It is time to make the commitment for 2017! So, take the plunge and commit to MOYD (Master of Your Domain) 2017
. Join in - play every day - and see how much it helps improve your piano skills!
MOYD is a personal challenge where you commit to playing the piano for some amount of time every single day. It might be a few hours, it might be a few minutes - it doesn't matter - as long as you sit down and touch those keys!!!
It doesn't matter if it is a grand, an upright, or a digital. Nor does it matter if it is your piano or any other. If you are traveling and you come across an available piano and play for five minutes, it counts! Any piano, anywhere, for any amount of time will do the job.
If you miss a day you must come here and say so. Please report AFTER the fact. We only need to know when you DID miss playing - not that you "might not be able to play".
2017 will be the 13th year of MOYD on ABF.MOYD RULES
1. Participating in MOYD requires you to sit on the piano bench and play something at least once daily. That's it. There is no minimum amount of time required. Five minutes counts... but more is better. Simply get to the piano everyday, let it become a habit, and see what good things happen to your piano skills.
2. If you are away from home (for business, or for personal reasons) , you don't have to practice/play that day. You go to the 'Excused list".
3. If you are sick, you don't have to practice/play. You go to the 'Excused list".
4. If you are at home, and you are not sick and you miss a day, you have to come here and tell us the sad story of what kept you from playing. Then you go to the "Back on the Wagon list".
5. You may start late - however no new participants are accepted after September 30th. This is a hard deadline in fairness to everyone who has participated all year.
6. Everyone who has reported being away, being sick, falling off and getting back on the wagon, or who signs up late has the right to put the MOYD 2017 badge in their signatures on 31 December 2017.HOW TO JOIN
Simply reply to this thread declaring your enthusiastic willingness to join in and be committed to the plan! I will check in regularly and update this first page with the information you provide.
Signature pictures will be offered to those who are 2017 MOYD winners. Below you will find the 2016 Siggies, for those who participated in 2016. INSTRUCTIONS FOR ADDING IMAGES TO YOUR SIGNATURE:
1. Place your cursor on the desired icon,
2. right click,
3. go to properties,
4. copy the Url,
5. go to your profile page signature box,
6. place cursor,
7. click on "enter an image" paste.
8. save changes
So, 2016 MOYD'ers, grab a badge and display it proudly! You earned it with your hard work in 2016. Then, join in again for another year of fun with MOYD!2017 MOYD participants:
Dr. JeffExcused Days:
Stubbie - Jan 8-14, Mar 16
WiseBuff - Jan 15, 29-30, Feb 15016
Palmpirate - Jan 18
OrangeredStilton - Jan 19, Feb 8
ClsscLib- Jan 19, Feb 7, Feb 16, Feb 28. Mar 8
BSW Jan 21
barbaram Jan 20, 21
Qazsedcft - Jan 23, Feb 3-10
MeganR - Jan 21-25
SadieLady -Feb 3-6
Casintaly - Feb 5, Feb 6
SwissMS - Feb 4
PianoVibe - Feb 14-15
fofig- Feb 11-17
torquenale - Feb 12-17
janz - Feb 21-24. Feb 28-Mar 3
Sundew - Feb 20-23
Oongawa - Feb 24-25
Tone Deaf - June 19-July 8
PatrickBI - Feb 12,17Morodiene - Mar 11
Terry Michael - March 9-17
Piano Vibe - March 20Late Start:
BrainCramp Jan 21
AprilE Jan 21
alans Jan 23
ghazaleh Feb 2
Emily Thorn - Feb 11
sempiano - Feb 22
pianosuzemn - March 14Back on the Wagon:
Morodiene Jan 2
BillTheSlink - Jan 7
The Pawn Jan 8
Doc519 - Jan 23
motoduc - Jan 24
PianoVibe - Jan 24, Jan 29
Tery Michael - Jan 28
gazaleh - Feb 21
mom3gram - Feb 25
OrangeredStilton - Feb 25
PianoPerformance March 20