2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
26 members (Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, JohnCW, Kawai James, Fried Chicken, 8 invisible), 1,255 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

2000 Post Club Member
Hi, I just stumbled into a beautiful electric organ at a flea market, it's a Farfisa R250 (Italian maker). They are asking €160 for it, but I found the same model online, apparently in even better conditions, for €50 - the guy claims he is selling it for such a low price because he needs to clear out.

I play the piano (badly) but I would love to try and have fun with this little thing. Is it worth travelling 400 km back and forth to pick it up? Is it even something that can be easily lifted into my car or are these things super heavy?

Thanks!

[Linked Image]

W
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
W
I wouldn't recommend you the purchase. The general Farfisa sound of this series is the sound of a transistor organ, no tube sound, and not close at all to the soft, harmonic and living Hammand organ sound.
Have had a 259R, much more sounds, functions, advanced rhythm section, and especially the analog drawers to mix the organ overtones while playing and a mechanical Leslie. The most important feature of an organ, the analog drawers are not even present on the model you show interest in.
If you are a fan of old transistor organs, or interested in electronics and search for a nice piece of electronic boards for practicing and meanwhile producing sound, and if the current owner delivers it free of cost to your house, then ok. But simply transporting such huge and heavy piece, maybe moving it up the stairs to a flat, is not worth the pain. A pitty for those old instruments, but if going for any of such old pieces, then at least for a fully equipped version with minimum the drawers, and hopefully a real Leslie (not any electronic emulation of it).

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

2000 Post Club Member
Oh - that's disappointing. I don't know anything about electric organs, I just liked the look of it and thought it would be fun to play with the weird sound. I have digital pianos that simulate the electric organ sound but this looked much more charming. It would cost me about another €50 in gas and highway fees, so I guess it's not worth it. Thank you!

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
You should be able to find a similar organ for free. The owners will be glad you hauled it away for them.

Reading Piano World with Javascript turned off (no logins, no ads, fast response times). I will receive PMs.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission