2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
27 members (clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., David B, Fried Chicken, AlkansBookcase, 8 invisible), 1,163 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Try Kawai ES7, because RH2 for me has a better feeling key action, and now ES7 is less money than ES8... Just to clarify, key actions topic is very subjective, but despite that in theory RH3 is a superior key action, to my fingers, RH2 feels better...

A
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Fer De Armas
Try Kawai ES7, because RH2 for me has a better feeling key action, and now ES7 is less money than ES8... Just to clarify, key actions topic is very subjective, but despite that in theory RH3 is a superior key action, to my fingers, RH2 feels better...

If someone doesn't need internal speakers, they can look at the MP7 for RH2 action with better-than-ES7 sounds. And still cheaper than ES8.

N
nsetiap Offline OP
OP Offline
N
FYI, I do need internal speaker and ES7 does have a good speaker sound imo. That said, although statistical number (as shown above) between PX560 and ES8 does show PX560 offer more, but:
a. not sure how good PX560 speaker compare to ES8
b. I tried Roland FP-80 rhythm section and I don't like it, ES7 has much better rhythm imo and so, not sure about PX560 rhythm

That said, these 2, along with action, can't be describe by statistical number. Unfortunately, no music store in my town has PX560 or ES8 on display. I did try CN35 (which uses RH3) and has the same feeling that I like RH2 better.

Last edited by nsetiap; 10/31/15 10:38 PM.
F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Anotherscott, i am totally agree with you, Kawai MP7 would be the best digital piano under $2500 range... Key action is same to ES7 but sound is much better, more expressive and dynamic... Only Roland RD800 maybe come close to the MP7 in key action and sound (subjective)... and MP7 is only surpassed in key action by Kawai MP11 and VPC1...

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
The ES7 sound is the same as the mp7 isn''t it?

F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Hi emenelton, sound is not the same, ES7 uses PHI a old kawai sound technology while MP7 uses the more new HI XL for a more complex, rich, detailed, expressive and dynamic sound, at the end a really amazing sound.

T
T
A little off topic, but you guys that make hundreds of posts, are you guys getting paid?
Just wondering why some of you make all these posts?

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by tnsettlemo
A little off topic, but you guys that make hundreds of posts, are you guys getting paid?

You should be getting a check for $71 ($1 per post) wink

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
This has evolved into ES7 vs. ES8 ....

Well, I have the ES7 and I can tell you that it will take quite a bit to move me off of the ES7. It plays and sounds so good that I have no reason to look for something "better".

And if the OP is a beginner, I would not spend another moment pondering which is "better". The ES7 will be a very nice digital piano for you at a very good price ... in my opinion, of course.

Good Luck

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
E
E
Originally Posted by tnsettlemo

They make all these posts cos they are passionate about stage pianos

It's a worthwhile and interesting hobby - they just have real passion and interest in it

I would like to work in a piano/keyboard shop - when it's quiet I could practise and learn more about all the different models - do any of u guys work in a piano/keyboard shop ?

I never realised how much I liked piano/keyboards cos for most of my life I never even thought of playing one - I only took it up in 2011 but I wish I had learnt about it when I was young cos it takes years to get really good at it

Keep up the passion guys it's actually quite interesting

Kawai K15E
F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Hi Edb123 and thank you for your comment uplifting, really you speak from the heart and you're right, because we love this world of digital pianos, and in my particular i speak from my own experience and my own tastes and i don't need anyone to pay me to do it. Happy day to all the good people of this forum.

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by dmd

Well, I have the ES7 and I can tell you that it will take quite a bit to move me off of the ES7. It plays and sounds so good that I have no reason to look for something "better".

I agree 100% with DMD. Im fortunate to have some nice DPs that I use for different applications, but the ES7 is still my personal favorite. I practice on it everyday. Yes, the ES8 is very intriguing to me, but as DMD says about the ES7 "It plays and sounds so good....."

Might I also add the overall quality of the ES7 has been amazing for what I have put it through over the years and now with over 1,000+ hours on it. I would expect the ES8 to be just as steadfast and pleasurable.

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Hi emenelton, sound is not the same, ES7 uses PHI a old kawai sound technology while MP7 uses the more new HI XL for a more complex, rich, detailed, expressive and dynamic sound, at the end a really amazing sound.

Fer De Amas, thanks for clarifying. Does the ES8 have better sound than the MP7?

F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Hi Marko in the Boston, i have come to appreciate that you have a Kawai ES7, a Roland RD800 and Yamaha CP4, i understand what you just said the Kawai is your favorite, then if you had to choose between the three one, which would you choose only considering its key action?. I clarify that I recognize that all are incredible keyboards, and I do not want to create polemics, please, just talk to us about your taste and preference.

F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
You are welcome emenelton, both keyboards share the same sound engine based on HI XL, with the difference that the ES8 adds two additional samples (Shigeru Kawai EX and Shigeru Kawai SK-5) of the same quality than Kawai EX present in MP7, but they have different nuances that add more variety to the instrument.

F
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Hi dmd, i am totally agree with you that ES7 keys are best under $2500 period... but are you tried other similar choices like Yamaha CP4 and Roland RD800?, how compare ES7 key action with these, in your opinion of course?... Thanks!

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Hi dmd, i am totally agree with you that ES7 keys are best under $2500 period... but are you tried other similar choices like Yamaha CP4 and Roland RD800?, how compare ES7 key action with these, in your opinion of course?... Thanks!

I have not tried the ones you mentioned for the reason I previously alluded to ... I have a sense of being totally satisfied with the ES7.

Prior to the ES7 purchase, I had about 5 different DPs in a 2 year period, frantically searching for the right one.

Thankfully, my focus now is on learning to play without feelings that a "better" piano would make me sound better.

If it doesn't sound good now ... it is on me ... not on the piano. smile

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
N
nsetiap Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by dmd
This has evolved into ES7 vs. ES8 ....

And if the OP is a beginner, I would not spend another moment pondering which is "better". The ES7 will be a very nice digital piano for you at a very good price ... in my opinion, of course.

Good Luck

I totally understand what you saying and 100% agree with you that ES7 is a good instrument, however, keep in mind that you do have ES7 while I don't and therefore, I do have the opportunity to choose and in order to choose, I need to be well informed. That said, I'm here not because I want to have an unending search of the "better" instrument, but to be well informed.

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Hi Marko in the Boston, i have come to appreciate that you have a Kawai ES7, a Roland RD800 and Yamaha CP4, i understand what you just said the Kawai is your favorite, then if you had to choose between the three one, which would you choose only considering its key action?. I clarify that I recognize that all are incredible keyboards, and I do not want to create polemics, please, just talk to us about your taste and preference.

Trying not to get OT but will answer your question. The reason the ES7 is my personal favorite is mostly because of my comfort level and connection with it. I have owned for a few years now and practice on it almost every day for at least an hour+. With all the time spent I know every aspect and characteristics of its capabilities and how it works with my style of playing. It's the comfort level of an honest friend sharing all the good and bad. This is why I am most confident using the ES7 in a live "solo" event.

The RD800 is wonderful when Im playing with the band. Amazing sounds with tons of voices and live sets that I can quickly jump into. Great on stage with all the flexibility required to get "that sound" I'm (and/or the band are) looking for. It really helped my playing skills and creativity to the next level.

CP4 is a great stage piano with focus on AP piano and EP piano. I adopted the CP4 for a few months from a friend that took a job overseas and I eventually bought it from him as he no longer needed it in his new situation. I thoroughly enjoy its great CFX and EP sounds. Really fun to play with its responsive action and organic feel. I plan to spend more time with it and hopefully discover all its offerings.

You want to know about action out of the three. Well Im sorry, no definitive answer. All three are very well made with an authentic feel to an acoustic piano. It's been said a thousand times here on the forum; it's all about personal preference. I do not have a particular preference for "action only" out of the three as all three feel fantastic to my fingers. However, the connection to the action and sound seems to be a bit more prevalent in the ES7 for me. Again, it just might be a comfort thing. YMMV.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Good morning chaps,

I'm a little late to this party, but just wanted to say that I've enjoyed reading the discussion. wink

@tnsettlemo, regarding your 'fudged' comment, may I ask if you have play-tested the RHII and RIII keyboard actions side-by-side, or is this conclusion based on the interpretation of one online review? By the way, I love fudge. wink

@ElmerJFudd, may I ask if you prepared that spec comparison table yourself, or was it sourced from another site?

@emenelton, as Fer correctly notes, the ES8 shares the same 'HI-XL' sound specification as the MP7, but also offers the new Shigeru Kawai SK-EX and SK-5 samples that have up until now only been available on the CA97/CA67 instruments.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission