2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
52 members (Chris B, alans, AndrewJCW, Carey, 36251, ChickenBrother, BMKE, Dore, 10 invisible), 527 guests, and 273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
What music stand did you guys used for the RD300NX?
Are they all designed to fit all keyboards?

R
R
Originally Posted by MalexMag

You really can use any keyboard stand preferably a double brace stand (if using an X style stand) or a table style stand. I like using table style stands to free my knees from hitting the stand. I use the a K&M table style stand. It's really your choice.

Rhodes MkII Stage 73, Yamaha CP4, Yamaha Reface CP + DX
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Rhodie73

You really can use any keyboard stand preferably a double brace stand (if using an X style stand) or a table style stand. I like using table style stands to free my knees from hitting the stand. I use the a K&M table style stand. It's really your choice.

I'm talking about music stand not keyboard stand. The RD300NX does not come with a music stand for scores, etc.

R
R
Originally Posted by Rhodie73

I'm talking about music stand not keyboard stand. The RD300NX does not come with a music stand for scores, etc.

You can use a standard sheet music holder that you place behind the keyboard or what I do: use a K&M 18950 table style stand with a K&M 18818 sheet music holder. The 18818 is a newer replacement to an older version that I use currently. The newer 18818 doesn't seem to be immediately available yet however.

Rhodes MkII Stage 73, Yamaha CP4, Yamaha Reface CP + DX
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
You traveling with this or staying put?
Nothing nicer than a good old fashioned school grade Manhasett music stand with a clip on light... incandescent or LED bulb, your pick.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm talking about music stand

Wenger Classic 50® Music Stand

KAWAI MP7; K&M 18953; Wenger Preface Conductor's Stand
PreSonus Eris E8; Ultimate Support MS-100B; K&M 16085 Headphone holder
iPad Pro 12.9" (2017), forScore, Sibelius 7.5 (PC), Apple Pencil, PageFlip Firefly, AirTurn PEDpro
K&M 12295; Gator GKC 88 | My photos
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by ElmerJFudd
You traveling with this or staying put?

It would be for staying put. I'm wondering if the Roland RD300NX would come with holes to put a music stand directly in them instead of having a portable music stand. I would prefer not having a portable music stand.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
It would be for staying put. I'm wondering if the Roland RD300NX would come with holes to put a music stand directly in them instead of having a portable music stand. I would prefer not having a portable music stand.

I don't believe the RD models are designed to allow a music rest to be mounted.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Kawai James

I don't believe the RD models are designed to allow a music rest to be mounted.

Kind regards,
James
x

James is correct.

Jay

BACK in the business. Retail staffer. Piano Centre Edmonton. Steinway, Boston, Essex, Roland
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the help - Wish it was designed for that - Will just go with a regular music stand.

F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Hi Elmer, thanks for your excellent review and i agree in choose the Kawai ES8 by a long shot for that bunch, but i prefer the ES7 key action over the ES8, cause, RHIII has an unnatural ultra quick key return even higher than the real acoustic grand piano, more like as a springy unweighted or semiweighted keyboard key action. Regards!.

Originally Posted by Fer De Armas
i agree in choose the Kawai ES8 by a long shot for that bunch, but i prefer the ES7 key action over the ES8, cause, RHIII has an unnatural ultra quick key return even higher than the real acoustic grand piano, more like as a springy unweighted or semiweighted keyboard key action. I own an MP7 and am therefore already familiar with the RHII keyboard action.

Fixed. wink

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Originally Posted by Fer De Armas
i agree in choose the Kawai ES8 by a long shot for that bunch, but i prefer the ES7 key action over the ES8, cause, RHIII has an unnatural ultra quick key return even higher than the real acoustic grand piano, more like as a springy unweighted or semiweighted keyboard key action. I own an MP7 and am therefore already familiar with the RHII keyboard action.

Fixed. wink

Funny how you and I have to keep doing that. grin

Jay

BACK in the business. Retail staffer. Piano Centre Edmonton. Steinway, Boston, Essex, Roland
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ElmerJFudd
Just on actions and feel while playing their base piano sound I like them in this order top to bottom.

Kawai ES8 by a long shot. This is a very good compact action in a slab digital piano. Nice feeling keys. Responsive Hammer III (RHIII) Action with Let-Off. Nice feeling on trills and quickly repeated notes.

P-115 Graded hammer standard (GHS) keyboard, matte finish on black keys.

Casio PX-5S - different than the P-115 and the GHS is a little better, but the key finish on the Casio is a nice touch on a quite playable and quick action.

ES-100 - very plasticy feel to the keys and a little sluggish to me on note repeat, particularly when compared to the ES8.

I might place this at tie or above the ES-100. Tough call.
P-45 Graded hammer standard (GHS) keyboard.

Roland DS-88 - (Ivory Feel-G Keyboard with Escapement) action has a very shallow drop and takes some getting used to from the others and from acoustic grand actions. But the key path is nice and stable, I've played some upright pianos that feel this way (shallow drop). Key finish is nice. The RD-300NX has an Ivory Feel G - the official spec does not mention escapement. Maybe Jay can answer if these are identical. I'll say this though, definitely a more stable feeling keybed than the SV-1 IMHO.

These last two are tough. I definitely did not immediately dig the short drop of the Ivory Feel-G Keyboard with Escapement. But the keys on the CGP-700 are eh.

CGP-700 - not the same key finish as the PX-5S, a little wobbly feel to the keys, more so than the 5S for some reason - as I believe all the Casios use essentially the same action. This was mounted flat, the 5S was at a tilt toward me on wall mounts - not sure if that's a factor. Other Casio's use a strange groove in the plastic to make it feel more wood like, I am not sure I care for it or not. I'd have to get used to it.

At the shop again today on all the usual suspects plus a few consoles. It's funny with the Privia actions. They should really all feel the same. But I'll tell you - what the Casio action is bolted to makes a difference. For example the Casio action in the PX-860 just feels less wobbly or sturdier than when it's installed in the CGP-700 or PX-5S. Also, the ivory and ebony feel is a little inconsistent from Privia to Privia. The texture is the same, but there is variety key to key. Not drastic or anything, but it did make me feel like they weren't using the same key top on some models. But I think they are?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Two, Three and Four Hamburg Steinways in Concert
by Joseph Fleetwood - 08/11/22 10:32 PM
Dissonant overtones when mute rail is engaged
by MattH22 - 08/11/22 08:36 PM
Your piano teacher
by Dscally - 08/11/22 07:25 PM
To RD-2000 owners
by PianoStartsAt33 - 08/11/22 07:18 PM
Buying a Yamaha U1?
by ada d. - 08/11/22 05:31 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics214,350
Posts3,215,600
Members106,065
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission