Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
What's Hot!!
Mr. PianoWorld - the full interview
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
123 registered members (AnnInMiami, AlphaBravoCharlie, apianostudent, Amedeus, AaronSF, Bett, anotherscott, agent8698, 21 invisible), 1,732 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 - JULY 14! #2524865
03/26/16 03:34 PM
03/26/16 03:34 PM
Parsonsfield, ME (orig. Nahant...
Piano World Offline OP

6000 Post Club Member
Piano World  Offline OP

6000 Post Club Member

MASON & HAMLIN PIANO FACTORY TOUR 2016 - JULY 14!

If you already signed up, your name should be in the list toward the end of this first post.

Mason & Hamlin craftsman hand notching a bridge
[Linked Image]

Team bending a newly glued rim into its press
[Linked Image]

(You can view some of our previous tours here: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2327001/LINKS_TO_WONDERFUL_PAST_EVENTS.html)

I can tell you from experience it's a very interesting, educational, and fun tour!
And as a special treat we get to play some lovely newly minted Mason & Hamlin pianos at the end.

So, let me know if you would like to join us, where you are from (we like to track were people are coming in from), and how many people in your party.

Also be sure to let me know if you are a registered member of our Piano Forums. I will give every member an official Piano World Piano Forums Pin.

[Linked Image]

I've been asked about bringing children, the folks at Mason & Hamlin are ok with this provided the child is old enough to understand the need for caution around the machines. Also keep in mind we do a lot of walking, including up and down stairs to multiple floors.

And I've found out Thursdays are the day Boaz Kirschenbaum does voicing at Mason & Hamlin... "Thursday is my day there (I work there weekly) so if you want to see voicing in process it's a great day to visit". A nice bonus treat for anyone joining us for the tour.

Post your reply here, or email me directly with Mason & Hamlin Tour in the subject line. frank@pianoworld.com

Additional Details from M&H (I asked them some questions).

* What Time should people arrive? Arrive 8:45 to 9:15 Meet on 6th floor. We will have a pressing scheduled for 9:30
* What is the maximum number of participants? 30 people We will need approximate number so we can order a quick lunch
* Is there still a $5.00 a head charge? If so, we will cover it. NO charge
* What time should we expect to be done? No later than 2 PM
* Can folks play some finished pianos at the end? Yes they can. And they can even buy one.
* For those who may have problems with the stairs, can someone take people in the elevator? Yes we can accommodate with elevator. If possible let us know ahead of time

IMPORTANT
Please have everyone wear closed shoes or sneakers a lot of walking.
Dress comfortably no A/C in factory other than 6th floor showroom.
Any children must be accompanied with an adult.
We will have waivers for everyone to sign. (new thing) just for insurance purposes.
Parking will be available in public parking area located next to Butches Up town restaurant. I think you posted a map in the past
Reminder we do not have any wheelchair access ramps. However only 4 steps to get in elevator for rest of tour.

==================================================================
General Information:
Keep in mind you will be touring a live factory in full production mode. Lots of dangerous machinery, tools, and many people moving around.

Everyone will need to sign a release at the factory.

It will be approximately a 3 hour tour (just like Gilligan's Island).
At the end of the tour there will be freshly minted pianos to see and play, and the good folks at Mason & Hamlin will provide a light lunch.

Because we usually end up with a large group, anyone wishing to play must keep it short so others have a chance.

The group needs to stay together, stay out of the way of the workers, and LISTEN to what the tour director is saying.

We will all be wearing wireless headsets to hear the tour guide.

We do a LOT of walking (and standing). Wear closed shoes or sneakers. The factory is clean (other than sawdust), but you may brush up against a piece of machinery, pile of wood etc.

Our thanks to the Kirk Burgett (owner), our own Cecil Ramirez (national sales rep), Bruce Clarke (Piano Designer, Technician, and our Tour Guide)), Tom Lagomarsino(sr. vp), and all the other fine folks at Mason & Hamlin for hosting this event.

FYI, the factory is in Haverhill, MA (pronounced Heyvrill). About 45 minutes north of Boston.

If any Piano World members would like to stay in Haverhill overnight, there is a Best Western Merrimack Valley Lodge nearby. www.bwmerrimackvalley.com

I've stayed here a few times, it isn't fancy but it's clean and comfortable.
The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the factory.

Mason & Hamlin Piano Company
35 Duncan St. Haverhill, MA 01830
www.masonhamlin.com

Who Is Going?
If your name is not on this list, we haven't confirmed you are joining us on the tour.
Be sure to get in touch a.s.a.p.!

Include your name, where you are from, your forums name, and the names of anyone else joining you for the tour.

Frank Baxter, Kathy Ford (Maine)(tour organizers)
Nancy M. (MA)
Karen A. (MA)
Marc Gendreau (MA)
Eric Helmuth, Randy Fayan, Jordan Bach(MA) = 3
Howard (Hesh) Reinfeld + 1 = 2
Mark C. (Canada)
Dave Blakeslee (MA)
Scott Eaton + Dad = 2
Steve Owens + Susan Cheng + Jake Ownens = 3
Diane M (MA)
Jason Solomonides, Michael Solomonides, Jeff Barnhart (CT) = 3
John & Donna A (ME) = 2
Floyd Moore (PA)
Don Kent (ME)
Reg & Ann Burgess (MA) = 2
Lyn L. + 1 (MA)= 2

Total to Date = 27

[Linked Image]

Parking Parking is just down the street from the plant. Lock your car.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Piano World; 07/13/16 05:13 PM.

- Frank B.
Founder / Owner / Host
PianoWorld.com
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Facebook.com/PianoWorldDotCom
ProRecord.info
www.youtube.com/PianoWorldDotCom
www.linkedin.com/in/pianoworld
My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190 w/ ProRecord, Yamaha P-80, Estey 1895 Pump Organ, Harpsichord (kit), Clavichord (kit), Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880
-------------------------
It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!
Please invite every piano enthusiast you know to join our piano forums!

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2524876
03/26/16 04:09 PM
03/26/16 04:09 PM
NH
D
dynamobt Offline
1000 Post Club Member
dynamobt  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
D

NH
Great to hear!!

There would likely be 2 in my party. But if this coincides with my sister and organ builder BIL visiting, there could be 3 or 4 of us.

1918 Mason & Hamlin BB
1906 Mason & Hamlin Es
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2524948
03/26/16 11:04 PM
03/26/16 11:04 PM
CT
wolfgangmeister Offline
wolfgangmeister  Offline

CT
I'm very interested Frank!

On my first visit last year, I was there all day with my wife, 4 hours on the tour, and 3 more hours auditioning and playing three Model BB's on the sixth floor... I ended up buying my Mason & Hamlin, that day! Enjoyed the technically in-depth conversations with Bruce Clark and Mike Collins, and of course Marilyn Bruno (who set up the tour for my wife and I) is the sweetest person you could ever meet. Subsequently also had them install PianoDisc iQ with SilentDrive HD and ProRecord as well. Awesome tour, beautiful craftsmanship, and marvelous pianos; Memorable experience!

Likely would be coming up with a fellow Mason & Hamlin Model BB owner, Jeff Barnhart - a world-reknown jazz pianist hailing from Mystic, CT, if he is available... we've been talking about coming up for a while.

Jason Solomonides
Mason & Hamlin 7' BB 93623
Yamaha 6'1" C3 (w/WNG) D3010008
My Piano Recordings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7aJcfJZZvg&list=PLkP65I5BsNirTcv-nAHm4BXXsCbB_EbAJ
Mason & Hamlin Artist
Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2525026
03/27/16 09:44 AM
03/27/16 09:44 AM
Bowling Green, KY
F
Forrest Halford Offline
500 Post Club Member
Forrest Halford  Offline
500 Post Club Member
F

Bowling Green, KY
Count me in, party of two!

Forrest

PTG Associate Member
Haydn Hob. XVI: 23 in F major
Debussy Arabesque #1, Reverie
Bach BWV 874, 883
My beliefs are only that unless I can prove them.
(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: wolfgangmeister] #2525524
03/28/16 10:02 PM
03/28/16 10:02 PM
western MA, USA
H
hreichgott Offline
3000 Post Club Member
hreichgott  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
H

western MA, USA
Originally Posted by wolfgangmeister
I'm very interested Frank!

On my first visit last year, I was there all day with my wife, 4 hours on the tour, and 3 more hours auditioning and playing three Model BB's on the sixth floor... I ended up buying my Mason & Hamlin, that day! Enjoyed the technically in-depth conversations with Bruce Clark and Mike Collins, and of course Marilyn Bruno (who set up the tour for my wife and I) is the sweetest person you could ever meet. Subsequently also had them install PianoDisc iQ with SilentDrive HD and ProRecord as well. Awesome tour, beautiful craftsmanship, and marvelous pianos; Memorable experience!

Likely would be coming up with a fellow Mason & Hamlin Model BB owner, Jeff Barnhart - a world-reknown jazz pianist hailing from Mystic, CT, if he is available... we've been talking about coming up for a while.

Hi Jason, I was in that same room last year, might have even played your BB, but my wife argued me out of having 6'11" of piano in our little music room! That was a glorious piano for sure.
I ultimately got my rebuilt 1916 Mason A from an independent Massachusetts rebuilder called Apollo Pianos. Very very happy with it. It is the right size for the room and I love playing it.

I never did go on a tour, would be up for it, though I have a morning gig three weeks in July and am out of town most of August so I am a scheduling problem.

Heather W. Reichgott, piano http://heatherwreichgott.blogspot.com

Working on:
Cabaret (whole show)
12+ variations from classical ballets
Verdi: Stabat Mater
Copland: Appalachian Spring
Tangos and other fun music for piano duo

I love Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven and new music
Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2525643
03/29/16 10:31 AM
03/29/16 10:31 AM
Upstate New York, USA
N
newbert Offline
1000 Post Club Member
newbert  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N

Upstate New York, USA
I've never been on a piano factory tour, so I'm interested - although it will depend on scheduling, of course.

Bert
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: hreichgott] #2525891
03/30/16 12:28 AM
03/30/16 12:28 AM
CT
wolfgangmeister Offline
wolfgangmeister  Offline

CT
Hi Heather!

Sorry it took me so long to respond to you. We have twin 4 year old girls and they keep us pretty busy when I'm not working or getting a chance to play! Funny thing is the night you posted this I was listening to your Faure video recording... very nice! I am a long-time student of Raymond Hanson, now age 96 (and still teaching - I just had a lesson last month!) and living north of you in Heath, MA, as well as Anne Koscielny and Dr. Moshe Paranov at Hartt School - but I ended up majoring in Engineering and have worked at UTC as Controls Chief for over 30 years now.

Around the time I bought the new Model BB, I was so excited that I joined this forum and started looking for other M&H owners, as well as other Model BB owners {including Carey (Phil), Piano_Brazil (Felipe), lillylady, dynamobt, benjamink, etc}. and your name came up... so I felt like we lived through a similar multi-hour 6th floor experience of playing new M&H BB's and talking to Bruce, etc. Although I was initially sorry you didn't buy the BB, I totally understand having the room for one and was excited to see that you had found the restored 1918 Model A and named it Figaro to replace Cherubino. In fact, I posted a congrats note to you last August, about a week after I joined the forum and was wondering how you were making out with what looked to be a very well restored Model A. Sounds great! I was also glad to see you state what I feel as well... both the Golden Age and Burgett/Clark-era M&H pianos are outstanding instruments!

BTW - One thing I am finding that is helping keep my pianos in tune (with a room with big windows) is running a couple of ultrasonic room humidifiers (and monitoring/maintaining 40%) in addition to a Dampp-Chaser. The former helps stabilize the pin-block - primary effect on holding tune, whereas the later is more effective in retaining soundboard crown - secondary effect on tuning. My older Yamaha C3 6'1" is named David; my new Model BB has developed the name The Mistress, because of the amount of time I spend with her (my wife calls her that!)

Would love to catch up with you on the piano tour if you are able to make it. I know my good friend jazz pianist Jeff Barnhart definitely wants to do it as well, but problem for him will also be scheduling between his gigs too. Believe it or not, the Model A STILL uses the original rim press that made YOUR 1918 piano... it's the last of them still in use... Model BB switched to a new "exact copy" 3 years ago.

Keep up the great work playing, teaching, blogging, mentoring, and especially enjoying your new/old M&H piano! I have been loading some of my older performances onto YouTube (including the Liszt 1st Concerto in Eb with Hartt Symphony in 1985... which it looks like Benjamin Katt - also a new Model BB owner did as well back in college!), etc. and am working to update and re-record some of my old repertoire like Bach-Busoni Chaconne in Dm, Schubert Impromptu in Gb, Op 90, Liszt-Mendelssohn "On Wings of Song", etc. on the new Model BB.

Last edited by wolfgangmeister; 03/30/16 12:51 AM.

Jason Solomonides
Mason & Hamlin 7' BB 93623
Yamaha 6'1" C3 (w/WNG) D3010008
My Piano Recordings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7aJcfJZZvg&list=PLkP65I5BsNirTcv-nAHm4BXXsCbB_EbAJ
Mason & Hamlin Artist
Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2526066
03/30/16 02:58 PM
03/30/16 02:58 PM
Connecticut USA
B
BethRH Offline
BethRH  Offline
B

Connecticut USA
Since l now have my 1904 Mason upright, and have never been on a factory tour, l would be very interested, party of two. Can't wait, actually, to see how the instruments are made and to see and hear and play one of the newer ones.
Thank you Frank
Beth Harris

Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2526072
03/30/16 03:20 PM
03/30/16 03:20 PM
🎹
Retsacnal Offline

Platinum Supporter until Feb 18  2015
Retsacnal  Offline

Platinum Supporter until Feb 18  2015

🎹
I'd love to go, but can't commit at the moment unfortunately. It'd probably be four. We always enjoy Boston and the area, and it'd be cool to make the M&H tour part of that. I'll have to wait and see though.

if you're content with A V E R A G E . . . then just do what everyone else does
Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2526713
04/01/16 09:49 AM
04/01/16 09:49 AM
P
pianoMom2006 Offline
pianoMom2006  Offline
P

I would love to go but I'm not sure it would feasible as our schedules are crazy busy and we wouldn't be able to commit until right beforehand. Just keep us posted on the dates. We live about 8 hours away. It would be a party of 4 if we went.

Last edited by pianoMom2006; 04/01/16 09:50 AM.

Yamaha G2
Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: pianoMom2006] #2527207
04/03/16 12:10 AM
04/03/16 12:10 AM
New York
M
Medved1 Offline

Medved1  Offline

M

New York
I would love to see where my M&H A (named Freddie the Grand, Fred for short) came from! It would be probably just me, but maybe my daughter also. Sara

Mason & Hamlin A ('97)
Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Medved1] #2527313
04/03/16 11:37 AM
04/03/16 11:37 AM
New York
M
Medved1 Offline

Medved1  Offline

M

New York
and I would be coming from New York City.

Mason & Hamlin A ('97)
Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: wolfgangmeister] #2527503
04/03/16 10:54 PM
04/03/16 10:54 PM
western MA, USA
H
hreichgott Offline
3000 Post Club Member
hreichgott  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
H

western MA, USA
Originally Posted by wolfgangmeister
Hi Heather!

Sorry it took me so long to respond to you. We have twin 4 year old girls and they keep us pretty busy when I'm not working or getting a chance to play! Funny thing is the night you posted this I was listening to your Faure video recording... very nice! I am a long-time student of Raymond Hanson, now age 96 (and still teaching - I just had a lesson last month!) and living north of you in Heath, MA, as well as Anne Koscielny and Dr. Moshe Paranov at Hartt School - but I ended up majoring in Engineering and have worked at UTC as Controls Chief for over 30 years now.

Around the time I bought the new Model BB, I was so excited that I joined this forum and started looking for other M&H owners, as well as other Model BB owners {including Carey (Phil), Piano_Brazil (Felipe), lillylady, dynamobt, benjamink, etc}. and your name came up... so I felt like we lived through a similar multi-hour 6th floor experience of playing new M&H BB's and talking to Bruce, etc. Although I was initially sorry you didn't buy the BB, I totally understand having the room for one and was excited to see that you had found the restored 1918 Model A and named it Figaro to replace Cherubino. In fact, I posted a congrats note to you last August, about a week after I joined the forum and was wondering how you were making out with what looked to be a very well restored Model A. Sounds great! I was also glad to see you state what I feel as well... both the Golden Age and Burgett/Clark-era M&H pianos are outstanding instruments!

BTW - One thing I am finding that is helping keep my pianos in tune (with a room with big windows) is running a couple of ultrasonic room humidifiers (and monitoring/maintaining 40%) in addition to a Dampp-Chaser. The former helps stabilize the pin-block - primary effect on holding tune, whereas the later is more effective in retaining soundboard crown - secondary effect on tuning. My older Yamaha C3 6'1" is named David; my new Model BB has developed the name The Mistress, because of the amount of time I spend with her (my wife calls her that!)

Would love to catch up with you on the piano tour if you are able to make it. I know my good friend jazz pianist Jeff Barnhart definitely wants to do it as well, but problem for him will also be scheduling between his gigs too. Believe it or not, the Model A STILL uses the original rim press that made YOUR 1918 piano... it's the last of them still in use... Model BB switched to a new "exact copy" 3 years ago.

Keep up the great work playing, teaching, blogging, mentoring, and especially enjoying your new/old M&H piano! I have been loading some of my older performances onto YouTube (including the Liszt 1st Concerto in Eb with Hartt Symphony in 1985... which it looks like Benjamin Katt - also a new Model BB owner did as well back in college!), etc. and am working to update and re-record some of my old repertoire like Bach-Busoni Chaconne in Dm, Schubert Impromptu in Gb, Op 90, Liszt-Mendelssohn "On Wings of Song", etc. on the new Model BB.

Hello Jason!
Thanks for the kind note and congratulations on, uh, life with The Mistress laugh
Nothing like a beautiful new piano to inspire some reworking of old repertoire! I think one's practice piano has a strong influence on how one plays. I certainly began to work on many more details as soon as I got Figaro, simply because I can now hear so many more details on this instrument.

Working on:
Cabaret (whole show)

Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2531025
04/15/16 08:23 PM
04/15/16 08:23 PM
Newton, MA
A
Andy W Offline
Andy W  Offline
A

Newton, MA
Hey y'all;

I am completely unsure of my schedule over the next 4-6 months, but I would love to go, too. I live in Newton, MA, just east of the Rte 9/ Rte 128 (I95) on ramps.

Practice makes permanent. CORRECT practice makes perfect.

Pianos-Lazarus "Murphy" the Schulz 5' grand (c. 1930)
Kahuna Willi the Wilhelm T. Steinberg IQ28 w/ Fandrich Vertical Action (c. 1995)
Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2536737
05/04/16 06:59 PM
05/04/16 06:59 PM
Greenport, New York
salzdt Offline
salzdt  Offline

Greenport, New York
Yes, I'm interested in the Maon Hamlin Piano Tour. I'll keep watching for dates.
Thanks,
Salzdt

[Linked Image]
Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2538833
05/11/16 02:37 PM
05/11/16 02:37 PM
Indiana
scottmp Offline
scottmp  Offline

Indiana
I think this is a great idea and would sure consider coming all things falling into proper alignment, of course. Piano factory tour is high on the bucket list.

Mike Scott
Indiana

Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2538860
05/11/16 04:36 PM
05/11/16 04:36 PM
Westford, MA
the nosy ape Offline
500 Post Club Member
the nosy ape  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Westford, MA
I would love to go back to see the factory. We would likely be two or three depending on the date.

Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2551370
06/22/16 06:52 PM
06/22/16 06:52 PM
Piano World Offline OP

6000 Post Club Member
Piano World  Offline OP

6000 Post Club Member

The date is set: July 14, 2016!

Additional details coming soon.

Be sure to let me know if you'd like to join us on this tour!
I will also be giving official Piano World Piano Forums pins to any members on the tour who would like one.

- Frank B.
Founder / Owner / Host
PianoWorld.com
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
ProRecord.info
My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190 w/ ProRecord, Yamaha P-80, Estey 1895 Pump Organ, Harpsichord (kit), Clavichord (kit), Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880

Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2551473
06/23/16 06:59 AM
06/23/16 06:59 AM
Philadelphia/South Jersey
Rich Galassini Offline
Platinum Subscriber
Rich Galassini  Offline
Platinum Subscriber

Philadelphia/South Jersey
Frank,

I cannot make that date. Shoot! Have lots of fun and say hello to Bruce and the crew.

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co.
Phila, Pa.
(215) 991-0834 direct line
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for great content every week:
https://www.youtube.com/user/CunninghamPiano
Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Rich Galassini] #2551484
06/23/16 08:31 AM
06/23/16 08:31 AM
Upstate New York, USA
N
newbert Offline
1000 Post Club Member
newbert  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N

Upstate New York, USA
Originally Posted by Rich Galassini
Frank,

I cannot make that date. Shoot! Have lots of fun and say hello to Bruce and the crew.

Same here. I've got a conflict.

Have fun, everyone!

Bert
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2551493
06/23/16 09:38 AM
06/23/16 09:38 AM
M
Man Offline
Man  Offline
M

July 14 is a date that should please French citizens!

Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2551507
06/23/16 10:59 AM
06/23/16 10:59 AM
NH
D
dynamobt Offline
1000 Post Club Member
dynamobt  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
D

NH
None of the potential four of my party can make this date. Bummed.

1918 Mason & Hamlin BB
1906 Mason & Hamlin Es
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2551575
06/23/16 05:14 PM
06/23/16 05:14 PM
Piano World Offline OP

6000 Post Club Member
Piano World  Offline OP

6000 Post Club Member

We have a fall-back of moving it to August.

Would that work better for everyone / anyone?

Decided to leave it as July 14th.
Those who can't join us this year hopefully can join us next time.

Last edited by Piano World; 06/28/16 09:00 AM.

- Frank B.
Founder / Owner / Host
PianoWorld.com
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
ProRecord.info
My Keyboards:

Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2551598
06/23/16 06:29 PM
06/23/16 06:29 PM
ME, USA
JRA Offline
JRA  Offline

ME, USA
July 14th works for me (party of 2). August is problematic for me.

Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2551603
06/23/16 06:48 PM
06/23/16 06:48 PM
NH
D
dynamobt Offline
1000 Post Club Member
dynamobt  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
D

NH
Don't change on my account. I've been to the factory twice. I'll survive not going this year.

1918 Mason & Hamlin BB
1906 Mason & Hamlin Es
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2551619
06/23/16 08:02 PM
06/23/16 08:02 PM
Piano World Offline OP

6000 Post Club Member
Piano World  Offline OP

6000 Post Club Member

Ok, we'll stick with the July14 date.

- Frank B.
Founder / Owner / Host
PianoWorld.com
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
ProRecord.info
My Keyboards:

Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2552179
06/26/16 11:44 AM
06/26/16 11:44 AM
Bowling Green, KY
F
Forrest Halford Offline
500 Post Club Member
Forrest Halford  Offline
500 Post Club Member
F

Bowling Green, KY
Dang, I was so looking forward to this. Husband has a colonoscopy on the 13th. 17 hour drive. Sorry, no can do. Enjoy and maybe next year.
F

PTG Associate Member
Haydn Hob. XVI: 23 in F major
Debussy Arabesque #1, Reverie
Bach BWV 874, 883
My beliefs are only that unless I can prove them.
Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2552268
06/26/16 09:29 PM
06/26/16 09:29 PM
western MA, USA
H
hreichgott Offline
3000 Post Club Member
hreichgott  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
H

western MA, USA
yep, that's right in the middle of my July gig, sorry can't make it. Have a great time!

Working on:
Cabaret (whole show)

Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2552684
06/28/16 02:01 PM
06/28/16 02:01 PM
Boston, MA
Eric50 Offline
Eric50  Offline

Boston, MA
UPDATE: Increasing to a party of 2. My friend Randy is coming as well.

----
Count me in! I'm in the Boston area and it's rather silly I've never done this. Thanks for organizing it.

Eric Helmuth
Arlington

Last edited by Eric50; 06/28/16 02:18 PM.

Schimmel 174
Re: Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour 2016 [Re: Piano World] #2552832
06/29/16 02:41 AM
06/29/16 02:41 AM
Israel
Y
Yotam Ishay Offline
Yotam Ishay  Offline
Y

Israel
Hi I'm coming back to MA in september and I would love to take a tour

My E-mail : yotam128@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

(ad)
Sweetwater - Keyboards
Sweetwater
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Headphones - Amp - Focals - Grados
by Bruce In Philly. 10/23/18 02:42 PM
Mass-Produced Steinway Rebuilds - opinions pls
by precise. 10/23/18 02:17 PM
Kawai ES110 dissasembly
by RodrigoPon. 10/23/18 10:48 AM
Young Chang still providing action brackets??
by Rich Galassini. 10/23/18 10:21 AM
Piano environment monitoring
by Chris Snyder. 10/23/18 09:57 AM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Petrof
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics187,955
Posts2,755,029
Members91,318
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Please Support Our Advertisers
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Sweetwater

PianoTeq Petrof
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission