2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
25 members (clothearednincompo, Frédéric L, Deltajockey, Emery Wang, CraiginNZ, Gianluca, Caleb1416, Calavera, CyberGene, chopinetto, 4 invisible), 391 guests, and 423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23
Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced!
Giancarlo Robles #2477857 11/06/15 09:46 AM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Some nice monitors to go with your PX-560 if you need near field monitoring.

(ad)
Sweetwater Gifts That Rock
ElmerJFudd #2480249 11/13/15 03:00 PM
E
E
The R65's are next on my gear list.A very exciting pair of monitors for the price.

"If you have good musicians around you,there's nothing to say...if you don't,there's nothing you can say"

-Cab Calloway
Elwood #2480256 11/13/15 03:20 PM
E
E
Well...I finally got my defective PX-560 sorted out and I have my replacement.
Since I am so accustomed to Korg midi sequencers & ones similar to it,I find the sequencer section of the PX-560,very frustrating.
For example,when you are using a Korg,the presets are selected from within the sequencer area and each track can have effects assigned to it.

To pick a preset for a song track,you must first select a preset from the program mode and then once you go into the midi recorder mode,that preset you selected,is on the system track.
Now....to pick your next preset,you repeat this process and you must first select another track(such as track 001) and then hit the record button(at which point the preset you chose,is assigned to the respective track.
So what this means essentially,is that you are constantly exiting and reentering the sequencer mode,which is really annoying to me.
Also...whenever a program preset is chosen and assigned to a track,the effects of that program,are there.
That said and at this point,I really don't know how the effects are applied,or how they are allocated or layered?

Anyway...I am more of a hands-on person,but with this keyboard,I am constantly referring to the manual,which is a very tedious process and I abhor it.

I sincerely hope Casio will make in-depth tutorial videos at some point and soon(and I'm willing to pay for them,if need be.)

"If you have good musicians around you,there's nothing to say...if you don't,there's nothing you can say"

-Cab Calloway
Elwood #2480350 11/13/15 07:10 PM
E
E
By the way & on a more positive note,that with regard to the piano sounds,I have found that having both the internal speakers and my studio monitors turned on,I get this wonderful ambiance of sound...as if I am in front of a real piano.
So as it turns out,the built in speakers are very useful to me,in this respect.

-Cab Calloway
Giancarlo Robles #2480362 11/13/15 07:56 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Useful information. This is v1 of the Casio touch screen graphic user interface. It's the path they've chosen going forward, rather than lots of buttons, knobs, and faders. So it will get refined. Hopefully as a firmware update for all their keyboards using the touch screen and not just next generation models.

Mike has done an overview of the interface they are sharing at KraftMusic,
using the CGP700

I hear the PX-560 has been picked up as a topic at the PX-5S Facebook Group, so might be worth asking questions on use that baffle you to the group.

Elwood #2480623 11/14/15 05:08 PM
A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Elwood
at this point,I really don't know how the effects are applied,or how they are allocated or layered?

I'm not sure, but from the manual, it looks to me like you would use the Mixer to assign the level of System Effects you want for each track (reverb, chorus, delay); and separately, it looks like there's one DSP effect available, though I don't see how you tell it which of your 16 tracks you want to use it on, if you end up using more than one Tone that has a DSP effect associated with it.

Giancarlo Robles #2484200 11/24/15 08:50 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

Giancarlo Robles #2486986 12/02/15 09:12 PM
A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
I know there are at least a couple of people in this thread who have the PX560... I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the problem I have with mine... the plastic housing over the right speaker buzzes when some notes are played loudly. Here's a video of the problem, demonstrated with the first EP sound. I'd like to know if others have heard the same thing, and, assuming it isn't an inherent limitation of not being able to safely play some sounds at full volume, if anyone might be able to suggest a fix (i.e. a way to "tighten down" that part of the housing), short of returning/replacing the unit or having it serviced.

Giancarlo Robles #2486994 12/02/15 09:58 PM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
anotherscott, I don't have anything to offer with regards to your problem, however I just wanted to say kudos for uploading the video as 'Unlisted' and not leaving it 'Public'.

Cheers,
James
x

ps. Great to see some vids of you playing too, btw!

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

"I agree that the User Manual is very good." - arc7urus, March 2019
Giancarlo Robles #2486995 12/02/15 10:05 PM
F
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
F
Anotherscott,
I had the same problem with the yamaha P-250 that I used to own. I found that the solution was the opposite of tightening it down. There was some weird resonance with the chassis, but I was able to make it go away by loosening some of the screws that held it together. That buzzing drove me crazy until I figured out how to get rid of it. It's been so long ago I'm not positive but I vaguely remember having to loosen the screws on the opposite end of the instrument from the side which was buzzing (and maybe I tightened some and loosened others). I do remember that I didn't have to adjust the screws much. Everything was still held together solidly, just not fastened down as tightly as possible. You may find the tightening or loosening the screws will help. That old Yammy was tightened down with a lot of screws, not sure how applicable that is to the casio, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. I suppose there could also be some weird resonance with the room, but I suppose you've checked that?

Nord Stage 2 HA88
Roland RD800
anotherscott #2486996 12/02/15 10:09 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by anotherscott
I know there are at least a couple of people in this thread who have the PX560... I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the problem I have with mine... the plastic housing over the right speaker buzzes when some notes are played loudly. Here's a video of the problem, demonstrated with the first EP sound. I'd like to know if others have heard the same thing, and, assuming it isn't an inherent limitation of not being able to safely play some sounds at full volume, if anyone might be able to suggest a fix (i.e. a way to "tighten down" that part of the housing), short of returning/replacing the unit or having it serviced.

I know it's probably a pain, but get it replaced ASAP. That's one of those annoying things that unfortunately happen once in a while, and you're better off getting a new unit than to try and fix it.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Morodiene #2487016 12/03/15 12:02 AM
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
For those who don't like the Casio speakers but are on a budget, I highly recommend Logitech Z-2300 speakers. They aren't made anymore, and Logitech's newer speakers lack the quality of the Z-2300's. However, you can find them used on Ebay or Amazon. They are 100W, two satellites and a very capable subwoofer. The satellites can sit on top of your Privia while the subwoofer can sit below it.

I owned a PX-350, and the Logitech speakers sound 10x better than the on board speakers.

Currently, I use the Logitechs for my computer, and I use KRK Rokit 6 G3's for my digital piano playing. The KRKs sound superior to the Logitechs, but they are 2x the price.

Roland FP-90; Pianoteq 6 + many add-ons; 2 Yamaha HS8s; ATH-M50X and Samson SR850 headphones; Xenyx Q802USB interface. 2; I make a living playing a Yamaha PSR-S970 with FBT Maxx 2a's, Crowne Headset Mic. I also play guitar.
anotherscott #2487023 12/03/15 12:39 AM
G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by anotherscott

Get these replaced. This is not acceptable and should be covered under warranty.

Shigeru Kawai SK-7
Mason and Hamlin BB
Grandman #2503223 01/23/16 03:19 PM
E
E
I think I made a grave mistake,in buying the PX560...and even considering a Casio,for that matter.
Main reason being,is that all of the major brand of keyboard companies have made tutorial videos for their products and it seems clear to me,that Casio has no intention of supporting their consumers in this way.

I would have thought by now(with the Winter Namm show),that Casio would have gotten up off of their lethargic butts and provided some product support.

Doesn't Casio have any clue or care,that their radically different layout & functionality in contrast to the competitions' workstations is painfully confusing to some,if not most??

I've had decades of workstation experience and I'm stonewalled by Casio's sequencer....so just imagine how stuck a novice would be??

For the last several weeks,I have merely used my Casio as a midi controller for my DAW's and have not touched the sequencer at all.
Every time I tried laying down portions of a song,I would accidentally delete data and I can't figure out why.

It's a very common practice these days,to make tutorial videos....so what gives!??

MIKE MARTIN....ARE YOU READING THIS??

-Cab Calloway
Giancarlo Robles #2523471 03/22/16 06:56 AM
R
R_B Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
WOW, no signs of Dewster for quite a while now.
I didn't agree with him on EVERYTHING, that would be kinda weird anyway, but I miss his contributions on the forum.

Hey Dewster, if you've "gone read only" for a while I think I can understand that, we need breaks from time to time.

BEST WISHES.
Please come back when you are ready.

Elwood #2523825 03/23/16 09:43 AM
J
J

[...]
Main reason being,is that all of the major brand of keyboard companies have made tutorial videos for their products and it seems clear to me,that Casio has no intention of supporting their consumers in this way.
[...]

Hi

Privia PX-560 webinar - Controller Functions
Casio Privia Pro PX-560 Live Webinar

Found them at Casio Music Gear

José Antonio
Elwood #2523862 03/23/16 11:23 AM
P
P
I think I made a grave mistake,in buying the PX560...and even considering a Casio,for that matter.

I would have thought by now(with the Winter Namm show),that Casio would have gotten up off of their lethargic butts and provided some product support.

Doesn't Casio have any clue or care,that their radically different layout & functionality in contrast to the competitions' workstations is painfully confusing to some,if not most??

I've had decades of workstation experience and I'm stonewalled by Casio's sequencer....so just imagine how stuck a novice would be??

For the last several weeks,I have merely used my Casio as a midi controller for my DAW's and have not touched the sequencer at all.
Every time I tried laying down portions of a song,I would accidentally delete data and I can't figure out why.

It's a very common practice these days,to make tutorial videos....so what gives!??

MIKE MARTIN....ARE YOU READING THIS??

Are you kidding me? Mike Martin has been the most active and proactive person of all the major manufacturers of DP's. Not only are there live interactive webinars he hosts himself, dedicated forums that Mike himself participates in (ie: casiomusicforums.com and a dedicated FB page), as well as perusing/responding to more general forums such as this! I don't see anyone of that position from other manufacturers partaking in that level of personal user interaction, with the exception of James at Kawai on forums like these.
Edit: Rich Formidoni has also produced some excellent demo and quick 'how to' videos for the PX-560.

Last edited by PianoManChuck; 03/23/16 11:25 AM.

www.PianoManChuck.com
Authorized Reseller of Casio, Dexibell, iLoud, Kurzweil, Nord, PreSonus and more...
PianoManChuck on Youtube
R_B #2523882 03/23/16 12:22 PM
P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by R_B
WOW, no signs of Dewster for quite a while now.
I didn't agree with him on EVERYTHING, that would be kinda weird anyway, but I miss his contributions on the forum.

Hey Dewster, if you've "gone read only" for a while I think I can understand that, we need breaks from time to time.

BEST WISHES.
Please come back when you are ready.

+1

Beakybird #2524949 03/26/16 10:08 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Beakybird
I use KRK Rokit 6 G3's for my digital piano playing.

I just got some Rokit 5's for my PX-5S and they sound wonderful. Would like a little more bass so I am really considering the KRK10S sub woofer. Anyone have one of these and can share some info?

Scott Hamlin #2524963 03/26/16 11:22 PM
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Scott Hamlin
Originally Posted by Beakybird
I use KRK Rokit 6 G3's for my digital piano playing.

I just got some Rokit 5's for my PX-5S and they sound wonderful. Would like a little more bass so I am really considering the KRK10S sub woofer. Anyone have one of these and can share some info?

You might want to save money by springing for the Rokit 6's. I play in a relatively small space, and with the 6's, I really feel satisfied with the bass response.

The Rokit's are among the best monitors in their price range, but I see room for improvement as far as bringing out the true breadth of a grand piano. BTW, I highly recommend Pianoteq or any great virtual piano. The Casio piano voices do not compare.

But to the Casio's credit, it has a very satisfying feel, they're light weight, well made, and they sound pretty good.

Roland FP-90; Pianoteq 6 + many add-ons; 2 Yamaha HS8s; ATH-M50X and Samson SR850 headphones; Xenyx Q802USB interface. 2; I make a living playing a Yamaha PSR-S970 with FBT Maxx 2a's, Crowne Headset Mic. I also play guitar.
Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
(ad) SWEETWATER Cyber Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Ravenscroft Help
by Grandman - 11/30/20 10:36 PM
loudness/projection vs. bright/mellow
by Piano Math - 11/30/20 08:19 PM
Growing up with an Acoustic Piano
by Deltajockey - 11/30/20 07:35 PM
The 100 Hardest Piano Concertos
by achoo42 - 11/30/20 06:19 PM
MIDI to USB double output
by lukasz-zsakul - 11/30/20 04:57 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics203,174
Posts3,029,099
Members99,438
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission