Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
What's Hot!!
Mr. PianoWorld - the full interview
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
72 registered members (anamnesis, Astropiano, beeboss, belcanto2, Agent88, AnnInMiami, accordeur, 20 invisible), 1,361 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20
Re: Physis Piano [Re: EssBrace] #2517220
03/03/16 08:22 PM
03/03/16 08:22 PM
P
pv88 Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
pv88  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
P
Steve,

You mentioned in your review that your H1 has the "ST1 Amplified Piano Stand" that also has the built-in speaker system:

http://www.kraftmusic.com/physis-piano-st1-stand.html

Question:

You were not convinced with the realism of the speakers except when boosted to high volume?

As for now the most realistic DP* to my ears via speakers is the Clavinova CLP-990.

*Extra note:

When I say "realistic" -- it's close to an acoustic.

Roland V-Piano | Yamaha CLP-585 | Yamaha CLP-990M | Kawai EP3
(ad) ROLAND

Click Here

Re: Physis Piano [Re: EssBrace] #2517452
03/04/16 03:42 PM
03/04/16 03:42 PM
P
pv88 Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
pv88  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
P
Steve,

Physis repair -- USA:

Thought you should know that I just spoke directly with Joshua Dove, Director of Sales, Viscount North America, and I do not believe I would ever be ordering a Physis Piano (of any make or model) after hearing what he said about after purchase support in regards to repair work:

I asked as to whom would do repair work on the upright V100 model should there be any issues with keys or pedals needing adjustment and was told (to paraphrase his comments) that he would "allow any local technician of my choice (like a Yamaha repair tech that I have used in the past, for example) to do the repair work" and that parts could be shipped to me directly but it would be the "customer's responsibility" to find and/or select a technician to do the repairs whether it happens to be a Yamaha tech or someone else.

I asked him if this would violate the Physis warranty and he said "no" as he would "personally endorse" the customer's choice of a technician for all repairs.

Have never heard of such an arrangement for repair support so all bets are off as for owning a Physis Piano.

He believes that "any tech" can do work on their pianos.

Any thoughts on the above?

Steve, other questions:

If you ever should have an issue of any kind that requires a repair or adjustment on your H1 what are the current options where you are?

Do you have someone (like I do) that can do local repairs or would you send it back to a shop or the manufacturer?

I was quite surprised to hear Physis would allow my own choice of a repair technician.

This infers they have no one else to do repair work.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: pv88] #2517642
03/05/16 04:17 AM
03/05/16 04:17 AM
Suffolk, United Kingdom
E
EssBrace Offline
3000 Post Club Member
EssBrace  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
E
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Richard

I think that Viscount's response to you is a result of their limited infrastructure in North America. I would doubt they have the capacity to set up a dedicated service function for digital pianos. So given that, I think their solution is perfectly reasonable. I might even go further and say I would see it as a positive thing if I got the telephone assurances in writing first. I think Viscount's response to you is as sensible as it could possibly be; they guarantee the repairs done by a tech of your choice. You can't say fairer than that. The only problem would be if you couldn't find a tech in which you had faith but the local musician community is bound to know someone that is good with keyboards so I'm sure you'd find someone in the end. Other than the bespoke motherboard and/or chip set I doubt the hardware (keys for example) would cause any trepidation for a decent tech. Likewise I see the need for key and/or pedal adjustment as unlikely. The keys are not like a full length wooden affair like Kawai where the materials might occasionally settle or require a slight tweak. It's a plastic and metal 'off the peg' Fatar action with wooden white keys in place of what ordinarily would be plastic I assume.

If I were to go through Physis purchase again I might not choose the ST1 stand. There is an ST2 stand that is slightly reminiscent of the V-Piano stand although not as beefy. Onto that you can bolt some Physis active speakers - I think the set up is pictured on their website. I might go that route if I did this all over again. Or I might have chosen a decent set of near fields or stuck with just headphones. I'm not sure. ST1 set up looks pretty well integrated but to confirm another answer for you, yes I only feel it is much good when on max volume, which is about equivalent to a real upright piano's volume. As I said in my review the problem with the speakers is only apparent to the player. Someone standing a few feet away would make positive comment on the sound.

Finally, if I had a problem with my Physis...well, there is an official UK importer but I bought mine from Thomann (based on continental Europe), who applied their own three year warranty. So I'd have to contact them and follow their instructions. The UK importer was great over the phone but in person I dealt with someone else at one of their shops and I just didn't like their attitude and the shop was quite tired and depressing. I won't bore you with the details but it might have been a different story if I'd dealt in person with the guy I'd spoken to on the phone. I did make a couple of email enquiries with Physis in Italy to ask questions and they responded promptly and with accurate information.

Cheers,

Steve

Roland RD-1000 | Nord Piano 3 | Dexibell Vivo P7
Re: Physis Piano [Re: EssBrace] #2517659
03/05/16 06:50 AM
03/05/16 06:50 AM
Melbourne, Australia
A
ando Offline
5000 Post Club Member
ando  Offline
5000 Post Club Member
A
Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by EssBrace
Richard

I think that Viscount's response to you is a result of their limited infrastructure in North America. I would doubt they have the capacity to set up a dedicated service function for digital pianos. So given that, I think their solution is perfectly reasonable. I might even go further and say I would see it as a positive thing if I got the telephone assurances in writing first. I think Viscount's response to you is as sensible as it could possibly be; they guarantee the repairs done by a tech of your choice. You can't say fairer than that. The only problem would be if you couldn't find a tech in which you had faith but the local musician community is bound to know someone that is good with keyboards so I'm sure you'd find someone in the end. Other than the bespoke motherboard and/or chip set I doubt the hardware (keys for example) would cause any trepidation for a decent tech. Likewise I see the need for key and/or pedal adjustment as unlikely. The keys are not like a full length wooden affair like Kawai where the materials might occasionally settle or require a slight tweak. It's a plastic and metal 'off the peg' Fatar action with wooden white keys in place of what ordinarily would be plastic I assume.

If I were to go through Physis purchase again I might not choose the ST1 stand. There is an ST2 stand that is slightly reminiscent of the V-Piano stand although not as beefy. Onto that you can bolt some Physis active speakers - I think the set up is pictured on their website. I might go that route if I did this all over again. Or I might have chosen a decent set of near fields or stuck with just headphones. I'm not sure. ST1 set up looks pretty well integrated but to confirm another answer for you, yes I only feel it is much good when on max volume, which is about equivalent to a real upright piano's volume. As I said in my review the problem with the speakers is only apparent to the player. Someone standing a few feet away would make positive comment on the sound.

Finally, if I had a problem with my Physis...well, there is an official UK importer but I bought mine from Thomann (based on continental Europe), who applied their own three year warranty. So I'd have to contact them and follow their instructions. The UK importer was great over the phone but in person I dealt with someone else at one of their shops and I just didn't like their attitude and the shop was quite tired and depressing. I won't bore you with the details but it might have been a different story if I'd dealt in person with the guy I'd spoken to on the phone. I did make a couple of email enquiries with Physis in Italy to ask questions and they responded promptly and with accurate information.

Cheers,

Steve

As long as Viscount offers a service manual/protocol and a parts catalog, and they are willing to supply it to the repairer of your choice, I think that what Steve says is right. You wouldn't want anybody working on your keyboard if they have no resources at all from the manufacturer. That's what authorised service centres are - musical instrument repairers who have the documentation and access to parts so they can repair the brand in question. Richard, if Viscount offer to supply this to you/your repairer, I think everything will be fine. I probably don't need to remind you that some fully warranted brands in your country don't always offer stellar service anyway, so that's no guarantee.

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Physis Piano [Re: pv88] #2517674
03/05/16 08:09 AM
03/05/16 08:09 AM
P
Pete14 Online content
1000 Post Club Member
Pete14  Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
P
The ST1 stand uses 6" woofers, 3" inch mids, and 1" tweeters X2; whereas the SP2 speakers (monitors) use a 5" woofer and a 1" inch tweeter per speaker. I don't think the latter would be much better; however, these are placed higher, and that might make a difference.

I'm surprised that the speakers on the ST1 are not 'very realistic' at lower volumes. Perhaps adding two nearfield monitors would help.

BTW, the ST1 stand and SP2 speakers are not available @ Kraft.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: Pete14] #2517859
03/05/16 07:58 PM
03/05/16 07:58 PM
P
pv88 Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
pv88  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Pete14
BTW, the ST1 stand and SP2 speakers are not available @ Kraft.

@Pete14,

I think you missed it but the ST1 Amplified Piano Stand is available at Kraft Music -- either separately, or, in their "bundled" package:

1) ST1 Amplified Piano Stand:

http://www.kraftmusic.com/physis-piano-st1-stand.html

2) "Complete Home Bundle" (includes stand)

http://www.kraftmusic.com/physis-h1-88-key-digital-piano-complete-home-bundle.html

The "SP2 Speakers" you mention are coupled to the "ST2 Stand" and do not appear to be available from Kraft Music -- only available through Viscount:

1) SP2 Speakers:

http://www.viscountinstruments.us/sp2-speaker.html

2) ST2 Stand:

http://www.viscountinstruments.us/st2-stand.html

Of the two above speaker options the "ST1 Amplified Piano Stand" is the one intended for home use.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: pv88] #2517862
03/05/16 08:07 PM
03/05/16 08:07 PM
P
Pete14 Online content
1000 Post Club Member
Pete14  Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
P
Yes, I meant to say the ST2.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: EssBrace] #2517873
03/05/16 08:37 PM
03/05/16 08:37 PM
P
pv88 Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
pv88  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
P
@Steve & ando, above:

Thanks for your detailed replies and I am not so sure my current chosen technician (who was a former Yamaha tech only) would agree to working on any other digital without some kind of written confirmation from Viscount, i.e., Joshua Dove.

Even if my technician were to agree to work or make adjustments on the Physis Piano I am now waiting to hear of the pricing for the V100 and H1 with amplified stand.

1) V100 & delivery options:

To be able to accept a V100 it will already be fully assembled upon delivery in its own box and will go into the space where my V-Piano now sits. I am asking for the delivery service to help me move the V-Piano and stand upstairs as I have no other options as for limited space.

Joshua Dove is going to send pricing that includes assistance with moving the V-Piano otherwise this option is a no go.

2) H1 plus ST1 amplified stand:

This is probably my better option as the H1 is easier to assemble onto its stand and I should able to do all of the assembly myself if I can find someone to assist me with getting the V-Piano and stand upstairs. The only real issue here is moving the V-Piano, not assembling the H1.

Have to see as to how I can manage moving the V-Piano if I decide to buy either instrument and this may end up being additional paid for assistance by the delivery guys upon arrival. I may receive full assistance from Viscount if I purchase the V100.

Would probably only get standard UPS delivery for the H1 and amplified stand which would arrive in 2 separate boxes that I would have to handle myself.

Will be receiving the pricing estimates as soon as Monday, March 7th.

Extra note:

I am currently going directly through Viscount (i.e., Joshua Dove) should I decide to order a piano as it would take several weeks for Kraft Music to obtain and ship the same. It would ship much faster through Viscount.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: EssBrace] #2517877
03/05/16 09:11 PM
03/05/16 09:11 PM
P
pv88 Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
pv88  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
P
Steve,

One other question:

Is there a working music stand/rack for sheet music and books on the H1?

If so, I do not see it in the pictures and while it may not be a deal breaker this is one reason why all of the full upright digital(s) are preferred over the stage models as they invariably have decent music stands for sheet music and books.

The V100 obviously has a music stand although I am not sure the high price will be worth it since the H1 and amplified stand can be had for a lot less.

The H1 is supposed to have the same identical action and keys as V100.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: pv88] #2517886
03/05/16 09:39 PM
03/05/16 09:39 PM
Suffolk, United Kingdom
E
EssBrace Offline
3000 Post Club Member
EssBrace  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
E
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by pv88
Steve,

One other question:

Is there a working music stand/rack for sheet music and books on the H1?

Yes, H1 comes with a music rest. If i get a chance tomorrow i'll post a picture.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: EssBrace] #2517890
03/05/16 09:50 PM
03/05/16 09:50 PM
P
pv88 Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
pv88  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
P
Yes, H1 comes with a music rest. If i get a chance tomorrow i'll post a picture.

Ok, thanks. As it certainly makes a difference with having use of a music rest.

Also, with the V-Piano going upstairs (if I can manage moving it) the Physis Piano would sit right next to my CLP-585 as the CLP-990 is on the opposite wall.

Would be interesting to have the Physis alongside the V-Piano but that will not work since moving either Clavinova upstairs is not going to be feasible.

Extra note:

Another option may be to take the Physis Piano upstairs (without moving anything from downstairs) but in doing so there would be no computer access so making recordings from Physis would not be possible.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: EssBrace] #2517939
03/06/16 03:50 AM
03/06/16 03:50 AM
P
pv88 Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
pv88  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
P
Steve,

I finally found what looks to be a see-through (i.e., translucent) detachable plastic music rest on the H1 -- at Kraft Music, below. It's apparently a little small in regards to the width (across) as it is about the same size as the one on my Kawai EP3.

Is this what you have?

[Linked Image]

Re: Physis Piano [Re: pv88] #2517986
03/06/16 08:33 AM
03/06/16 08:33 AM
Suffolk, United Kingdom
E
EssBrace Offline
3000 Post Club Member
EssBrace  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
E
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Yes, that's it. It is on the small side but it's quite an elegant thing visually and in the way it attaches/detaches.

So Richard, it looks like you are considering purchasing a Physis Piano...I'm interested in what your reasons are? You already have a stable of top end DPs that must offer considerable variety. I firmly believe you can't have too many pianos (!) so I'm certainly not criticising but I would like to know what you think Physis would give you that you are currently missing? For great sounds you have your Yamahas and for great pianistic behaviours you have the V. I'm not saying that Physis couldn't find a niche in your collection because it probably could but it is a big purchase!

Cheers,

Steve

Re: Physis Piano [Re: EssBrace] #2518162
03/06/16 03:42 PM
03/06/16 03:42 PM
P
pv88 Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
pv88  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
P

So Richard, it looks like you are considering purchasing a Physis Piano...I'm interested in what your reasons are?

Steve,

You ask a very good question since you are right I am in no need of another digital by any means. I have been drawn to the lure of the Physis Piano, V-100 model specifically, just to see if it would stand up to my Clavinova's in regards to sounds and particularly the speaker projection from the cabinet.

Looks like I have not found a better digital than the older (yet very trustworthy) CLP-990M which has realistic and convincing sounds to my ears and this is due to its amazing speaker projection. Even though not perfect the sounds from the CLP-990 are very good and are better than many other digitals I have managed to play or currently own and the heavier weighted action is excellent, a plus.

Hope this says a lot about the quality of Yamaha products as I will probably continue to swap off and trade in the current Clavinova CLP-585 for yet another model when released.

Will be receiving the pricing estimates for the V100 and H1 tomorrow on Monday and I do not believe I will be buying one even though it can be rather tempting, nonetheless.

Question:

Do you think the V100 is worth the extra money?

I was not able to get a firm price quote over the phone although it was mentioned that the V100 was around $6K after their discount (?) and this may not include shipping charges. Unless I am given some really attractive low end pricing the V100 will be a no go.

The V100 would be about twice what I paid for the CLP-585 which was exactly $3,317 delivered and this included taking away the CLP-480. Now, that's quite a deal!

Not to mention I know a first-rate Yamaha technician who did very good work on the damaged CLP-990M when it arrived after a rather rough long distance haul.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: EssBrace] #2518197
03/06/16 05:07 PM
03/06/16 05:07 PM
P
pv88 Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
pv88  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
P
Yes, that's it. It is on the small side but it's quite an elegant thing visually and in the way it attaches/detaches.

Extra questions:

1) As for the music rest -- does it block any sound from the speaker bar behind it?

I can see where you might not use the rest should it end up blocking sound.

2) Does the H1 and/or V100 have the escapement simulation?

Nothing is mentioned about it in the manual or website.

3) Does your H1 amplified stand have a pedal bolt?

Another detail that appears to be missing would be what is called the "pedal support bolt" which is a small screw with a knob on the end of it that you lower down by hand from underneath the bottom of the pedal box to the floor for additional support and stability when depressing the pedals:

[Linked Image]

Please note I have never yet owned a full size upright digital that does not have this bolt (called an "adjuster" from the CLP-585 manual above) and the Physis Piano V100 and H1 would be a "first" -- not to have this.

Even the AvantGrand's have support bolts for the pedals as I remember one member here (i.e., Zachary) who owns an AG N2 who forgot to do this and wondered as to why the pedal box had been flexing on him a bit as he said he had put some towels or something like it underneath for support not realizing it had a pedal bolt. I had brought the issue to his attention.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: pv88] #2518267
03/06/16 08:17 PM
03/06/16 08:17 PM
Suffolk, United Kingdom
E
EssBrace Offline
3000 Post Club Member
EssBrace  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
E
Suffolk, United Kingdom
No, the music rest does not block sound. Although the speaker bar is full width the speakers are actually located towards the left and right sides of the bar so there's no speaker(s) behind the music rest.

No, the keys do not feature escapement simulation.

Yes, the pedal box on the ST1 amplified stand have adjuster bolts to ensure they remain stable in use and to accommodate uneven floors etc.

I can't say whether the V100 is worth the money. I have played one but someone had butchered all the touch settings so badly that at first I thought it was faulty (it wasn't). I quickly moved on the H2 which other than piano action is I believe essentially the same as H1. The action was not very nice. Far too imprecise and cheap feeling. I believe H2 uses Fatar TP100, which is very inferior to TP40, let alone TP40 Wood, which is better again. But it told me enough about Physis for me to go ahead and purchase. As I said in my review I can honestly say I've never had a moment of regret but likewise I cannot be sure I'd buy it again. It's the only piano I've had set up in a useable state since I bought it and I've been happy with it, despite its flaws.

Cheers,

Steve

Re: Physis Piano [Re: EssBrace] #2518275
03/06/16 08:34 PM
03/06/16 08:34 PM
P
pv88 Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
pv88  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
P
Steve,

Thanks for all of your replies as I know now that I will not be ordering a Physis since I see nothing in particular to be gained by owning one although I am very happy to hear you do like yours!

Just received delivery of a chicken tenders salad and large order of home style fries from a local pizza shop as dinner is calling to be had.

Do hope you will post a few recordings from your H1 so everyone can hear some of the sounds that are in it.

Have a good evening!

Re: Physis Piano [Re: EssBrace] #2518300
03/06/16 09:40 PM
03/06/16 09:40 PM
P
pv88 Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
pv88  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
P
Wanted to add that while Physis Piano may be our only option right now as for a fully modeled digital (other than V-Piano) I am waiting to see what will happen with Yamaha's offerings in the near future.

Yamaha & modeling -- new digitals:

Would like to see a new AvantGrand series that incorporates some new modeling features (perhaps taken in part from the CP1, i.e., Spectrum Component Modeling) yet keeps their authentic grand piano action intact.

Or, a combination of modeling and sampling combined with a real grand piano action. When Yamaha releases something like this we should get a little closer to the real thing.

Any other thoughts?

Re: Physis Piano [Re: pv88] #2518306
03/06/16 09:59 PM
03/06/16 09:59 PM
Sydney, Australia
S
sullivang Offline
2000 Post Club Member
sullivang  Offline
2000 Post Club Member
S
Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by Jay Roland's signature

Yes....the New Roland HP/LX Pianos ARE in fact completely modelled.

;^)

Greg.

Middle-aged Jeremy Clarkson acolyte.
Re: Physis Piano [Re: sullivang] #2518315
03/06/16 10:42 PM
03/06/16 10:42 PM
P
pv88 Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
pv88  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
P
Greg,

Yes, there are some good offerings from Roland and I probably would have already bought and be playing an LX-17 if I didn't have the V-Piano.

Really would like to see an improved version of the AvantGrand series and it will be interesting as to what might come along next as I hope there is some modeling added in.

In the meanwhile I have asked Steve to share a few recordings from his Physis H1 which is also a nice instrument and we can hear more of what it sounds like.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: pv88] #2518506
03/07/16 02:44 PM
03/07/16 02:44 PM
P
pv88 Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
pv88  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
P
Pricing estimates:

A little disappointed that no estimates have been given by Viscount (as they have my email and phone info) and I thought they would have contacted me early in the morning if they believed I had serious interest in buying a V100 or H1. Be advised that the new Sales Director, i.e., Joshua Dove, does a lot of fast talking on the phone and did not let me get a word in edge wise as for questions. Viscount appears to be reluctant in sharing any pricing info with potential customers unless you make a firm commitment to purchase. This is rude behavior on their behalf and not a good way to deal with customers.

Not that this matters since I was not obligated to buy although it appears that better service can be had in the USA from Kraft Music if one wishes to purchase a Physis Piano. They carry all of the stage models but not the V100. Their current discounts and bundled packages look to be quite reasonable.

Therefore, I recommend that no one attempts asking questions or placing an order directly through Viscount, USA, as it was not a pleasant experience.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: pv88] #2518595
03/07/16 07:49 PM
03/07/16 07:49 PM
Suffolk, United Kingdom
E
EssBrace Offline
3000 Post Club Member
EssBrace  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
E
Suffolk, United Kingdom
...it appears that better service can be had in the USA from Kraft Music if one wishes to purchase a Physis Piano. They carry all of the stage models but not the V100. Their current discounts and bundled packages look to be quite reasonable.

Yes their prices seem okay to me. One curious detail is that H2 with ST1 stand and accessory bundle is $800 more than the same package including H1.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: EssBrace] #2518599
03/07/16 07:56 PM
03/07/16 07:56 PM
P
pv88 Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
pv88  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
P
Steve,

I waited all day as of now as it is nearly 7:00 PM as of right now and have heard nothing from Viscount. Not sure that they are at all interested in giving out pricing estimates to anyone.

It's no skin off of my nose although they did lose a potential customer, here.

Extra note:

Will be keeping the V-Piano until something else comes along that really can "blow us out of the water" with realistic sounds and authentic grand piano action.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: pv88] #2518607
03/07/16 08:04 PM
03/07/16 08:04 PM
Suffolk, United Kingdom
E
EssBrace Offline
3000 Post Club Member
EssBrace  Offline
3000 Post Club Member
E
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Maybe their view is that if they have authorised dealers in the US such as Kraft then the expectation is that the products will be sold through those dealers rather than a direct sale from Viscount. I suppose there could be some greater ambiguity with a brand like Physis that is so 'niche' and maybe Viscount would be prepared to sell direct in certain circumstances. But if you think about the parallel of Roland, Yamaha or Kawai there's no way you could approach the manufacturer direct and expect to buy. They would immediately refer you to a dealer. That said if this guy from Viscount made a commitment to you that he'd get pricing info to you and he hasn't then he's broken the first rule - he has not kept a promise. Never a good idea if you want to retain any goodwill in business.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: EssBrace] #2518611
03/07/16 08:11 PM
03/07/16 08:11 PM
P
pv88 Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
pv88  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
P
Yes, he broke his promise and that is not acceptable.

Also, do you think that Yamaha will eventually have a new offering that will replace the AvantGrand series?

I know that I would prefer a modeled instrument that has a real grand piano action and the modeling has to be RIGHT before the instrument truly sounds realistic, right?

Who can properly marry these two (2) features?

Re: Physis Piano [Re: pv88] #2518619
03/07/16 08:38 PM
03/07/16 08:38 PM
F
Fer De Armas Offline
500 Post Club Member
Fer De Armas  Offline
500 Post Club Member
F
Hi, IMHO... Kawai. Cheers!.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: Fer De Armas] #2518623
03/07/16 08:50 PM
03/07/16 08:50 PM
Melbourne, Australia
A
ando Offline
5000 Post Club Member
ando  Offline
5000 Post Club Member
A
Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by Fer De Armas
Hi, IMHO... Kawai. Cheers!.

Please go away.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: pv88] #2518636
03/07/16 09:57 PM
03/07/16 09:57 PM
Y
yb Offline
yb  Offline
Y
Pricing estimates:

A little disappointed that no estimates have been given by Viscount (as they have my email and phone info) and I thought they would have contacted me early in the morning if they believed I had serious interest in buying a V100 or H1.

Here in the UK, at least at the only shop I've seen selling them the V100 is roughly the same price as the H1 + fancy pants speaker stand.

i.e both are around £4000

Although I think the same shop actually had the H1 and the stand discounted in such a way it would have been cheaper to buy the 2 separate rather than the combo they advertised.

Not cheap by any stretch.

Although I'd probably be reasonably happy with a stage piano + decent headphones (which I've already got), an X stand and some monitor speakers. Which I think would cost quite a bit less than the bespoke stand (and also have the advantage they could be used with other products)

Let me say thanks to Steve et al for providing reviews and answering questions : I've become somewhat busy myself so I've only had chance to glance over them but I've bookmarked the thread.

I'm piqued enough to go and play one, although my current thinking is that I'm likely to wait and see what appears on the market.

The v-piano now seems ridiculously overpriced to me given that Roland have cheaper furniture models that supposedly use modelling. If they bring out a v-piano 2 that might be the one.

This H1 is cheaper and at least I can try one locally - perhaps playing one will convince me, but I can't help but think this is too much like Gem v2.

It's also spring now, and my other hobby is cycling, so I may just sit on the cash and get a new bike instead...

Re: Physis Piano [Re: pv88] #2518644
03/07/16 10:16 PM
03/07/16 10:16 PM
P
Pete14 Online content
1000 Post Club Member
Pete14  Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
P
The Physis seems to be a special-order instrument (at the moment), and Kraft does not accept returns on special-order items.

I've been curious about the Physis as an alternative to the more expensive offerings out there, but not being able to return it if, for example, I don't like the action, is not a risk I'd be willing to take.

I also noticed the drop in price for the H1; so yes, the H1 is now cheaper than the H2. This seems odd, and I don't think it's an error because of the 'instant rebate' promtion; which is only applied to the H1. I'm referring to pricing/availability as it relates to Kraft (U.S.). I don' t know about pricing and availability in other countries.

Re: Physis Piano [Re: EssBrace] #2518645
03/07/16 10:17 PM
03/07/16 10:17 PM
P
pv88 Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
pv88  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
P
One curious detail is that H2 with ST1 stand and accessory bundle is $800 more than the same package including H1.

Steve,

Yes, you are right... although I now see that the H2 has been priced $800 higher than the H1 as I thought it should be the other way around?

For whatever reason you will see that both H2 and H3 have been priced higher than the H1 and it appears the H1 costs less than the other two pianos since H1 has been given the largest discount.

Regardless of given pricing I am glad not to be buying one as I just do not think the Physis Piano (V100 model, or, H1) would have anything more to offer than what is already available in the V-Piano.

Extra note:

Kurzweil Mark-Pro THREEi:

http://kurzweil.com/product/mark-pro_threei/

Something that has been running through my mind was the Kurzweil Mark-Pro THREEi that I bought back in 2011 which had the TP40L Fatar action and it turned out to be the worst action I have ever played on. All three pedals were loose with side play and had to be adjusted. I ended up selling this piano to a local high school teacher and had to almost give it away for $500 as it was originally an $1,800 purchase from an eBay seller with a no return policy. Perhaps I had been hoping that buying a Physis Piano with the customized Fatar action would somehow make up for the bad experience with the Kurzweil. Cannot see myself buying another digital with a Fatar action when Yamaha and Roland have been reliable.

Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20

Moderated by  Piano World 

New In Our Store!
New In Our Store!
key racks with hand sanitizer
Attn: Piano Teachers, Music Teachers, Studios!

A rack made from actual piano keys, with individual hand sanitizer for each student!
Tons more music related products in our online store!
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Buzzing sound and strange white repair on soundboard
by Swedishnerd. 09/23/18 06:01 PM
Galaxy Vintage D - still has pedaling issues?
by clavichords. 09/23/18 05:10 PM
Roland D-05 startup patch
by EVC2017. 09/23/18 04:19 PM
Adding a pianodisc silent piano system to a steinway
by graham.morrison795. 09/23/18 03:13 PM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Steingraeber
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics187,454
Posts2,747,382
Members91,075
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission