2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (Carey, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, 13 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
NighhhT Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hello, today I went on a quest, after saving up U$S 1250. (It took a while)
So I went to try some DPs, went straight to the Kawai distributor here in Argentina.
So i tried out the ES100 which was amazing, nice sound and it felt great playing on it, and also had the opportunity to try out a few other Kawai products, the MP11 which I just loved and the K400, it was on another level.

The thing is that after that, I tryed out a few other DPs. The Korg SP280 felt horrible, and the yamaha P105 was a little too light and I really didn't like the samples it has.

The real contender was Casio. The PX150 and PX350 action also felt great (a little heavier than the ES100 and even CL36, but lighter than the K400) and the samples were good too.

Here comes the price (It's South America, high prices and little warranty is expected)

Casio PX 150 - U$S 1000 + U$S 50 (decent sustain pedal)
Casio PX 350 - U$S 1400 + U$S 50 (decent sustain pedal)
Kawai ES100 - U$S 1400 or U$S 1250 (cash)

Both Casio and Kawai offer 1 year warranty. Yeah, really, we almost pay double the price and we get half (or even less) warranty.

So that's it, It's a tough choice. But i guess Im going for the ES100.

What do you guys say ?

Last edited by NighhhT; 06/19/15 08:47 PM.
Go with your gut, but I doubt that you'll go wrong with any of your selections.

Keys: Yamaha GC2, Casio Privia PX-5s, Roland RD800, Alesis VI61, Yamaha YC61, Pianoteq 7.0, Native Instruments, Gig Performer
My motto: Play and Let Play!
J
J
Why don't you see what sort of deal you could get on a CASIO PX-5S stage piano? I helped a friend buy once recently here in Perth West Australia and we got it for $1,250 Australian Dollars including a genuine Casio sustain pedal and soft case. I highly recommend that try one out before making your final choice...if it is affordable.

1993 Roland JV1000 76 note workstation synth with Pop and VE-GS1 expansion boards ] 1994 Roland JV1080 Multi-timbral sound module ] 1994 Roland KR4500 Intelligent Piano ] 2008 Korg MicroX sound module ] 2015 Kawai MP7 Digital Stage Piano
N
NighhhT Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by petes1
Go with your gut, but I doubt that you'll go wrong with any of your selections.

Yeah, I will probably go for the ES100, thanks.

Originally Posted by Just Alan
Why don't you see what sort of deal you could get on a CASIO PX-5S stage piano? I helped a friend buy once recently here in Perth West Australia and we got it for $1,250 Australian Dollars including a genuine Casio sustain pedal and soft case. I highly recommend that try one out before making your final choice...if it is affordable.

I've heard that the PX 5S has the same keybed than the PX150/160 and PX350, but I didnt play the PX 5S, not many shops carry it. Also it's a few hundreds U$S over my budget.

I wonder If Kawai James has anything to say about Kawai warranty in South America, particularly in Argentina.

Last edited by NighhhT; 06/20/15 09:35 AM.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by NighhhT
I wonder If Kawai James has anything to say about Kawai warranty in South America, particularly in Argentina.

The exact warranty terms differ depending on the market region. My advice would be to contact Kawai's distributor in Argentina to confirm this information.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
N
NighhhT Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Kawai James

The exact warranty terms differ depending on the market region. My advice would be to contact Kawai's distributor in Argentina to confirm this information.

Kind regards,
James
x

Hello James, thanks for the answer.
I'm considering to buy the ES100 from the distributor/importer (Breyer), and they offer 1 year warranty.

I was just wondering If they have an agreement with Kawai in terms of the length of the warranty, or they just set their own.

Also, why does the warranty length depend on each region ?
To me it doesn't make much sense. I take it as some region get privilages over others, which is rather unfair.

Thanks.

Last edited by NighhhT; 06/21/15 09:36 PM.
I was just wondering If they have an agreement with Kawai in terms of the length of the warranty, or they just set their own.

If you have any queries regarding Kawai's warranty terms, may I recommend that you contact Kawai Japan directly via the following contact form:

http://www.kawai-global.com/support_e/enquiry/

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
With regards to distribution and warranties and the differences worldwide, it is my experience, that vendors follow distributors which follow dealers which only do whats necessary to survive in the local market.

The only way this changes is when there is enforced legislation (Italy sued Apple because they felt that Apple would not explain the EU mandated 2 year warranty good enough to customers) or when a brand can differentiate itself with warranty and people will pay more for it.

So, you'll have to demand it from your politicians (legislation) and go buy goods from the dealer/brand with the best warranty model and tell them that this was why you shopped there.

Kawai CN35. Daughter wanted a piano, so we got one. Now who'll learn faster? ;-)
N
NighhhT Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Hendrik42
With regards to distribution and warranties and the differences worldwide, it is my experience, that vendors follow distributors which follow dealers which only do whats necessary to survive in the local market.

The only way this changes is when there is enforced legislation (Italy sued Apple because they felt that Apple would not explain the EU mandated 2 year warranty good enough to customers) or when a brand can differentiate itself with warranty and people will pay more for it.

So, you'll have to demand it from your politicians (legislation) and go buy goods from the dealer/brand with the best warranty model and tell them that this was why you shopped there.

The thing is that the market for DPs is slim, and most brands offer 1 year warranty. But some brands do care about people experience with their products (on the relatively small market that Argentina is) like Gigabyte, they were the first manufacturer that gave the same warranty in South America that they give in USA or Europe. (It used to be 1 year a few years ago)
After Gigabyte stepped up their game here, there rest of the competition followed, giving the customers the same experience.

That's an example how a brand made the rest step up their game (atleast here), I could list more, like Western Digital.

Enforcing longer warranties for DPs is not a choice the market is too slim and there are bigger problems to solve. So I guess the only choice is a brand stepping up their game so the rest would follow.

I mean, I will still buy a DP, but it makes my blood boil the unfairness of the diferent markets, when we even have to pay higher prices.
I'm not pointing fingers at any companies here, because It's probably not their fault and it is on the importer/distributor side.

N
NighhhT Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Little update, got the ES100 smile
I'm really happy, the DP feels well built and solid. The hammer action is great too, the speakers aren't great but I use headphones.

Potato quality photos:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

F
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
F
Congratulations Nighhht!
I hope that your new piano brings you many years of enjoyment! smile

Nord Stage 2 HA88
Roland RD800
M
M
Congrats on the new ES100!

Now to upgrade that potato.... smile

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission