2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.9 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Petrof Pianos
Petrof Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Karsten Collection
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Who's Online Now
66 members (AjinoRegret, cfhosford, Charles Cohen, albydooby, Blague, Bourniplus, Beowulf, 14 invisible), 475 guests, and 229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Re: Recital 40 --- General Discussion Room
AB Forum Recital #2487004 12/02/15 11:38 PM
A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
41. Snapsh00t3r - Comptine d'un Autre Ete Well, there are no easy pieces, just pieces people make sound easy - which you did! Beautiful playing, very nicely phrased with a perfect balance between the hands and picking out the small melody notes. Wonderful!!!

42. never2old John Harrison - Waltz in a minor (posth) You have the feel of this waltz nicely; as you say there is room for improvement but isn't there always? I would try to strengthen the left hand a teeny bit, particularly the first note, though in many parts you get that quite nicely. Very enjoyable!

43. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Slippin' Around and Sneakin' Round Nice pair of pieces to put together. You really got the feel just right for Slippin', lovely rhythm and great syncopation. Pretty much ditto for sliding. Both sound so assured. Wonderful!

44. SwissMS/Doris - Sonata in G Major Opus 79, 2nd Movement Beautifully played, you did a great job of keeping those thirds flowing and phrased nicely. The more lyrical sections are just beautiful - wonderful phrasing. It's all within a limited dynamic range but sounds fine for that. And a perfect ending - loved it!

45. Smurfette - Prelude in C There are several schools of thought on how to play this, but not breathing is probably bad! I think if you shaped the whole piece with more of a dynamic range that would actually help with the breathing. But it was beautifully played, very nice!

46. outo - Prelude op 28-7 This is a trickier prelude than it sounds, my teacher was never quite happy with how I played it. You do a good job with the overall piece but you have misread the rhythm of the main motif I believe and that makes it harder to listen to. It's a dotted 8th followed by a 16th but you play two 8th notes. Fixing that would make it 100% better.

47. Valencia - Poetic Tone Pictures Op. 3 Nos 1 and 4 Wonderful pieces, beautifully played. Works in progress, perhaps, but they are complete performances! You really capture the sweep of the pieces, but there is beautiful phrasing within them too. Wonderful!

48. Andy Platt - Prelude in E Minor (Opus 11, No 4) I've improved on this performance a fair bit but I'm happy enough with it. The right hand chords need better phrasing. Some folks mentioned a pause, I'm not sure which one. There are some written into the score.

49. Richard (zrtf90) - Notturno, Op. 54 No. 4 Just a totally ravishing performance, immaculately played with great feeling and expression. Totally loved it!

50. Chopin - Nocturne no. 20 in C-sharp minor Well, luckily I know who wrote this even with the international characters problem - I'm probably not the only smarty pants! Seriously though, playing for a year, studying this for two months? Almost incomprehensible. It's beautifully phrased and shaped. The pedal is slightly heavy in a couple of parts but that's so minor. I just loved it!!!

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
AB Forum Recital #2487007 12/02/15 11:54 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thank you Stumbler,never2old, newbert, Pollux, raubucho, Monica K., CarlosCC, and jotur for your comments. They are greatly appreciated.

Linda

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Casio Privia PX-850 (home), Yamaha Upright (lessons)
AB Forum Recital #2487026 12/03/15 02:05 AM
E
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
E
More thank you's -- to Monica K., Inlanding, and Andy Platt for sharing your thoughts on my Mazurka since I last checked in. Andy, it’s a mystery why you spent a week listening to Mazurkas, but they are like exquisite chocolates where you always want to hear (or learn) just one more.

46. outo - Prelude op 28-7
A lovely prelude and good solution to overcoming all the last-minute obstacles you described. Even such a short piece really showcases your technique and style: very clear phrasing, pauses that created a nice sense of anticipation between phrases, and lovely rolled chord about ¾ of the way through. I hope you have a chance to play it when your acoustic is back in tune; I think it would be more fun to play with the dynamics then. Thank you so much for sharing this.

47. Valencia - Poetic Tone Pictures Op. 3 Nos 1 and 4
You play these so beautifully – they felt very polished. My attention was rapt and I was sorry when you finished. Somehow these conveyed a sense of being on the water, or the tide lapping at the shore. I wasn’t aware of this side of Grieg. It’s a nice side benefit of the ABF recitals to become aware of music we wouldn’t have heard otherwise.

48. Andy Platt - Prelude in E Minor (Opus 11, No 4)
Perfect placement after Valencia’s piece: your Scriabin seems to continue the tone poem atmosphere. You did a really nice job of bringing out the melody. I hope you really mean it when you say these are “readable,” because I’m tempted to add these preludes to my ever-growing to-do list. The pedal thumping that you mentioned is a feature, not a problem - makes the recording sound like a treasured old LP.

49. Richard (zrtf90) - Notturno, Op. 54 No. 4
It’s encouraging to hear that others revisit and redevelop favorite pieces over the years. This is lovely, yet another side of Grieg, and does seem to be a comfortable fit for you; your playing seems so calm and confident (as well as accomplished). Just beautiful trills, to mention only one of many elements that make this work so well.

50. Kenan - Nocturne no. 20 in C-sharp minor
Very impressive progress in just a year! It comes across that you have read the score and are trying to make everything work, but as you noted, still some technical challenges to make the piece sing even more. I don’t recall if you are working with a teacher? Anyway, my two cents… What really worked well and drew me in: the runs toward the beginning, such as m. 13, and a lot of the measured trills were really well done, almost seamless. A few things to pay attention to: note values, especially in the ¾ section, and more apparent variation in dynamics. I’m looking forward to your continued progress and next recital piece.

51. MaryBee - Sonata No. 1 in F Minor, 1st Mvt.
Ooh, masterfully played Beethoven; great attention to the many details that add up to make this movement so intriguing and powerful. Very inspiring! Are you going to work on all three movements?

More comments coming soon...

AB Forum Recital #2487278 12/03/15 09:27 PM
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
37. stumbler/Dave – Mr. John Begg’s Favourite I loved this! It’s so nice to hear Scottish played as an air (I’m used to it being dance music). You did a lovely job on this, and I agree that the arpeggios were perfect. Wonderful

29. Pollux – Piggies I didn’t know this, but I identify with the “self-taught/lack of discipline” laugh I’m working on it, tho! This was a cool piece, delightfully played.

60. raubucho – The Highlander Another Scottish! I liked the bagpipe drones, and it was a lively little piece. And a rant worthy of a pianist! Well done, both piano and rant 

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
AB Forum Recital #2487366 12/04/15 05:26 AM
A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
TX-BlueBonnet, I didn't say anything but I like your Malagueña very much. I hear it with the right Forte on some notes, and the right lingering on other notes to give it the flamenco charisma. Next time if you need an ñ, just tell me and I'll pass you one! laugh smile

AB Forum Recital #2487609 12/04/15 06:52 PM
A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
51. MaryBee - Sonata No. 1 in F Minor, 1st Mvt. I'm laughing at the thought that any Beethoven Sonata would be harder than you thought. I think all are! And this is not a trivial one; I love the sense of exhuberance and fun. And amazing control with all those runs and passages! Those opening notes are a famous example of the "Manheim Rocket" and I think you could make more of them. But overall I loved this!! All movements please ... smile

52. TX-Bluebonnet (Linda) - Malaguena I wouldn't worry about the tempo, allegro is a state of mind and I think you got that. It's upbeat, fun; you identified small problems which is the main thing. Overall it was great!

53. scorpio - Winter Twilight Beautiful, you play this with such calmness and control but it is always interesting. Nice phrasing, a great use of the silence, nice dynamic buildup. Loved it!

54. ajames - At the Ballet A wonderful short piece, I think you got the dance feel to this just right. Nice contrasts between the different sections, it's very enjoyable.

55. briangmoore - Allemande, French Suite #2 There are many ways to approach these suites, I'll admit to liking more "romantic" versions somewhat but yours is arguably more authentic. You kept the balance of the hands nicely done, the melody was present and it was nicely controlled. It just needs a little more life to really shine. But I enjoyed it anyway.

56. Moonsh1ne - Preludes Op 28 No 20 and No 4 Well, the first chord clued me in without looking. I love the "would it be magic" prelude! You got the voicing of the chords pretty nicely done, they didn't sound too vertical. And the dynamic range was just right. Loved it! For the e minor, it needs to be a little steadier in the left hand to really get the feel. I would slow it down quite a lot. But the right hand was nice and free and the ending was perfectly judged.

57. Inlanding - Glen - Cold Wind This is a real gem. Not only does it fit the mood of the title, it's wonderfully imaginative, beautifully played and just totally gorgeous. Awesome!!

58. Carlos88 - Jimbo's Lullaby If at first you can't succeed, come back in a year. This is a tricky piece to pull off but you did it nicely; it has that calm serenity, that rocking motion and you really play that nicely. The rhythmic and tempo changes are well done too. Excellent!

59. Lady_Augustina - Stargazing I have to admit the comment about not knowing what the bass clef notes were made me laugh. Perhaps after all these years it would be good to learn, ha ha! Anyway, this was a beautiful piece, played with a lovely balance. It flowed really well and there was nice phrasing in it. Perhaps a slightly bigger dynamic range, though you made the most of the range you used. Great!

60. raubucho - The Highlander Ah, technology! Well it sounds good in the end. You got that feeling of the highlands, the "drone", the melodic pipes. It's nicely phrased and just a wonderful ending to the recital!

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
AB Forum Recital #2487929 12/05/15 06:18 PM
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Thank you jotur for your encouraging words. Hope I haven't missed thanking anyone for their positive comments, which do so much for motivation. Adult Beginners are a very special group!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LVIII

My C3 - solace. And joy.
AB Forum Recital #2488182 12/06/15 02:49 PM
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by piano_primo_1
01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Grave excellent recording and playing, dramatic and rich bass sound through it, never heard the piece though
I tried my hands at Rach and I definitely more time … a lot …. Your’s well played. .

Thanks primo! Yes Rach can be treacherous hard. This one may sound not so hard but actually is a level 11 piece.

Originally Posted by ElaineAllegro
01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Grave
So powerful and nuanced, beautifully and inspiringly played! Your Grotrian-Steinweg was the perfect partner for this. Thank you also for the helpful intro.

Elaine thanks for your nice comments smile

Originally Posted by Andy Platt
01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Grave The opening rolls and crashing chords hooked me from the first. Wonderful, and a perfect match to your piano. The mood you convey is perfect, the phrasing and voicing excellent. Fabulous opening to the recital!

Thanks Andy, yes the opening is captivating. Nice to hear that it works out

Originally Posted by casinitaly
01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Grave Thanks, as always for the background information. What a wonderful mysterious beginning! You did a lovely job on those mood-setting first bars. I think this must have been challenging to play - but also extremely rewarding. It is so rich, with both great volume and sweet subtlties. The skills you have developed with all your hard work over the past six years are really shining brightly in this performance. My hat is off to you!

Thank you! Yes each section has its own challenges. And indeed it's such a wonderful mix that you can keep working on it.

Originally Posted by TX-Bluebonnet
01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Grave I wasn't sure what to make of this piece at first, with its gloomy start, but then before I realized it I'd been sucked in and was listening intently to every note.

Thanks, good to hear that you got past these first notes. Yes thse chords are gloomy but at the same time so great. And the relatively slow pace gives them a chance to develop much better than in his faster work.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
AB Forum Recital #2488187 12/06/15 02:53 PM
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by never2old
01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Very accomplished playing. Your years of study shine through! Excellent.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Sam S
01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Grave I've never heard this. I suppose when you are a famous composer, people dig through your discarded pieces and publish them after you are dead! Great playing!

Thank Sam! Yes if you're famous, people will turn over every stone you left behind... I don't understand why people want to be famous. Rach must have a reason not to publish it , but I'm glad that this piece was published after all.

Originally Posted by MarieJ
01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Grave A great opening piece, beautifully played on a wonderful piano.

Thank you Marie!

Last edited by wouter79; 12/06/15 04:00 PM.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
ElaineAllegro #2488849 12/08/15 04:22 PM
Thank you everyone for commenting on my piece and thank you for the serious advice which I will add to my playing.

P.S Yes, I do work with a teacher.

-Kenan
Pearl River EU122 48"
I've been playing piano with a teacher
since January '15
Studying under Eunmi Ko of USF as of June '16

My Youtube Channel

My Soundcloud

I also love Astronomy
ElaineAllegro #2488886 12/08/15 07:31 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ElaineAllegro
51. MaryBee - Sonata No. 1 in F Minor, 1st Mvt.[...]Very inspiring! Are you going to work on all three movements?
Thanks, ElaineA. There are actually 4 movements to this sonata, but the last movement doesn't inspire me as much, so I might just forego the fourth. Although it will seem strange to end with a Minuet & Trio.

Mary Bee
Current mantra: Play outside the box.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] XVI-XXXVI
AB Forum Recital #2488971 12/09/15 12:40 AM
E
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
E
Oops, I turned the pages too fast and missed one. I hope we will get to hear some of the other movements - minuet and trio sounds lovely.

AB Forum Recital #2489015 12/09/15 07:05 AM

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
I can't believe I haven't been through all the recital yet! I usually manage to listen to all the delightful submissions within a few days, but life has been rather hectic these past weeks!

I hope to have the pleasure of finishing up over the next few days!

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

AB Forum Recital #2489091 12/09/15 12:04 PM
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
My last few comments - sorry for the delay!
A few from the middle and a few from the end.
I think I have commented on everyone - if I have left anyone out if certainly wasn't intentional!

33. BillM - Blackbird
I love this song, and you perform it beautifully. Love the singing and the piano!

34. Ganddalf - Barcarolle no.1 - Op 26
This is really beautiful, and I think your performance is very delicate and nuanced. Don’t you just hate those pieces which are deceptively difficult though - give me pieces which are *easier* than they appear any day smile

35. jotur-Cathy Turner - The Entertainer
You’ve really made this your own. Just the right tempo in my view too, gives it that great jaunty feel

36. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - The Young Prince and The Young Princess
Is this your own piano arrangement by ear? That’s a big gap in my skill set, hopefully one I will someday find time to work on! Very enjoyable, well done

37. stumbler/Dave - Mr. John Begg's Favourite
This is gorgeous. Lovely melody and super accompaniment

38. Piano_Primo_1 - Menuet 116 and Aria 115
The menuet sounds nice and confident, I enjoyed the harpsichord version too.
The Aria is not so familiar to me, the strings gave it a different feel

39. Newbert - Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry
Great atmosphere, you sound really comfortable with it. Good job!

55. ajames - At the Ballet
Cute piece - really makes me imagine a ballet lesson!

55. briangmoore - Allemande, French Suite #2
I really enjoyed this, it captures the baroque feel really nicely,

56. Moonsh1ne - Preludes Op 28 No 20 and No 4
Very doom and gloom alright, so atmospheric - nice job!

57. Inlanding - Glen - Cold Wind
I like this a lot. It captures the atmosphere really well, there is plenty of interest to hold the attention, and it feels very coherent. Hard to believe it’s improvised! Well done

58. Carlos88 - Jimbo's Lullaby
This doesn’t sound easy to play at all. I’m a bit entertained by the name - it really doesn’t sound like a lullaby (apart from around the 2.20 mark perhaps, love that bit).
You do a great job and bring it together very convincingly, well done

59. Lady_Augustina - Stargazing
Very nice. I play some of Michele McLaughlin’s Christmas arrangements and really like them, but I’m not so familiar with the rest of her work. This is really pleasant to listen to, you play it beautifully.

60. raubucho - The Highlander
This sounds super for 7 months playing! Your trials and tribulations in getting the recording don’t transmit at all, glad you made it!

[Linked Image]
AB Forum Recital #2489470 12/10/15 02:41 PM
G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
39. Newbert - Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry

Exiting jazz chords! I’m no expert of this kind of music, and always impressed by people who can play like you do. Thanks for sharing!

40. ElaineAllegro - Mazurka Opus 24 No 2 in C major

Chopin mazurkas are all great pieces, and you do this one justice. You managed to capture the special mood of it, and I really enjoyed listening to your performance.

41. Snapsh00t3r - Comptine d'un Autre Ete

Sounds like flawless playing to me. I don’t think you played it too mechanically. It sounded pretty flexible and nuanced to me. Veldig bra!

42. never2old John Harrison - Waltz in a minor (posth)

This is another piece I never heard before. Very beautiful music, indeed! I think you play with sensitivity and flexibility and it was very nice to listen to your performance.

43. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Slippin' Around and Sneakin' Round

Very elegant music and very fun to listen to you! You play with great flow and manage to give the right character to the piece. Thanks for sharing!

44. SwissMS/Doris - Sonata in G Major Opus 79, 2nd Movement

You managed the challenge with the legato beautifully. I can hear that you put a lot of effort into this. You made the melody line “sing” beautifully. Nice playing!

45. Smurfette - Prelude in C

No reason to be nervous. You are doing greatly. It is really impressive that you are able to play so well with so little experience. I look forward to hearing more from you.

46. outo - Prelude op 28-7

I didn’t hear any evidence that you were uninspired during this performance. It is a short piece, but still great music. And there is no such thing as a simple piano piece.

47. Valencia - Poetic Tone Pictures Op. 3 Nos 1 and 4

I’m almost ashamed to tell you that I never heard these pieces before. For some reason early compositions of Grieg are not often played in Norway, those from the national romantic period being considered to be “essential Grieg”. Therefore it was a great surprise for me to hear these little gems. You play with fine touch and great sensitivity and I’, very glad you picked these pieces for this recital.

AB Forum Recital #2489842 12/11/15 07:55 PM
S
S
Thank you Andy Platt, CarlosCC, Inlanding, Monica K., Raubucho, Never2old, TX_Bluebonnet, Underconstruction, MarieJ, Alexander Borro, Sam S, Piano_primo 1, BillM, Barbaram, SwissMS, Ajames, Gandalf, and Peterws for comments on my first recital (I hope i didn´t miss anyone).

I highly appreciate the input, criticism and kind words. Really inspires me to play, practise, work more on technique and dynamics, and join the next recital too!

Last edited by Snapsh00t3r; 12/11/15 07:56 PM.

Everlasting beginner and piano lover. Own a mistreated 100-year old, a Kawai CN25, Ivory II American Concert D and Akoustik Piano.
Snapsh00t3r #2490131 12/12/15 09:01 PM
N
N
Originally Posted by Snapsh00t3r
Thank you Andy Platt, CarlosCC, Inlanding, Monica K., Raubucho, Never2old, TX_Bluebonnet, Underconstruction, MarieJ, Alexander Borro, Sam S, Piano_primo 1, BillM, Barbaram, SwissMS, Ajames, Gandalf, and Peterws for comments on my first recital (I hope i didn´t miss anyone).

I highly appreciate the input, criticism and kind words. Really inspires me to play, practise, work more on technique and dynamics, and join the next recital too!

EXACTLY what I wanted to say!! (Saves me a bit of typing). Thanks to all the above and any of you that I've missed. I've read and taken notice of what everyone has said and am already working on 'improvements'. This (my first recital) has been particularly good for me as I really have no-one in my family and friends who are truly interested in the piano. Most of them mutter a polite 'very nice' and go back to talking about the football or price of real estate.
Good luck to everyone and I hope perhaps I've been able to give some of you a tiny bit of good advice or encouragement to keep you going.

Semi-retired photographer from Australia enjoying my spare time learning to play piano. Started in 2011...progressing slowly. Would like to correspond and get critiques from others who play. To know more of my journey or listen to me play visit my blog at www.harrisonsphotography.com.au/wp
John H
AB Forum Recital #2490291 12/13/15 02:20 PM
G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
48. Andy Platt - Prelude in E Minor (Opus 11, No 4)

I’m glad you submitted this piece in spite of a piano that was out tune. I can hear that this is a very beautiful piece, and I think your performance is thoughtful and sensitive. Thanks for sharing.

49. Richard (zrtf90) - Notturno, Op. 54 No. 4

I remember your previous performance of this piece, and although I liked it a lot I think you have improved a lot since. You make the melody sing beautifully, and rhythmically it is far better than last time. You are definitely progressing. Keep on!

50. Kanon - Nocturne no. 20 in C-sharp minor

You handle the technical difficulties of this piece very well. Chopin is never easy to play, but you made it an enjoyable performance. Thanks for sharing.

51. MaryBee - Sonata No. 1 in F Minor, 1st Mvt.

Playing this movement is a tough task; but I think you managed really well. You play with lightness and very good tempo while maintaining the energy. And you handle the embellishments quite well. Very good performance!

52. TX-Bluebonnet (Linda) - Malaguena

I remember this tune from my young days, and it was very nice to hear it again. You play with energy and I enjoyed your performance a lot.

53. scorpio - Winter Twilight

This was relaxing music to listen to you, and your performance was very nice. Thanks for sharing!

54. ajames - At the Ballet

I really liked the lightness you gave to this piece. I never heard this music before, but I liked it very much. Good job!

55. briangmoore - Allemande, French Suite #2

I think your piano suited this music very well. And I know exactly how difficult it is, and therefore I think you did a great job. Thanks for sharing!

56. Moonsh1ne - Preludes Op 28 No 20 and No 4

I recognized the first of these preludes, but not the second one. Anyhow very nice music and I think you played both pieces well. Quite impressive after playing the piano just for a couple of years.

57. Inlanding - Glen - Cold Wind

I really think you captured some of your own mood and feelings through your playing. Good improvisations!

58. Carlos88 - Jimbo's Lullaby

Very good performance! This is not an easy piece after all, but you play really beautifully. It was fund and enjoyable to listen to your interpretation.

59. Lady_Augustina - Stargazing

It was pleasant and relaxing to listen to this piece. Being an amateur astronomer I can really relate to this music. You play with nice flow and expression. Thanks for sharing!

60. raubucho - The Highlander

I didn’t hear any evidence of technical problems in your performance. You handled the music well, and I think it was an enjoyable piece to listen to.

AB Forum Recital #2492621 12/21/15 03:26 PM
V
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
V
Thanks again to everyone for listening to my pieces and to Monica K, Alexander Borro, Andy Platt, ElaineAllegro, and Ganddalf for your encouraging comments.

Monica K you asked how long I’ve been playing. Well I played as a kid for about 8 years and then I’ve been back to piano again for about 5 years after several decades break.

Ganddalf I was very curious if you knew these lovely Grieg pieces as there were few recordings of them on youtube. I’m happy to have introduced you to them. smile

AB Forum Recital #2493029 12/22/15 09:42 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thank you Albunea, Andy Platt, Ganddalf. I really appreciate the feedback and comments! smile

Linda

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Casio Privia PX-850 (home), Yamaha Upright (lessons)
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Where Did The Buttons Go?!
----------------------
Our April 2020 Newsletter Available Online Now...
The Piano World During the Pandemic!
----------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fingering advice. Beethoven op 26
by albydooby - 07/15/20 08:09 AM
Peter Martin plays Stevie Wonder
by Simon_b - 07/15/20 07:34 AM
Scarlatti Themed Recital ready for listening!
by Sam S - 07/15/20 07:08 AM
Scarlatti Recital ready for listening!
by Sam S - 07/15/20 07:07 AM
30 days until Recital #59!
by Sam S - 07/15/20 07:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics200,269
Posts2,980,873
Members97,771
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission