Good afternoon folks,
Kawai Japan has recently issued software update v2.02 for the CA95 and CA65 digital pianos.
This update fixes an issue with loading/saving User Memory files, some internal song and USB audio recorder issues, and a USB formatting issue that triggered a check dialogue under Windows 7. The update also improves damper/sostenuto repedalling behaviour, and prevents playback of MP3 audio files with unsupported bitrates.
The full changelog is listed below:
V2.02 (May 2015)
- Fixed: Potential freeze when selecting registrations while recording to internal recorder.
- Fixed: ‘Dual Balance’ setting problem when selecting registrations while recording to internal recorder.
- Fixed: Potential freeze at end of recording when recording audio to some USB memory devices.
- Fixed: Potential glitches/errors when recording audio to some USB memory devices.
- Fixed: USB memory devices formatted on the instrument no longer trigger Windows 7 check dialogue.
- Fixed: User Memory SAVE/LOAD issue.
- Improved: The damper pedal/sostenuto pedal behaviour is improved when replaying the same key.
- Improved: Do not reset ‘Dual Balance’ setting when changing from Dual-->Single playing mode.
- Improved: Prevent playback of MP3 files with unsupported bitrate.
V2.01 (August 2014)
- Corrected the ‘Tripple Delay’ noise that could occur at Power On.
V2.00 (May 2014)
- Fixed issue with that could stop the playback of SMF files unexpectedly.
V1.07 (October 2013)
- Prevent tone generator from creating ‘pop’ noise under certain circumstances.
V1.06 (March 2013)
- Adjusted specifications of ‘Damper Resonance’.
- Fixed issue with non-sounding beats when using Metronome rhythm patterns.
- Adjusted behaviour of ‘Auto Power Off’ function.
- Changed ‘Part Balance’ setting name to ‘Volume’ when using Finger Exercises.
- Fixed ‘Steady Beat’ mode when using Concert Magic function.
- Fixed issue with some notes being dropped when using Concert Magic function.
- Fixed noise that could occur when adjusting ‘Damper Resonance’ level.
- Fixed oscillation noise that could occur with some effects when turning the power ON.
- Fixed oscillation noise that could occur when change reverb type.
V1.02 (May 2012)
- Changed default value of ‘Auto Power Off’ function.
- Changed volume level of ‘Factory Check’ mode.
- Allow the same note to be played by an SMF file and received MIDI data simultaneously.
- Fixed issue with key velocity when saving SMF files.
The software updates and update instructions can be downloaded directly from Kawai Japan at the the following URL:http://www.kawai-global.com/support/updates/
Note that Kawai software updates are cumulative, meaning that the v2.02 update also includes the fixes and improvements of v1.07, v1.02 etc.Please be sure to backup any customised registration and settings etc. using the functions in the USB menu before performing this update.
CA95 and CA65 digital piano owners are encouraged to update their instruments to use this latest software version. Please feel free to post your feedback in this thread.