2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (bwv543, Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,172 guests, and 282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Peterws, a splitter cable of some sort crossed my mind, but how do you do it? Can you play from your computer an audio file, MP3, WAV, M4A,..., through the splitter, and directly into your headphones? Or does the audio go through your piano first? If it's through the piano, is it loud enough, and free from hum, distortions, clipping and such?

Dmd, I was wondering about the same thing. The Ringway is obviously not the most popular digital in the world, but I found this Dutch website, and the only connections mentioned there, are two headphone inputs, Line out, MIDI In/Out, and USB MIDI. Nothing about wireless/Bluetooth, or anything of that sort.

http://zuidnederlandpianos.nl/collectie/digitale-pianos/ringway_mp-8820

Last edited by TheodorN; 11/03/16 05:52 PM.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I just looked up the Yamaha DGX 650 manual, and it DOES have a USB-to-PC terminal, so there.
Alternately you just plug it with audio jack to your line-in on PC. Use a splitter if needed, as Peter said.

[Linked Image]XXXVII-XXXVIII
I pray, that tomorrow I may strive to be a little better than I am today - and, on behalf of everybody else, I give thanks for headphones.
M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Jytte
I just looked up the Yamaha DGX 650 manual, and it DOES have a USB-to-PC terminal, so there.
Alternately you just plug it with audio jack to your line-in on PC. Use a splitter if needed, as Peter said.

But does it do audio over the USB, or just MIDI?

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
USB-Computer is MIDI only. USB stick can do .wav

Originally Posted by TheodorN
Peterws, a splitter cable of some sort crossed my mind, but how do you do it? Can you play from your computer an audio file, MP3, WAV, M4A,..., through the splitter, and directly into your headphones? Or does the audio go through your piano first? If it's through the piano, is it loud enough, and free from hum, distortions, clipping and such?

Only way is to try. I can play (haha) electric bass thro` the piano without issues but when I introduce the audio from the computer into the splitter, it kills the stereo stone dead, diminishing the sound (bass g`tar is mono). It`s also about impedance; it`s better pn balance for me to use an ext amp which will handle each input separately.

Last edited by peterws; 11/04/16 11:25 AM.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
E
emzero Offline OP
OP Offline
E
The Ringway definitely has an audio interface built-in because as soon as you plug the USB cable to the computer a new "audio device" appears (just like when you connect an external USB audio interface). So when I said "no cables" I meant without AUDIO cables, just the USB.
Unfortunately it seems this is not standard to digital pianos and at least the DGX doesn't do it. The USB to PC is only meant to transfer MIDI data, not AUDIO, since it doesn't have an audio interface built-in.

I tried connecting a miniplug from the laptop headphones output to the aux in of the DGX but the sound quality is not good.

I'll get myself a 2i2 and that's it.

Originally Posted by emzero

I tried connecting a miniplug from the laptop headphones output to the aux in of the DGX but the sound quality is not good.

Hope you succeed; I found the headphone socket invaluable and worked well in the 650 and every other piano I`ve had, it`s stereo minijack each end.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by emzero
The Ringway definitely has an audio interface built-in because as soon as you plug the USB cable to the computer a new "audio device" appears (just like when you connect an external USB audio interface). So when I said "no cables" I meant without AUDIO cables, just the USB.
Unfortunately it seems this is not standard to digital pianos and at least the DGX doesn't do it. The USB to PC is only meant to transfer MIDI data, not AUDIO, since it doesn't have an audio interface built-in.

As mentioned earlier, the laptop soundcard may be of poor quality. Using a 2i2 is a good idea.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission