Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
What's Hot!!
PIANO TEACHERS Please read this!
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

Who's Online Now
136 registered members (akc42, 15shoes, amad23, akressevich, Animisha, 2literpeter, 90125, Alexwm, ahinton, 34 invisible), 1,416 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23
Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: Scott Hamlin] #2473951
10/25/15 04:18 PM
10/25/15 04:18 PM
Los Angeles, California
P
PianoManChuck Offline
PianoManChuck  Offline
P

Los Angeles, California
My wife ordered a package from Amazon which was "same day delivery". Bizarre to order something Sunday early afternoon and get it around 9pm the same night!

www.PianoManChuck.com
Authorized Reseller of Casio, Dexibell, Kurzweil, Nord ...
PianoManChuck on Youtube
(ad) ROLAND

Click Here

Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: Giancarlo Robles] #2474011
10/25/15 10:01 PM
10/25/15 10:01 PM
S
Snail Offline
Snail  Offline
S

Now that Casio is with new models in its top line, do your think a px-6s is coming soon?

Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: Giancarlo Robles] #2474016
10/25/15 10:29 PM
10/25/15 10:29 PM
ElmerJFudd Offline
1000 Post Club Member
ElmerJFudd  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I think we will see the PX-6S or whatever they will call it this January at Winter NAMM. The PX-5S is supposed to be flagship of the Privia line, and despite the PX-560 getting most of the improvements we all want to see on a 6S, in some ways it still is... But one.. The PX-5S does not have the new touch screen GUI that is now offered on their lesser models, and that can't be true for much longer. 560 sales are sure to cut into 5S sales if they don't update.

Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: Giancarlo Robles] #2474098
10/26/15 07:51 AM
10/26/15 07:51 AM
T
tnsettlemo Offline
tnsettlemo  Offline
T

Anybody close to Evansville, Indiana, United States wants to come and check out my 560, let me know, I'll be glad to have you. It's for sale for $925 brand new. $975 with new Strukture double X steel stand.

(ad) SWEETWATER
Sweetwater 1000s of deals on Gear
Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: Giancarlo Robles] #2474223
10/26/15 03:41 PM
10/26/15 03:41 PM
ElmerJFudd Offline
1000 Post Club Member
ElmerJFudd  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Are you a dealer, tnsettlemo?

Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: Elwood] #2474232
10/26/15 04:34 PM
10/26/15 04:34 PM
A
anotherscott Online content
4000 Post Club Member
anotherscott  Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
A

Originally Posted by Elwood
Originally Posted by anotherscott
the PX5S has numerous advantages, but if you're talking specifically about the sound quality for things like brass, stings, woodwinds, guitars, then no, I don't think the PX5S is nearly as good {as the MOXF}. (And with the flash card, there are even more such sounds you can load into the MOXF, based on entirely different samples.)

I don't own the MOXF,so if you say the MOXF is noticeably better in these areas,then I'll take your word for it
I used to have the MOX6 as well...
The only thing I liked about the MOX6,was some of the guitars,drums & FX..that's it.

I don't want to mislead you about the MOXF... sounds are always somewhat subjective. When I was talking about the MOXF having stronger sounds, I was actually talking even about the sounds in the first banks, which are identical to what's in the MOX that you had. So if you didn't like those sounds in the MOX, then don't take me at my word about how good the sounds are in the MOXF, either. ;-)

On one hand, unless you've heard the PX5S, it would still remain an open question as to whether or not you agree that the MOX sounds are better... but OTOH it's kinda moot if you don't care for them regardless.

What's the max sample memory chip for the MOXF?1GB...for $300??No thank you.
At least in the case of the Korg M3,they managed to squeeze some very usable orchestral sounds into a 2GB USB drive that was INCLUDED with the purchase of the keyboard.
I think I had paid just over 2 grand for it,but the boot up time was ridiculous and the OS crashed on me...at which point I was fed up.

Yes, the biggest Yamaha flash board adds 1GB of available sample space (to the stock sample set of 741 mb), though there is a third-party board that will give you 2 GB. But as for the price, yeah, it's pricey, but it's a whole different technology than what Korg did in the M3. If you're going to say, "hey the M3 did it cheaper, though it was dog slow and unreliable" then maybe cheaper isn't better. The Yamaha design is fast. It is a much better design... but yes, more expensive. And it still gives you a lot more sample memory than anything else in its price range, except for the Krome.

As for the Kross,it's mere 112MB of sample memory says it all(as to how much of a toy it is,in terms of sounds.)

It's in the range of what most boards in the sub-$1k price range are.

Hmmm...I went through the manual of the PX-5S 3 times and there is no mention of INSERT EFFECTS.

Different companies sometimes describe things differently. An "insert effect" refers to an effect that can be put on a single sound within a set of split and layered sounds. I'm not positive, but I believe the PX5S has four of these, which is also consistent with the fact that the basic design of the board supports splits/layers of up to four internal sounds (not counting the additional tricks you can do from within hexlayers).

It's a common practice for retailers like GuitarCenter,to fabricate several different tentative dates,as a means to draw in more pre-orders from buyers...

I don't think there's anything nefarious there, I think they all provide their best estimates based on the information they get from the manufacturer. But until something is actually manufactured, shipped, and unloaded in the U.S., it's impossible to know arrival dates for certain, as there are numerous places along the line where delays can occur.

Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: ElmerJFudd] #2474241
10/26/15 05:12 PM
10/26/15 05:12 PM
Toms River
E
Elwood Offline
Elwood  Offline
E

Toms River
Originally Posted by ElmerJFudd
Are you a dealer, tnsettlemo?

He had claimed he wasn't a dealer...but I wonder...who in the heck buys a PX-560 for $899(that's valued at $1199 that's brand new to the market) and then turns around & flips it for a $25 profit!??WTF!?

"If you have good musicians around you,there's nothing to say...if you don't,there's nothing you can say"

-Cab Calloway
Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: Elwood] #2474251
10/26/15 06:00 PM
10/26/15 06:00 PM
T
tnsettlemo Offline
tnsettlemo  Offline
T

It's cash that I can send to Bill Me Later that will pay off a debt owed soon to avoid interest and then I have a full six months to pay the 560 off. Just turning over debt, if that is the right phrase. That's why I got the 560: knew I could make some quick cash to pay off some bills. I am not looking to make a lot of money, if any. Just want to do what I said before. That's all.

Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: tnsettlemo] #2474252
10/26/15 06:03 PM
10/26/15 06:03 PM
T
tnsettlemo Offline
tnsettlemo  Offline
T

One more thing. You guys are stupid if you don't know how to use the internet to shop around to get the best price. I have a degree in computer science but that can't be it. I would think most people would know how to use a computer! Quit talking bad about me. I know how to buy and flip. Been doing it along time, only recently with digital pianos. It's a hobby!!!

Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: tnsettlemo] #2474255
10/26/15 06:13 PM
10/26/15 06:13 PM
Los Angeles, California
P
PianoManChuck Offline
PianoManChuck  Offline
P

Los Angeles, California
Originally Posted by tnsettlemo
One more thing. You guys are stupid if you don't know how to use the internet to shop around to get the best price. I have a degree in computer science but that can't be it. I would think most people would know how to use a computer! Quit talking bad about me. I know how to buy and flip. Been doing it along time, only recently with digital pianos. It's a hobby!!!

Wow, you remind me Donald Trump! Except he has more class and tact when he speaks.

Last edited by PianoManChuck; 10/26/15 07:37 PM.

www.PianoManChuck.com
PianoManChuck on Youtube
Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: tnsettlemo] #2474291
10/26/15 07:31 PM
10/26/15 07:31 PM
Toms River
E
Elwood Offline
Elwood  Offline
E

Toms River

Wow....really?The way I would define stupidity,is if I blindly took everyone's word for it and never questioned anyone's purpose for being here.
Your hobby,as you call it,can very easily be misconstrued as a salesman from a business,covertly cruising the various forums to try & drum up more sales.
Whatever your purpose is,you are still doing business(of a sort),so people here reserve the right to question it(as after all,there's too much room for anonymity,on the net.)
As for your skills as a flipper...well...I am only going by what you had written(such as what you paid for the PX-560 and a figure of $925,makes absolutely no sense to me.)
If I were one of the first individuals to get my hands on a popular item and I paid $899 for it,I would at the very least,try to get $1100 for it and make a $200 profit.
Also...most forums(if not all),have a designated section,for buying & selling....so peddling your newly purchased keyboards here,is a bit inappropriate(which is another cause for concern...wouldn't you agree?)
Who here is talking bad about you?Define bad?Is anyone here accusing you of being a rip-off artist?No.
Did any of us throw insults at you?No we did not.Though you,for some reason,felt compelled to insult us and why?Because your peddling in this thread didn't yield you the return you were expecting to help pay for your expenses while you are in school?
You may want to consider working part time at your local GuitarCenter,as you may find it more lucrative(rather than throwing a tantrum here,because your thread peddling isn't paying your way through college.)
I am not the administrator of this forum,so it's of no consequence to me,what you do here on this forum...but I do find your using this thread to promote your hobby very peculiar and off-topic and if that pisses you off,then oh well.

"If you have good musicians around you,there's nothing to say...if you don't,there's nothing you can say"

-Cab Calloway
Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: Elwood] #2474296
10/26/15 07:58 PM
10/26/15 07:58 PM
A
anotherscott Online content
4000 Post Club Member
anotherscott  Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
A

does the PX-560 have at least have 4 INSERT EFFECTS in it's midi sequencer section??

Picking up from my previous post about insert (individual sound rather than global) effects, in looking at the manual, it seems like the PX-560 probably has just one, because it says that if you split or layer two tones, only one will have DSP.

Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: tnsettlemo] #2474297
10/26/15 08:02 PM
10/26/15 08:02 PM
Scott Hamlin Offline
500 Post Club Member
Scott Hamlin  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Anybody close to Evansville, Indiana, United States wants to come and check out my 560, let me know, I'll be glad to have you. It's for sale for $925 brand new.

Anyone considering this should be aware that the warranty is only good for the original owner. For all intents and purposes, this PX-560 is "used", even if the box hasn't been opened. I wouldn't give up a 3 year warranty to save a couple hundred bucks.

Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: Scott Hamlin] #2474431
10/27/15 08:02 AM
10/27/15 08:02 AM
T
tnsettlemo Offline
tnsettlemo  Offline
T

That's why I am not asking $1100 for it. It's no big deal to me to keep it. I do like it. Sorry Elwood, just kind of sounded like people were talking bad about me. I had ordered a nice X stand for it only to have the place tell me four days later that the warehouse was out of stock, so they refunded my money. I saw a store on ebay selling the furniture stand with pedal board for $150 and I might do that. Being a piano student wanting to study classical music and methods, I don't have the time or energy to explore the synthesizer capabilities of the px560. Elwood, when you get yours and get to test it, please do a full review on everything if you can. Thank you!!!

Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: tnsettlemo] #2474592
10/27/15 04:18 PM
10/27/15 04:18 PM
Toms River
E
Elwood Offline
Elwood  Offline
E

Toms River
Well....my PX-560 arrived around noon today.First...the tactile aspects of this board;

The key-bed is superb(based on everything other board I've had prior to it,such as a bunch of low grade midi controllers and the one 88-key I had,which was the Korg Triton EX.)
The 3 black dials(just left of the screen)...have some physical abnormalities.
The K1 dial is fine,but the other two(the K2 & K3 dials)...sit about a 3rd of a centimeter lower and are difficult to rotate.
Haven't tested them as of yet,as it seems there are no preset functions to them,so I will have to learn how to assign parameters to them,to see if they function.
No other physical defects though....however though,the built in speakers sound so horrible,that I'd say they qualify as a defect. eek As for the overall construction of this board,well...the key-bed feel is rock solid(which is amazing,since it's entirely made of plastic)...but not what I would deem as road-worthy...in fact,I am so glad I am not a gigging musician,as I'd be worried sick about taking this on the road.
As for the display configuration...everything on the surface of each screen mode is simply enough to navigate,but if you are accustomed to Korg menus like I am,you'll be a bit overwhelmed,without the manual in front of you(when diving into sub-menus.)
Then again,no one will be all that comfortable with Casio's layouts at first,as I don't think there's ever been a screen configuration quite like this one....before now.
In terms of presets...well...as many of you probably know by now,I am not overly critical of piano quality,so I am very content with the acoustic piano sounds.
The e.pianos are superb,as are the drums,Hex presets,some of the strings,orchestral and most of everything else is about average & more or less on par with other keyboards in this price range.
The electric basses are decent,but there's no fret noises,slides or other such sounds like the Yamaha boards,which is a bit disappointing.

I haven't really gone deep at all yet and have just scratched the surface,as I really need to study the manual.

That about sums it up for now,that is....

Last edited by Elwood; 10/27/15 04:21 PM.

-Cab Calloway
Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: Giancarlo Robles] #2474610
10/27/15 04:58 PM
10/27/15 04:58 PM
ElmerJFudd Offline
1000 Post Club Member
ElmerJFudd  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Thanks for the honest feedback, Elwood. Keep us up to date as you notice things. Your assessment of the road worthiness of the case is disappointing as I am interested in a lightweight gigging board. Have you ever sat in front of the PX-5S? Big difference in construction? The knobs are not surprising, imperfect enough for you to ask for a replacement or do you get the impression they are probably all like this?

Speakers better/worse/different than a PX-160 or 360? ES-100 or P-115 or 255? I think these sit in a Casio stand with additional amp and speakers. So likely no low end out of the onboard pair.

Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: ElmerJFudd] #2474622
10/27/15 05:31 PM
10/27/15 05:31 PM
Los Angeles, California
P
PianoManChuck Offline
PianoManChuck  Offline
P

Los Angeles, California
Your assessment of the road worthiness of the case is disappointing as I am interested in a lightweight gigging board.

I think Elwood is comparing that with the much heavier Korg Triton model that he mentioned... so coming from that background I can see where he'd think that an all-plastic 26 lb board might scare him from being road-worthy.

I can assure you (having also played a Triton in the past) that's not the case (no pun intended).

I've gigged with the PX-330, the PX-350 and now with the CGP-700 (without the furniture stand) many, many, many times and there's been absolutely no problem(s).

To stay lightweight, I use a soft case... but its no ordinary soft case, its the Nord GB88 which is quite pricey (around $500), but gives the ultimate protection for a soft case. I wouldn't use it for airline travel (that would have to be a hard case), but for local travel the Nord's case is just awesome (wheels, telescopic handle, handle on top like most hard cases have - but more importantly - a handle halfway down on the back which makes it more like a dolly when using it with the wheels, which literally cuts the weight down in half (if not more) as opposed to using the top handle with the wheels.

I've done gigs that were literally 400 miles away, and the case was packed into a van with a ton of other equipment - and times when it was transported the same distance where part of it hung out of the side of the cargo area of a pickup truck (along with a ton of other equipment). I've banged it into walls (while in the Nord case), and it still serves well without fail.

Bottom line - if you treat your board well during transport, with the right case, you have nothing to worry about.

Oh - one more thing, no matter what board I use, I NEVER, EVER use an X-Stand of ANY kind! That's a recipe for disaster. A guitar/bass player in front of you who backs up (unknowingly into your board) will knock it down. Always, always, always use a T-stand something like a "On Stage Stands" Model WS8550 (that's the one I use no matter what board I use).

www.PianoManChuck.com
PianoManChuck on Youtube
Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: ElmerJFudd] #2474630
10/27/15 05:52 PM
10/27/15 05:52 PM
Toms River
E
Elwood Offline
Elwood  Offline
E

Toms River
Thanks for the honest feedback, Elwood. Keep us up to date as you notice things. Your assessment of the road worthiness of the case is disappointing as I am interested in a lightweight gigging board. Have you ever sat in front of the PX-5S? Big difference in construction? The knobs are not surprising, imperfect enough for you to ask for a replacement or do you get the impression they are probably all like this?

Speakers better/worse/different than a PX-160 or 360? ES-100 or P-115 or 255? I think these sit in a Casio stand with additional amp and speakers. So likely no low end out of the onboard pair.

I've never had a hands-on with the PX-5S.What would really bother me with this board on a gig,is the thought of any of the corners of this board taking an impact.
The flimsiest part of this board,is the strip of plastic just below the keys,as it's very thin.
As for the 3 knobs,the 3rd one(K3),is so stiff,that I have to put quite a bit of effort to turn it and it's so off center,that I cannot do a 360 degree rotation.
I'll definitely have to return it tomorrow.It seems to me,that this particular board was poorly assembled,is all.....so the replacement should be fine(they really ought to do a quality check on these boards at Sweetwater,before they ship them out.
As for the built in speakers,well I was very unhappy with the sound in the CGP-700 I had played,so my guess is that most of their non-console keyboards sound like @ss.

-Cab Calloway
Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: Giancarlo Robles] #2474632
10/27/15 06:05 PM
10/27/15 06:05 PM
Between Chicago and NJ, USA
Mike_Martin Offline
Mike_Martin  Offline

Saying that the PX-560 is not gig worthy is just preposterous. Search the PX-5S users group on Facebook, the Casio Music Forums or just Google issues with PX-350 or the PX-5S. There are over 2,200 users on the PX-5S FB group and I can count the number problems on one hand. Not to mention the professional players we have touring the US and the world with the PX-5S.

As for your specific PX-560, unfortunately if all the knobs are not turning the same consistent manner then you should contact your dealer, Casio HQ or search for a local service center on our website. I'm not sure what could be causing that but I'd either suspect impact from shipping or a unfortunately a defect from the factory.

Regarding the speaker system, the speakers in the PX-560 and PX-360 are an upgrade from what was in previous models like he PX-350. They're not studio monitors. They're 8W each. For an instrument like a PX-560 they're a great convenience for many situations but not 100% representative of what the instrument can sound like.

Last edited by Mike_Martin; 10/27/15 06:09 PM.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
Re: New Casio Privia DP models just announced! [Re: Giancarlo Robles] #2474633
10/27/15 06:08 PM
10/27/15 06:08 PM
Mike_Martin Offline
Mike_Martin  Offline

I'm frankly also surprised to hear about your thoughts on the CGP-700 speaker system. There has never been anything as great sounding as this any any compact piano before. They're LOUD with plenty of bass and wonderful clarity on the high end too. If it didn't sound good, I'd question if the speaker system in the stand was connected properly.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  Piano World 

(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Petrof
(ad)
Sweetwater - Keyboards
Sweetwater
ad
Jazz Piano Online
Jazz Piano Lessons Online

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Time for first tuning?
by mackguy. 01/17/19 12:47 PM
Chickering Manufactured by Baldwin Mid 1990's
by Leslie C. 01/17/19 12:40 PM
Kawai CA63
by Bibster. 01/17/19 12:19 PM
Supplementing Faber Adult AIO Book 1?
by pianotimo. 01/17/19 09:54 AM
Pianoteq 6.4 - revoiced Steinway D, B and K2
by Groove On. 01/17/19 09:03 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics189,624
Posts2,782,805
Members92,127
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Please Support Our Advertisers
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Sweetwater

PianoTeq Petrof
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission