2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.9 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Petrof Pianos
Petrof Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Karsten Collection
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Who's Online Now
64 members (albydooby, CyberGene, Chewbacca, cfhosford, Charles Cohen, AjinoRegret, Craig Hair, 14 invisible), 487 guests, and 228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Re: Recital 40 --- General Discussion Room
AB Forum Recital #2486025 11/30/15 12:08 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
55. briangmoore - Allemande, French Suite #2
I was listening your past recital submission and you did, for such, an amazing progress in just 3 months. You're playing with more confidence now, with less "fear", and going along the entire piece knowing what you're doing. Errors? Don't worry, it's just a signal to show where we have to improve. And, I can tell you're improving in this journey. Congratulations! thumb

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
AB Forum Recital #2486027 11/30/15 12:13 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
21. JustinDAggie - Philosophy
Folds is new for me, so thank you for bringing this to us. You piece is quite interesting and you did an amazing job playing this - far from easy - fast(!) tune. Welcome to PW recitals, and congratulations.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
AB Forum Recital #2486028 11/30/15 12:18 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
16. Khopin - Chopin - Andante Spianato
Wow... this is just amazing. A pro job IMO. Love it, thank you. Welcome to PW recitals, and congratulations.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
AB Forum Recital #2486030 11/30/15 12:27 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
30. MeganR - Angelfish
MeganR, what I noticed here was lots of confidence and good control of the rhythm, so keep the good work! Welcome to PW recitals, and congratulations.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
AB Forum Recital #2486053 11/30/15 01:44 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
32. Michiyo-Fir (Jade) - Nocturne in Eb Major Op. 9 No. 2
I'm sorry, but I don't have knowledge to criticize this piece... I only can say something about what I'm hearing, and that is: Amazing! Good good good. thumb Welcome to PW recitals, and congratulations.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
AB Forum Recital #2486054 11/30/15 01:47 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
42. never2old John Harrison - Waltz in a minor (posth)
I think there isn't any "easy" piece of Chopin smile Good for you, who had the skills to play this so well. Beautiful! Welcome to PW recitals, and congratulations.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
AB Forum Recital #2486056 11/30/15 01:52 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
45. Smurfette - Prelude in C
Only 9 weeks? Wow, that's really amazing! Looking forward to listen your next piece, and I really hope you're felling better now! Welcome to PW recitals, and congratulations.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
AB Forum Recital #2486060 11/30/15 01:58 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
41. Snapsh00t3r - Comptine d'un Autre Ete
This is so so good... You manage to play this with the right feeling. This is the kind of piece where the audience can turn easily hypnotized with the images that flow in the mind. A strange mix between "hope" and "drama". What a great start you had with your first participation here. Thank you, and welcome to ABF recitals!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
AB Forum Recital #2486066 11/30/15 02:11 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
17. Zoot64 - Allegro First movement from Sonatina in C, Op. 36 No.1
The first time I paid attention to Clementi was here, at this recitals (link: Clementi ABF Recitals records). So, I'm a true newbie about this composer. Nevertheless, I think you did a very good job. Good dynamics, good tempo - the pauses are just right! -. You know what you are doing and I like that! Welcome to PW recitals, and congratulations. thumb

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
AB Forum Recital #2486071 11/30/15 02:18 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
50. Kanon(?) - Nocturne no. 20 in C-sharp minor
First impression goes to the fact that you're playing piano for only one year(!). And then that you're working on this for (only) two months(!). Can't say too much. Welcome to PW recitals.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
CarlosCC #2486131 11/30/15 05:10 PM
B
B
Carlos thanks for the comment (and to all others who commented!). I loved your submission and just now was looking at your YouTube video playing at the Carvoeiro hotel, Algarve. That is a wonderful setting to be playing such a nice piece! I loved it.

Btw I had no idea about this part of Portugal at all before! It looks so lovely I hope I can visit someday.

AB Forum Recital #2486244 11/30/15 09:15 PM
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
3. earlofmar – Largo A very solemn feel to it – like a procession in church. Nicely played.

8. AZ_Astro – Just a Day Away Another composer with great/interesting pieces for beginning/intermediate players. This was a lovely rendition.

12. Riddler (Ed) – Come Sunday This swings nicely, and it does have a hymn sound in parts. You are quite accomplished.

24. Greener/Jeff – Ab Waltz This was made for the phrase “tripping along” – it’s got a nice little kind of jazzy rhythm to it.

26. Copper – Yesterday Very contemplative. You have a good feel for this style.

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
AB Forum Recital #2486272 11/30/15 10:57 PM
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
39. Newbert – Guess I’ll Hang My Tears Out to Dry Classic for this style. Well done.

44. SwissMS – Sonata Played with the care and sensitivity I’ve come to expect from you. I’ve loved hearing your journey.

46. outo – Prelude I didn’t know I’d recognize this. Seems to me like you’ve got a great start, and there’s some feeling in it even tho you say you were pretty much just playing the notes. I’m looking forward to hearing more.

Cathy
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
AB Forum Recital #2486279 11/30/15 11:17 PM
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Slow this time around - the following fellow ABF Submitters are overdue for my most wholehearted thanks: TX-Bluebonnet, newbert; Sam and raubucho, I didn’t really expect to convert you immediately, but who knows eventually? wink never2old, you could say that I DO have a teacher in a way - Einaudi’s music is a constant guide, almost like having him sitting beside me (and shaking his head in despair most of the time).

Carlos, I was just blown away by your generous comments - so special, coming from you. I’m going to print them out and keep them handy near my piano, where I can revisit them when I feel (as I so often do) that I’m not making ANY progress! smile

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LVIII

My C3 - solace. And joy.
AB Forum Recital #2486338 12/01/15 04:30 AM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
briangmoore, thanks for visiting my Youtube channel. I don't use to do videos too often, but my wife can't resist pressing the "rec" button when I'm playing smile Anyway, Algarve is a well known place at south of Portugal, with lovely beaches and plenty of Sun. You should visit it: Algarve: Europe's most famous secret.

MarieJ, thank you. Actually I have a print of the comments of my very first participation in ABF recitals right above my piano. It works! smile Feel free to contact me anytime if you need some kind of support.

And thank you so much to those who had the kindness to write a review on my piece:
Ganddalf, Peyton, Jotur, zrtf90, BillM, Monica K., SwissMS, barbaram, Sam S, piano_primo_1, Casinitaly, Andy Platt, Michiyo-Fir, never2old, MarieJ, briangmoore,UnderConstruction, ajames, Medden, TX-Bluebonnet, raubucho, and Peterws.
Thank you thumb

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
AB Forum Recital #2486383 12/01/15 07:25 AM
Can I say a huge thanks to Albunea,peterws, ajames,SwissMS, barbaram ,piano_primo_1,Sam S,BillM,Riddler, MarieJ,UnderConstruction, TX-Bluebonnet, never2old, newbert, Pollux, ElaineAllegro, raubucho, Monica K.,CarlosCC. I appreciate the time you took to comment and I am very encouraged by your compliments.

I am too much of a newbie to be able to make comments on individual submissions. However I have listened to the recital many times and I am delighted by all the different styles and awesome talent here in this forum. As a beginner it is very exciting and gives me hope that in a few years I can play half as well.

♥♪ ♥ ♫ I really shouldn't borrow tomorrow's troubles, but I like to plan ahead. ♥♪ ♥ ♫

[Linked Image]XL

Kawai CA 97
AB Forum Recital #2486651 12/01/15 08:42 PM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
37. Stumbler- Dave, I really enjoyed listening to this delightful piece. Such a west, happy piece and you played it wonderfully.

39. Newbert- well, you really make me want to go and listen to Ronstadt sing this. what a great piece and you play it with true feeling. Well done.

AB Forum Recital #2486653 12/01/15 08:51 PM
G

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member
G
2. UnderConstruction - Impromptu Op 90 no 3
I like this. Nice work with it. Got a little muddy in a short section. Otherwise sounding pretty great. I only have one thing from this composer but know I want more. Thanks

3. earlofmar - Largo in Eb Major
Great sound. Chopin often is and there are no detractors in this performance. A suggestion if I were playing it would be slightly less pedal and lighter attack. I generally think that for about everything though. smile Lovely playing. Good job.

18. dynamobt/Marilyn - Arabesque
I need more from this composer too. Thank you Marilyn. Fine playing. Very nice.

45. Smurfette - Prelude in C
This is a favorite of mine. I've looked at it, know I love it, but have yet to work on it. A nice reminder for me. A good choice and very nicely performed. Very good.

56. Moonsh1ne - Preludes Op 28 No 20 and No 4
I love both of these. I'm generally drawn to sad though. Typically they are often the prettiest. No exception with these. For first I'd suggest a bit slower. These are great chord changes and there is opportunity to embellish more. I'm not sure of the arrangement you have for the 2nd one. It feels like it is starting to swing a bit at the beginning. It should not. Steady pulse. You don't have to be sad yourself, but no dancing. It is a funeral after all. Fine job with both. These are not easy pieces.

----

Sorry to be such a disaster and so late commenting again on this thread. I did have a slight panic to deal with Canada Revenue Agency coming after me. However, got over it reasonably unscathed so I have no other excuse really. I've been lobbying around. I'll try to get better at this.

Thank you again so much my friend Carlos and many others with your gracious comments.

We are a group that I am very happy to be a part of and participate with. There are exceptional and gorgeous works of music carefully chosen for these recitals. It is ear opening to me, as much of it I've never encountered before. I'm glad to hear it from you first. Congratulations everyone for another fine recital and happy 40th.

Last edited by Greener; 12/01/15 09:49 PM.
AB Forum Recital #2486695 12/01/15 11:31 PM
A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
31. Alexander Borro - Canzone Popolare (Ludovico Einaudi) Intriguing sound with the soft pedal and piano selection; works very well. This is a beautiful miniature that you play extremely well, I love the dynamics, the phrasing and the balance between the hands. Great!

32. Michiyo-Fir (Jade) - Nocturne in Eb Major Op. 9 No. 2 Perhaps my favorite Chopin Nocturne (or just the one I've also performed!). You give a wonderful free performance that allows the right hand to float with a nice accompaniment. There is a beautiful dynamic range coupled with well thought out rubato. Your ornamentation was well done too. Wonderful!

33. BillM - Blackbird I love this Beatles song, and you do it complete justice. I love the piano work around the understated but powerful vocals. Fantastic!

34. Ganddalf - Barcarolle no.1 - Op 26 Like before it surprises me when I find out it's Faure. Anyway, wonderful. You hide the complexities within the music very well, I cannot hear the problems of melody passing, it's phrased beautifully. There's a great control and fluditity to it. Great!

35. jotur-Cathy Turner - The Entertainer Why would it need to be faster anyway? I think it's a pretty much perfect tempo, nicely controlled, with some variety to keep the interest. Great playing of the octaves too! Loved it!

36. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - The Young Prince and The Young Princess A tricky piece to bring off on the piano, since it's so orchestral in it's basis. But you do a really nice job of keeping the melody flowing well, with lovely runs and flourishes that add a very (appropriately) romantic flare. Very nice!

37. stumbler/Dave - Mr. John Begg's Favourite A lovely tune, you phrase it very well with a great balance in the accompaniment. The dynamic range, though limited, is used very effectively. Lovely!

38. Piano_Primo_1 - Menuet 116 and Aria 115 Personally I'm not sure of the point of a "harpsichord" performance on the same instrument as the "piano" version. The feel of a harpsichord is different. Anyway, I actually preferred that version of the menuet, it was a little steadier. But both versions showed a nice balance between the hands. The aria was new for me. On occasion the subject and counter-subject got lost in the synth strings which was a shame but it was very enjoyable all the same.

39. Newbert - Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry I don't know the original song but it's a lovely, fluid, vocal performance. There's a lot of interest with variety of color and feel. Excellent!

40. ElaineAllegro - Mazurka Opus 24 No 2 in C major It's been a week of listening to Mazurkas for me but this is a welcome change from the G minor one! You capture that slightly strange essence of the piece very well, the rhythm is well handled. Perhaps a teeny bit more of a dynamic range? You bring out the different sections though very nicely. Excellent mazurka!

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
AB Forum Recital #2486700 12/01/15 11:50 PM
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
48. Andy Platt – Prelude I like the quietness of this, and you had nice expression within that quietness. Well done.

51. MaryBee – Sonata I get the Looney Tunes! Wow, good for you for keeping this moving right along! I was out breath just listening laugh It didn’t sound at all easy to me.

52. TX-Bluebonnet – Malaguena A friend of mine did this at a gig I set up one time. You did a great job.

57. Inlanding – Glen – Cold Wind This sure reflects this last weekend, too. Brrr. I was up in Fort Collins, and coming back I was *real* glad I wasn’t going to the Broncos’ game. I liked this. Atmospheric – literally, eh?

4. MarieJ – Passaggio Lovely. You’re becoming accomplished at Einaudi as so many here are. Good for you.

38. Piano_Primo_1 – Menuet I love this piece. I’ve played it, long ago in my teens, and intermittently ever since. You had a nice rolling feel to it. Perfect for this evening after a long day.

Cathy
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Where Did The Buttons Go?!
----------------------
Our April 2020 Newsletter Available Online Now...
The Piano World During the Pandemic!
----------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fingering advice. Beethoven op 26
by albydooby - 07/15/20 08:09 AM
Peter Martin plays Stevie Wonder
by Simon_b - 07/15/20 07:34 AM
Scarlatti Themed Recital ready for listening!
by Sam S - 07/15/20 07:08 AM
Scarlatti Recital ready for listening!
by Sam S - 07/15/20 07:07 AM
30 days until Recital #59!
by Sam S - 07/15/20 07:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics200,269
Posts2,980,873
Members97,771
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission