2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (36251, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, 10 invisible), 1,430 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2593652 12/10/16 02:47 PM
P
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
P
Does anyone know of a source where I could find good jazz arrangements of Christmas songs? Everything I've found in this vein so far has been too basic.

Regards,

Polyphonist
B
B
I really like this book: https://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Songs-Jazz-Piano-Solos/dp/1476812063/

I have a few other jazz Christmas books, but that is the one I play from the most.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Shaun Choo's free and sensationally good Winter Wonderland. You can hear him play it on YT or the link at the bottom of this page:
http://musicshaun.com/product/rudolph-in-winter-wonderland/

Jacob Koller's arrangements of Jingle Bells and Santa Claus is Coming To Town. He plays them on YT.
http://www.jacobkoller.com/sheet-music.html

My folder of Christmas arrangements: Some of the most advanced are Bayless' White Christmas and O'Come All Ye Faithful, Garson's God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and The Christmas Song, Grainger's The Sussex Mummer's Carol, Rosenblatt's Christmas Fantasy, McKenna's The Christmas Song, and Dave Brubeck's A Christmas Album. But many, actually most, of the somewhat less technically difficult arrangements are incredibly good.

https://www.mediafire.com/#6gj7sfv4a7tif

Last edited by pianoloverus; 12/10/16 05:10 PM.
M
M
Not sure if this is jazzy enough but very nice arrangements: Readers Digest Merry Christmas for piano and organ. Available used through Amazon.

many hands many smiles

Big Mama Yama U1
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by pianoloverus
Shaun Choo's free and sensationally good Winter Wonderland. You can hear him play it on YT or the link at the bottom of this page:
http://musicshaun.com/product/rudolph-in-winter-wonderland/

Jacob Koller's arrangements of Jingle Bells and Santa Claus is Coming To Town. He plays them on YT.
http://www.jacobkoller.com/sheet-music.html

My folder of Christmas arrangements: Some of the most advanced are Bayless' White Christmas and O'Come All Ye Faithful, Garson's God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and The Christmas Song, Grainger's The Sussex Mummer's Carol, Rosenblatt's Christmas Fantasy, McKenna's The Christmas Song, and Dave Brubeck's A Christmas Album. But many, actually most, of the somewhat less technically difficult arrangements are incredibly good.

https://www.mediafire.com/#6gj7sfv4a7tif

Just FYI - your share doesn't seem to work. I thought maybe I had to create a Mediafire account, but it still doesn't work. (also, thanks.)

As far as what I'm playing this year. People "back home" mostly want to hear carols, so I've been polishing up all the ones in the Methodist Hymnal. Although I did have to go farther afield to find The Wexford Carol, which isn't in there.

Last edited by David Farley; 12/11/16 12:57 PM.
Online Content
Originally Posted by David Farley
Just FYI - your share doesn't seem to work. I thought maybe I had to create a Mediafire account, but it still doesn't work. (also, thanks.)

As far as what I'm playing this year. People "back home" mostly want to hear carols, so I've been polishing up all the ones in the Methodist Hymnal. Although I did have to go farther afield to find The Wexford Carol, which isn't in there.
I tried clicking on the link, and it worked for me. I'm not skilled with computers so I can't suggest why it didn't work for you. It does take about 5-10 seconds for the links to all the PDFs to appear, and I think the link has worked for quite a few others in previous years. Anyone else not able to use the link successfully?

Last edited by pianoloverus; 12/11/16 02:36 PM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

I tried clicking on the link, and it worked for me. I'm not skilled with computers so I can't suggest why it didn't work for you. It does take about 5-10 seconds for the links to all the PDFs to appear, and I think the link has worked for quite a few others in previous years. Anyone else not able to use the link successfully?

For what it's worth, when I click on the link, it redirects me to #myfiles instead of #6gj7sfv4a7tif, which appears to be the name of the share. I tried it in two different browsers and waited, but nothing else appeared. Thanks.

S
PW Gold Subscriber
PW Gold Subscriber
S

For what it's worth, when I click on the link, it redirects me to #myfiles instead of #6gj7sfv4a7tif, which appears to be the name of the share. I tried it in two different browsers and waited, but nothing else appeared. Thanks.

I was not able to access the files last year-- nor this year.

Online Content
I am using Firefox as my browser. If anyone has any suggestions about how to make my collection available, it would be appreciated.

A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Google Drive?

I am no expert. Someone can tell you better. smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I am using Firefox as my browser. If anyone has any suggestions about how to make my collection available, it would be appreciated.

I think I see what's going on. As a test, I created a shared folder with a picture of some funny dogs from reddit. Here's the link that it tells me to copy and paste:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ghurx099vvapi/test

But here's how it appears after I paste that link into a browser and load the page:

https://www.mediafire.com/#ghurx099vvapi

That second link works for me, probably because I'm the owner, but I bet it doesn't work for anybody else. But I can paste that first link into any browser and it goes to my shared directory. Not sure why it works that way, but that's what it does.

Try going back to the folder you want to share, right click on the folder, select "copy link" and then use that as the link to share. Or right-click and select Share, and you'll see the correct link to share - there's even a button to copy it.

Online Content
I tried the above suggestion so I hope the link works now. Someone please try it and let me know. Hopefully, you'll see one of the largest collection of top quality Christmas arrangements in the galaxy.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6gj7sfv4a7tif/Christmas%20music

Last edited by pianoloverus; 12/11/16 05:41 PM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

That works. Thanks!

A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Polyphonist is going to be very entertained now. smile

P
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Albunea

I am?

Regards,

Polyphonist
S
PW Gold Subscriber
PW Gold Subscriber
S
Thanks so very much! What a lovely Christmas present

A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Polyphonist

I am?

You should. laugh

P
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Polyphonist

I am?

You should. laugh

For what reason?

Regards,

Polyphonist
A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Ay Polyphonist, you wanted some music and pianoloverus has brought a big pile. Just looking through would take a long time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,193
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission