Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
124 registered members (ajames, Adypiano, accordeur, Almaviva, agraffe, aleksivu, 28 invisible), 2,006 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#2616206 - 02/20/17 12:22 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: peterws]  
peterws Offline
6000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Northern England.
31 Sam S

Charming piece on a charming piano. You seem to have the oiano well under control; it sounds lovely and full o' character. Enjoyed this music greatly; so very melodious!

32 Sand Tiger

Good composition, and your piano sounds excellent. If i might say so, try to br more assertive on this, retaining the expression as you do. Nice work!

33 Kris Shendo

Totally enjoyable, swaying, lilting piece. It was fine work.

34 that's Rich

Totally different music; like a film score, with so much variation and atmosphere. A clever piece, and you do it justice on your piano. Which sounds excellent.

35 jazztpt

Gorgeous piece, sounds light and warm. And your Roland sounds sooo good . . .!

36 Moonshine

Super touch you have on this, and you handle the ornaments well! Very well played!

37 Lyric Mudra

Lovely thoughtful playing; one of Einaudi's best. And you piano is the business!

38 carlos 88

We're constantly being introduced to new music; This is quite dramatic and it's good to hear the page turns! You play it gairly heavily which suits the music well.

39 Sinophilia

Remember this one from a few months agao. tried to play it again and . . .couldn't! Don'r ya love it? splendid work here, these pieces are short and very sweet.

40 Casinitaly

I tried a Yamaha silent lately; very good it was too. Handy feature . . .Your tne is a finger twister; I find Bach hard going, but rewarding when you finally get there. Not far to go with this one!

It's 4.20am and this ole insomniac is gonna try for some more sleep . . . if I fail, I'll be on the piano!

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2616210 - 02/20/17 01:18 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
MarieJ Offline
MarieJ  Offline

Queensland Australia
22. dynamobt/Marilyn - Kreisleriana - Sehr Langsam (#4) I envy the ‘one take’ achievers. Great tone from your M&H - it was in its element with your light and dark contrasts. The perfect way to spend a snowy day!

23. Forrest Halford - Brahms Intermezzo, Op. 117, #2 Expressive and polished playing - what an absolute delight.

24. Newbert - Daydreaming You sounded more than ‘comfortable': very ‘confident’, I’d say. I enjoyed that!

25. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Nocturne in Bb Minor Bravo! Beautifully played. I’m so glad the video link was fixed, because I appreciated watching your performance, too.

26. kalospiano - Sakura (Cherry Blossoms) Great video, and the ‘plucked string’ arrangement was most appropriate. Well played!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-XLVI

An hour or two with my Yamaha C3 and Einaudi's music - my idea of happiness.
#2616219 - 02/20/17 02:00 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: MarieJ]  
peterws Offline
6000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Northern England.
41 Zoot 64

Wonderful! Bit slow? I don't know. Sounded great to me steadt steady and precise. Way to go, man!

42 Mike White

We're hearing good stuff here; this was really great. Emphatically played, very fluent and a big big sound out of that little beast you played . . .

43 Piano Primo

Never heard this before, but it's very nostalgic in chearacter with a few regrets to boot. the thoughts of an ole fella perhaps? (not me) nicely played!

44 Under Construction

Popular Chopin will always be a good choice, you learn so much from this. Lovely sound and playing! Excellent development.

45 briangmoore

Harder than it looks! You did well here, I've never done Scarlatti . . .it does sound fiddly in places. Nice work.

46 Pika Pianist

OHH! Great to hear such sharpness and dexterity. We can dream . . . .it's relentless! Lovely.

Insomniacs of the world unite . . . Have fun!

"[Linked Image]"
#2616258 - 02/20/17 07:39 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Kalos Piano]  
CRP Offline
CRP  Offline

Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by Kalos Piano

Could you clarify what do you mean?

I have listened again to your rendition and also listened a few times to the original played on the koto. I have never heard another playing of this arrangement.
So I have two feelings. First, I believe this is a piece which needs to be played on a "plucked" instrument, the piano sound just does not fit well. This is also (IMHO) true of many baroque pieces thought for the clavi. Second, I believe the chords should be "shorter" and "less arpeggiated" (hope this makes sense, I am no musical expert) to be closer to the brushing of the strings on a koto.

But that is just my humble opinion, ie that the piano does not work well on this piece, which makes your nonetheless pleasing effort all the more impressing.

Last edited by CRP; 02/20/17 12:57 PM.
(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
#2616271 - 02/20/17 08:54 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Peyton  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Maine
16. Jobert- What a lovely way to start my morning. Just beautiful playing.

17. Susan- You have a great feel for this. I enjoyed it.

18. Chris- Always a fun piece to listen to. Nicely done.

19.Tubbie0075- Well, I certainly would not worry that these "were hated". No one could possibly hate them…they are perfect for what you intended. I love them. (some people are just "careless" in their responses or lack thereof.)

Last edited by Peyton; 02/20/17 03:02 PM.

"One's real life is often the life that one does not lead."- Oscar Wilde
www.youtube.com/Biffer5
www.peytonart.com

#2616331 - 02/20/17 01:05 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
casinitaly  Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Italy
Thank you so much to everyone who has commented on my piece - I really appreciate the feedback.

I have been having major internet connection problems and can't do any listening !!!!! I hope this will be sorted out soon so I can get to enjoy the recital.

[Linked Image]
#2616353 - 02/20/17 02:08 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
SMA55 Online content
SMA55  Online Content

The hits just keep on comin'...

23. Forrest Halford - Brahms Intermezzo, Op. 117, #2 Wonderful performance! You definitely have a feel for this piece--and such a nice touch with it. Bravo!

24. Newbert - Daydreaming
This was a pleasant enough exercise to listen to. I've certainly suffered through much drier exercises of my own. Best of luck to you on continuing to develop your improvisational skills.

26. kalospiano - Sakura (Cherry Blossoms) Interesting arrangement and choice of percussive piano sound for this piece. I agree with Monica K. that the arrangement does sound a bit Russian in places. Good work!

27. Greener/Jeff - Db Nocturne Good work on one of the more difficult Chopin Nocturnes! I enjoyed your playing. One technical suggestion: consider playing the left hand softer throughout, in order to better bring out the melody.

28. Ganddalf - "Sommerfugl" (Butterfly, Op.43 no.1) Wow! That sounds like a challenging piece indeed! And while not perfect, you managed to make it sound quite beautiful. Great job!

#2616380 - 02/20/17 03:35 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: SMA55]  
peterws Offline
6000 Post Club Member
peterws  Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Northern England.
47 Bsharp(C)yclist

Excellent work for so little experiece. Text book stuff, not a finger wrong! You'll go far. Both on or off the bike!

48 Ivojnovic

More lovely work from a true beginner. Splendid tempo, trills and good authorative playing!

49 Montuno

Clear piano sound which has flavour and depth. yet anothe 12 monther! you're getting too good too quickly . . . Great all round. Distiction for you!

50 Blackjack 1777

You guys can all feel darned proud. Excellent talent, and such confidence . . .this is lovely with super expression abd trills.

51 Pathbreaker

I love Bach stuff on the piano. Sounds like it's made for it . . ..lovely touch you have, sounded real good!

Thank you all guys. Most excellent recital. Thanks to our organisers, and those who've listened to my stuff!

"[Linked Image]"
#2616497 - 02/20/17 10:04 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Monica K.  Offline

Lexington, Kentucky
31. Sam S - Sonata K380: Oh my gosh, all those trills and ornamentations! I was amazed at how cleanly and well-articulated you played them. And then when I saw you recorded this in ONE TAKE, well, that was extremely impressive. You should ace that recital!

32. SandTiger - Fading Light: I love the slightly sad, and at times almost brooding, nature of this melody. Just wish it were longer!

33. Kris Shendo - Jacob's Theme: This is a catchy piece indeed... it’s got a nice old-fashioned jaunty rag-type rhythm going on. Your improvisation of it sounds highly polished; you clearly have a good ear!

34. that'sRich - Night in May: I wasn’t familiar with this composer, but I think your adjective “impressionistic” suits the music well. You do a good job of drawing the melody out over the repeating chords in the left hand.

35. jazztpt - Time For Bed: What a sweet song for your children! (Much better than my strategy of shrieking “go to bed RIGHT NOW!” at them. laugh ) I really enjoyed your piece; every note sings love and tenderness. heart

36. Moonsh1ne - Waltz in A Minor, Op. Posthumous: This is such a challenging piece, and I’m impressed that you were able to pull it off so well on just two takes. You did a great job of playing all those ornamentations clearly and distinctly.

37. lyricmudra - Monday: Well, it’s YOU who are the inspiration for me, not the other way around! I haven’t had the nerve to attempt this piece given the length, difficulty, and those pesky polyrhythms. But your playing is so calm, confident, and natural. You obviously have an affinity for Einaudi’s style, and I hope this is only the first of many covers you do of his work.

38. carlos88 - Our Town, III. The Resting-place on the Hill: I didn’t know Copland had done a score for “Our Town,” so I enjoyed being introduced to this. I like how your quiet chords build up to a dramatic climax.

39. sinophilia - A Curious Story - Op. 15 no. 2: I had no idea that Schumann could sound so jaunty, almost Joplinesque. A curious piece, indeed! You did a great job of keeping all the voices clear and distinct.

Mason & Hamlin A -- 91997
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/pianomonica
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
#2616510 - 02/20/17 11:33 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Peyton  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Maine
21. piano21328- Short and sweet (reminds me a bit of Vincent Persicetti). Well done. You are doing fantastic for playing such a short time.

25. SMA55- Shepherd, well played! I greatly enjoyed listening. (I'm impressed at the recording quality for an i-phone).

www.youtube.com/Biffer5
www.peytonart.com

#2616536 - 02/21/17 01:27 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Peyton]  
SMA55 Online content
SMA55  Online Content

Originally Posted by Peyton

25. SMA55- Shepherd, well played! I greatly enjoyed listening. (I'm impressed at the recording quality for an i-phone).

Thank you! Regarding the recording quality of my iPhone, it's greatly aided by the use of an external microphone for it, the Zoom iQ6 (it looks exactly like the mics on the Zoom h4N).

#2616596 - 02/21/17 07:41 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: SMA55]  
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Peyton  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Maine
Originally Posted by SMA55

Thank you! Regarding the recording quality of my iPhone, it's greatly aided by the use of an external microphone for it, the Zoom iQ6 (it looks exactly like the mics on the Zoom h4N).

Ahhh! I was wondering. I use my I-phone for quick music recordings and get nothing like your quality.

www.youtube.com/Biffer5
www.peytonart.com

#2616598 - 02/21/17 07:56 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
kris shendo Offline
kris shendo  Offline

Here are my last few, and thank you very much to all who commented on my submission.

44. UnderConstruction - Nocturne Op9 No2
This was lovely. I like the tempo you’ve chosen. Considering you’ve been playing a comparatively short time, this was very well done.

45. briangmoore - Scarlatti Sonata in D minor K32
This is a pleasing recording of a sonata I’ve not heard before. Sounds a bit harpsichord-ish – which I think fits the piece very well. Thank you.

46. PikaPianist - Sonata in A minor (Wq49/1), 3rd mvmt A very polished performance.

47. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Sonatina in C (Op. 36, No. 1, II - Andante)
A good rendition, Dan – astonishing that you’ve been playing only a little over a year. Well done and good luck for the exam!

48. lvojnovic - BWV 939 Little prelude in C major
Perfect! This has a nice tone and flows really well. Excellent work for just 14 months’ experience.

49. Montuno - Solitude
A simple, very appealing melody with intriguing depths. Lovely even tone. It sounds as if you’ve been playing a lot longer than one year – well done.

50. blackjack1777 - Waltz A Minor Op. Posthumous
I like this waltz and you played it well. I hadn’t thought of there being a sadness to it (albeit with glimpses of hope) but think I see what you mean in the shifts between major and minor. I like your imaginative description of Chopin playing in a gilded ballroom in France.

51. Patbreaker - Prelude in c minor
I really like this. You have a good even touch and although this must be a most difficult piece to play – not least in the co-ordination between LH/RH - it flows at an unremitting (almost breathless) pace until the beginning of the wind-down at 2:10. Something about the sustained arpeggios in the coda puts me in mind of a classical Spanish guitar. Altogether most enjoyable.

#2616617 - 02/21/17 09:19 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Peyton  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Maine
Got to jump around a bit...

27. Greener- Good for you to get back to this lovely piece. You just can't go wrong with Chopin.

28. Gandalf- Wonderful!!!! Very polished sounding. smile

29. MaryBee- What an interesting piece. Does not sound easy at all. Good job!

30. CRP- Well, my favorite Tiersen piece by far. You are doing a real fine job with it. What you really need is fluidity and that will just come with practice. I would rather hear an occasional mistake but a fluid easy playing than a note perfect but cold rendition. Also, it may seem long but if you look at it as patterns there is not that much too it. Practice and get it smooth in the first section, then you go up an octave later it's just the same thing.

31. sam- Wow Sam. I'm really impressed. Fantastic job. and a heck of a piece to memorize. You are really getting better with every recital. And Bechstein, happy birthday big guy!

www.youtube.com/Biffer5
www.peytonart.com

#2616719 - 02/21/17 03:07 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
Piano2138 Offline
Piano2138  Offline

Originally Posted by Tubbie0075
21. Lost - a peculiar piece. In the second piece which ended abruptly, didn’t Ravel wrote it? Pavane?

Yes, it is the beginning of Pavane by Ravel. Thank you for listening!

Originally Posted by CRP
21. Piano2138 - Lost The Milne piece did not impress me, while I enjoyed your WIP on Ravel!

Thank you!

Originally Posted by peterws
21 Piano2138 A most pleasant piece! Rather sad feel to it; I liked the Pavanne part that followed. Very good work and will help you greatly for future. Like, a springboard.

Thank you! The piece is marked "sadly", so it looks I was able to transmit in music the composer's intention.

Originally Posted by Sam S
21. Piano2138 - Lost This is great for just 10 months experience. Keep it up!

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Montuno
21. Piano2138 - Lost
Great effort, and I am sure you have learned a lot and will be even better in the next recital.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by kris shendo
21. Piano2138 - Lost
There was a real plaintive atmosphere in ‘Lost’ and I liked the way you played it. The second piece was enjoyable too, well done.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by MarieJ
21. Piano2138 - Lost The rare appearance of an Australian composer. Great work for less than a year's playing. And ‘Pavane’ has set you on a path which will continually reward you for months - and years.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by JoBert
21. Piano2138 - Lost Commenting on "Lost": An interesting little piece, well played, with good expression.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by SMA55
21. Piano2138 - Lost For the short amount of time you've been playing, I think you're doing a great job! Keep it up!

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Monica K.
21. Piano2138 - Lost: Nice job! You convey both a sense of sadness and hope in “Lost”; the listener ends up concluding that the protagonist will find his or her way out of the predicament. My only advice would be to experiment with adding a little more pedal (but keep in mind that my motto in piano is “more pedal, more better!” laugh )

Thank you! The piece is actually marked with "con pedale", I've used the sustain pedal only as a "crutch" here and there, as I was not sure where I should add more pedaling.

21. piano21328- Short and sweet (reminds me a bit of Vincent Persicetti). Well done. You are doing fantastic for playing such a short time.

Thank you!

Last edited by Piano2138; 02/21/17 08:37 PM.

Slowly, Separately, Sections - Graham Fitch
My SoundCloud
#2616762 - 02/21/17 05:41 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
Kalos Piano Offline
Kalos Piano  Offline

wow, my piece sounds Russian? Can't really say that it's what I was aiming for :)) but... whatever works, I guess :))

here's my first batch:

01. PawelS - Moonlight Sonata Op.27 No.2 Mov.1
very good version, not much left to improve on this, well done.

02. earlofmar - Consolation No 1 (to do)
Don't know the piece much, but it sounded very peaceful and pleasant.

03. MarieJ - Leo (to do)
not a big fan of Einaudi but for what I can judge, this sounded very well played

04. CarlosCC - Divenire (to do)
idem as above smile

05. SwissMS/Doris - Willy Wagglestick's Walkabout (to do)
I guess it could be a little bit more "fluid" but it sounds very nice already.
Also went on your channel and checked out your rendition of "Dance of the Watergrass" smile very very nice

06. wouter79 - Gluckes genug, Kinderszenen, Op. 15, No. 5 (to do)
can still be perfected, but already very good

07. AZ_Astro - When Rivers Flowed on Mars (to do)
I didn't know this piece but it was a pleasure to discover it

08. Peyton - Music For Tunnels (to do)
very atmosferic composition

#2616799 - 02/21/17 07:44 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
SMA55 Online content
SMA55  Online Content

29. MaryBee - Intermezzo Op. 117 No. 1
What a great first Brahms piece to have chosen for yourself! You did a really nice job, and I very much enjoyed it.

30. CRP - Comptine d'un autre ete - L'apres midi
This is the first Tiersen composition I've ever heard, and I must say that I like it. Thanks for the introduction! And don't worry about the occasional mistakes (mostly timing issues)--those will work themselves out as you gain more experience playing. Good work!

31. Sam S - Sonata K380
Happy Birthday to your lovely sounding piano! I enjoyed your performance. And I hear exactly what you mean when you say that you were trying to create an echo effect in some places. In fact, the effect was striking a couple of times, the muffled tone color being so different, it was almost as if those parts were recorded from a separate room. Interesting! Good work!

32. SandTiger - Fading Light
You had indicated that you didn't want technical feedback. Since I'm not sure if that means that you don't want any feedback at all, I'll err on the conservative side and not share with you my impressions.

33. Kris Shendo - Jacob's Theme
What a funky, playful piece! And you played it flawlessly and apparently effortlessly. Bravo!

34. that'sRich - Night in May
Beautiful piece! I love the mysterious, almost sultry feel to it. And you played it very well, even if you feel you didn't play it softly enough. Excellent!

35. jazztpt - Time For Bed
Impressive original composition! Nice mellow piece, perfect for bedtime--but definitely not sleep-inducing. Nice playing!

#2616845 - 02/22/17 12:36 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
SMA55 Online content
SMA55  Online Content

36. Moonsh1ne - Waltz in A Minor, Op. Posthumous
I like your touch, your dynamics, everything! Very nice!

37. lyricmudra - Monday Wow! I love your rendition of this piece. New Age music can often be performed in a sterile fashion. Not so with your evocative playing. Bravo!

38. carlos88 - Our Town, III. The Resting-place on the Hill
Definitely achieved a big sound with the open chords. Nice playing! Unfortunately I couldn't make out anything at all in the dark video.

39. sinophilia - A Curious Story - Op. 15 no. 2
Well played! I enjoyed listening--thank you.

40. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Minuet in G 116 BWV Yes, this is indeed a sweet, cheery piece. And you played it well, managing to convey its essence, despite your recuperating from the flu. Good work!

#2616904 - 02/22/17 07:58 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
MarieJ Offline
MarieJ  Offline

Queensland Australia
27. Greener/Jeff - Db Nocturne After hearing your entry, I listened to your May 2016 recording - what a difference those months have made. You should be very pleased with such noticeable development.

28. Ganddalf - "Sommerfugl" (Butterfly, Op.43 no.1) That was amazing - such vivid sound pictures, I could see that butterfly. A wonderful performance.

29. MaryBee - Intermezzo Op. 117 No. 1 What a treat - two tastes of such a lovely piece in this Recital. I enjoyed your playing - thank you!

30. CRP - Comptine d'un autre ete - L'apres midi Yann Tiersen’s music is on my to-do list *one day*, and this piece is probably the first I’ll tackle. Love it. You did well.

31. Sam S - Sonata K380 Lots of major achievements here, and I’m not just talking about your piano reaching a venerable milestone. All in one take, and from memory, AND enviable trills! Beautifully played.

#2616985 - 02/22/17 02:10 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
SMA55 Online content
SMA55  Online Content

41. Zoot64 - La Lutine
I am unfamiliar with this piece, but I enjoyed it. Very well played!

42. Mike White Yamaha G3 & p-80 - Stormy Weather
Wow! It sounds like you have quite the command over the keyboard. And that was all played by ear? Stupendous!

43. Piano Primo 1 - "Inspiration" -Love Theme
A romantic, old fashioned sounding piece with which I'm unfamiliar. I enjoyed it. Nice job.

44. UnderConstruction - Nocturne Op9 No2
Considering the relatively short time you've been playing, you've done very well with this. Keep up the good work!

45. briangmoore - Scarlatti Sonata in D minor K32
A nice effort. And while it may look like a simple piece, it truly requires finesse to pull it off in a musically interesting manner. Also please have a look at the note values in your edition, as you're not playing the same ones as written in mine. Your timing problem begins with the second note in each recurring sequence. This second note is a thirty-second note, but you're holding it too long (it should be held no longer than the thirty-second note preceding it). And this is resulting in the timing of the remainder of each phrase being off. Not meaning to be critical--only trying to help. Is it possible that you're playing from a simplified edition?

#2617056 - 02/22/17 06:38 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
Monica K. Offline

Monica K.  Offline

Lexington, Kentucky

40. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Minuet in G 116 BWV: This is a charming piece indeed; if I ever tackle Bach (not likely), this would be the piece I think I’d like to play. I’m glad you were able to get past the flu to record this. smile

41. Zoot64 - La Lutine: Here’s another composer I’m not familiar with, though the piece sounds distinctly Bach-ish. You do a great job of maintaining a consistent tempo despite the challenging runs.

42. Mike White Yamaha G3 & p-80 - Stormy Weather: Playing (and recording!) a piece as smooth and polished like this on the first take may seem easy to you, but to me it’s a feat short of miraculous! wow I really liked the dramatic build-up and conclusion starting around the 1:10 mark.

43. Piano Primo 1 - "Inspiration" -Love Theme: I think “calm” and “tranquil” are better adjectives for this piece than “lazy.” laugh I enjoyed listening to this smooth jazz piece very much.

44. UnderConstruction - Nocturne Op9 No2: Nice playing on a tough piece. smile I thought you did a great job with the trills. (And at first glance, I thought you had a shelf at the side of your piano; after I took a closer look I just realized your finish is so polished it reflected your coffee table! laugh )

45. briangmoore - Scarlatti Sonata in D minor K32: Scarlatti is vastly underrated in the classical canon, in my opinion. These sonatas have such strong and appealing melodies, and I really enjoyed your performance, and I think your ornamentations worked well.

46. PikaPianist - Sonata in A minor (Wq49/1), 3rd mvmt: I think my pulse started racing just watching you play this on your video! wow I’m in awe of how quickly and smoothly you can play all those runs. (And the production quality of your video–lighting, angle, etc.–was just as impressive!)

47. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Sonatina in C (Op. 36, No. 1, II - Andante) : Sounds to me like you’re going to ace your RCM Level 3 exam! Very nice playing. smile

48. lvojnovic - BWV 939 Little prelude in C major: If I had a dollar for every time I wasn’t able to record my first choice piece for a recital, I’d have a nice chunk of change. But I’m glad you were able to record this delightful little prelude.

49. Montuno - Solitude: I was really looking forward to hearing your piece, Montuno, because “Solitude” has great sentimental value for me–it was the first “real” piece I learned where the transcription was identical to the professional recording, and, like you, I was thrilled to know I could play a “real” piece. You do a great job of expressing emotion in your playing.

50. blackjack1777 - Waltz A Minor Op. Posthumous: I loved the visual image you conjured in your description of Chopin playing, somewhat sadly, in the middle of a gilded ballroom... it’s quite evocative of the piece itself. You made it sound both dainty and bittersweet.

51. Pathbreaker - Prelude in c minor: This Bach piece has almost a minimalist Steve Reich- or Glass-type air to it. It sounds like quite the challenge in hand independence; nicely done!

And that’s it for another great recital. I’m always impressed at the energy and enthusiasm of all our participants, and always grateful at being introduced to new composers/pieces. smile

Mason & Hamlin A -- 91997
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/pianomonica
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
#2617147 - 02/23/17 01:02 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
SMA55 Online content
SMA55  Online Content

46. PikaPianist - Sonata in A minor (Wq49/1), 3rd mvmt
Okay, I've been impressed by multiple performances in the current recital. But yours was off the charts! I'm simply unable to come up with the words to express how absolutely bowled over I am by your incredible performance. WOW!!!! How long have you been playing piano???

47. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Sonatina in C (Op. 36, No. 1, II - Andante)
Very nicely played! For someone who's only been taking lessons for a little over a year, you are doing great!

48. lvojnovic - BWV 939 Little prelude in C major
You've only been playing 14 months? Well, you are way ahead of the curve. Great job!

49. Montuno - Solitude
I'm starting to sound like a broken record. But again, like the previous 2 performers, your skill is beyond that of someone studying piano for such a short time. Well done!

50. blackjack1777 - Waltz A Minor Op. Posthumous
I think you did a good job with this piece. I was not so enthused with your left hand's staccato treatment of beat three in every measure, but otherwise I enjoyed your performance.

51. Patbreaker - Prelude in c minor
A piece that I always intend to tackle but somehow never get around to--probably because it's Bach. You're braver than I. And you did a really good job, too.

I've very much enjoyed listening to everyone's performances! Thanks to everyone for participating, and thanks to those who organize this recital. I think it's a really great thing! Finally, thanks to those who listened to my own performance and to those who provided feedback.

#2617253 - 02/23/17 10:42 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
barbaram Online content
500 Post Club Member
barbaram  Online Content

500 Post Club Member

I missed this recital (having also missed November), so I'm determined not to miss the next one!
Meanwhile I have been listening and enjoying very much, and here are my first set of comments:

01. PawelS - Moonlight Sonata Op.27 No.2 Mov.1
Great stuff after only 22 months! You bring out the melody effectively.
Good observation about the challenges of a slower tempo.

I’ve read Richard’s wonderfully detailed feedback on this, and I’d say consider that a generous gift of his time, attention and expertise.

03. MarieJ - Leo
This is lovely, and not one I was familiar with

04. CarlosCC - Divenire
This is lovely, and it *is* one I’m familiar with smile
It’s always a treat to listen to your Einaudi interpretations

05. SwissMS/Doris - Willy Wagglestick's Walkabout
This is great fun, such energy!

07. AZ_Astro - When Rivers Flowed on Mars
I really liked this, it creates a lovely mood. I hadn’t heard of the composer but this sounds like something I would enjoy learning

08. Peyton - Music For Tunnels
Fantastic, and lovely video too - wonderfully moody
I’m intrigued by your cross-handed playing

10. Riddler (Ed) - I Rembember Clifford
Fantastic, this is so polished you make it sound effortless.
I was curious, so I listened to your other versions.
Your 2008 version is also beautifully polished and accomplished! It was clearly already a keeper, but you have added a great deal in the intervening years. There’s added richness to your latest version, and your evocation of mood is just perfect.

11. JustinDAggie - Rondo Alla Turca
Great piece and you do a great job. I agree that there is nowhere to hide with this smile

14. h8dk97 - Bach's Invention# 13
Very effective, well done

15. Richard (zrtf90) - Intermezzo, Op. 117/1
A subtle, unshowy work that repays close attention. Beautifully played (of course!)

16. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 30, No. 6)
Gorgeous

18. Chris Beecham - Merry Farmer
Catchy piece, competently executed. I think I detected a tendency to speed up at certain points, something to watch for

19. Tubbie0075 - Prelude pour Louis & 5 Pieces
These are very sweet, I like the first and third especially

20. ajames - Bach short prelude in Cmin BWV 934
Very nice, and I totally agree with you about Bach! Looks straightforward on the page, often fine hands separate, then try to put it all together and brain explodes smile

21. Piano2138 - Lost
Nicely done. The excerpt of the Pavane was lovely, keep going!

23. Forrest Halford - Brahms Intermezzo, Op. 117, #2
Very lovely. Dare I say it, but this one grabs me more than #1, whose charms are more subtle and take more time to appreciate, for me anyway.
(Hope everyone’s ok there by the way wink )

Very nice Newbert - the improvisation course sounds interesting

25. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Nocturne in Bb Minor
Oooh, lovely! On my (too long) wishlist - someday!

26. kalospiano - Sakura (Cherry Blossoms)
Quite distinctive and interesting in its sound, nicely done

31. Sam S - Sonata K380
This is quite the foot tapper!
Very well done, and good luck with the recital.

32. SandTiger - Fading Light
Lovely mood, very evocative

33. Kris Shendo - Jacob's Theme
Great catchy tune, and super job to work it out by ear.
My kids and I really enjoyed the movie!

37. lyricmudra - Monday
Gorgeous (as usual from you)

#2617297 - 02/23/17 01:18 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
Piano2138 Offline
Piano2138  Offline

22. dynamobt/Marilyn - Kreisleriana - Sehr Langsam (#4)
Deep sound, good dynamics. Loved your sensitive and confident interpretation.

23. Forrest Halford - Brahms Intermezzo, Op. 117, #2
Beautiful piece, very expressive interpretation.

Nice playing, enjoyed your improvisation.

25. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Nocturne in Bb Minor
Very beautiful! Excellent level of interpretation after 3 years, delicate touch and impressive sound of piano.

26. kalospiano - Sakura (Cherry Blossoms)
Enjoyed your interpretation! Remarkable control for someone with 1 ½ years of experience.

27. Greener/Jeff - Db Nocturne
It sounds like a difficult piece, with your left hand working hard. Congratulations for completing the piece!

28. Ganddalf - "Sommerfugl" (Butterfly, Op.43 no.1)
Not a bad idea at all. Nice soft and precise touch to evoke the gentle flight of a butterfly.

29. MaryBee - Intermezzo Op. 117 No. 1
Very nice interpretation! Wonderful work with the voices and the dynamics.

30. CRP - Comptine d'un autre ete - L'apres midi
Well played! Another piece on my wish list.

Slowly, Separately, Sections - Graham Fitch
My SoundCloud
#2617325 - 02/23/17 02:38 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
cmb13 Offline
cmb13  Offline

Boca Raton, FL
I don't have a ton of time - just wanted to comment on two pieces:

#25 SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Nocturne in Bb Minor. I'm inspired. That's the piece I want to learn. That was amazing; I was reading other threads when listening to it, and forgot it wasn't a professional recording. Perfect. I may try to tackle this but I'm not sure I'm ready for it yet.

#35 jazztpt Time For Bed - Beautiful song love it! I would like to see the ending developed just a little more though; seems to end a little abruptly. Not trying to be critical; just thought "that's it?" when it ended. Didn't want it to end I suppose.

Those two stand out to me right now but all were wonderful. I hope to be able to contribute one day!

Boston 118 PE
#2617352 - 02/23/17 03:44 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
Greener Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
Greener  Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014

Toronto, Canada
Hello, and Happy Thursday.

Continuing on with a few more videos now and then will be taking from the top ...

46 PikaPianist - Sonata in A minor (Wq49/1), 3rd mvmt

For a fast agitated piece, it is not too difficult of one to listen to. Some are, though I know are interesting to play. Could be to do with your excellent quality execution of it. Nicely shot video and fine performance.

47 BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Sonatina in C (Op. 36, No. 1, II – Andante)
Nice job with this. Solid tempo throughout and clean playing. Good work.
____

2 earlofmar - Consolation No 1
A pretty piece and nicely played. The more I learn the more I like Liszt as a composer. We can learn from them all of course, but this one seems to be hitting all the right buttons in terms of what we need to know. Nice choice and good job with it.

3 MarieJ - Leo

Really easy and pleasant listening to this MarieJ. A polished and smooth sound that I think is intention with this composer. Very good.

4 CarlosCC - Divenire
Hello Carlos, my friend. So sorry I missed you last time around here. You know me, grumpy one day and the life of the party the next. Well that wasn't all of it, some physical exhaustion and laziness also had a role. Anyway, I never miss a performance. This piece is very nice one, and long. A lot to remember and keep straight. Especially like your own elements going into this. I'm not familiar with it to know what to expect, but it all produced a professional sound. Good job and fine playing.

6 wouter79 - Gluckes genug, Kinderszenen, Op. 15, No. 5

Nice. Really clear and great acoustic sound. I've tried one of these and what I remember is that is was quite a bit trickier then I thought it would be, in terms of how it looked on the page and sounded. I'm interested now to look more at this series. Well done.

10 Riddler (Ed) - I Rembember Clifford
Beautiful changes in this and pleasant cocktail swing. I've never heard this one before. Quite a nice piece that comes off well with your style. Nicely done.

12 J Soo - Intermezzo (from Faschingsschwank aus Wien, op. 26)

Well, that is quite mitt full of notes. You've done it well. The melody comes out strong and it is a great piece of work. A meager suggestion I thought if you care for it. Clarity of the LH would add to it (it is there but feels like competing for space.) Plus, a bit more note separation in the fast accompaniment. Really good work with a tough piece. It's sounding pretty great now.

14 h8dk97 - Bach's Invention# 13

Really great choice, first off. Exactly kind of stuff I think most appropriate for tackling classical. Guess they all have their place, but Bach is best. Clean execution and nicely done.

15 Richard (zrtf90) - Brahms Intermezzo, Op. 117/1
It is lovely piece that was totally unfamiliar to me of course. It is nice hearing it from you first here, Richard. Sounds to me like some very interesting and not so obvious harmonies that I always find challenging to get right and keep that way. I agree entirely that these works mature for us more noticeably with each iteration. I've not compared to prior versions, but maturity shows nicely here. Great performance.

17 xyzzyFL (Susan) - Shangri-La
Magical how it all comes together and everything feels right under the fingers and they just seem to go where they need to go. It is a clear show of progress and another stage to grow from. Pretty piece and nicely done.

18 Chris Beecham - Merry Farmer
A fun piece, Chris and nicely played. It is an uplifting melody and easy listen. All the gold starts in around this level. Nice job.

19 Tubbie0075 - Prelude pour Louis & 5 Pieces

Very good Tubbie0075 and all around big aspect of overall musicianship. As usual I liked the waltz the most. I'm sure they'll love it.

20 ajames - Bach short prelude in Cmin BWV 934
I love this prelude and play it often. There is another from the six I play too and plan to learn at least one more from the series. As a suggestion, I thought the LH was a little hallow until the end of the verses before it became legato. If you were able to get the LH closer to the legato you have achieved in RH, may allow the voices to naturally come out stronger. All the notes are mostly there. It is not an easy piece at all and really good job with it.

#2617436 - 02/23/17 07:56 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Peyton  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Maine
33. Kris Shendo- Kris, did you come home and play this after watching the film? If so, then you have one heck of a memory! Great arrangement and great playing. I'm very impressed!

35. jazzpt- Not bad for 30 years in the making smile Wonderful piece and wonderful playing.

39. sinophilia- I love listening to all of pieces from "Scenes". Very nice playing.

40. casinitaly- Always a pleasure to listen to you play Cheryl. What a fun
Bach. Nicely done but I wish you had been able to get that tuner over… smile I enjoy that acoustic.

Last edited by Peyton; 02/23/17 07:57 PM.

www.youtube.com/Biffer5
www.peytonart.com

#2617485 - 02/23/17 10:29 PM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: Greener]  
J Soo Offline
J Soo  Offline

Originally Posted by Greener

12 J Soo - Intermezzo (from Faschingsschwank aus Wien, op. 26)

Well, that is quite mitt full of notes. You've done it well. The melody comes out strong and it is a great piece of work. A meager suggestion I thought if you care for it. Clarity of the LH would add to it (it is there but feels like competing for space.) Plus, a bit more note separation in the fast accompaniment. Really good work with a tough piece. It's sounding pretty great now.

A very insightful suggestion, I'd say. It's something I struggled with, just how much to emphasize the left hand, which for the most part is an octave to start every measure, then a dissonant accent on every third beat. It definitely needs to be strong and yet can easily overwhelm, and I was aware of possibly underplaying it. So I'm glad to have your impression on this.

Hoping to catch up this weekend, thanks for all the comments!

I left the piano for a while, but it never left me
#2617538 - 02/24/17 03:46 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
piano_primo_1 Offline
500 Post Club Member
piano_primo_1  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Pittsburgh,PA
Great recital. Many different styles and skill levels of the players !!! and pieces that I’d never heard.
Note a few pieces I was unable to hear on the net - because the sound didn’t seem to be processed correctly, but were audible in the zip files
30. CRP ,
40. CASINITALY ,
48. lvojnovic
but then it’s just a mention –

So -Til next time!

01. PawelS - Moonlight Sonata Op.27 No.2 Mov.1 beautiful ambient sound and video- piano room atmosphere.

02. earlofmar - Consolation No 1 Nice piano sound and played well. I need spme tips on revitalizing my regime also, but I guess it’ll come on it’s own.

03. MarieJ - Leo such a well played and delicate , pretty piece, I loved the music, the trills were also so nicely articulate.
Well done!

04. CarlosCC - Divenire recording method and sound is super clear and crisp (as usual) . Nice piece. Well played dramatic well done dynamics especially at end.

05. SwissMS/Doris - Willy Wagglestick's Walkabout Way cool jazz Orleans sound , and authentic ,Damn Nice!!!---Oddly sorta reminded me of the Beatles (sexie saide?)!!Don’t know which for sure ?? Anyway, well played and cool choice and tune. Good luck with the ABRSM exam at the end of May.

06. wouter79 - Gluckes genug, Kinderszenen, Op. 15, No. 5 never heard this but nice repetitive motif. Well played.

07. AZ_Astro - When Rivers Flowed on Mars cool piece to do -dreamy in feeling but somber. Nicely played!

08. Peyton - Music For Tunnels Very different and creative video. Honestly, the music somewhat is somber and haunting, and was layered with a bound-ish kind a feel. -Maybe because of the way you played and the positioning of your hands on the piano. (Don’t know if that was extreme effect on your part to evoke that feeling, but that’s on the whole what it gave me.) Good effort, -fine original work.

09. Monica K. - Ships of Troy Very well done and quite impressive that it is so lengthy of a piece. Brought about a lot of emotions contemplate vie and the dynamics were effective (i.e. the bass octaves at 3 mins in the video )
What a moving piece and - the historical matches the melody well.

10. Riddler (Ed) - I Rembember Clifford Super recording sound – although it does sound chorused in parts, but great listening and overall feel to the piece. Superb really!

11. JustinDAggie - Rondo Alla Turca impressive! Wow, got me moving –this would seem to be something that would take quite some time to perfect or at least have 4 hands? Great work .

12. J Soo - Intermezzo (from Faschingsschwank aus Wien, op. 26) well, what can I say, Very impressed, smooth but seems slurred at times maybe it should be huh>?? Well great work , thanks!

13. peterws - Lost elevator very moving bittersweet melodic improv .. work!!

14. h8dk97 - Bach's Invention# 13 good job but maybe needs a little more practice , But I enjoyed it well!!

15. Richard (zrtf90) - Intermezzo, Op. 117/1 Nicely played … Good long piece and nice listening experience!

16. JoBert - Venetian Gondola Song (Songs Without Words - Opus 30, No. 6) Well odne nice somber piece to listen to.. Good Work!

17. xyzzyFL (Susan) - Shangri-La sorta cool jazz piano feel and well played , enjoyed the song.

18. Chris Beecham - Merry Farmer cool tune ..shouldn’t this be a little more staccato ? Anyway well done.

19. Tubbie0075 - Prelude pour Louis & 5 Pieces cool original tune good playing and enjoyed the listen .

20. ajames - Bach short prelude in Cmin BWV 934 nice , short tune. I honestly never heard this prelude before.

21. Piano2138 - Lost nice recording , but the melody was difficult to discern ( at times?) was this an exercise or a study?, but -I enjoyed the listen.

22. dynamobt/Marilyn - Kreisleriana - Sehr Langsam (#4) well played and moving harmony in many places, nice bass sound overall. Nice
23. Forrest Halford - Brahms Intermezzo, Op. 117, #2 Very excelelent-quite a vid and piano! …..

24. Newbert - Daydreaming really well done , melodic and moving –I actually played this two recitals ago…-I like yours better!!!

25. SMA55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Nocturne in Bb Minor that’s a beautiful piece and well played. Enjoyed the listening experience! Impressive memory !

26. kalospiano - Sakura (Cherry Blossoms) Nicely doen and it has the Japanese eastern koto twang to it…. Good work!

27. Greener/Jeff - Db Nocturne Cool authentic piano sound! Well played- dramatic in parts. As you said you’re moving on from this piece, but sure do have a good start …

28. Ganddalf - "Sommerfugl" (Butterfly, Op.43 no.1) Very well played , and articulated well.

29. MaryBee - Intermezzo Op. 117 No. 1 nice old fashioned lullabye – piece ,well done !

30. CRP - Comptine d'un autre ete - L'apres midi Sorry ! There’s something like a subtle sadness about this piece. Well done!!! And good choice of a piece. A few measures at the end to iron out but it it a very good start!

31. Sam S - Sonata K380 Wooo, man impressive!!!! Enjoyed the music, playing and the authentic piano sound! That piano really sounds great!

32. SandTiger - Fading Light Nice motif , sort of haunting and dark.. Nice listen !

33. Kris Shendo - Jacob's Theme Impressively clean clear sound and playing, very professional .. enjoyed it a lot !!
What a vpc-1?

34. that'sRich - Night in May moving piece, played well . enjoyed the authentic piano sound!

35. jazztpt - Time For Bed Nice ot know music can always renew itself – well played and pretty light sounding melody for night!

36. Moonsh1ne - Waltz in A Minor, Op. Posthumous nice piano and touch that you have to the keys . Well played delicate dynamics!

37. lyricmudra - Monday Yes very nice moving emotive piece and you played it smoothly and fine.. Enjoyed the listen good dynamics and phrasing !

38. carlos88 - Our Town, III. The Resting-place on the Hill very well odne a different style of movie theme … Enjoyed the listen !

39. sinophilia - A Curious Story - Op. 15 no. 2 Sounds great .. although I sometimes the Schumann pieces sound good staccato , WHAT DO I KNOW? Enjoyable listen !

40. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Minuet in G 116 BWV I had the flu also and it was a two weeks in bed… still feel like I need recovery….
Good steady piece, tempo but a start , maybe a lil faster ? … Enjoyed the listen – hope you’re over the flu!

41. Zoot64 - La Lutine Very well played nice even tempo and phrasing… & Good recording !

42. Mike White Yamaha G3 & p-80 - Stormy Weather Impressive …. Good sound and recording ,, loved this song once it got going ,, sounds chorused 2 pianos? ---well played!

43. Piano Primo 1 - "Inspiration" -Love Theme ….uyhhhhh next time

44. UnderConstruction - Nocturne Op9 No2 This is a classic piece I just really like and you played it very well, Even and phrased well. Enjoyable listen !!!

45. briangmoore - Scarlatti Sonata in D minor K32 Never heard this, broadens my listening . Well done Enjoyable listen !

46. PikaPianist - Sonata in A minor (Wq49/1), 3rd mvmt Impressicve and you really articulated this piece well …. Enjoyable listen ! Sure this toiok a lot of work !!!!! Sounds great!

47. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Sonatina in C (Op. 36, No. 1, II - Andante) Well played ,,, enjoyed the listen !

48. lvojnovic - BWV 939 Little prelude in C major Well played, good start!!!!

49. Montuno - Solitude Nice reverb to this and delicate touch.. I enjoyed the listen very much , contemplative piece!

50. blackjack1777 - Waltz A Minor Op. Posthumous Really well phrased and nice reverb to the piece! Enjoyable listen. Definitely crisp sound to the bass ( maybe a little staccato?)!

51. Patbreaker - Prelude in c minor Nice picker up at the end and super treble and bass chorus. Well done

Til the next recital !!!

Cheers!!!

#2617542 - 02/24/17 05:34 AM Re: Recital 45 --- General Discussion Room [Re: AB Forum Recital]  
MarieJ Offline
MarieJ  Offline

Queensland Australia
32. SandTiger - Fading Light A peaceful, gentle atmosphere here - nice work!

33. Kris Shendo - Jacob's Theme Adapted, improvised, and memorised! Wow! A captivating melody, and the syncopation worked really well. I enjoyed it very much.

34. that'sRich - Night in May This was a new one to me. I liked both its impressionistic flavour, and your fine performance - well done.

35. jazztpt - Time For Bed Another original composition to enjoy - we’re very fortunate. This was tranquil, polished, and … lovely!

36. Moonsh1ne - Waltz in A Minor, Op. Posthumous Precise, clean, delicate - and absolutely faultless trills. smile Delightful - thank you!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  BB Player, casinitaly 

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Searching for my perfect piano
by vais4pianists. 06/22/17 10:47 AM
Used QRS midi strip /Pianodisk midi strip
by Marc NY. 06/22/17 09:42 AM
1899 Knabe Concert Grand
by Keith D Kerman. 06/22/17 09:29 AM
Returning to Piano after awhile
by acdyer23. 06/22/17 06:38 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics180,389
Posts2,638,175
Members88,153
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Check It Out!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission