2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, crab89, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 12 invisible), 2,045 guests, and 318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 91 of 95 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
C
C
Originally Posted by aahmedd
hello everybody i bought hp603 7 months ago i liked it very much but but after 3 months problems began . the piano tuned off while playing or restarts many times randomly i don't know what to do . can anybody help me ?. thank you

I had this issue - it started after owning my HP605 for a few months. As others have said, it was a faulty switch that controlled the auto on/off with the lid. Roland sent out a technician to replace the switch with an updated switch module. That was about 6 months ago and I've had no problems since.

HP605
M
M
Originally Posted by CPShines
Originally Posted by aahmedd
...the piano tuned off while playing or restarts many times randomly...

I had this issue...

I also had this on my HP605 but it went away by it self after the summer.
It only happened it the first few minutes after turning the piano on.
I don't know why it got fix.

PS
Another thing that fixed it self after the summer was the dirty/sticky keys to the touch (not locked keys, just feel dirty), I was cleaning the keyboard daily frown - two things I'll report back in the next summer.

A
A
my last update is 1.09 . i have already disabled the lid power on - off but the problem still exist i even disabled the auto power off and the problem still exist

F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Hi smile

Today I took delivery of a Roland LX-17. (It was *hard* getting it up these tight stairs, but all went well in the end.)

I've just done a few tests with the default settings, and I'm happy to report that it does *NOT* have the LX-7 problem of having too much high frequencies in the speakers below the keyboard. It not only has the two extra speakers at the top, but the frequencies are distributed differently.

This thing sounds phenomenal, even in the small bedroom it is in now. Opening and closing the top lid really makes a difference to the sound. If you just sit and play, you don't really notice it; you get used to the sound quite quickly. If you play a big arpeggio however, and then quickly close or open the lid, you can definitely hear the sound change.

(After I finish redecorating the living room, the LX-17 will be moved there... down the stairs again... crap.)

It is about €850 more expensive than the Yamaha CLP-585 PE, and and €900 extra over the LX-7 PE. I did get the LX-17 somewhat cheaper (and a matching bench for free), but even at full price the LX-17 is worth the extra money.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that the top of the fallboard is also the music stand.

I require larger sheet music because of poor vision, so I enlarge everything.

I calculated the stand at 91 cm high, using pictures and the given measurements in the specs, and I expected it to be too high for an A3 binder, which is 42cm tall. The stand indeed turned out to be 90.7 cm high, and I was correct; the A3 binder is too tall. Reading notes at the top left and right is uncomfortable. I have to edit the sheet music and reprint it in A4 landscape. (Which is more work than just reprinting A4 to A3.)

If I would fill the A3 binder with sheet music, it would become at least as heavy as some of those huge fakebooks, and I don't really trust the fallboard to stay up when such a weight is put onto it.

I did know all of this when I ordered the piano. The lower music stand is the ONE thing that I consider to be an advantage for the CLP-585 and Kawai CS-8/11 as compared to the LX-17. I also like the music stand on the LX-7 better. (I know, most people complain that the music stand on those piano's is too low, but I'm a special case in this regard.)

After I've had the piano for a few days, I'll write a detailed comparison between the CA-67/CS-8, CLP-585, LX-7 (tested), LX-17 (bought blind, after testing the LX-7 with headphones), and the MP7, which I also own.

Last edited by Falsch; 11/03/16 08:51 AM.

Kawai Novus NV-10 | Pianoteq 7
(Kremsegg 1 & 2, Ruckers II, Karsten, KIVIR, Steinway D, K2)
Intel NUC J5040, 8GB, SSD | iPad Pro 12.9 2018 | forScore
F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
On the other hand, I'm thinking to not even bother writing a review.

Anything else but Kawai seems to be almost completely ignored in this forum. If someone buys a Roland or Yamaha digital piano, nobody seems to care why they chose it, and if someone buys a Kawai ES8 or even ES100, half the forum explodes into action.

Last edited by Falsch; 11/06/16 11:59 AM.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
What kind of responses do you expect writing a review for an already well known and reviewed instrument, in a 181 page thread? Most people have already tested it anyway. Besides, personally I never bother reading first days reviews. They all seem to be all joy and flowers. And for me this has nothing to do with brands or models. I'd wait for an owner to have at least 6 months with a piano before trusting his opinion.

Last edited by CyberGene; 11/06/16 12:13 PM.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
That is why I said I would write a review after I've played the piano for a few days, or maybe a week or two.

This is just a digital instrument. Somewhat expensive, but it's not a $50k rebuilt grand piano from the 1920's that I've been wanting for 20 years, so it doesn't have any emotional value to me with regard tot he specific instrument.

I don't have 'honeymoon phases' when it comes to digital things such as camera's, computers, or even piano's. It's just the digital piano that came out best when testing the CA67/CS8, LX-7/LX-17, and CLP-585.

I'm not loyal to any brand. I've had a Hammond organ (a 'real' one), then a Technics KN-3000 keyboard, after that a Yamaha PSR-900 and a Tyros (which I didn't like), then a Roland AT-100, after that a Hammond XH-200 (which I still regret having to sell because I moved into an apartment), a Nord C2D, and I now have a Kawai MP7 and a Roland LX-17. If, in 5 years Casio releases a piano that I like better than the LX-17 for technical and/or aesthetic reasons, I'll change again if I can afford it.

The moment I'm going to stop exchanging instruments is when I end up with an acoustic instrument, to which the digital will take a back seat. That might never happen, because of the sound levels, maintenance required, and moving challenges of acoustic piano's.

In short, when I'd write a review about the LX-17, it states why I chose it, now, in 2016, comparing it to instruments in (or almost in) its class, and nothing more.

But, I'll only write such a review when I see some interest in people wanting to know what I think of the instruments, and I can't see it; I *can* see that interest as soon as someone buys a Kawai piano.

Last edited by Falsch; 11/06/16 12:29 PM.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I can see what you say here. Now the Rolands have had a tremendous response, just look at the hits and pages of response. And i agree Kawais are vastly overrated imo here, can`t quite figure out why, althought the es8 is sound. Imo . .

I had a similar problem wi the DGXs I bought. You see, these were un-arguably the best sounding pianos on the market, digital or otherwise, and I done my best to prove it to this motley lot wi my rather less than scintillating playing (and debating) skills. They`re a bloody hard bunch to crack. grin

Thought I was on the verge of a breakthrough.

Then I bought an FP50. . . . (Gallic shrug)

But, fire away on your review. I`ve played one and would consider it if I hadn`t fallen for the Pianoteq Bechstein . . . .
At least the Roland has a standard size keyboard!

Last edited by peterws; 11/06/16 01:12 PM.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
B
B
Originally Posted by Falsch

In short, when I'd write a review about the LX-17, it states why I chose it, now, in 2016, comparing it to instruments in (or almost in) its class, and nothing more.

But, I'll only write such a review when I see some interest in people wanting to know what I think of the instruments, and I can't see it

If you only write something because you think people might want to read it, you'll forever be second-guessing what people want grin. People don't ask, unless they are thinking of buying.

Personally, I write when I feel like writing, and never canvass people's opinions before I do. I'm not a politician, and I'm not looking for votes. Not even for approval. (I won't mention HC. I won't even mention DT). My ego is big enough not to care........ wink

But if you want to know how many people read your prose, just look at the number of 'Views" rise after you've posted thumb.

If music be the food of love, play on!
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
From what I've discovered the amplifiers used in these models are all tripath/class D amplifiers; these do tend to suffer more easily from noise artefacts when supplied by a none too steady power supply and are a little more susceptible to noise from other devices. If the noise is sometimes there sometimes not I would say interference from another appliance hooked up on the same group as the piano is, such as a fridge or PC or even LED bulbs of CFL bulbs. If it is constant one might start enquiring for another powersupply or if it is uncommon fault with this piano write Roland service for advice on possibly another PSU..

Roland HP605|Senheiser HD558|MSFT Surface Pro 4|coffee
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I wonder if there is anyone on the forum has had the opportunity to compare the DP603 and HP605.
We are currently looking at purchasing a Roland, and we're wondering how the HP605 and DP603 compare in terms of sound.
None of the dealers 'near' us have both on display so a direct comparison is not possible

The fact that the DP603's 12cm speakers are mounted at knee level and radiating directly as opposed to what seems to us the nearly closed cabinet of the HP605 with more speakers radiating indirectly makes us think of putting a good speaker inside a cupboard with comparable muffled/closed sound?

Originally Posted by Goss
I wonder if there is anyone on the forum has had the opportunity to compare the DP603 and HP605.
We are currently looking at purchasing a Roland, and we're wondering how the HP605 and DP603 compare in terms of sound.
None of the dealers 'near' us have both on display so a direct comparison is not possible

I have a HP605 and I compared it directly with all the other models in the range before buying. As you might expect, each model sounds better than the last as you go up the range. Buying the 605 instead of the 603 was a no-brainer given the small difference in price, but I did not consider it worthwhile to go higher, even though the sound is better, due to the larger difference in price. You should also note that you cannot use the HP603 as a bluetooth speaker, which is something we use far more than we thought we would e.g. for playing music in the room where the piano is, from our phones.

P
PBL Offline
P
Just remember, the DP603 can be used as a Bluetooth speaker as opposed to the HP603.

Soundwise, the HP603 and DP603 should be equal with the same speakers and watts, but the DP603 has a higher volume level (108dB vs 106dB).

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks for the replies Roy and PBL!

My wife liked what she saw when she searched for Roland digital pianos and saw the compact modern styles of the DP ( and the Kiyola-though when she saw its price she shelved that one immediately lol ) and I, having once heard side by side the LX17 and the Yamaha CLP-545 with its more or less the same speaker setup of the 605, am pretty certain I will be donning headphones most of the time anyways since the LX17 is beyond what we consider financially practical, and the sound of the Yamaha 545 definitely sounded muffled in comparison.

My thinking was the direct radiating speakers might make the 603 sound more crisp and open than the 605. As for max SPL - I doubt I will ever play it at those levels - anything above 90 makes me cringe lol and yes the sticker price is pretty close.. Actually I can buy the 605 for less than the 603 though it is a Roland b-stock 3 year warrantied one.

Should I be worried about bstock by the way?

Last edited by Goss; 12/07/16 08:25 AM.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
A HP603 with a pair of reasonably priced powered monitors sitting atop might very well shame a HP605.

The heavens declare the glory of God;
and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Rolland go to a lot of trouble to ensure that the right sounds come from the right place in the cabinet, to give you an immersive 'real piano' experience. This is difficult to detect with your ears, but trust me when I say that it all kinda works, and it works well. My advice would be to go with the HP605 if you can afford it, or higher still in the range if you can afford more.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by brooster
A HP603 with a pair of reasonably priced powered monitors sitting atop might very well shame a HP605.

Th'at is most likely true, though as it is called in hifi land the WAF would be very very low XD

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
What are the main differences between the HP-605 and LX-7? I'm sure it's been said here but 61 pages are a lot to sort through.

Originally Posted by Joe Garfield
What are the main differences between the HP-605 and LX-7? I'm sure it's been said here but 61 pages are a lot to sort through.

In a nutshell: the number of speakers, the quality of the amps driving those speakers, and the size of the cabinet that houses those speakers.

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Thank you smile

Page 91 of 95 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 94 95

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission