2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (20/20 Vision, booms, Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 12 invisible), 1,994 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
As you say, Sir..., I see that you know a lot about pianos and technique and about health of the hands and wrists too... Cheers!.

B
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Fer De Armas
As you say, Sir..., I see that you know a lot about pianos and technique and about health of the hands and wrists too... Cheers!.

Thank you - you're absolutely correct (for once) thumb.

Cheers to you too.......

If music be the food of love, play on!
F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Yes Jay, i only spoke about my feelings and tastes, I think I have made ​​it clear on other occasions... Excuse me, but I feel a little offensive your comment to put me as a Kawai zealot, when only i´m giving my personal opinion, as everyone does in this forum. But that is done... there is no situation, I keep my opinion, please i did not say that Roland PHA4 is bad, I just said that between ES100 and FP30, i prefer the Kawai over Roland. Nothing more... Is that perhaps a sin?. Regards!.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Fer,

Your exact words were: "weird, sluggish and heavier Roland FP30 key action; also, this Roland key action has an unpleasant key action upweight"

I will refute that all day long. Strongly.

And I will do so because you're the only person to have ever said this on this forum. So your opinion it may be, but I will protect the work of the engineers at the factory, and the reputation of our products when I read blatant misinformation. This falls into that category.

People who visit this forum who don't know your posting history, and zealotry for Kawaii, may just take your word for it, and completely forgo a demo of one of our pianos. And I cannot, and will not allow that to happen.

Jay

Last edited by Jay Roland; 07/09/16 10:43 PM.

Industry Consultant
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by Jay Roland
Fer,

Your exact words were: "weird, sluggish and heavier Roland FP30 key action; also, this Roland key action has an unpleasant key action upweight"

I will refute that all day long. Strongly.

And I will do so because you're the only person to have ever said this on this forum. So your opinion it may be, but I will protect the work of the engineers at the factory, and the reputation of our products when I read blatant misinformation. This falls into that category.

People who visit this forum who don't know your posting history, and zealotry for Kawaii, may just take your word for it, and completely forgo a demo of one of our pianos. And I cannot, and will not allow that to happen.

Jay

One of the problems I have with what Fer writes, is he / she leaves me with the impression that he / she has not actually played whichever other action he / she is comparing with a Kawai action, and has merely copied some comments from somebody / somewhere else.

Whether that's the truth, or not, I don't know - but whenever I read whatever Fer has written, that's what it makes me think.

F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Sorry Jay, it will be again a misunderstanding on your part, but in all my speeches, i always emphasize the subjective nature of this aspect about key action, so much so, that I talk about my own experience and always invite people to try it for themselves which DP´s they are interested and I have never promoted to try avoid to try any brand at all. Jay, I think this forum is to discuss our tastes and personal experiences in order to give a personal idea of ​​any instrument but the end is not what I feel, but rather will feel the person that ask our opinion, so always be encouraged to try them out for themselves as long as possible. In this case let's focus on this topic and let that Marcos X, talk us about his own experience about the key action of these two excellent DP´s (ES100-FP30). Regards!.

F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Hi Lester, please focus our attention on the goal of this forum; which is to help Mark X to decide between these two excellent DP's. So that I encourage you to share with us your impression about the key action of these boards. Regards!.

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
From my experience, it is very hard to bring some definitive conclusions about keyboard action based only from testing in the store. Real conclusion comes after use in it in some period of time. People change minds very often. I cannot help about Roland FP30, I never test it or use it. I have Kawai ES100 and for me it is definitively better compare to Yamaha GHS or GH keyboards I have previously, and also compare to Casio in that price range which I also have it before. I also have Kawai VPC1 and my definitive advice if you want to play seriously on keyboard (close to acoustic) and feel good (as I with VPC) is to save money and go for better key action in higher price range.

Last edited by slobajudge; 07/10/16 12:09 PM.
D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
Surely regulars here know that Fer de Armas thrives on response, negative response probably moreso. If you want to see the back of him, don't read or reply to his posts.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Fer is a renowned troll on this forum. His posts are most uninformative and weirdly monomaniacal - obsessed with favorably comparing Kawai over Roland actions.

Roland FP-90; Pianoteq 6 + many add-ons; 2 Yamaha HS8s; ATH-M50X and Samson SR850 headphones; Xenyx Q802USB interface. 2; I make a living playing a Yamaha PSR-S970 with FBT Maxx 2a's, Crowne Headset Mic. I also play guitar.
F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Hi slobajudge, I agree with your feelings about Kawai ES100 against Yamaha GHS and GH key actions... and I am convinced, that our friend Marcos X will appreciate your comment too. The idea of the forum is, among other things: to help with our opinions and experiences to all people who want references about digital pianos, that we have tried, and might be very difficult for them to test these devices before buying... for that reason do not believe everything they say some people in this forum and especially if they are selfish desires, as some people have shown through their unhealthy and unsupportive responses, and thanks for your helpful feedback... Regards!.

F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Please, dire tonic and Beakybird, I honestly suggest to you a caring attitude toward friend Marcos X; and we bring comments to really help him to make his right choice. All people that have tried both instruments, please are invited to share their opinions and experiences in this post. It is not time for selfishness or bad wishes... Sorry Marcos X, but unfortunately some people in this forum are not as supportive as expected. Thanks. Regards!.

FDA

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Hi slobajudge, I agree with your feelings about Kawai ES100 against Yamaha GHS and GH key actions... and I am convinced, that our friend Marcos X will appreciate your comment too. The idea of the forum is, among other things: to help with our opinions and experiences to all people who want references about digital pianos, that we have tried, and might be very difficult for them to test these devices before buying... for that reason do not believe everything they say some people in this forum and especially if they are selfish desires, as some people have shown through their unhealthy and unsupportive responses, and thanks for your helpful feedback... Regards!.

Everything that is out of topic, and that also include personal opinions from some users about other users, hardly get to me, in other words they dont took my attention as anything serious so I jump to the next post. There are too many bad things this year near all of us, and this forum is my relax stuff. Here I want to talk about pianos and respect anyone opinion and I choose what I think is good for me. Also I try to help as much as I can to anyone here no matter what brand he/she likes. Cheers.

Last edited by slobajudge; 07/10/16 05:18 PM.
B
B
Please, dire tonic and Beakybird, I honestly suggest to you a caring attitude toward friend Marcos X; and we bring comments to really help him to make his right choice. All people that have tried both instruments, please are invited to share their opinions and experiences in this post. It is not time for selfishness or bad wishes...

Do you ever ask yourself - is the pot (you) calling the kettle (everyone else) black?

Or are you so busy trolling with your stupid and ignorant damning of anything that isn't Kawai that you really can't look at yourself and your posts, and realize that all you've been doing - in fact, all you ever do - is to give a completely one-sided "assessment" (i.e. your idiotic and ignorant opinions which you claim as fact) of digitals to newcomers here who don't know your long trolling history in PW?

Sorry Marcos X, but unfortunately some people in this forum are not as supportive as expected.

Sorry, Marcos X - Fer De is a long-standing troll in this forum, and I'd advise that you ignore all his posts.

Unfortunately, the moderators seem not to understand this, despite many notifications to them by various people about the harm he's doing here - especially to newcomers who don't know his posting history, and take his nonsensical "advice" as valid.

If music be the food of love, play on!
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by dire tonic
If you want to see the back of him, don't read or reply to his posts.

This.

I've bitten on many occasions because he is an entirely vexatious contributor, clearly thriving on the negative emotions he stirs in others.

However, you are absolutely right. I long for the day that each of his contributions garner zero response, as if he didn't exist at all.

The problem comes when he claims to encourage independent play testing and yet expresses as fact a negative opinion of his own about a non-Kawai product, such as he has just done about the FP-30. For the sake of occasional visitors here and those doing a limited amount of research prior to purchase Jay cannot leave his statements unchallenged.

So I don't know what the answer is but I do know he very detrimentally affects my enjoyment of this forum and I would even argue he is bringing this place into disrepute. Casual web searches will be bringing up all the crap he keeps saying and those not 'in the know' will be unable to appropriately weight the (in)significance or (in)validity of his statements. For the sake of the integrity of the information contained in this forum someone should act. But I lost that battle long ago and, among others, felt I was labelled as the problem.

I think it is OK if he really has his own negative experience to share.
But ...

If we read the history of his posts about Roland keys, we would see that he has been very inconsistent and contradicting himself all along.
In some posts, he claimed that they were soft and squishy. Several posts later, he said they were very hard bottoming (which is quite the opposite).
Then later, he said they were too bouncy. In this topic, he said they were sluggish.

It seems he constantly invents a new way to say something bad about products he does not own.

I don't see this kind of behavior tolerated in other web forums.

F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Excuse me siros, are you sure about that?... because i trust in Roland products, in fact, my gear is most Roland... Roland Juno Di, Roland A49 and Roland OctaCapture and the unique Kawai equipment is a MP7, thus, i´m not bashing to Roland, no way in that ...!, and whoever does not have them in my possession, does not mean that I have not tried, because, a deep pockets friend who visited often and is big fan of Roland, has them all from the V - piano, the LX -17 , as also the RD800 and the FP30 and FP80 too. Therefore I have tried them all and can speak properly about it, but that's no reason to have an attitude so little solidarity with the friend who has asked for help in this forum . Nothing more to say about it. Cheers!.

F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Well Marcos X, I can no longer do anything about it, but i´m sure that any choice you make will be excellent... and please, if you wish, let us know your choice. Regards!.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Fer de Armas is a renowned troll on this forum. Representatives from Roland and Kawai have repeatedly asked him to stop spreading inaccurate information.

Roland FP-90; Pianoteq 6 + many add-ons; 2 Yamaha HS8s; ATH-M50X and Samson SR850 headphones; Xenyx Q802USB interface. 2; I make a living playing a Yamaha PSR-S970 with FBT Maxx 2a's, Crowne Headset Mic. I also play guitar.
V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Hope I can offer a little perspective here.

I've been away from playing (and the forum) for quite a while, but I used to have an ES100 as a practice piano, and I recently picked up an FP30 to fulfil the same role.

Both are amazing value for money, and are very usable instruments. I struggle to pick a winner.

The Roland action is a significant improvement over Ivory-feel G and responds as well as any of the compact actions out there, IMO. The main piano sound seems almost identical to that of the FP-7F, with the exception of no string resonance. Either you like the SN sound or you don't but it has the usual rich but slightly wooly character that is great solo but can get a little lost in a mix. The top few notes seem slightly out of tune to me but that may be my ageing ears! Acoustic bass is very good, strings are nice, but I wouldn't have much use for the rest of the onboard sounds. Functionality is limited, but if all you need are the basics, it's right there in front of you. The speakers seem to offer a similar response to those in the FP-50 - quite powerful, but distort readily when playing split piano/bass. The old FP-4 had a tighter response that could handle the range of frequencies better.

The ES100 action feels very slightly more piano-like to me, but would benefit from a three-sensor upgrade. The principal APs are nicely implemented and very playable, with just a hint of unevenness across the octaves. I like both the Rhodes and Wurli sounds, which are very basic, with obvious velocity switching, but they seem more musical to me than those in the Roland. The acoustic bass sound is not as nicely detailed as that in the FP. The addition of registrations, more menu options, speaker switching, and regular MIDI input/output are all very handy.

In conclusion, I think you just have to decide your priorities when selecting between these two. One thing to remember is to budget for a DP-10 pedal when picking the Roland. I can make use of either in a practice or coffee shop situation. I'm very comfortable with SN in solo situation, but I also enjoy the slightly brighter Kawai sound. There really is no wrong choice here, in my opinion.

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission