2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
52 members (Cheeeeee, Adam Reynolds, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, 5 invisible), 1,283 guests, and 277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:sinophilia
Experience:3 years 5 months
Direct music link:click to download
Title of piece:To a Wild Rose
Composer:Edward MacDowell
Duration:02:08
Source of music:sheet music
Instrument used:Casio Celviano AP-450
Recording method:Zoom H2N
Technical feedback wanted:Yes
Additional info:I've been practicing this piece on and off for ages, literally. This summer I thought it was time to wrap it up, so I picked it up again and was finally able to record it. The audio is not that good, as the acoustics of the room isn't great, and I haven't managed to understand where to place the Zoom exactly. The sound of the Celviano is definitely not as clear as my real piano's, and the pedal changes are extremely loud. Sorry for that. It's a lovely piece and it deserves a crystal clear tone, with smoother dynamics and a tranquil atmosphere. Maybe some day.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:Ganddalf
Experience:48 years
Video link:https://youtu.be/QmaRmnBw33c
Title of piece:Song without Words Op.62. no.1
Composer:Mendelssohn
Duration:02:18
Source of music:Peters Edition
Instrument used:Yamaha AvantGrand N1
Recording method:Zoom
Additional info:Not a very brilliant or famous piece, but a small gem like many of the other Mendelssohn's Songs without Words. I have some 10 - 15 of these pieces on my base repertoire which I play at least once every week, and this particular one is one of my favorites. The more I play it, the more amazed I get by the qualities of this composition. Although simple in its structure it contains a wonderful development of the theme and lots of beautiful nuances. Hope you enjoy my intepretation.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:Jazztpt (Russ)
Experience:40yrs
Title of piece:For Emily Kate
Composer:Jazztpt
Duration:04:31
Source of music:Original composition
Instrument used:Roland HP507
Recording method:Piano to PC (Audacity)
Additional info:A new piece written for a new member of the family (grandaughter)due to arrive in early October. I usualy wait untill they arrive but I was thinking about how I was going to come up with something and this emerged so here it is.
I start with a string sound , go into solo piano then into a jazz trio (improvisation) and finally strings again with a final piano tag. Completed in one performance by switching sounds and using the iReal app to generate the bass and drums backing. I removed 1 second of dead air in audacity which was the count in for the backing track.

I have been busy with other projects lately and although I submitted a piece to the last recital I didn't fully participate, which I feel bad about. So, this may be my last recital (for a while at least - never say never) but I must say I have really enjoyed the 4 years I have taken part and I really can't thank everyone enough for their positive support and encouragement. A rare thing indeed , an internet forum where everyone is nice.

-

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:Teodor
Title of piece:A Brief Stroll Through Wonderland
Composer:Improvised
Duration:03:19
Instrument used:Yamaha P105

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:Medden (Simon)
Experience:2 Years
Title of piece:Dietro Casa
Composer:Ludovico Einaudi
Duration:04:36
Instrument used:Kawai CN-34 Digital Piano
Recording method:Digital to USB
Additional info:I've just returned from two weeks holiday in Italy, so wasn't really prepared for this recial. Thought I would submit this anyway, even though I know it's a little rough around the edges.

It's a nice simple Einaudi piece for anyone looking to try some of his music.

If I had more time I would have tried for a perfect rendtition, I hope the odd flub doesn't spoil it too much.

Thanks for listening.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:Kenan
Experience:7 Months since I started, 5 months with lessons.
Title of piece:Bagatelle in A minor WoO 59 "Fur Elise"
Composer:Ludwig Van Beethoven
Duration:02:45
Instrument used:DGX 650
Recording method:DGX 650

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:SandTiger
Experience:3 years a few months
Home page link:http://sandtigerpiano.blogspot.com/
Title of piece:The Southwind (variation)
Composer:Old Irish folk tune
Duration:01:56
Source of music:The Southwind is an old Irish folks tune. I couldn't remember the second verse so made one up.
Instrument used:Casio PX 150 digital
Recording method:Used onboard recording, then played back through the piano speakers and used a voice recorder. Then to Audacity to convert to MP3 and normalize.
Technical feedback wanted:No
Additional info:The SouthWind is one of the first tunes I learned when I started on pennywhistle. So in a way, it is a full circle in my music journey to come back to it on the piano. Like I said, I could only remember the first bit, and made up the second verse. So those that know it well are going to hear that. There are also a couple of missed notes on the left hand. However, of the recordings I made, this is the overall best.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:chopinoholic (Paul de Koning)
Experience:long time
Title of piece:Prelude op.28 no.2 A minor and no.17 A flat major
Composer:Chopin, Frederic
Duration:06:39
Source of music:Henle Urtext edition
Instrument used:Pleyel 205 grand from 1977
Recording method:Zoom H2n
Additional info:Again Chopin and again a prelude. This time two of 'm.
Had a lot of trouble recording these. Especially no.2. It sounds easy, but I think it's so hard to get all the accompaniment chords just right.
The piano needs to be tuned. It's overdue, but since I'll be moving in two months I put it on hold until it is moved to it's new location.

Hope you enjoy!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:Zerlina
Experience:2 years of piano in college followed by lots of stops and starts. Began playing again in April, 2015.
Title of piece:Sonatina in C, Op 39, No 1 Movement 3: Allegro
Composer:Frank Lynes
Duration:01:23
Source of music:Sheet music
Instrument used:Yamaha Clavinova CLP 535
Recording method:Clavinova's internal recording system
Additional info:This is my first Piano Forum recital submission. Thanks so much for listening. smile I am working on the other two movements as well.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:UnderConstruction
Experience:Returning adult after 24 years of absence. 2.5 years as a child with lessons, 8 months as an adult "self taught".
Title of piece:Nocturne 20 in C# minor
Composer:Fryderyk Chopin
Duration:04:14
Source of music:IMSLP sheet music
Instrument used:2007 Yamaha GC1
Recording method:iPad + Tascam iM2
Additional info:My first recital submission. :-) Yet another attempt of this famous Nocturne, hopefully I haven't misinterpreted it too much! Love this piece. Still struggling with some trills and quite a few other things, but having fun. Submitted one earlier this week, but this weekend, managed to get another recording which I was much happier with, so here's the resubmission. Appreciate any feedback, technical or interpretive.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:CASINITALY (Cheryl)
Experience:5.5 years
Title of piece:Morning Prayer
Composer:Tchaikovsky
Duration:01:48
Source of music:Sheet music Music for Millions
Instrument used:Yamaha P112N (Silent feature used)
Recording method:Piano to computer with Audacity
Additional info:I looked at playing this for the Tchaikovsky themed recital, but had to drop out. Though I was disappointed at the time, I think it was for the best. I know that my technical abilities have improved this year and that last year this really would have been beyond me. On many levels this is the hardest piece I have tackled to date. It took me weeks to just be able to read it and feel that I knew what I had to do. It is short, but there are more voices than I have ever dealt with and though it sounds simple, it is really hard to get the nuances of tone sounding as wonderful as I'd like (I am still not really there, but this piece is a keeper and I will continue to work on it!)

I would have liked to have recorded directly from the acoustic, but the weather has been so hot and humid I haven't bothered spending the money to tune it - I am waiting for the autumn at this point.

Breakfast was coffee and Italian pastries.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:CarlosCC
Experience:+5 years (Self taught since Dec2009)
Video link:https://www.youtube.com/user/PianoCarlosCC
Home page link:https://app.box.com/shared/tazfg0slfx
Title of piece:Dietro L'Incanto
Composer:Ludovico Einaudi
Duration:05:02
Source of music:Played by memory.
Based on the sheet music from "The Best of Ludovico Einaudi" book.
Instrument used:Yamaha P85 (Grand Piano 1)
Recording method:Digital to PC
Additional info:Due my vacations period I didn't have too much time to prepare this recital so I had to play one piece of my repertoire.
I started playing this piece in 2012 and, 3 years later, I recognize that I've change it a little bit along the time... So, you will find a new "introduction session" (first 43 sec); I felt that the original introduction was somehow "aggressive" and I thought I could change/avoid it.
I also played the piece slower than the original, but that is only a matter about the way I "see" this piece.

Thanks for listening.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:joangolfing
Experience:15+
Title of piece:C Minor Prelude BWV934
Composer:J.S.Bach
Duration:01:31
Source of music:J.S.Bach 18 Short Preludes, Alfred Publishing
Instrument used:Yamaha GC1 Grand Piano
Recording method:Zoom H2 using Audacity
Additional info:I have been playing Bach's Short Preludes for many years. I recently changed piano teachers and have worked exclusively on Bach's music. This C Minor BWV934 is one of 3 preludes I will be playing at a Bach Piano Party that I am hosting at my house in October.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:jotur-Cathy Turner
Experience:2 years of lessons in my early teens, 35 years off, playing for dancing since 1995, playing for assisted living since 2009.
Title of piece:You're a Grand Old Flag
Composer:Geo. M. Cohan
Duration:02:52
Source of music:pdf of original 1906 sheet music from the Lester Levy Collection at Johns Hopkins University
Instrument used:Casio PX-100, an old work horse at this point smile
Recording method:digital to PC, audacity
Technical feedback wanted:No
Additional info:The sheet music I have is titled "You're a Grand Old Rag", and that's how the verses are printed. The story I read somewhere was that Cohan had talked to a Civil War veteran on the streets who was clutching an old tattered flag to his chest, and when asked about it said "It's a grand old rag!" So that's what Cohan used. But the public, not knowing the story, felt that "rag" was pejorative, so it got changed to "flag". The PCness of it's day smile

I would love someday to have this up to speed, but alas and alack the octaves are still a problem for me. I've used single notes instead of octaves a couple of times here, but I keep trying - don't give up the ship! eh? I tried here to do the intro and verse a little more majestically and the chorus a little more up tempo, and it almost worked laugh I'll use it in my gigs in the next two weeks any way because - why not? There's other tunes being played, this one can be a little slow -

I had a small quiche from Trader Joe's for lunch.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:blackjack1777
Experience:11 Months approximately 2 Hours per day of practice time on average. (Using Alfred's All-in-One with a Piano Teacher weekly)
Title of piece:Amazing Grace
Composer:John Newton
Duration:01:38
Source of music:Alfred's Adult All-In-One Course: Level 1
Instrument used:2014 Wm. Knabe & Co. 48" Academy Series Upright Acoustic Piano (Model# WMV 121)
Recording method:Tascam DR-05 and Audacity Software
Additional info:This is my second recital and I'm very excited to make this submission. I feel that this is a solid improvement from my first submission which was a very simple arrangement of Greensleeves. This song is from my Alfred's method book and it is the first song I've learned that used triplets and arpeggiated chords. It was quite challenging for me but I'm very happy with the result and all of the work that went into playing this piece. I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Also, please excuse the occasional squeaking of my pedal I have called the technician to come and fix it, hopefully it is not too annoying.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:gingko2
Experience:8 years in youth and 2.5 as a restarter
Title of piece:Romanian Dance #4, Sz.56
Composer:Bartok, Bela
Duration:00:48
Instrument used:Kawai CA63
Recording method:digital to PC
Additional info:still love Bartok..
This is one of 6 dance in a suite. All lovely. (hats off, again, to AndyPlatt who played all of them at one recital...and got me hooked)

It's been a good piano year. Progress is slow but regular practice helps and a good teacher who got me to listen to myself and count aloud--finally.

meatballs and zucchini

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:outo
Experience:About 4 years (+ plus some childhood lessons)
Title of piece:Impromptu op. 5-6
Composer:Sibelius
Duration:02:34
Source of music:Edition Breitkopf urtext
Instrument used:Yamaha U1 Silent upright
Recording method:Olympus LS-20M, Audacity to MP3
Additional info:This is one of the easiest and best of the op 5 set of 6 impromptus, which is among my favorite piano works by Sibelius. It is probably composed somewhere around 1893.

I had a hard time recording and after already submitting one version I noticed a reading error and had to relearn one measure at the last minute. A couple of flubs in this take and you can probably hear that I am a little agitated. The RH octaves are a huge struggle for me, but otherwise this is not a technically difficult piece. It does require the right mood though, which was kinda hard to find this time. I hope poor Jean is not too uncomfortable in his grave. Piano could use tuning as usual, but that's the climate here.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:barbaram
Experience:6! 4 as a teen, 2 since returning, a bit of dabbling here and there in between
Title of piece:Pachelbel Canon in D
Composer:Lee Galloway
Duration:03:12
Source of music:Sheet music
Instrument used:Roland fp5 Digital
Recording method:Digital to Audacity on Mac
Additional info:It's a very well known piece, I'll go so far as to say a bit of a cliche, but I do love it. I haven't got this quite where I'd hoped to, and there's some awful clipping at the very end. But on the plus side, my 10 year old daughter is quite impressed :-)

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White
Experience:Self-teaching since beginning of recitals
Title of piece:Shangri-La
Composer:Matt Malneck and Robert Maxwell
Duration:04:05
Instrument used:Yamaha P-80
Recording method:Audacity
Additional info:This piece was not memorized.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Performer's name:Cat_W (Katharina Wittfeld)
Experience:After playing as a child for several years I got back to the piano seriously in april 2012 when I started to take lessons again.
Video link:https://youtu.be/KJRkbGKdcxQ
Title of piece:Venetian Boat Song op.30/6
Composer:Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy
Duration:02:57
Source of music:Sheet music from Henle
Instrument used:Schimmel (acoustic)
Recording method:Canon 5D Mark II with internal mic
Additional info:I've bought the complete "Songs without Words" sheet music to have some pieces to relax and enjoy. This is my first piece I practiced from this book and after a few days of playing this song it really started to sound like music.

So I was quite optimistic when I told my teacher that I plan to play this for the recital. The following lesson was spend to work on this piece. We only covered the first few measures in the lesson because my teacher had so many comments. It was kind of frustrating but also very eye-opening. I realized that I was really far from being able to play it well and continued to work hard on this song.

I hope you enjoy it! :-)

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission