2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (clothearednincompo, Doug M., 36251, Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, 5 invisible), 1,109 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Y
Y
Hi Jay,

Could you please tell us the weight of...

FP-90 incl. factory package (in a cardboard box with power supply and all)

and

DP603 with and without the stand?

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Hi Jay,

Could you compare the speaker output and quality of the FP-90 to the FP-30 and F140R?
Having heard the FP-30 it gives me a perspective on the sound of the FP-90.
Does the FP-90 have any of the Supernatural sounds from the Integra 7 other than the pianos?
Are the FP-90 sounds the same as the 603?

The heavens declare the glory of God;
and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
JayGVan Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by login
Do you know if the aluminium or wood side panels for the system 1 are going to be avaible on release?

I don't know that for sure, but I would be adding a pair of the wood panels to the SYSTEM-8 i intend to buy.

Jay

Industry Consultant
JayGVan Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by brooster
Hi Jay,

1) Could you compare the speaker output and quality of the FP-90 to the FP-30 and F140R?
Having heard the FP-30 it gives me a perspective on the sound of the FP-90.
2)Does the FP-90 have any of the Supernatural sounds from the Integra 7 other than the pianos?
3)Are the FP-90 sounds the same as the 603?

1) You can't compare the speaker output and quality directly. Different configurations and power outputs. The FP-90 also uses a different piano engine.

2) I haven't seen a tone list for the FP-90 yet, so drawing direct lines between the tones available on the products is tough at this point.

3) The core piano sounds are the same yes. The same 4 variations. Concert, Bright, Mellow and Ballad. As for the rest, I do not know. I would imagine that the FP-90 has slightly more variety of EP and Organs. I will confirm as soon as I can.

Jay

Industry Consultant
JayGVan Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Yohei
Hi Jay,

and

FP-90-BK (without stand and pedals) in a box would probably go about 65-75 lbs. (This isn't published so is a best educated guess) The Piano with music rest, according to the website is 52lbs. So add a pound or so for the DP-10 pedal. and a bit for the manual/power supply. Then styrofoam and cardboard packaging.

DP-603 is published on the website as having a total weight of 101 lbs for the satin and about 105lbs for the polished finishes. The weight without stand is not published because they come in the same box. The piano needs the stand, and the stand needs the piano. This is where some of the speakers are housed.

Jay

Industry Consultant
Y
Y
Originally Posted by Jay Roland
Originally Posted by Yohei
Hi Jay,

and

FP-90-BK (without stand and pedals) in a box would probably go about 65-75 lbs. (This isn't published so is a best educated guess) The Piano with music rest, according to the website is 52lbs. So add a pound or so for the DP-10 pedal. and a bit for the manual/power supply. Then styrofoam and cardboard packaging.

DP-603 is published on the website as having a total weight of 101 lbs for the satin and about 105lbs for the polished finishes. The weight without stand is not published because they come in the same box. The piano needs the stand, and the stand needs the piano. This is where some of the speakers are housed.

Jay

Thank you. I'm very much inclined to buy FP-90 instead of Kawai VPC1 now for the weight on its own (hoping that FP-90 will be around 65lb boxed). With the Super Natual Modelling piano sound, it might eliminate the need for a laptop for a decent piano library which makes traveling much easier.

D
D
Originally Posted by DazedAndConfused
The GP607. Jay, you wrote:

Never let the specs fool you.

The GP607 is an absolutely awesome Digital Grand piano. You'll see when you get an opportunity to try it in your Roland showroom.

It uses the most advanced sound generator available in a hardware piano today in concert with a very fine hybrid digital Piano action.

The speaker system does a fantastic job of reproducing the modelled sound. It fills the room with Music.

Jay

Very interesting. If space were not an option, which would you rather have, Jay. LX17 or GP607, given that they are on sale at practically the same price in the UK? And why?

Well, the apartment I live in would easily accommodate a GP607. It would add another touch of class to the space. I spend most of my time playing on headphones. But When entertaining friends and family, it gets played to the room so to speak.

Pricing is similar in Canada too.

Jay

Thanks, Jay. I would be in the market if I didn't already have an LX-17 but I do look forward to trying one out.

JayGVan Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks, Jay. I would be in the market if I didn't already have an LX-17 but I do look forward to trying one out.

You have a bloody nice piano! I appreciate your comments in the other thread too. Backs up what I've been saying for some time.

Jay

Industry Consultant
D
D

You have a bloody nice piano! I appreciate your comments in the other thread too. Backs up what I've been saying for some time.

Jay

Thanks, Jay. I really think Roland excelled themselves with the LX-17. The keyboard, the sound engine, the audio system and the cabinet have all come together to create something so much bigger than the sum of the parts. It's uncanny how good it is. Keep up the good work!

Hello,

I usually play the organ, but I want to buy a digital piano.
I don't gig, I need it just to study and to practice on a heavier keybed.
The space is limited in my room, so I'm considering a FP-90 with its stand and triple pedal or a DP-603.

I have few questions:

- Which speakers are better? FP-90's or DP-603's ones? (I would be able to connect it to my Neumann KH120, but it would be nice to play also without powering on my pc, audio interface and studio monitors).

- DP-90 has midi out, can DP-603 transmit midi via usb cable?

- I saw that there are three models of DP-603: PE,PW and CB. Is the colour of the piano the only difference? There's a price gap of almost €600 from the CB to PE and PW.

- Is there also a harpsichord sound in the FP-90/DP-603?

Thanks in advance.

Schimmel 130T / Viscount Cantorum Trio / Viscount Legend '70 Artist W / Dexibell VIVO P3 / Behringer 2600 / Polyend Tracker / ASM Hydrasynth Explorer
P
PBL Offline
P
The difference between the DP603's is color. The PE and PW are with polished finish, therefore more expensive.

The extra price for polish on this piano is quite high compared to most others.

JayGVan Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by orcoaffamato
Hello,

I usually play the organ, but I want to buy a digital piano.
I don't gig, I need it just to study and to practice on a heavier keybed.
The space is limited in my room, so I'm considering a FP-90 with its stand and triple pedal or a DP-603.

I have few questions:

- Which speakers are better? FP-90's or DP-603's ones? (I would be able to connect it to my Neumann KH120, but it would be nice to play also without powering on my pc, audio interface and studio monitors).

- DP-90 has midi out, can DP-603 transmit midi via usb cable?

- I saw that there are three models of DP-603: PE,PW and CB. Is the colour of the piano the only difference? There's a price gap of almost €600 from the CB to PE and PW.

- Is there also a harpsichord sound in the FP-90/DP-603?

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't call each speaker system "better or worse" that the other. They are designed with different core functions in mind. The FP-90 is designed with a degree of portability in mind, where the DP603 stays in one spot.

That is correct. Both Pianos can transmit MIDI over USB. The FP-90 adds traditional 5 pin MIDI connections.

The only difference is finish. However the Polished Ebony and Polished White are both polyester finishes equal to that found on an acoustic instrument. They're very high quality, and that quality does cost $$$.

There will be harpsichord sounds on both instruments. Probably 8', 4' and dual variations. they should have key release samples as well.

Jay

Industry Consultant
Y
Y
Hi,
I'm really happy that the FP 80 finally got a successor!

I won't have a chance to go in the next couple of months to test it myself so because I am really impatient to know I have a quick question to Jay regarding the chord recognition:

How is the chord recognition compared to the FP 80 - are there more sounds, does it operate differently, or is it as it is from the previous model which would still be pretty good smile Any impressions on this feature would be welcome - and not by Jay only, please comment.

Cheers
Alex

JayGVan Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Please clarify what you mean by Chord Recognition. You mean on the arranger section?

Jay

Industry Consultant
Y
Y
Thanks for replying - I'm talking about this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_UCl0pDfXY

In the video it's called chord recognition and in the video description it's called "intelligent rhythm"

Alex

Last edited by Yanakiev; 09/16/16 12:07 PM.
S
S
FP-30 released earlier this year and now FP-90 updating FP-80. Will we see the FP-50 updated soon?

G
G
Originally Posted by Yanakiev

In the video it's called chord recognition and in the video description it's called "intelligent rhythm"

Alex

My understanding is that this feature was removed from the FP-90 and now requires a tablet and an app from Roland.

JayGVan Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Alex

This functionality is now hosted in the Piano Partner 2 App. Available for free from the iOS App Store and the Google Play store.

Full keyboard recognition works equally as well.

Jay

Industry Consultant
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M

Alex

This functionality is now hosted in the Piano Partner 2 App. Available for free from the iOS App Store and the Google Play store.

Full keyboard recognition works equally as well.

Jay

Hello, Jay !

Any chance that Roland will produce similar software for Windows (pc)?
Also, any chance that such software will be compatible with the older HP504?
I would be interested in the auto acompaniament function. I'm open for other software suggestions that would accomplish this (standalone or as a daw plugin) of anybody has any suggestions.
Thanks!

L. E. Also interested in the digiscore function. There are some nice songs in there which I would love to learn and that may be a good way to do it.

Last edited by mcoll; 09/18/16 03:31 AM.
JayGVan Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Im not aware of any plans to do so.

The mobile applications seem to be the most popular.

The Piano Partner 2 software requires a newer instrument than the HP504.

The original Piano Partner worked with the 504 I believe.

For Accompaniments, you might consider Band in a Box.

Jay

Industry Consultant
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission