I have a serious technical problem with my 6-months old Kawai CN35
digital piano. A strong cracking/popping noise is randomly produced by the piano speakers. Please listen sound sample at the address below (strong noise at 19s and 23s marks!), and check the sound image attached (for a description of sound events). https://soundcloud.com/user-944689288/noise http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/noise.png
More details below:
- when headphones are plugged the noise moves to the headphones only
- the noise is not related with pressing a key (it sometimes starts right after power up)
- the noise is volume sensitive (it disappears completely when the volume is set to minimum)
- the noise also happens when "Local Control" is set to off (that is, piano sound engine off)
- the piano was OK in the beginning, the problem started 2-3 weeks ago, without doing anything unusual
In order to isolate the problem I did the following:
- all cables disconnected from the piano (except the power cord), the noise is still there...
- I handshake the power cord along its length, but the noise does not seem to be related with this...
- I changed the wall outlet, the noise is still there...
- I turned off all home devices to reduce interference, the noise is still there...
I can't use the piano anymore since I'm afraid the speakers might become damaged by the intensity of the noise.
May I ask here for some advice to isolate the problem further? I didn't call the service yet.