

48. lvojnovic - BWV 939 Little prelude in C major
nice

49. Montuno - Solitude
intersting piece

50. blackjack1777 - Waltz A Minor Op. Posthumous
I feel like there is still some margin for improvement but it's already very good

51. Patbreaker - Prelude in c minor
I prefer faster renditions but good work nonetheless

Unfortauntely my comments might be very vague and generic but there are so many pieces I haven't played that I cannot yet give proper adice and technical feedback.

Cheers and see you at the next recital.

(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
#2630969 - 04/07/17 12:31 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]
Piano2138 Offline

Thank you casinitaly for your kind words!
As for the Ravel piece, I will stop here for some years, as a reached my initial exploratory goal.

#2632069 - 04/11/17 01:03 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: zrtf90]
PawelS Offline

Originally Posted By Greener

If I am not mistaken around the 49 second mark in video you are missing a beat and 3 note thingy. I thought possibly just a mistake but when you did it again at around 1:07 or so I thought I would mention.

Thank you for pointing that out. After I learned how to play it I forgot about the sheet and kept playing out of memory and probably lost this couple notes over time, now I very cautious not to miss these to relearn the correct way.

zrtf90, Thank you for a true gold mine. I've learned how to play this piece and tried to pick up dynamics by listening to different performances, but it looks like I've lost many details this way. Also, I would never figure out the accents in the triplets.

Edited by PawelS (04/11/17 01:03 AM)

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Piano Lamp LED

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sampletekk Black 70% off
by TheodorN
04/28/17 06:03 PM
MIT Piano Drop
by WhoDwaldi
04/28/17 05:35 PM
Possible to disable internal sounds on Yamaha P60 keyboard?
by Fscotte
04/28/17 03:58 PM
In the middle of choosing a piano concerto
by chrisyip789
04/28/17 02:57 PM
In Search Of The World's Greatest Pianos!
by Rich D.
04/28/17 02:54 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,549 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,270 Topics
2,620,245 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission