2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
80 members (almo82, astrotoy, Amusingprofessor, anotherscott, 8ude, Abdol, AWilley, 21 invisible), 651 guests, and 525 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: How much Do Sales People on a Piano Showroom Typically Make?
Scriabin67 #2452985 08/22/15 01:20 PM
to assume that "owners" and "salespeople" are mutually exclusive - - this is not a safe assumption at all - nor is it a correct one, as is clearly and constantly demonstrated on this forum. I am a salesperson, by the way - - and I look at my own retail experience as perhaps the most valuable experience in my career.

with regard to how much a typical salesperson makes - - I'd suggest that there is no "typical" salesperson. You will see a wide range in income with salespeople working the same floor.

As one person put it so well - and as it relates to what a sales person can earn: "Your raise is effective when you are."

Bob Snyder
Senior District Manager
Steinway & Sons

rsnyder@steinway.com
www.steinway.com
Scriabin67 #2453012 08/22/15 02:56 PM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Bottom line:

1] everybody should buy the pianos he/she loves and can afford.

2] everybody needs to find for him/herself the most suitable venue making this possible.

End of magic.

Norbert smile

www.heritagepianos.com
Greater Vancouver B.C. piano dealers for : Estonia, Brodmann, Ritmuller
604-951-8642
Scriabin67 #2453042 08/22/15 05:46 PM
A quick story I found rather humorous, and no, it is not about the Pope. smile

My wife, who is severely disabled due to a brain tumor, watches a lot of religious programs on TV. She and I were watching the televangelist, Jesse Duplantis, one afternoon, who is about as much a comedian as he is a preacher... but he told this story as a true story.

Jesse Duplantis, being a former musician and rock-n-roll singer, before he started preaching, said he wanted to buy him a nice piano. So, he goes to the swankiest, fanciest piano store near him to shop for a piano. He said he found the one he liked and wanted, though he didn't mention the brand name... I figure it had to be a Steinway or a Bosendorfer or the like.

For those who have never heard of Jesse Duplantis, he is a multi-mega millionaire televangelist who owns his own private Learjet; anyway, Jesse said the salesman in the store more or less just ignored him and never offered to help him. So, Jesse calls the salesman over to the piano and says, "I'd like to buy this piano". The salesman says, "mister, you don't have enough money to buy that piano", and he wasn't smiling when he said it.

Jesse Duplantis, a bit shocked at the salesman's response, repeats himself, "I want to buy this piano", and begins to pull out his checkbook. When the salesman finally realizes that Jesse is serious, he (the salesman) is the one who is stunned and shocked.

Moral of the story.... maybe piano salespeople need to watch TBN more often. grin

By-the-way, this post is not a religious solicitation, just a recommendation/suggestion that piano salespeople should give their customers the benefit of the doubt that they (the customer) have the money to buy the piano. smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
Scriabin67 #2453057 08/22/15 07:35 PM
I
I
Ooh, Rick, what a story. My most recent example of the opposite:

OWNER. What brings you to our store?
I: Your Chinese pianos.
OWNER (looking me over demonstratively and grinning, appreciative of what he thinks was a joke): No, you don't want a Chinese piano.

1892 Bechstein III -> 2015 Yamaha U3
Scriabin67 #2453190 08/23/15 09:54 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Rick,

Many years ago I had a similar experience as your evangelist. Of course, I'm not a mega millionaire like he is. Regardless, I was researching grand pianos at one of the Steinway showrooms in New York State. I would travel there often in hopes of narrowing what would be my choice when I was ready. The salesman who helped me on previous occasions looked at me and responded he wouldn't give me any more assistance because '...you're never going to make this happen...".

I wrote a letter to the head person at the West 57th street with all of the details. In the end, I suggested that this salesman would be more suitable at the local supermarket, not a piano showroom.

The universe works in wonderful mysterious ways. Two years ago, I found my dream grand at Cunningham Piano. AND it is new!!! My Cunningham Matchless sounds and plays like a dream.

Yeah, they need to watch TBN more often ;-D

Barbara
...without music, no life...
Scriabin67 #2453209 08/23/15 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Music Me
The universe works in wonderful mysterious ways. Two years ago, I found my dream grand at Cunningham Piano. AND it is new!!! My Cunningham Matchless sounds and plays like a dream.

Interesting story, Barbara, and congratulations on your piano!

It seems that Bob Snyder is right... there is no such think as the typical piano salesperson. And, Rich Galassinni is certainly not the typical salesperson. smile

It seems to me that a piano salesperson needs to win the customer's heart and mind, as well as their pocket-book. smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
(ad) SWEETWATER Cyber Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Schimmel K 132
by Lady Bird - 12/04/20 04:16 PM
Pianoteq presets
by Eli26 - 12/04/20 03:47 PM
A hauntingly beutiful piece you probably never heard
by pianoloverus - 12/04/20 02:29 PM
Them Donners and Lagrimas
by jeffcat - 12/04/20 02:21 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics203,259
Posts3,030,504
Members99,480
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission