2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.9 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Petrof Pianos
Petrof Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Karsten Collection
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Who's Online Now
45 members (Beowulf, akc42, ando, Bett, Alex_G, Alex C, AZNpiano, apianostudent, 10 invisible), 371 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Re: Recital 40 --- General Discussion Room
Monica K. #2482429 11/19/15 01:47 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Monica K.

15. BrianDX - Song Of Kilimanjaro: Glad you had this on hand so you wouldn’t have to miss the recital! I liked the contrast between the call of the deep authoritative chords and the delicate arpeggios in the response.

Thanks so much Monica K and the other nice folks that have commented on my piece so far. I read each one and appreciate them all!

As luck would have it, I've just recorded a few new pieces (first ones in 4 months) at the end of my current lesson books, so perhaps I'll be at the next recital as well.

P.S. I have made it through about 10 of the performances so far, and I'm amazed as usual as to the quality and diversity of the pieces presented. About 90% of these pieces are currently beyond my abilities, but listening to them gives me some hope for the future.

Yamaha C2X | Yamaha M500-F
Groucho Marx: "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Curriculum: Faber Developing Artist (Book 3)
Current: German Dance in D Major (Haydn) (OF); Melody (Schumann) (OF)
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
BrianDX #2482474 11/19/15 04:44 PM
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
14 Piangrinw Ellen

This sounds real good on your Schimmel. What a clear tone. And, well, your playing had a lot to do with it. Very evocative and bluesy, a treat.

13 Monika K

I never played on a grand that`s in tune. Ever! Yours sounds wonderful, the music`s peaceful and sounds like "Blue Moon in places . . .Nice separation of the accompaniment from the more predominant melody. Lovely.

123 Ed Riddler

Fancy being at that concert, all those years ago! Not surprising the original symphony didn`t go down too well. You put a lot into this, some great dark chords underpin the bluesy feel Powerful mix!

11 Sam S

Harpsichord sounded great, coukd here the pluckers. As you do . . .the contrast between harpsichord and piano was a good one, the piano being a natural development of the former. Nice work on this Ave Maria piece.

10 Peyton

I`m hacking away at this bit by bit. Its the only Gnosserie I find palatable; these are tricky little beasts which grow on you Depressing but strangely evocative stuff which you rendered appropriately. You inject a lot o` power around 1.45 which sounds good, the way to go I think. Leaves too, fit in well.

9 Pavel K

I find Chopin depressing, but a lot is very moving; your playing fitted in with this ethos, and the piano was certainly up for it! Lovely work.

8 AZ Astro

This was completely different; loved it. All the momentum of a boat chugging down the canal, wi the water lapping against the hull, or floating through the air. (not the boat) Beautiful simplicity, worth investigating further. Thx for the link!

Nearly done!! Off I go. The Piano awaits, in a stony silence. I`m late . . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
AB Forum Recital #2482475 11/19/15 04:56 PM
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by ajames
01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Grave Such drama! You really bring out the three parts- drama, then pensive, then more extrovert ending. Very enjoyable- thanks!

James, thanks for the nice comment!

Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Grave
Dynamics contrast is fantastic, really adds to the dramatic nature of this piece. Pleasure to listen to.

Thanks! Yes Rachmaninoff's music lends itself to great dynamics, he varies between wide chords with low bass support to high, sparse chords.

Originally Posted by barbaram
Fantastic opening to the recital, I was really impressed by this.

Always nice to hear that people like it!

Originally Posted by Albunea
"funded with Kick Starter" badge
For starting Grand and setting the atmosphere for the Recital

Thanks for the green badge! Just to be clear, my performance was funded by nothing but my own resources wink

Originally Posted by Medden
01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Grave This was a new side of Rachmaninov for me. It reminded me of Mussorgsky's 'Pictures at an Exhibition'. Great idea to compose music on a visual theme. The middle section was by far my favourite. The discordant parts where not as jarring and abrupt as some of Rach's stuff. I though your ending was really good.

That never occured to me, but yes indeed Mussorgsky's pictures has similarities (BTW there is a great organ transcription of Mussorgsky's pictures, IMHO better than the original). Thanks also for your best-likes!

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
AB Forum Recital #2482480 11/19/15 05:08 PM
P
P
ajames, UnderConstruction, barbaram, BillM, PianogrlNW, Medden, Michiyo-Fir, SwissMS, Riddler, Ganddalf, Monica K., peterws, ..., huge thanks to you for all your comments. You are amazing. Your feedback brings satisfaction for that hard work on recording :-)

AB Forum Recital #2482484 11/19/15 05:25 PM
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by Michiyo-Fir
Very expressive and great control of the piece. Wonderfully dark in the beginning, great outline of melody as well. Also absolutely beautifully sounding instrument and amazing recording. It's quality is good enough to be on ClassicFM!

Michiyo-Fir thanks for your nice remarks on all these aspects of my attempt at this piece smile Great to hear that it sounded great. You make it sound like I'm playing at pro level blush Also great to hear you like the sound of the recording, as this is just a very nice sounding studio piano, not a concert grand. But I did spend time and money on getting it all as good as I can and apparently it pays off smile

Originally Posted by SwissMS
01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 – Grave This is a wonderful beginning to this recital. You put a lot of drama in these pieces. Wonderfully played.

Thanks SwissMS!

Originally Posted by Ganddalf

I never heard this piece before, but can hear that it is a composition with incredible musical depth. I’m impressed by your performance of this piece. It must have taken a lot of time and effort to accomplish what you did with this.

Ganddalf, yes it's great music. That makes me wonder why Rachmaninoff pulled it out of the set. I worked on this for about half a year. Many voices going on, your hands are jumping over the keyboard all the time, trying to bring out that one melody note and binding it to the previous one, amidst of huge chords, all that while it has to sound so easy. So the usual issues wink

Originally Posted by Monica K.
01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Grave: Impressive technical performance, as usual!

Thanks! You mean with technical that I'm playing difficult music? I hope it does not sound like "technical" in your ears?

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
AB Forum Recital #2482488 11/19/15 05:42 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
This is a great recital!
I regret so much not being part of it... but I could't make it for several reasons. frown

I listened to all the performances, and it's a beautiful mix of genres and skill levels. A great community, we have here smile
Thank you very much for sharing your music!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
AB Forum Recital #2482524 11/19/15 07:15 PM

Gold Supporter until July 22 2015
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
UnderConstruction, ajames, Medden, Alexander Borro, Michiyo-Fir, SwissMS, and peterws, thank you so much for all your thoughtful comments. smile

AB Forum Recital #2482553 11/19/15 10:05 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Great music, pleasure to listen , as I've said before I can’t give technical feedback because I am not that well versed in theory - but I leave a comment of how emotive or how a song may affect me..
Thanks to anyone who commented on my submission..and I’ll just keep pushin’ along.

01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Grave excellent recording and playing, dramatic and rich bass sound through it, never heard the piece though
I tried my hands at Rach and I definitely more time … a lot …. Your’s well played. .

02. UnderConstruction - Impromptu Op 90 no 3 played delicately nice descending runs/rolls, the dedicated practice sessions and the nuances of the piece, made it enjoyable.

03. earlofmar - Largo in Eb Major wow impressive… nice trills , and dynamics.

04. MarieJ - Passaggio well played and recorded well.

05. PikaPianist - Prelude in B major, Op.11 No.11 quite a piece to learn well played and the recording was super.

06. johan d - Menuet in G minor, BWV Anh.115 -nice even tempo and flow, and dynamics, maybe a gradual increase in tempo to bring out the oomph of the piece. Good recording .

07. CarlosCC - La nascita delle cose segrete what a lovely song -sound and piece, although I never heard it before, I did feel moved- by your playing and dynamics.
How do you get it to sound like a professional recording? -(Rhetorical question)
Unless you want to answer
08. AZ_Astro - Just a Day Away super playing dynamics and recording enjoyed the listen .

09. Pavel.K - Prelude in B Minor, Op. 28 No. 6 - Lento assai dramatic and well played- nice listen .

10. Peyton - Gnossienne #3 exceelent piano sound - nice ly played and emotive.

11. Sam S - Prelude I from WTC I yay!! I like the harpsichord, cool sound and playing… wonder what they did back in the day listeniong to the harpsichord in a hall?
Enjoyable listen.

12. Riddler (Ed) - Come Sunday I srt of love this kind of jazz sound -playing. Thanks well done and great recording .
AND that’s amaizing you were there to hear the performance by Mahalia Jackson (the Gospel
singer) at the Newport Jazz Festival in 1958.- and too you played the same .

13. Monica K. - Home The dynamics were excellent and moving as your playing seemed so reflexive and emotive , enjoyable listen .

14. Pianogrlnw (Ellen) - Bluette jazzy style? Never heard this but enjoyed the playing and well-done recording.

15. BrianDX - Song Of Kilimanjaro nice playing controlled and enjoyable to listen

16. Khopin - Chopin - Andante Spianato very well played beautiful cascading phrases and emotive. Great dynamics.

17. Zoot64 - Allegro First movement from Sonatina in C, Op. 36 No.1 baroque? Well played and enjoyed the listen , thanks . Good Recording

18. dynamobt/Marilyn - Arabesque so well played and excellent recording .

19. peterws (peter) - Platform Level - Wat Out! beautifully moving and well played… nice delicate touch- in parts , and sound to it all….contemplative piece. Super recording.

20. barbaram - Dream a Little Dream well played nice listen ,,, did the “mamas and pad papas do this too”..???
I think it was cool piece to choose.

21. JustinDAggie - Philosophy awesome , tempo amd laying sort of sort of overtook the d string sound …Good recording too.

22. lyricmudra - Minuet in G Minor from the Keyboard Suite No. 1 in B-Flat Major, HWV 434 great legato to the sound and reverb .. beautiful piece and played well dynamics. I noticed the delicate trills and enjoyed the listen

23. 8 Octaves - Sonata in G Major, 2nd Mvmt: Romance nice listen …was there a reason for no sus pedal?… Anyway sounded great….

24. Greener/Jeff - Ab Waltz nice listen well played .

25. sinophilia - Invention no. 1 in C major so exact and pleasing to the ear . good recording .

26. Copper - Yesterday great sound there, and used to be a favorite of mine ….

27. Medden (Simon) - I Giorni Excellent playing …. And Listening experience…

28. Sand Tiger - Somewhere Over the Rainbow well brings back memories…nice listen well done.

29. Pollux - Piggies well played , really sounds good and sophisticated ….… until you know the words , ..I think ?…..

30. MeganR - Angelfish[/b nicie reverb , well played… sorta reminds me of a tv show theme not sure which one.

[b]31. Alexander Borro - Canzone Popolare (Ludovico Einaudi)
contemplative and effective reverb, bass. Dramatic crescendo at end . Nice listen

32. Michiyo-Fir (Jade) - Nocturne in Eb Major Op. 9 No. 2 actually it sounded very prfessional played and recorded …….thanks .

33. BillM - Blackbird cool, nicely played and singing love the live sound …. Wish I could….
Maybe “Mother Nature’s Son”….

34. Ganddalf - Barcarolle no.1 - Op 26 well played nice listen…..

35. jotur-Cathy Turner - The Entertainer dam’ nice playing ,,, just like neing in clib or wathcing …”the sting” enjoyed the listen.

36. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - The Young Prince and The Young Princess Never heard it but I liked it …. Well done

37. stumbler/Dave - Mr. John Begg's Favourite cool tune, nice plying and dynamics … thanks

38. Piano_Primo_1 - Menuet 116 and Aria 115
ME… and what I’d say”
gee man you left out measure 24…..and it’s a D sharp… it’s ok- I understand!!!!
Loved the string piece…..

39. Newbert - Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry beautifully played.. impressive. I like this style - jazz…..- Lounge piano

40. ElaineAllegro - Mazurka Opus 24 No 2 in C major nice listen well played…

41. Snapsh00t3r - Comptine d'un Autre Ete quite a moving piece and well done… recording was very good .

42. never2old John Harrison - Waltz in a minor (posth) nice listen ,,, enjoyed the playing. Definite “classic” dark brooding tune , like being in an old mansion and hearing it in memory .. soething …. - the piece is Well played Thanks

43. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Slippin' Around and Sneakin' Round nice beat nice definite two voices evident…. Good play .

44. SwissMS/Doris - Sonata in G Major Opus 79, 2nd Movement I love it too, sort of reminds me of Greensleeves in the beginning ,well played and nice recording . Off to Britian I go ….(joke)

45. Smurfette - Prelude in C how well played and even tempo’d,,, quite pleasant and exact.. Thanks

46. outo - Prelude op 28-7 well played enjoyable listen , seemed maybe a touch slow, but quite enjoyable .

47. Valencia - Poetic Tone Pictures Op. 3 Nos 1 and 4 moving piece and elicate well played passages… Thanks ..

48. Andy Platt - Prelude in E Minor (Opus 11, No 4) I actually/weirdly like the aura /ambience of a piano slightly out of tune… just slight.
I didn’t notice much here, but I liked the piece as it was emotive played The pause was noticed though , …it takes time but I enjoyed the music and playing .

49. Richard (zrtf90) - Notturno, Op. 54 No. 4 a true listening experience- that evokes reverie… almost like wind with hidden chiming from far off- and rain that’s climactic in dark sky -but I liked the playing- excellent…nice definite trills .

50. K�©nan - Nocturne no. 20 in C-sharp minor Quite impressive- and emotive,, exact and even , ,great recording also .

51. MaryBee - Sonata No. 1 in F Minor, 1st Mvt. Well played and good
recording . you did the difficult passages very well .

52. TX-Bluebonnet (Linda) - Malaguena enjoyed the listen and playing ,very well done …

53. scorpio - Winter Twilight moving bass well played and emotive… thanks for the music .

54. ajames - At the Ballet enjoyed the liten well played and recorded .

55. briangmoore - Allemande, French Suite #2 well done and as you said the time factor a difference in getting to the point oyu want . Good recording.

56. Moonsh1ne - Preludes Op 28 No 20 and No 4 nicely done, well played … dramaatic forte….good recording -the piano sounds super… BTW ,,, you didn’t mention what it was ….the piano

57. Inlanding - Glen - Cold Wind well played ,,, brings out the cold wind feeling …nice dynamics and true piano sound … thanks .

58. Carlos88 - Jimbo's Lullaby well played and good recording this debussy piece seems like al a little jazz impromptu… thanks .

59. Lady_Augustina - Stargazing nice and delicate ,,,enjoyed the listen emotive ,, similar to Enauldi comps . …..well played… thanks

60. raubucho - The Highlander really well played similar to a menuet…
nice recording and listen .. thanks

AB Forum Recital #2482575 11/19/15 11:28 PM
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
60. raubucho - The Highlander Well, Ralph, despite the fact you were frustrated with getting the recording done and the piece submitted, it turned out quite well. Thank you for your music and I look forward to the next one!

35. jotur-Cathy Turner - The Entertainer Cathy, this is your best yet! No doubt you were smiling when you played - it shows in the recording somehow. I love that you played it slowly and thoughtfully. It’s often played too quickly and it loses the charm you give it.

24. Greener/Jeff - Ab Waltz This piece has those turns which are not easy to play while keeping the pulse. You did a great job, Jeff.

25. sinophilia - Invention no. 1 in C major Congratulations on achieving one of your 2015 goals with this piece of music! You played really well and I look forward to more Bach Inventions from you!

22. lyricmudra - Minuet in G Minor from the Keyboard Suite No. 1 in B-Flat Major, HWV 434 As is always the case, I so very much enjoy watching your hands. They are so telegenic and the music you emote is compelling. It’s obvious you are connecting with the music and the piano and the sensitivity you bring to the fore is quite compelling. Thank you for your music!

20. barbaram - Dream a Little Dream This was a very entertaining treat, Barbara. You kept the tempo and started to swing the melody.

19. peterws (peter) - Platform Level - Wat Out! Wow, Peter. I so very much enjoyed your on the fly, top of your head, improvisation. I am curious what what your motivation for the thoughtful and open sounding music? It was very beautiful.

12. Riddler (Ed) - Come Sunday Ed, this is a very rich sounding arrangement you created. Had you not played this tune, I’d still be trying to figure out this tune as I recorded it, but did not note the title. I always enjoy your playing and this was fantastic.

11. Sam S - Prelude I from WTC I It was great to hear you play this on the harpsichord then the piano. The harpsichord temperament was pretty good and the way you played it gave it some character. I have become accustomed to hearing you play Mendelssohn, so this was a real treat.

[Linked Image]
A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member
piano_primo #2482583 11/20/15 12:37 AM

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by piano_primo_1
23. 8 Octaves - Sonata in G Major, 2nd Mvmt: Romance nice listen …was there a reason for no sus pedal?… Anyway sounded great…

This question came up a couple of times.... Yes, the use of pedal is discretionary. I've learned to be happy working with the tools I'm given. I know that the moment I think certain aspects of articulation would not be as critical with the help of pedal, my teacher would demand something vastly more demanding as a result of the additional tool. So I gladly embrace the finger twisting and finger sustains, otherwise, the addition of the pedal would put this piece beyond RCM 6 and beyond me.

AB Forum Recital #2482588 11/20/15 01:15 AM
E
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
E
I'm slowly commenting at least on as many classical pieces as possible; wish I had more time to explore every piece in depth. I gave some technical suggestions at past recitals but not sure how useful they were - although it was a great learning experience for me to try to listen so closely and carefully. Think of these as my comments to my seatmate in the front row of the first balcony, or to you in the Green Room backstage, as the applause slowly fades away.

So powerful and nuanced, beautifully and inspiringly played! Your Grotrian-Steinweg was the perfect partner for this. Thank you also for the helpful intro.

02. UnderConstruction - Impromptu Op 90 no 3
I really enjoyed your flowing technique and accomplished playing. The melody stands out clearly against the underlying waves – so many technical achievements in such short time! Very inspiring for me.

03. earlofmar - Largo in Eb Major
Like others, I was totally unaware of this Chopin piece and had to download it after listening to you. I can hear a lot of progress from previous recitals; the beautiful Kawai is/will help you progress even faster.

05. PikaPianist - Prelude in B major, Op.11 No.11
I haven’t listened to much Scriabin, so this is another appreciated introduction. The piece is indeed gorgeous, and gorgeously played. The rolled chords contributed to the overall mood (and give hope to the even smaller handed).

06. johan d - Menuet in G minor, BWV Anh.115
Nice Bach, very cleanly and carefully played.

09. Pavel.K – Prelude in B Minor, Op. 28 No. 6 - Lento assai
I felt this a lovely dreamy performance that just calls for a repeat to continue the mood. Very nice!

10. Peyton - Gnossienne #3
I always enjoy your pieces; this conveyed clearly both the rhythm (thank you for explaining the behind the scenes) and the mood.

11. Sam S - Prelude I from WTC I
Interesting contrast between the two instruments; I prefer each of them for different reason...well, I did rerun the piano version because I felt you added some depth of expression that I don’t always hear in this piece. Very nice accomplishment.

16. Khopin - Chopin - Andante Spianato
I enjoyed your interpretation of this piece – thought you did a nice job of bringing out the inner voices in the chordal section, too. A strong entry in the "ABF Chopin Competition." smile

piano_primo #2482627 11/20/15 05:31 AM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

07. CarlosCC - La nascita delle cose segrete what a lovely song -sound and piece, although I never heard it before, I did feel moved- by your playing and dynamics.
How do you get it to sound like a professional recording? -(Rhetorical question)
Unless you want to answer

Due some family duties I'm late for the party, but I will listen all the pieces this weekend.
Thanks for your comments so far, you are always so kind thumb

Answering to this specific question:
"How do you get it to sound like a professional recording? -(Rhetorical question)"
>> I have a digital piano, so I can plug a cable from my piano (headphones jack) to a WindowsXP computer (inboard sound card - sound IN jack). I save the sound with audicity software. That's it.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
AB Forum Recital #2482672 11/20/15 09:17 AM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
My next set of listening efforts:

37. stumbler/Dave - Mr. John Begg's Favourite very nice - my wife loved it. A refreshing change from the usual recital fare.

38. Piano_Primo_1 - Menuet 116 and Aria 115 Thanks for resubmitting - sounds great.

39. Newbert - Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry I can't remember ever hearing this one - thanks for sharing!

40. ElaineAllegro - Mazurka Opus 24 No 2 in C major Loved the transitions between sections - should be ready for your recitals!

41. Snapsh00t3r - Comptine d'un Autre Ete Mistake-free recordings do not exist, don't you know that? This sounded great to me!

42. never2old John Harrison - Waltz in a minor (posth) Outstanding! Nice to see another old guy like me.

43. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Slippin' Around and Sneakin' Round You're playing with such confidence! What fun!

44. SwissMS/Doris - Sonata in G Major Opus 79, 2nd Movement I can tell you love it! Loved your Bechstein too!

45. Smurfette - Prelude in C This is great! Very good for such little experience.

46. outo - Prelude op 28-7 Very nicely done - a good start!

47. Valencia - Poetic Tone Pictures Op. 3 Nos 1 and 4 I've never heard of these - loved the drama of the first one and the moodiness of the second one.

48. Andy Platt - Prelude in E Minor (Opus 11, No 4) I have to confess I am not a Scriabin fan. But you sold me on this one - very well done - loved the quiet ending.

49. Richard (zrtf90) - Notturno, Op. 54 No. 4 I love this piece! Very elegant playing - you make it sound so easy!

Sam

piano_primo #2482701 11/20/15 11:30 AM
M
M

56. Moonsh1ne - Preludes Op 28 No 20 and No 4 nicely done, well played … dramaatic forte….good recording -the piano sounds super… BTW ,,, you didn’t mention what it was ….the piano

Thanks. The recording was done on my August Forster 190, I think I put it in the description of instrument used.

August Förster 190
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Sam S #2482702 11/20/15 11:32 AM
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member

46. outo - Prelude op 28-7 I like the slow, relaxed sound you give this great little prelude. Nicely done!

47. Valencia - Poetic Tone Pictures Op. 3 Nos 1 and 4 This is a new side of Grieg to me. These are gorgeous pieces, and you do a lovely job with them. I especially like #4, a sort of searching, poignant piece. Well played!

48. Andy Platt - Prelude in E Minor (Opus 11, No 4) This is a great job with only two weeks into the piece. Your interpretation is very serene, with an abiding sadness. I like the way you pace the piece.

49. Richard (zrtf90) - Notturno, Op. 54 No. 4 Clearly you completely own this piece now, and have put your personal stamp on it. I live the ethereal, floating feeling that you give it. Wonderful playing.

50. K�©nan - Nocturne no. 20 in C-sharp minor I love this piece as well, and submitted to the recitals a while back. You have a nice beginning with it. Your interpretation will continue to develop over time. Really nice playing for only a year of experience! This is not an easy piece!

51. MaryBee - Sonata No. 1 in F Minor, 1st Mvt. Beautiful Beethoven! That is certainly a busy piece and you handled it very well. Wonderful playing.

52. TX-Bluebonnet (Linda) - Malaguena What a fun piece! I love the Spanish sounds and the drama. Nicely played.

53. scorpio - Winter Twilight I really like the restrained tempo and the feeling of forward determination. Beautifully played. Great winter slide show too!

54. ajames - At the Ballet Nice use of staccato, legato mix. Good control.

55. briangmoore - Allemande, French Suite #2 Bach is such a finger twister! You handled this challenging piece well. The voices sounded clearly.

56. Moonsh1ne - Preludes Op 28 No 20 and No 4 These two preludes are so fun to play. You bring out the drama in the first one well. Nice shaping of the climax in #4.

57. Inlanding - Glen - Cold Wind I always look forward to your spontaneous improvisations. This matches your description of the weather changing for worse. Beautifully done.

58. Carlos88 - Jimbo's Lullaby This is a hard piece to interpret. I really like what you have done with it. It has a sense of mystery and playfulness. Really nice!

59. Lady_Augustina - Stargazing This is a lovely piece, and I like the way that you move it along through the transitions. Beautifully played.

60. raubucho - The Highlander Wow! It sounds like you went through quite the struggle to get this piece recorded! In the end, you did quiet well, with good rhythm and dynamics. Great job for seven months!

BillM #2482713 11/20/15 12:05 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
44. SwissMS/Doris - Sonata in G Major Opus 79, 2nd Movement Very nicely played – your playing is sublime and your video is crisp – Very Well Done.

45. Smurfette - Prelude in C This is an incredible performance for someone playing such a short time – This piece is played with confidence and is quite musical. I hope you continue to breath so that you can post to the next recital.

47. Valencia - Poetic Tone Pictures Op. 3 Nos 1 and 4 I am not familiar with these pieces but you performed them flawlessly.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
AB Forum Recital #2482808 11/20/15 05:51 PM
A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
It's taken me a while to start listening but, wow, this is probably the best opening 10 of any recital. Fantastic stuff!

01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Grave The opening rolls and crashing chords hooked me from the first. Wonderful, and a perfect match to your piano. The mood you convey is perfect, the phrasing and voicing excellent. Fabulous opening to the recital!

02. UnderConstruction - Impromptu Op 90 no 3 This is probably my favorite of all the Schubert Impromptus. Very well played, you get the tricky part of keeping the melody present over all the thick arpeggios very well. Perhaps the arpeggios could be a teeny bit quieter but there's no way I could do that so take that for what it's worth! You handle the dynamic range very well and the tempo is nicely judged, with great rubato in places. Excellent!

03. earlofmar - Largo in Eb Major This is a tricky "easier" Chopin piece but you bring it off nicely. The chords are nicely shaped and never get out of control, the tremolos are wonderfully done. You really make this shine. Chocolate doesn't make lunch though, didn't your mother ever teach you that!

04. MarieJ - Passaggio Nicely done, you keep the simplicity very much in mind, but shape the melody well. Excellently controlled.

05. PikaPianist - Prelude in B major, Op.11 No.11 Rolled chords, who cares. A wonderful prelude played beautifully and I totally agree on Scriabin's harmonies. Really you shape the melody so well, with graceful accompaniment, nothing could sound bad. Just ravishing!

06. johan d - Menuet in G minor, BWV Anh.115 Lovely playing of this menuet, you kept the two voices nicely intertwined but with the melody ever present. Nice use of different touches, and very well controlled. Lovely.

07. CarlosCC - La nascita delle cose segrete I can't remember pieces I learnt last week let alone 5 years ago. Anyway, fluid, well conceived, nicely phrased. It is a really lovely performance.

08. AZ_Astro - Just a Day Away A very nice miniature, wonderfully played. You keep it very well controlled, the quiet dynamics are impressive. Very nice!

09. Pavel.K - Prelude in B Minor, Op. 28 No. 6 - Lento assai One day I'll learn this!! Very nicely done, you keep the repeated notes under control with the melody flowing around it, expressively played. Nice dynamics and great tempo. Excellent.

10. Peyton - Gnossienne #3 I love this Gnossienne too, you played it wonderfully, keeping the sense of strangeness but controlling it so it had direction. Great!

• Debussy - Le Petit Nègre, L. 114
  • Haydn - Sonata in Gm, Hob. XVI/44

Kawai K3
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
AB Forum Recital #2482833 11/20/15 06:48 PM

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
And some more!

01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Grave Thanks, as always for the background information. What a wonderful mysterious beginning! You did a lovely job on those mood-setting first bars. I think this must have been challenging to play - but also extremely rewarding. It is so rich, with both great volume and sweet subtlties. The skills you have developed with all your hard work over the past six years are really shining brightly in this performance. My hat is off to you!

13. Monica K. - Home I always like watching your videos- you look so very relaxed when you play. This was a tasty piece - I enjoyed the differences in the sections, the grand opening, the lighter, cheeerful middle section, lovely calm ending. - A very soothing and comforting piece, most appropriately named! Well done!

16. Khopin - Chopin - Andante Spianato I can see why you say this is a challenging piece! Only the right hand is "andante", and not even all the time! I don't think I've ever heard this piece, but I really enjoyed it. You did a commendable job on the left hand work and some especially nice work on the delicate trills. I liked the "waterfall, rippling" effect of cascading notes - Charming performance!

18. dynamobt/Marilyn - Arabesque Congratulations on getting back after your surgery! This sounds like it would be a significant challenge at the best of times. I like the way this piece sings, the way you make it sing. It is full of drama, pathos. I read that this was written during the time he was in Vienna,far from Clara, and feeling that their relationship had no future. The music speaks loudly of sorrow and indignation I think. Wonderful and most enjoyable performance.

26. Copper - Yesterday Excellent playing Cooper - you really caught the wistful nature of this favourite. I think this is your best performance since I've been listening to the recitals, you have a fluidity and smoothness that is mellow and very much incontrol. I really enjoyed listening!

44. SwissMS/Doris - Sonata in G Major Opus 79, 2nd Movement What an elegant piece - and so very beautifully performed. You are the picture of tranquillity in your video - Every recital I see new elements in your performances - subtlties of sound, mastery of new movements, depths of tone and overall control that just keeps improving. Again - you're an inspiration!

48. Andy Platt - Prelude in E Minor (Opus 11, No 4) I don't believe I've ever heard this before, it certainly isn't familiar. It is a very interesting piece - lots of unusual chords, delicate, mysterious. Fascinating. I enjoyed it.

49. Richard (zrtf90) - Notturno, Op. 54 No. 4 Perhaps I should remember this piece from the themed recital, but.. I don't. That being said, I greatly enjoyed listening to your performance. Loved the trills, and there are parts where I picture fairies flitting about waterfalls, - woodland scenes, sunrises, - it is a very evocative piece, charmingly played. Thank you for the listening pleasure Richard!

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

casinitaly #2482844 11/20/15 07:20 PM
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
7 CarlosCC

Reminds me of the phrasing Kate Bush puts into her stuff. Very good clean sounding work here, wi just the right amount of ambience.

6 johand

Music was in its early days then, the stuff we ust today is clearly rooted in this, imo. Good even now; you were steady as a rock and good to listen to;

5 Pika Pianist

A gorgeous piece. Terrific sound you get from your . . V1 Labs! You make a great job of everything you do. Super stuff.

4 MarieJ

Another Brisbanian! Don't you worry about shortening stuff; some of us do this all the time. We do even worse than that . . You display a fine touch, lass. This sounds cool, as in "Ice Palace" , , ,well done you.

3 earlofmar

Now I know there`s a conspiracy . . .Your piano sounds very evocative and has character. I reckon this is the nicest Chopin I`ve heard; full of old hymn type nuances which do stir the soul . . .

2 Under Construction

Strewth!! What more can I say . . .you can all hold your heads up high. Wonderful stuff from Down Under.
Your rendering of this is spot on; the pathos, the torment, and the consolation is all there. This is bloody hard, man, I know . . frown

1 Wouter

This is a bit good, fella. Really is. But it`s complex. I`ll therefore have to withhold my renowned expert advice, because it`s complex. . . . .!

Wonderful stuff from everyone hear. Thanks to the organisers for this; it brings us all to a good place. Which gets better as time marches on.

Be seein` ya

Last edited by peterws; 11/20/15 07:30 PM.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
AB Forum Recital #2482891 11/20/15 10:23 PM
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R

33. BillM - Blackbird
Nicely done, Bill. Your piano and your voice are sounding great, and I like your arrangement. Cool ending!

35. jotur-Cathy Turner - The Entertainer
Nicely done, sis. Very lively, very bouncy, very much in the ragtime spirit. It is no wonder your gigs go over well!

36. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - The Young Prince and The Young Princess
I've always loved this melody, never heard a piano arrangement of it before. Nicely done!

39. Newbert - Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry
Love that arrangement, Bert, and your playing too. Very nice, full sound.

43. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Slippin' Around and Sneakin' Round
Well done, Cheryl. That has a fun feeling that made me smile, as if it is introducing a P G Wodehouse story.

45. Smurfette - Prelude in C
Beautiful, played with perfection and feeling, I loved it.

Ed

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Where Did The Buttons Go?!
----------------------
Our April 2020 Newsletter Available Online Now...
The Piano World During the Pandemic!
----------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Hammer Drilling Jig
by BDB - 07/10/20 12:15 AM
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-700 Series
by Almaviva - 07/09/20 09:57 PM
Chicago's "Colour My World"
by MacMorrighan - 07/09/20 09:53 PM
Re-envisioning the Piano Recital: An Audiovisual Alternative
by Tyrone Slothrop - 07/09/20 08:18 PM
Avantgrand N3 repair and regulation
by Eric NYC - 07/09/20 07:00 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics200,155
Posts2,978,932
Members97,722
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission